NOT SURE HOW THIS WORKS…RESPOND ANYONE PLEASE

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
NOT SURE HOW THIS WORKS…RESPOND ANYONE PLEASE

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Bootsy Badger 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hey guys, I am 21 years old..pretty new here and I guess I was just hoping that someone might like to fast with me. I have done water fasts, and fruit and vegetable fasts. This time I was hoping to do a 8-12 day water fast. The first time I had lost 28 pounds in 8 days..which I resorted back to my old eating habits (yes I know I know…not smart because I gained that weight back and then some) anyway, I did notice that when I followed up after other fasts eating healthy, minimal weight was gained and I had less palpitations..and felt physically better.

I am hoping to lose around this same amount of weight or more on my 8-12 day water fast. My problem is boredom, and lack of motivation. I find that when my entire family is eating cookies and burgers I struggle to stay strong. Then I am home often and try to make myself busy but sometimes I think about food..then of course eat. I was just hoping someone would be so bold to join me in this journey because it feels nearly impossible to make it pass that 3 day mark.

I am ashamed to say my actual weight, but lets just say I need to lose 69 pounds exactly in order to be at my healthy goal weight. (some history for you is that I have already lost 69 pounds. Still trying to finish the last 69 equaling a total intended loss of 138 pounds..way too much I know!) Surely I have you guessing how much I initially weighed..as well as how much I currently weight. I am not expecting to fast my way there completely, but intermittently which my body seems to appreciate.

I guess what I need to say is…can anyone join me please?

Hi Rosy

Your fast sounds too extreme. You say that you find it hard to get past the 3 day mark, but that’s the whole point of the 5:2 diet – that you only have to get through one day and then you can have the cookies and burgers if you want (as long as you don’t go over your TDEE). You can calculate your TDEE on this site on the Diet by Numbers section on the Home page. So, you eat 500 calories on your fast days (two per week) and up to your TDEE on the other days.

Have a good look through this site and you’ll see what I mean.

I hope this helps.

So everyone here pretty much does not do fasts over a 2 day period?

I suggest you read the book and then you’ll understand what the fast diet is, which is a sensible and safe way to gain health benefits and lose weight by restricting calories twice a week.
    Water only fasts for as many days as you are suggesting should only be carried out under medical supervision.

Hi Rosy.

Lets make a plan and do it together, im also desperate xxx

Hi Rosy and mandx

I agree with artyanna and Amazon: slow and steady wins this race.

Have a look at the the home page – click on ‘How to do the diet’ and ‘Diet by the numbers’. Maybe invest in the book. Or have a look at the original documentary which started it all off. I’ll find the link and post it on here for you. There is also a very good thread on this forum called ‘The basics for newbies – your question answered’. To find that, use the search box at the top of this page.

Unlike the water only fast you were thinking about (and I agree with Amazon, fasting for 8 to 12 days would need medical supervision), strictly what Michael Mosley means by ‘fast’ in this context is calorie restriction, 2 days a week, not total deprivation. Then, as artyanna says, on the other 5, you eat to your own TDEE.

To answer your question above, Rosy, it seems to me that the majority of people on here do separate fast days each week, although the minority fast 2 days back to back.

Although maybe most people’s initial aim is to lose weight, if you read around these threads, you’ll see that people come to equally appreciate the overall health benefits.

Wishing you both good luck on your 5:2 journey.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.