Not losing weight

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  timmothysmith01 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi all,

I need your help.

I am doing the alternate day fasting but I am not losing weight. In the 1st week I lost 1 kilo (2.2 pounds)and then nothing. I excercise. I eat no more than 500 calories on fasting days and usually no more than 2000 on other days. I sometimes eat/drink more than 2000 if I’m going out at the weekend (on a non fasting day). I have been excercising 5 days a week, doing cardio + strenght. What am I doing wrong? This is my 4th week. Am feeling a little discouraged…
    Thanks for your help

Hey, I’ve just joined the forum after having a bad fast day on Monday – anyway, I came accross a good post by Michae which I think you should see: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/more-on-what-to-do-if-youre-not-losing-weight-five-things-to-consider/

If you’re going over 2,000 on a non-fast day I think it will work against you even if you are exercising, and the drinking might be tipping you over more than you realise.

Lots of people are saying that the Fast Diet means they’ve been scrutinusing their general eating habits overall (not just fast days) and while some people are saying they can eat what they want, I think its entirely subjective because it means different things to different people. Try not to give yourself a hard time though and try not to over exercise.

Hi Jade, thanks for your message. I have read the link you sent. I have also read lost of other forum discussions and I realised I’m eating too much carb. I realised that on fasting days I was dreaming about the food I could have the following day and haven’t been so healthy. Even if not eating more than 2000kcal, I ate more carbs than I usually do. So I will now eat more protein and veg and slow energy release carbohydrates and see what happens. Good luck to you. Hope you get results soon. Alix

Medical issues can contribute to weight gain and make it far more difficult to shed weight. These conditions consist of hypothyroidism, PCOS, and sleep apnea. Additionally, some drugs might hinder weight loss or even result in weight gain.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.