Not losing weight

This topic contains 2 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  miley 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi everyone.
    Hope you had help.
    I have been doing 5:2 for about 18 months now, and pretty much lost nothing.
    Lose a few lbs & then gain them again sadly.
    I am currently exercising 3 times at week for 1 hour, doing HIT sessions & then Yoga twice a week.
    I stick to my fast days, i do back to back. Other days i’ll be honest i try to take healthy choices but i don’t calorie count.
    Anyone else getting the same? any kind advice that can be given?
    thanks in advance.

Hi Hellybelly, well done on sticking to the diet for so long! Particularly if you haven’t yet seen and changes – Could you be at your ideal weight? Maybe that is why you are maintaining and not losing.

Are you consuming ANYTHING in your fast days? ie, are they reduced calorie fast days (5-800) or are you water fasting completely?

What is your calorie intake on non-fast days?

You are more active than I am but I feel that if I were to eat normally on non-fast days and consume 500kcal on fast days then I wouldn’t really be making much of a difference.

What pattern do you follow on your fast days? Do you go from dinner the night before the fast day to dinner the night following the fast day or do you go until breakfast the morning following the fast day? I feel that from dinner to dinner isn’t a considerable fast for me as I have only really skipped breakfast and lunch (and may end up consuming a normal amount of calories on what was supposed to be a fast day).

“Other days i’ll be honest i try to take healthy choices but i don’t calorie count.”

This may well be the issue: it is really easy to overeat calorie dense wholefoods and to undereat low calorie wholefoods without obviously overeating.

If you do not wish to calorie count, you can still track the balance and variety of your diet and your rough energy intake by weighing, measuring and logging your servings in a detailed food and activity diary.

Whilst it is a bit of a PITA initially, you will soon get the hang of accurately eyeballing a serving, or using measuring spoons/ cups instead of a kitchen scale.

HTH!

The simplest explanation for why you might not achieve your weight loss target is when your calorie intake is greater than or equal to your calorie expenditure. Consider using techniques like mindful eating, food diaries, consuming extra protein, and strength training.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.