Not losing any weight

This topic contains -4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cinque 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi I’m Sam and I have been attempting to follow the Fast 800 over the last few weeks. I have been taken off a notorious weight producing drug called Epilim. I have been off it for 2 weeks now. I have been expecting to start to lose weight but it is not coming off at all!!! I am now 69kg at least 10kg overweight and I’m small 5ft 2″ so unfortunately it shows and I can’t fit into my clothes that I used to wear. The weight gain was relatively rapid but is stubbornly staying. I feel totally demoralised and frustrated

You can do this, Sam! Could there be some residual effect of the drug that you were on that’s frustrating your goals? I would recommend Dr Mosley’s “Fast 800 Diet”, if you haven’t already read it. There are plenty of strategies to keep you motivated, not least the two-week rapid weight loss phase of his programme. I’ve found TRE (Time Restricted Eating) really useful, in conjunction with replacing starchy carbs with green carbs at least once a day. So, if I have oats for breakfast, I’ll have cabbage or sliced leeks with chilli instead of rice for dinner. I eat breakfast around 10am and dinner not later than 7pm, so I’m fasting for the most part when I’m asleep. Best of luck – you’ll get there.

Thank you for your words of encouragement. Yes I have read the Fast 800 numerous times. I am not eating from 7pm till next day around 12pm, so no breakfast and I try not have snacks, I usually have a small mandarin around 4pm and dinner at 6pm. I tend to not to eat large meals and I also seem to eat a lot slower than my other family members. Hopefully something might happen soon. I am also in the middle age heading towards menopause maybe that is an additional cause.

Have a read of this, it might give you some perspective, and a laugh.
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/really-no-weight-loss/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.