Not losing any weight!?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Not losing any weight!?

This topic contains -42 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  keepyourpantson 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• I’m just coming to the end of my first 2 weeks of 4:3. I expected “rapid weight loss” after reading several of Michael Mosley’s books, or at least some weight loss. I’m overweight by a lot and most of it is around my belly – the fat that I understand should be lost when following this lifestyle. I know that it’s only been 2 weeks, but I expected to have lost something. I’ve only lost 1lb in 2 weeks. I originally lost 2lbs in week 1, but have gained one back. I also haven’t lost any cm’s round my waist at all. I’ve been drinking loads of water, and sticking strictly to 4:3. I’ve also eliminates ‘fake meat’ (I’m vegetarian) and sugary foods like biscuits from my diet and have only really been eating whole foods. I should have lost some weight, and feel really defeated.

Hi Pickled Egg,

I’m sorry to read it hasn’t gone well for you so far. I’ve been doing 5:2 for 8.5 years and I’m not sure if 4:3 has any different rules but maybe you are overdoing it a bit with the water if “loads” is a much as I’m interpreting it to be. Whilst it has no calories, until it leaves your body it will be adding weight. 2 weeks also isn’t very long for this way of life so I can only recommend persevering for at least another couple of weeks. There are a couple of good threads to read that I’ll add below that may help.

Best of luck with it.

I’ve been doing 5:2, than switched to 4:3. Also don’t see any result. How long did it take for you to make it obvious? Please share.

Not 100% sure what your question means but if it means “how long before my successful weight loss became obvious?” then I’d probably say 11 weeks. My weight at the end of each week was:

00: 94.3 kg (starting weight)
    01: 93.4 kg
    02: 92.9 kg
    03: 91.9 kg
    04: 91.4 kg
    05: 89.7 kg
    06: 90.1 kg (an increase)
    07: 88.9 kg
    08: 90.0 kg (another increase)
    09: 88.5 kg
    10: 88.2 kg
    11: 87.0 kg – big drop and BMI = 24.9

Does this help?

Best of luck. Marathon, not a sprint.

For what it’s worth, I started 5:2 on 1st Feb 2013 and even now am needing to lose 1.5 kilos to get a BMI 24. I’d always been overweight since childhood, largely due to being overfed by nouveau riche parents who saw a fat kid as a sign of their prosperity.

I managed to get down to healthy bikini-wearing weight while working in France and Spain in my early and mid 20s, but within a month or two at home, most of it came back.

Over the next 40 or so years, I managed to keep plump (size 16) but healthy. But then I got polymyalgia rheumatica and an over-eager doc put me on steroids for 2 1/2 years, resulting in shingles and weight rising to BMI 35 – 13 stone-plus (not good at 155 cm), having to wear size 20 for my remarriage. I’m afraid I shoved my copies in the bin!

Then came 5:2. Yes it has worked but very, very slowly. Nine years and a bit to be precise. One year it took me 12 months to lose 1 1/2 kilos. Even so, the doc gradually took me off the numerous medications, prescribed for “just in case at your age”. I’m delighted with the results and being able to wear a flattering size 12. I shall, of course, take care not to face-stuff, something I now find find difficult to overeat.

So you’re not alone. It’s horribly annoying I know, but it’s worth hanging on in there. Very best wishes. 🙂

I’ve struggled to lose too- sometimes if I do 5 x 800cal days in a week I can lose 0.5lbs, it’s a hard slog, I feel for you. No advice I’m afraid, just empathy!

This topic is like that story of the elephant sitting on the splinter or that nail, which is somewhat uncomfortable and painful to sit on but not uncomfortable or painful enough for the elephant to want to get up and move! Well, ladies and gentlemen, today is the day that that nail has become way to uncomfortable for me (I mean for that elephant). Today is the day that the life of the elephant will change forever, they have now chosen to get their butt up and move!!

Hence, why I joined a wonderful community like this! Hopefully, getting with people who have goals that they stick to will help me stick to mine.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.