Non-Scale Victories

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  1Maureen 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hoping this can encourage those that are frustrated with the numbers not going down on the scale as quickly as they would like. I read this somewhere and wrote it in my weight loss journal:
    Pants are looser
    More endurance
    Inches have been lost
    You feel healthier
    You have more energy
    You feel stronger

Continued success to everyone. Never beat yourself up when you are DOING something to improve yourself. Our journey requires consistency and PATIENCE!

Hi Maureen
    You’re right of course. ANY positive sign is progress. At the same time it is a good idea not to lose sight of the goal. And for that reason a self-critical attitude can help a lot. Being self critical is not the same as beating yourself up. To me it means doing my best to understand what went wrong when I went off the rails, in the hope that I will then be able to avoid making the same mistake again.
    Blaming yourself (or anyone else) for your past mistakes is pointless but acknowledging that you made a mistake is just the first step to putting things right again.
    I have 2 strategies for fast-tracking myself to get over my lapse.
    1. Add a 3rd day of fasting for that week.
    2. Doing the first 3 days of the Indian vegetarian GM diet and then going straight back to 5:2.

Hi Mark, I actually do ADF so am fasting every other day. I have lost 8 pounds since Feb. 6, 2017 and have not fallen off the wagon (yet). I just wanted to remind both the men and women out there of other victories not related to the scale when we hit a dreaded plateau or the numbers on the scale are not going down like we had hoped. Our bodies are all different and we have to find what works for us individually when it comes to reaching and staying at our goal weight. Bottom line is to NEVER throw in the towel, but to continue to tweak things and find what works best for YOU. Continued success to you and everyone that is on this weight loss journey!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.