Non fast calories Vs fast day calories

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Non fast calories Vs fast day calories

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TracyJ 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi there!

Daughter of two fasters here. I am looking to seek a third or fourth opinion on how many calories I should be consuming to make weight loss more effective.

5’7” – 13st 11lbs

I am currently eating 500kcal on fast days
    and
    1300-1600 (based on different TDEE calculators) on non fast days

My mother, having fasted, lost over 4st and maintained for 2 years reckons I should be eating more on non fast days.

I was under the impression from the book that I had to stick to this to make fasting effective in order to reap any benefits.

But I am also aware that maintenance is a big part for me, as big as the weight loss would be. I am looking to shift almost 4st myself.

I wondered what people’s experiences had been.

I have looked at a few different posts and it is pretty much conflicting. The assumption here is that this is very much a trial and error process, seeing how you go and if the weight comes off.

But I do have to say, I am eager to shift the weight and could cope with having to get used to adjusting my body to taking in 1600kcal ‘normally’ and upping exercise to eat more.

Let me know if you lost weight and what you did in the beginning?

Thanks!

Some people don’t have anything on fast days, apart from tea and water. It is really up to you.

I am having 150 calories on fast days and 1100 calories on normal days – I realise that isn’t great for everyone, but it works with my tdee and I feel great doing it, I am taking vitamins and using a tracker I got from the app store to make sure I get the right levels of everything each day.

It is all up to choice. What is best for one person will be different for another. X

Hi, have you calculated your TDEE using the tool on this site? If not I suggest you do, just click on “how it works” at the top of the page.
    TDEE is the maximum amount you should eat on non fast days in order to lose weight.
    As you lose that number will decrease, so you need to recalculate every so often. I started off recalculating after every 7lbs lost. I’ve now lost almost 4 stone and have calculated my TDEE for my goal weight and am using that.
    There is no reason why you should eat up to your TDEE. If you do not need to, eating less will speed up your weight loss. The most important things are sticking to 500 calories on fast days, and eating a healthy balanced diet.
    Good luck.

Hi – it is trial and error because not everyone responds the same way. For instance, upping my exercise by 400% has literally put the breaks on any weight loss whatsoever but some people would thrive on extra exercise. It depends on your body and what it responds to, it’s just not one-size-fits-all, so people make suggestions based on their experience but it might just not be the same for you.

For me, the diet aspect is all that will shift weight for me. I know that, so when I’m happy with my tone & fitness I’ll decrease the exercise and go back to just normal exercise and the diet side of things and hopefully start losing again (not far left to go now). When I go back to this pattern I will be having 500-600kcal on fastdays and I’ll be eating up to but definitely not over my (preferred) end goal weight’s TDEE on non-fastdays. This should give me a very gradual but steady & sustainable loss, as it was before my exercise ‘blip’. I’m currently eating up to my ‘current’ TDEE on non-fastdays and that plus the exercise is doing nothing for me.

You just need to try different things, give them a chance to show results and go for what works for your body and what you feel will be sustainable long-term.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.