No weight loss

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  hmb26101977 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hello All,

I started the fast diet before Christmas but went off track over Christmas and subsequently ‘started again’ on January 1st. I do two fast days a week and on those days i’ll usually have 2 boiled eggs in the morning and a piece of salmon or some homemade soup for dinner. I also run 30-40 minutes on fast days. I started off going from 9 stone 11 lbs to 9 stone 7 lbs but its just crept back up again to 9 stone 9/10. I haven’t changed anything. On my non fast days I eat healthily and under my TDEE. I’m becoming disheartened, has this happened to anybody else?

I felt that fasting would possibly make the weight come off fast ( not that i’m bothered about it coming off fast) as long as I know if i keep going it will eventually come off.

I’m a 19 year old girl at 5″8.

Please help!
    Thanks 🙂

hello Birdgirl94

well done on keeping at it, I am no expert but I would say eat up to your TDEE on your feed days and not under, and just hang in there, you’ve done it before and you will again!
    I am stuck at 9’5 myself and somehow my body refuses to go lower grrr, I am only 5’2 and would really like to go to 9 BUT I am in no hurry and am just going to fast as usual…

don’t get too downhearted hun,keep at it!! 🙂

There are a whole host of factors why some folk don’t appear to lose weight, but read my post ‘for those who think it cant /doesn’t/won’t work’ – once you’ve read that, and as long as you are happy to be patient and not expect miracles overnight it will work.

I used to train at a high level in sport and we had to make weight for certain competitions – some team members could drop weight incredibly quickly others took weeks and months yet we all did the same training and ate similarly – over time if you stock to the plan you will lose wight

If you weight yourself every hour for 72 hours (or at least the ones you are awake) you will see there is a huge variation in our daily/weekly weights (and after you’ve done that don’t weigh yourself by the hour ever again!the point is that if you only weigh once a week (and I’m not suggesting that you do otherwise) that you may or may not hit a light or heavy weigh ion day – its only once you get significantly away from a certain weight that you are guaranteed even on a heavy day of showing a weight loss

This isn’t a rapid weight loss diet, but more a way of life. There’s a small group of people (I’m in it) who lost nothing in the first 3-4 weeks, but have lost inches (yayy, that’s motivating!). They’ve gone on to lose weight and my scales have just started to move down.

Give it a few more weeks, as Smeeagain says everbody is different.

Just a question. What if the weight is going down (albeit slowly) but the inches are only crawling? I have lost 3kg in 3 weeks but only 1.5cm off my waist and 2cm off hips (which is where I don’t want). No change in the measurements over the last 2 weeks!!!
    Mel

I have been doing this for 4 weeks now and for the first 2 weeks i lost 4lb. The 3rd week I stayed the same but I lost inches. Dont be disheartened if the numbers dont change on the scales, use your own feelings in yourself, inches and clothes as a good Indication. Good luck x

hmb26101977, you might have misunderstood, I have lost weight but the measurements have not changed much. Not sure why, been drinking lots of water, eating to my TDEE and not eating more than 500 cals on my fast days. Maybe I just need to be patient.

Mel

Y eah I realised after I wrote it but went back to teach and only just got home. Maybe it is being patient and remember good things come to those who wait.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.