No April Fools!!!!!

This topic contains 104 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Upagumtree 8 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 101 through 105 (of 105 total)

• Hello all you No April Fools – ah well, gave it a try. After my extra FD and eating under TDEE I still only managed to drop 1/2llb. Not quite at goal, but if anything it has given me more resolve not to go mad on holiday . OH has dropped 2 1/4llbs in 4 days?. He is over the moon. So well below his target now. He is def sticking to this WOL as he feels so much better.

So my stats for the month. Only lost 4 1/2 lbs during April .
    Started in January at 10st 11lbs. Now weigh 10 St 1 1/2 lbs.
    Bust. 38″. (Same)
    Waist 33″ ( 5″ off)
    Hips 40″ (2″ off)
    Thighs 23 1/2″ (1.1/2″ off )
    Calves 13″ (1″ off)
    Neck 13″ (1″ off)

So all in all quite pleased with progress but I have to accept it is going to take time.
    Thank you all so much for sticking with me through all the ups and downs. It’s so supporting knowing we are all rooting for each other. Would love to stay with you all at Little Voices. Will try to post while in SA but if I don’t it’s because I’m too busy having a great time!,

Happy fasting all and know I am rooting for you from far away.

Amazing work! My stats are not so impressive and I am losing weight at a snail’s pace but I’m still feeling very motivated. I’m playing the long game!

I started April at 10st 1lb (having just gained a couple of pounds over my birthday week at the end of March) and I now weight 9st 13lb, so my total loss is 2lb. I’ve had two 6:1 weeks and 2 5:2 weeks so I’d say my loss is about right. I also had Easter break from my dance class so missed out on 3 classes, and was nursing a few injuries which limited how much else I could do in normal life.

However, seeing your overall stats made me look at mine, and I’m really happy. I started 5:2 in mid January, at which point I was weighing in at 10st 9lb. The week before I ‘officially’ started 5:2, I was 10st 10lb. I am 5’7″, so I wasn’t technically overweight, but I felt it and was definitely in dire need of going up a dress size, so decided to do this instead. I have had quite a few 6:1 weeks and the rest 5:2. (I am pleased that I have stuck with at least 1 fast day every week regardless). So my overall stats:

Weight: Started 10st 9lb – Now 9st 13lb (total loss 10lb)
    Wasit: Started 33″ (and I was pulling that tape tight….!) – Now 29.5″
    Hips: Started 40″ – Now 38″

I’m happy. Onwards to May!

I am so happy to report that i successfully completed two fast and two under 1000 calorie days and dropped another 2 pounds so a total loss of 8 pounds this months thats 16 pounds since i started i’m so happy ! bring it on May ! so happy for everyone and their losses and third time have an amazing time ! x

Hi there all you lovely bunch. I’m so sorry not to have posted, hope you don’t think I’m ignorant. I’m fine just been really busy with work and family stuff. I have also done some thinking and have decided that I’m going to gracefully bow out of this WOE. It does seem to have a negative effect on my thought processes and I become quite obsessive about food when I’m on a fast. I also become short tempered and generally very mardy which is not fair on those who have to live with me. I then over compensate on none FDs and this leaves me feeling like a failure.
    However, I haven’t given up on my goal to lose half a stone and I have started a juicing programme. I bought a juicer a while ago when a friend recommended it and only did a few brekkie juices but this week I have had three days where I juiced for brekkie and lunch and then had a normal dinner. It’s great cos I can take my juice in a flask on my travels.
    The great news is that I have calmed down!To my husband’s relief. Feel satisfied because the juices are very tasty and have lost 3lb already. So it’s great to see the number ten on the scales again. In a way it is a kind of fast as you don’t eat any solid food from the night before until dinner, probably around 24hrs. This is my third juice fast this week.
    Upa, thanks for your concern, it’s been great chatting to you all. You are all doing really well. I will still check in from time to time if that’s ok and see how you’re all getting on. Have a lovely holiday 3rdtime. Dragonfly, thanks again for getting us all going.

Oh Magic, so sorry you are giving up the WOE but glad you have found something which works for you! A loss of 3 pounds is fantastic … And no mardyness! I don’t think you have a huge amount to lose from now on, given your height – the next challenge will be to maintain, but from what you say the juicing is kind of like fasting anyway so even one day a week juicing might be sufficient to maintain. Good luck with it ! I will so miss your interesting and humorous posts – please do not abandon us altogether! I have set up a new challenge under Little Voices – hope you can visit from time to time and let us know how you are doing.

Hope as many of you other regular posters can join me over on Little Voices – May Challenge ! … Dragonfly, Soc, Babs, Applepie … Are you up for another monthly challenge? (ThirdTime, I know you will be having far too much fun in SA to bother with this challenge – but hope to hear from you once you get back!)

I am off to Spain tomorrow for my golfing holiday. Unfortunately, after reporting my 2 pound “unofficial” loss on Thursday I put on 2 pounds over the weekend so back to 9 1/2 stone – that’s a two week plateau! Will need to reassess my TDEE when I get back, but don’t intend to miss the tapas and vino this week !!

Happy May everybody !!

Viewing 5 posts - 101 through 105 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply.