This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Sassy 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi all. I am just about to start my 5:2 Diet for the first time. I would like to lose 1 1/2 stone. I have tried other diets in the past and for some reason my weight loss seems to stop at 11 stone and wont budge past it. I also have recently been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid and have just started treatment.

So tomorrow is my first fast day and I will let you know how I get on 😀

Hi Sasha. Good luck with your first day. I too have about 1 1/2 stones to lose and know I will struggle at the 11st mile marker. I’ve been doing the diet for just over a month and have lost about 9lbs so far which I’m delighted with as it does feel like minimal effort. Hope your treatment goes well and that you enjoy 5:2.

Ali

Hi Sasha! You’ve definitely come to the right place. I suppose I need to lose about 2 stone (and maybe a bit more if I manage to get that far!) but this way of eating does seem pretty easy. Is today your first fast day? How are you gonna go about it? I usually wait all day until the evening when I then treat myself to an M&S FullerLonger meal (they are delicious and specially worked out for those on a restricted calorie diet so that you get everything you need in one meal. They range from around 300 calories to 480…so ideal!

I, too, have an underactive thyroid which I have had now for the past 20+ years. I take 100mcg Throxine daily with no problems. I certainly know if my levels are down, because of the extreme fatigue I experience. Anyway, I hope they get your thyroid sorted ok.

Good luck with your fasting!

Good luck Sasha! Here’s to 10.9 stone! 😉

Just popped in to say there are lots of posts related to (under-active) thyroid – just type thyroid into the search box and it will bring them up.
    And in terms of the amount of weight you want to lose, by browsing this forum you will find plenty of people who have lost those amounts and more. Just give it time! I understand the under-active thyroid may make it harder to lose, but there are people in this situation who have succeeded.
    So stick with it, and hopefully it will work for you 🙂
    Good luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.