New to Fast Diet: Can I do 4:3 when I'm up for it? Can I move my fast days?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
New to Fast Diet: Can I do 4:3 when I'm up for it? Can I move my fast days?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi, Friends. I’m new to 5:2. In fact, I’m in the middle of a Master Cleanse so I have a few days yet to do my “homework” on 5:2. I put on some weight a few years ago and now again in the last few months. I’ve been fit and trim most of my life and just because I’m 52 and post menopause does not mean that I’m read to give up! (Like I said, I’m new here and here’s “my story” in case you’re interested/bored. https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/new-to-52-52-post-menopause-in-the-u-s/#post-231790 ) I just stumbled upon 5:2 yesterday and have not ordered the book yet so I’m sorry if these two questions are easily answered by the book. I was so excited to find the info about 5:2 that I read up and watched YouTube videos about the background of it for hours.

I know I can do 5:2 with fast days at 400-500 calories; probably Mon/Thurs. I always practically do that after my boyfriend and I have had a particularly indulgent week or weekend. I feel like a lot of the time, I could likely do 4:3 (eating lightly both Mon and Tues, and then probably Thurs).

I have two questions. The first question is: Do I have to keep the same fast days every week? Mondays will probably almost always work for me but if I have some kind of social thing happening and need to, for instance, fast on Wed instead of Thurs, that’s okay, right? Or do my fast days two in a row early in the week?

The second question is: If I’m feeling particularly “fasty”, can I randomly do a 4:3? I can see that it might be easy for me to do both Mon and Tues, and then Thurs. Nothing wrong with an extra day of fasting, right?

Hi Gina and welcome:

You can do any two diet days you want any week(s) you want.

You can do 4:3 any time you want (the less you eat, the more you lose).

This thread has most of the information you will need to be successful with 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi, Gina. How has it been going since your November start?
    Your post sounded very enthusiastic. You sound as if you know how to begin. I would caution you about too little food in a week. Please make sure that the food has high nutrition: protein, vitamins, minerals and does not come from supplements or pills.

You can, of course, Fast whenever and how often you want. But remember that while Fasting you are not only losing weight, you are also establishing behaviors which you can sustain for the rest of your life. Get into the habit of real food consumed in a sustainable pattern. That way the weight comes off and STAYS off.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.