New Participant

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Haley 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi everyone. I started 5:2, 2 weeks ago. I am only down 1 pound. Is this normal? How long does it take to start losing weight more quickly. Feeling discouraged.

Hi, my first month I didn’t seem to be losing anything but after one month I had lost 5 lbs. Although I can’t help stepping onto the scales I make a note of the monthly weigh ins (i do this on the last Thurs of each month) and this evens out the ups and downs. Keep going the only thing is to remember the non fast days are not feast days you still can’t go mad but can have the odd treat. It’s still early days, don’t give up yet.

Thank you, muffin10.

Hi, Ive been on 5:2, for just over 1 month and have lost 7 pounds. The first week and a half I didnt lost a pound, however by the end of the first 2 weeks, I was down 2 pounds. I was very discouraged as well when I saw the scale didnt move the first week, but read through a lot of the posts here and decided to stick on for at least a month

So dont be discouraged … you may not lose weight as fast you’d like, but you will lose weight, focus on inches and not the scales … and give yourself a month. I have over 20 kgs to lose, and I was really focused on the number on the scales, but it can become obssessive, so Ive just mentally told myself that even if it is a pound or two , its still a pound or two less than the previous month. I find the inches lost more encouraging than the number on the scales.

Dont give up … you will gain other benefits in addition to weight loss. I find i now have a greater appreciation for healthy food and for the first time in my life, I feel I have cntrol over the type of I consume .

Hi I’m new to this diet and have been on it for nearly two weeks I was wondering is it ok to have ur two fast days one after each other or are you better splitting them up? Thanks

Hi Haley. You can do both together or you can split them up. As a beginner I would recommend you split them up, but others might disagree. Mondays and Thursdays are popular fastdays, but just split them up according to what works best for you. There is some great information on this site. Well worth taking the time to have a really good read. Good luck !

Thank you very much was thinking of doing Monday and Thursday as it splits the week up 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.