New couple with far flung daughter

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Benefits and side effects
New couple with far flung daughter

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Yowelgirl2014 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• So my husband and I are on week 2 just completed third fasting day. We are doing surprisingly well although vigorous exercise has added to the rumbly in the tummy. Our daughter lives in Texas and just completed her first day yesterday. She is 21, has a BMI of 35, and she complained about headaches, really feeling sick in her stomach (nausea), difficulty focusing at work despite drinking water, and tea. She had breakfast at 9 AM then dinner at 7 PM. I told her that was probably too spaced out for the first day. Anyway, she had difficulty sleeping and woke up at 04 and made breakfast, but still felt bad for sometime afterwards. Is this just detox? and the shock of not eating huge numbers of calories? Should she tough it out and see if things improve, or tweak the calories a bit? She really wants to succeed, as other diets have failed. Suggestions?

Hi there Yowelgirl

Well done to all three of you for completing your fasts, i am not sure if i can offer any advice re your daughter, but it could be a mixture of all the things you already mentioned, i tend to spread my calories throughout the day, but i try not to eat anything in the morning and save my calories for the evening, although i will allow myself a cup of soup around lunch time.. It takes a while for the body to adjust and we are all different i guess, but this has to be a lifelomg commitment, its not a fad diet, in fact its not a diet at all really 🙂 i hope your daughter sticks with it, am sure you will be supporting her in her journey, so goodluck to all three of you, and happy fasting 🙂

@yowelgirl2014 with a BMI of 35 I’m guessing that your daughter probably has quite a lot of weight to lose.
    She may find it easier at first to have 3 small meals on her fast days for a few weeks. She can then cut down to 2 meals when she feels ready. Two or three meals are fine providing the total calories are no more than 500 on fast days.
    The ideal is to eat somewhere between the idividual’s BMR and TDEE calories on non fast days. We all try different ways until we find the best way for our lifestyle.

If your daughter has been overeating previously the nausea etc is her body wondering what’s going on!! Feelings of hunger on fast days to begin with are often actually thirst and a drink – water, tea, coffee – will usually stop these.

It takes the body a little while to adjust to this new way of eating but it is worth persevering.

Good luck to all of you.

xx

@sylvestra , ( not sure what you mean by TDEE) and angie. I have forwarded these suggestions to my daughter and encouraged her to join the forums for the extra support that is obviously here- Thank you both!

Thats great Yowelgirl!
    TDEE is the amount of calories you should consume on your normal days, top of the page under the “how?” section there is a tool that will calculate this for you 🙂

Good luck and happy fasting 🙂

@yowelgirl2014 As Angie says, have a look at the ‘how?’ link at the top of the page – and tell your daughter to do this too. There is a calculator and an explanation of why you should know these figures.

You may all find it a help to record your calories for a week or two to get an idea of portion sizes and calorie values so you can stay between the 2 amounts on your non fast days. It’s only too easy to underestimate the amount you are eating on a daily basis. There are websites/apps that you can use to do this …www.myfitnesspal.com and http://www.loseit.com are just 2 of them.

Good luck

xx

@sylvestra, Yes, I have been using the my fitness pal app. I love it! It really forces you to be attuned to the calories you are eating on nonfast days. @ Angie I will check out the TDEE info. Thanks again for your support!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.