Need quick and easy salmon recipe

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Recipes
Need quick and easy salmon recipe

This topic contains 25 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  CalifDreamer 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

• I had a desire for salmon yesterday so ended up with some salmon steaks. Any good quick recipes out there? Thanks!

Mary berry does a nice recipe with asparagus and eggs – quails eggs I think but I’ve done it using hens eggs.

Google it, but basically bung the – equal size if poss – steaks in a hot over for 10-15 minutes, not oil but covered with the foil. Let it cool, but take the skin off while hot, easier – lightly cook the asparagus, eggs best soft hard boiled – if there is such a thing, don’t boil too long.

Apparently if using quails eggs, easier to peel if they are a week old!

Can’t remember if there is more to it, good choice as no oil and no mayo!

One of my favorites is salmon with garlic and basil, with a low calorie fish soup as sous (just get mine from a bag though). On fast days I just add some vegetables, and on regular days, I bake small potatoes along with the fish.

Serves 2
    2 125g salmon fillets, 1dspn lime juice, 25g scant fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs, 15g desiccated coconut, salt and pepper, spray oil.

Oven 220 degrees
    Brush lime juice over salmon.
    Mix breadcr, cocon, salt and pepp.
    Dredge fillets in mixture and place in oven dish.
    Spread remaining mixture over top of salmon and spray with oil.
    Bake 12-15 mins in oven then brown top under grill if you want.
    Each serving = 300kcals

Thank you all!

A great recipe comes from ‘You are what You Eat’ Layer a bunch of spinach in a dish, layer some partially cooked leeks on the top and then place your salmon on the top. Salmon is topped with garlic and ginger( I think) Place in a 200° oven for 10 mins. It’s a really filling dish believe it or not. In fact I’d forgotten all about this recipe until now. It was Gillian Mckeiths recipe so I’m sure you can get it off the web.

I love making Salmon Packets and the possibilities are endless. I usually do Asian Style but anything works. Try julienne onions, zucchini, carrots, jalapeño, ginger, chopped garlic and a bit of braggs liquid aminos(soy sauce alternative). Serve over a small portion brown rice, quinoa, rice noodles etc and serve with fresh cilantro and lime wedge. So quick, so easy and so delicious.

one of the mose favorite salmon recipe is ginatang salmon is a simple filipino fish recipe

My favourite recipe is salmon parcels and kids love it because they can add their own ingredients to their own foil packets. It is a great way to get them involved.

1. Place piece of Salmon on sheet of foil. Add spinach, onions, spring onions, or any other veg that you fancy. add a splash of sesame oil, tamari sauce (or soya) , coriander leaves, juliened Ginger, salt and pepper. All the ingredients are optional and you can omit any that you dont have(except for the Salmon!).

2. Seal the bag carefully and place in hot oven for about 15 minutes.

3. When it comes out, open carefully. There will be a bit of liquid.

The beauty of the dish is that it is really quick and requires no oil. The salmon steams nicely. You can add whatever veg you want and experiment with all the other ingredients.Also you can make the parcels ahead of time, seal it and keep it in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
    IF you are eating carbs then you can serve it with brown rice or noodles.

Slice the salmon, not too thin. Sprinkle with a little salt and be liberal with lemon juice. Serve cool. No cooking hassle. I have mine with plenty salad.

I cook Atlantic Salmon and Ocean Trout in the microwave. I live in Australia so don’t know if you get these fish in the northern hemisphere.
    Use a microwave steaming dish and put water in the base. Spray the perforated steamer section lightly with cooking spray. Place the fish on this. Sprinkle with Tarragon, Dill and parsley. Cover with the lid and cook on high setting for five minutes. This is for two large fillets. Remove from microwave and set aside in a food warmer for a few minutes. I have a fabric casserole cover that I use. I find it very easy, tasty.

I made a greek style salmon salad for dinner the other night that my husband and I both LOVED! I cooked the Salmon in a foil packet with lemon, dill, salt and pepper. Chopped butter lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, kalamata olives and just a bit of crumbled feta and toasted pita bread croutons. I tossed salad with lemon juice plus salt and pepper and topped with Salmon. My portion was only 171 calories. I drizzled a bit of olive oil over my husbands portion since he is not on the diet and we were both totally happy and satisfied 🙂

I cooked salmon steaks with sprinkling pepper, a few herbs , and lemon juice sealed in foil, in Aga (or oven ) for 10 mins.
    In meanwhile a quick stir fry (a few squirts of 1 cal oil) of onion, pak choi, mushrooms, red-pepper, grated ginger. A few splashes of teriyake sauce (or soy sauce).Delicious and surprisingly filling.Even hubby was satisfied, and didn’t require rice etc with it.
    I shall do the same but with chicken breasts another time.

I brush mine with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper, and Chinese Five spice. Bake at 425 for 12 minutes. Perfect.

I love salmon.

My go to for preparing it is to get sides of salmon — either with or without skin. I heat my oven to 475˚F with a cast iron grill pan in there on a rack in the top third of the oven cavity. I dry both sides of the salmon well and season it with salt and a spice blend then drizzle it with olive oil on both sides and rub to make sure all the flesh is oiled.

When the grill pan is blazing hot I place the salmon on it so it has direct heat on the bottom. Then I immediately switch the oven to “Boil” so it gets heated from the top as well. 10 minutes will do it.

I take the grill pan out and let it rest for 10 minutes so the flesh will come away clean.

The salmon is well cooked but never dry. …except for the thinnest parts at the tail end which are crispy like a sort of salmon bacon. They’re my favorites!

Alternatively, I salt and oil the fish and do the same but baste it with a mustard and maple glaze in the last couple minutes and then again when it exits the oven to rest.

The glaze is: 3 parts maple syrup, 1 part coarse grained mustard, 1 part soy sauce.

I’m trying this chowder with some leftover salmon tomorrow. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/smoked-salmon-chowder-240816

I’ll skip the potatoes. I’ll add some oysters and shrimp to the salmon. And I think I’ll add a slurp of sherry and a pinch of cayenne.

LA Chubster, that sounds delicious, specially as I’m just post brunch of boiled egg and Miso soup. Guess what day it is! I’ll certainly try that, it sounds nice and filling. I guess that skipping or reducing the milk would bring down the cals as well as leaving out or halving the potato, without affecting the flavour too much, keeping the cream as the fat would make it sustaining on a fast day. Like the idea of oysters and shrimps!

I’ve just found a delicious refreshing fast day drink. Squeeze a bit of fresh lemon juice into a glass eg from the cut off end of a lemon, I used about a third. Add a tablespoon of cider vinegar, top up with iced water. Somehow the lemon and its peel soften the edge of the vinegar so it’s less sharp. Yesterday (a non fast day) I added approx two tablespoons of white wine and a slice of cucumber to the mix. It tasted like a real drink! I’ve been drinking wine only occasionally at the mo, so this tastes specially nice. You could make it with sparkling water too.

Oh that’s zero cals for the vinegar according to MyFitnessPal

Take Salmon.
    Rub with Miso.
    Put non-stick paper for baking trays in pan.
    Put salmon on non-stick paper.
    Fry Salmon.

Enjoy. 🙂

Does anyone here know how to keep the skin of the salmon crispy? I am planning to prepare it tomorrow.

The best way is to crisp it separately because salmon skin is so tough. Either use a blow torch on it or remove it and fry or grill separately then balance elegantly back on the salmon! The usual thing of starting it skin side down in a frying pan or under a hot grill can ruin your salmon before its skin is crisped enough. Though if you’ve got a fierce grill you could try it.

1. marinade in Italian dressing, put some garlic slices in between portions.
    the best to marinade over night if time allowed – this made salmon really tender.
    If there is no time – 15 min marinade is ok too.
    2. Preheat oven 425F.
    3. bake for 15 – 20 min (depending how big is the salmon piece)
    4. sprinkle with cheese and grill for 2 – 3 min until golden crust is developed on the top.
    5. serve with sous: I used minced garlic, cilantro, parsley, salt, pepper mix with regular sour cream. Also good with pesto or ranch.

Combine Old Bay, brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; rub all over salmon fillets and place, skin side down, on foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Broil on high 5 to 6 minutes or until just cooked.
    Toss cabbage, cilantro, green onions, balsamic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Serve salmon on top of slaw.

This is a favorite which has been posted several times in my Fast blog.
    By now you must have enough recipes for a cook-book!

Salmon Roasted with Tomatoes: 266 calories 13.1 g fat 2.9 g fiber 25.6 g protein 7.7 g carbs 212.5 mg Calcium PB GF One of the earliest meals we made when starting the Fast Diet, this recipe hails from the Fast Diet book in a slightly altered form. Still a favorite. Quick and delicious.
    4 oz salmon 10 cherry tomatoes [5 oz] ½ cup green beans or 2 oz sugar snap peas seasonings to taste
    Spritz a small oven-proof pan with olive oil or non-stick spray. Put the salmon in the pan and sprinkle with seasonings of your choice. Arrange the tomatoes on/around the salmon. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Meanwhile steam the green vegetables. So easy. So yummy.
    If adding 1 Tbsp Parmesan/person, it raises food values to: 288 cal 14.5 g fat 2.9 g fiber 27.5 g protein 7.9 g carbs 268 mg Calcium

The way I prepare all fish filets when fasting (or even not fasting) is to poach the filets in lemon juice and a little water in a large covered pan on top of the stove with herbs. I keep the pan covered until almost done, then uncover to let some of the liquid evaporate. (Time varies with thickness of fish. Don’t overcook.)

I vary the herbs that I use from time to time to keep it interesting. Some of my favorites (used separately) are: fresh dill, basil and rosemary. I never thought of rosemary with salmon until I had it in a restaurant and loved it. I add some more fresh herbs and capers toward the end. (I’ve never met a caper I didn’t like! They add a distinctive flavor.)

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply.