need help with hunger!!!.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Watabe 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi Fast dieters ..

I’m back on the fast diet after a 3 month break .. while I was the US .. put on some weight .. and am desperate to lose it now that I’m back in the UK … but, finding it difficult to keep hunger pangs at bay!!. I’m actually doing an ADF .. for now… just too lose some belly fat quickly, than 5:2 after 2 more months!. I have managed to stay on this ADF .. but really feel hungry on the fast days!!. I do fast for 24 hrs .. then eat but .. most of the time .. I’m hungry!!. What I really wanna know is .. can I cheat once in while!!. I’m 5’5 height … and last week weigh in was 58KG .. I was 68KG when in the US!!. so .. are there any other ADF’s out there who sometimes cheat and eat some food on their 24hr fasting day??.

Hi Watabe:

What do you mean by 24 hour fasting day? What is your eating pattern?

Hi Simcoeluv,

oh sorry… I mean fast for 24hrs(0 cal) .. then eat normally … for a day … then fast for another 24 hrs … so, as I said .. I’m doing an ADF. example .. today is eat normal day so .. I stop eating at 9pm… then fast for 24 hrs solid .. than I can start to eat after 9pm tomorrow evening .. but realistically .. I break the fast around 6am with a big breakfast .. but normally after the 12 hr fast .. I have a protein bar .. till the 6am breakfast. then .. eat couple more small meals during the day till 9pm where I stop and start the cycle again!!. sorry .. bit complicated!!. but .. I just wanna know .. is it ok to sometimes have a snack during the 24 hrs fast .. as I do feel very hungry and what can I have?.

Hi Watabe:

I have no idea why you are eating the way you are. There is no need to not eat any food for 24 consecutive hours. You are just making it harder than it needs to be.

The way ADF works is you go to bed, get up, eat 500 cal or less while you are awake, go to bed, get up and eat to your TDEE or less every other day. Why not just do that? That way you can eat breakfast when you get up and dinner before you go to bed and not be hungry.

To answer your question, though, the way you are eating just make sure you are eating below your TDEE every midnight to midnight day. Eat whenever you want. How much you eat below your TDEE will determine how fast you lose weight. Here are some tips if you are interested: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/ You might check out #6.

Good Luck!

Hi Simcoeluv,

Thanks very much for your advice … I do realise how strange my pattern is .. It’s kinda difficult to alter that pattern … but, I will def try your suggestion and see how it goes!!. I’ll also read up on the ADF and get a more in-depth look into ways to make it more easier!!.

Thanks again Simcoeluv … btw .. have you tried the ADF or are you an original 5:2er?.. and hows is going?. you been doing it long?.

Regards
    Watabe

Hi Watabe:

If you think about it, if, after the end of your 24 hour non eating period at 9 pm, you eat 500 cal or less between 9 pm and when you go to bed, you are doing the 5:2/ADF pattern. The point being you can eat 500 cal anytime during your waking hours if you follow that pattern, not just after 9 pm.

I have had no need to do ADF. I do 5:2 when I am not traveling and have lost about 40 pounds since I started in March, 2013.

Good Luck!

Hi Simcoeluv …

Thanks again for our post, never thought of that .. but, great to notice that pattern .. I think I’ll def give it a try now and it sounds like a much more sustainable eating pattern… not too long a time to not eat!!.

Thanks very much for that advice Simcoeluv …

Kind regards
    Watabe

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.