Need Help Sticking to it on Fast Days! Anyone else struggling?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Need Help Sticking to it on Fast Days! Anyone else struggling?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  beebop 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I am a personal trainer, but still have a bit of weight to lose, and also want to make IF a part of my life for health reasons. I have successfully done fasting days before, but I think my issue is that I need some support! It always helps to have others that are doing the same thing around you. 🙂 What is your experience?

I think what I like about 5:2 is that you can do it on your own or with others,depending on your lifestyle. My husband is occasionally doing it and it;s nice when we eat the same thing but I dont really mind one way or the other. I tend to plan my fasting days for when I am not seeing friends etc because I find it harder to fast around others 0 I like this sort of thing to be private rather than a group activity!

I have done some fasting to for the great weight loss.

Hi, I am fasting with my husband – would probably really struggle otherwise, and no kids to feed which reading other posts seems to be issue. Eating the same things and agreeing on what to eat the day before and making sure you have the right food available helps. I also like to weigh out my ingredients the night before so you not constantly thinking of restriction on fast day. I find chicken with loads of veggies or a nice veggie and ham omelette filling and tasty. Also I carry a sachet of microwave porridge with me so have something low cal, filling and fast. I make up a big pan of veggie soup and freeze as individual portions. Also we try really hard to keep busy at night. I am thinking of doing 4 3 but hubby not keen and have my mum visiting for next few weeks so will wait till she goes home. She decided to fast with us. If I do day alone will be interesting to see how I cope when hubby eating normally. Everyone different but I like support of doing with someone even if not in house can phone for support if wavering – also fun to plan food together on fast and normal days, mix it up and try different recipes when on normal days so really enjoy food, you will get plenty support here, good luck

Hi lantrosiglio

Great to have a PT on here – I am really interested to find out the impact on training of 5:2. Since starting recently, I have stopped the gym, just for the first two weeks as I didn’t want to totally freak out my body!

I will start training again next week but can’t get the concept of doing weights on one day and eating nothing the next – surely the muscles won’t be able to repair.

However, they say it can be done so i’ll have a go.

Support from like minds is essential and the forums are great for that.

Wish you luck and look forward to your experiences of 5:2 -v- being a PT

First weigh in tonight for me, I’m excited and apprehensive too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.