My Story

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  glynnie61 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• In April 2013, I looked in the mirror and didn’t like what I saw, I was weighting in at 18 stone and was so unfit I got out of breath going up a flight of stairs. I was also diagnoised as type 2 diabetics.

Having read about the 5.2 diet, I decided to give it a go, I must confess that I had never been on a diet before and was not looking forward to it, after all who doesn’t like food. After a month, I started to do a few execises at home.

We are now into January 2014, I have stuck to the diet, and my work out has increased to 45 minutes each evening, still at home mostly on toning up. My off days, I have re educated myself to what I eat, I still have a blow out with a takaway once a week, but her we are nine months later.

By sticking to this and my little work out, my weight has gone from 18 stone, to 13.7, my waist has gone from 44 to 34, my diabetics is in remission, I no longer take any medication for diabetics, although I am still checked by the Dr ever few months.

I intend to drop this to one day a week, when I hit 13 stone, to maintain the weight. This really is amazing, if the long term health benfits are half as true as the diet, I am here for a long time to come.

Well done what a great story. I tried last September and lost half a stone but really messed up over Christmas! Since then have had a few family problems and I just eat if I am fed up”
    I am starting again tomorrow as I am determined this time will let you know how I get on keep up your good work

Hi nicric, wow you have done amazing, I started the 5.2 on Monday was really nervous about fasting but got through it & was pleased how it went.
    I’ve been steadily loosing weight for about 6 months so on my non fast days just going to carry on as before & have a few non guilty treats on a weekend. Just got a exercise bike so will get some peddling done.
    The health benefits are great so pleased for you hope I’m here for a long time too!!
    Nellymay great you have your determination back keep it up hope to hear how you get on we can do it 🙂

Hi nicric, wow you have done amazing, I started the 5.2 on Monday was really nervous about fasting but got through it & was pleased how it went.
    I’ve been steadily loosing weight for about 6 months so on my non fast days just going to carry on as before & have a few non guilty treats on a weekend. Just got a exercise bike so will get some peddling done.
    The health benefits are great so pleased for you hope I’m here for a long time too!!
    Nellymay great you have your determination back keep it up hope to hear how you get on we can do it 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.