My 3 Stone Challenge

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Scorpio69 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• I am new to this site and have just started the 5:2 diet again after a few years off.

Many years ago I lost 5 stone ( 18st down to 13st )doing Weight Watchers along side regular walking for exercise. I then quit smoking and used it as an excuse to eat what ever I wanted. Unfortunately this excuse lasted about 3 years. I gradually gained 3 stone, which has been down a stone and back up like a yo-yo ever since.
    I started the 5:2 diet just for the health benefits rather than weight loss. I found it so easy, I even kept it up during 2 week all inclusive holidays.
    For some reason (I cant remember what, but it was probably Christmas) I stopped the 5:2 diet and every time I attempted to start again I fell off the wagon by lunchtime.

Two weeks ago I decided it was time to shift the 3 stone, and actually wear some of the nice clothes in my wardrobe this summer, rather than wearing the same old clothes over and over because I refuse to buy new clothes to suit my current size. I gave all of my XXL sizes to charity many years ago, and found I had shrunk to a Medium. My Wardrobe is now stocked with clothes ranging from M up XL.

Week 1 – I stuck to the 5:2 on Monday and Thursday. My TDEE is approx 2300 but I found as the week passed I was probably only eating max 1600 a day. On Saturday Night I have a blow out night. I eat and drink what ever I fancy. ( I did this when I lost 5 stone on WW). I jumped on the scales on the following Monday and was happy to see a 5lb loss. ( I know week 1 is always a big one )

Week 2 – Again Monday and Thursday I fasted (600 Kcal), blow out Saturday night. On Monday the scales again had been kind and I lost another 4lb.

Total Loss 9lb – I personally have 36lb to go.

My aim is to lose on average 1.5lb a week. I know some weeks it will stay the same and hopefully never go up. Hopefully as some clothes start to fit in my wardrobe I may get more and more encouraged to keep pushing towards my target.

Sounds like you are off to a good start:)

I am new to the site too and have at least that much to lose although I’m a bit vague about how much I am losing because the scales never give the same reading twice so I just don’t trust them. But I am losing inches so I know I’m making progress.

I hope it continues to go well for you.

Hi Scorpio, that’s a great week 1 result.

I don’t think it matters if you don’t eat your full TDEE on NFDs, but I have read that it’s not a good idea to eat below your BMR on those days.

Hope week 2 is good too.

Hi fatrabbit & LJoyce,
    Its nice to get a reply from you both, I hope your weight loss/ fitness regimes are going well.
    I have strange scales as well fatrabbit. I have to weigh myself twice as the first reading is always wrong. The second time I jump on, the reading always comes down slightly, and then if I jump on a 3rd or 4th time it stays the same. My wife did get weighed at the doctors a few years ago and it did match our scales pretty close.

LJoyce I have found that im not really hungry as I have got past the first couple of fast days. Whilst the diet is going well im on a big push before the junk food starts calling. However my Saturday night treat night makes up for eating slightly less the other days. As I said this is how I lost 5 stone with WW years ago. I slightly under ate all week with the Saturday night treat as something to look forward to. My wife also found this method works for her. She was on a big push last year and was strict on slimming world 7 days a week, she just couldn’t lose even 1lb. She then did the same as me and the lbs fell off.

Im on a Fast day today. Im thinking of a 100kcal smoothy for lunch ( Spinach, apple or pear, ginger), and for some reason i’m thinking Smoked Haddock, poached egg and salad for tea tonight. I just need to figure out the calories for that though.

Saturday night treat night – we are thinking – Steak, mushrooms, egg, a few chips, and baked beans, washed down with any type of booze.:-)

Weigh in today – week 3 = 3.2 lb loss
    total loss now = 12.2 lb

Ahead of my expected schedule. I do expect it to slow down, but I will be chuffed to bits if I can at least achieve my target of 1.5 lb loss a week. Im still on a big push whilst the diet is fresh. Any loss over my 1.5 target gives me a bit in the bank for any unexpected lapses.

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have done 5:2 before to shift the odd few pounds, however I have gained 21lbs in about 12 months, because I was so busy at work and getting back late that the gym went out the window! In came more rubbish and red wine, so I really need to drop this weigh and even a few lbs more would be great.

Fast Days will be Monday, Wednesday
    Goals is 24lbs

Be great to “buddy” up with someone in a similar position. I am also going to be super good on non fast days, but will have a cheat day on Saturday to eat and drink what I like. They has to be some reprieve!

Great that you have got off to a good start, I just need to get a few weeks under my belt and I am hoping I will be on my way!

Hi fitbug,
    It would be great to buddy up on our quest.
    You sound so much like me. I’m trying to lose a bit more then get back into the gym. I have a bit more to lose than you but I’m determined to get down to my target.
    I look forward to my Saturday nights. I find it helps me through the week and I don’t have to miss out on anything. A full 7 day diet would be impossible to maintain for me.
    I weigh in on a Monday morning, and fast Mondays and Thursdays.

Hey Scorpio69

Sounds great, deffo need some moral support. I am about to sign up on a 10K race, so I have a goal to head for, running is great for weight loss, but need to start again, as I let it slip.

I weigh in on a Saturday and my fast days are Monday and Wednesday. Trying to head to the gym 4 times a week, Tues, Thurs and Sat and Sun. Would love to drop 12lbs+ in February, get off to a good start.

Any hints or tips I am open to ideas! Let’s drop this excess baggage in time for some sun!!

Hi Fitbug,
    The main thing that helps me is to jot down the calories I’m eating throughout the day.
    I find its so easy to over eat without realising it.

I also try and eat different things on my fast days so they don’t get boring. I don’t even stick to the same amount of meals. Some fast days I will have upto 3 small meals, on others I will just have 1 large evening meal.

However after saying that when the weather gets warmer I will eat chicken salad happily 6 days a week.

Week 4 weigh in – 2.2 lb loss this week

Total loss = 14.4 lb

1 stone gone just 2 more to go

Wow Scorpio, excellent results. I have just started this week, went better than expected, but not weighing myself until Tuesday, but not expecting a loss as I still feel the same. I have 3 Stone to loose, also wanting to get back to gym. Your results are very inspiring. A bit late to this thread, but it’s the closest to my situation I have come accross.

Also wanted to say. I have been using the ‘Myfitnesspal’ app to count up the calories. Makes life so much easier, just in case any of you haven’t been using it.

Hi FasterJo

Welcome to the forum. I will have to try ‘Myfitnesspal’ app. At the moment I just scribble down my food and calories on a note pad. This enables me to scan throug and find a meal idea quickly based on the calories.

As this is turning into my ‘Weight Loss Diary’ I have started a new thread in the ‘Weight Loss’ area of the Forum.
    This is the Permalink:-

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/my-3-stone-challenge-2/#post-191650

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply.