My 3 Stone Challenge

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Scorpio69 7 years ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• I have been on my diet now for 5 weeks. I started this thread originally in the ‘Welcome to the fast diet’ area of the forum.
    As it is now becoming a record of my weight loss I have now moved it over to the ‘weight loss’ area of the forum.

Week 1 – weigh in – 5 lb loss

Week 2 weigh in – 4 lb loss

week 3 weigh in – 3.2 lb loss

Week 4 weigh in – 2.2 lb loss

Week 5 weigh in – 2.2 lb loss

Week 6 weigh in – 2.8 lb loss

Total loss is now – 1 st 5.4 lbs
    Still going strong. My target is 1.5 lb a week so i’m chuffed with these results.

You are doing great! Scorpio

I started back at the first of the year…the first couple of weeks were trial and error…I’ve settled into 2 complete fasting days a week plus a partial fasting day. I am only seeing a reduction of about 1 pound a week so far…so I’d say that you are doing great! I lost 5 lbs in January…will weigh myself next Tuesday, hoping to see another 5 lb loss.

My initial goal was 35lbs…I’d like to see more.

Congratulations…and keep going. 🙂

Hi Floridag1rl,
    Thanks for your supportive comments.

I Fast on Mondays and Thursdays. The rest of the week I watch my calorie intake and make sure I don’t go mad.
    I have had a couple of slips here and there, which I instantly regret. However as you can see I am somehow managing to get away with it.

The only exception to the above is Saturday Night (Treat Night).
    Anything goes. Im extra careful during the day, then in the evening I eat anything I feel like and wash it down with lots of booze.

My Wife is doing the same as me and she has lost about 9lb in 5 weeks.

My initial goal was just over 3 Stone (42lb), however since then, after a check up at the doctors, I may need to go an extra stone. However the doctor said a BMI of 22.5 would be great, just aim for my waist measurement ( around my belly button ) to be less then half my height.

You are doing great as well, 5lb loss is great. I always picture my loss in blocks of butter or bags of sugar. I then realise how much my body is carrying around thats not needed.
    Keep up with your diet and good luck – every 1lb loss is a big step in the right direction.

Week 7 weigh in – 1lb loss
    Total loss is now – 1 st 6.4 lbs

This was better than I expected as I was celebrating my wedding anniversary over the weekend.

On Saturday I dragged an old pair of jeans out of the wardrobe, they were a size smaller and to my surprise I ended up wearing them as they fitted nicely. I also had to cut 3 inches off my belt as it was starting to flap around.

You are doing great, Scorpio! What a thrill to fit into a smaller size.

It sounds like your wife is doing wonderfully on this plan as well…and so nice that you are doing it together…extra support on those fasting days must be great. If my husband continues to see me losing…he may join me…I’m not sure how he will do with the fasting, I don’t believe he has ever tried it.

I was down another 5lbs for February…so that’s a loss of 10lbs since the first of the year. I can live with that.

You guys are doing great…keep going…you can do it!

Hi Floridag1rl,

Your doing great 5lb a month is fab. At that rate you will have lost 60lb ready for next Christmas.

If your husband does start just get him to break down his first couple of fast days into 2 or three meals, I found that helped me get back into the fasting after stoppong for a few years.
    When I got into the second week I just went back to my old ways and had 1 meal a day with a snack at supper time. I find this works for me and my wife is also doing the same.

Week 8 weigh in – 1.8lb loss
    Total loss is now – 1 st 8.2 lbs

Pleased and disappointed at the same time. an extra 0.2lb would have put me exactly on the halfway mark to my target. Never mind i’m sure it will go this week.

For some reason i’m feeling hungry today – I don’t normally get hungry on a fast day until around 6pm

You are doing fabulously well…I’m sure that you reached your halfway mark.

I can imagine what the feels like…I can’t wait to get there myself.
    This was not an easy week…hopefully, I will be re-energized and next week will be better, at least I didn’t gain any weight.

Those were great suggestion for my husband, if he should decide to try it.

Have a great weekend.

Week 9 Weigh in – 2.0lb loss
    Total loss is now – 1st 10.2lbs

Weighed in a day late this week, after my fast day, hopefully the scales wont go back up as I would probably weigh lighter after a fast day.

Floridag1rl – thanks for your message. I did get past my half way mark this week. 🙂
    Keep pushing and you will reach your goal. If you have a bad week just try a little harder the following week. As you said – at least you didnt gain.

Week 9 Weigh in – 0.4lb gain
    Total loss is now – 1st 10.6lbs

Not sure what went wrong this week. A small gain. I will be trying extra hard this week. My wife has a few new recipes to try this week. Hopefully this will mix things up as we seem to be eating the same meals over and over in a 2 week rotation, with Fast days normally consisting of chicken salad.
    Yesterdays fast day we had spicy, honey king prawn salad. On my next fast day we are having steak.
    I weighed myself this morning (the day after a fast) and I have dropped 3.4lbs since yesterday morning, however im not going to count this. I always take my reading on a Monday so I will see how the week balances out.

Hey there Scorpio…I hope that you and your wife are still going strong!

I am pleased to report that I have lost another 5 lbs this month. It is really going slow for me…but steady. I can live with that. So, I’ve lost 15 lbs since the first of the year.

Looking forward to hearing about your losses.
    Have a great weekend.

Week 10 Weigh in – 2lb loss
    Total loss is now – 1st 12.6lbs

Hi Floridag1rl , im really glad that you have lost another 5lbs. My wife has lost about the same as you since the new year. Ive had a couple of strange weeks where my weight has been all over the place.
    Im away for a couple of weeks starting next week, Im expecting it to be hard living out of a hotel, but not impossible.
    My weigh in days will be random days for a few weeks.
    Ive started dragging some more clothes out of the wardrobe and finding more and more that fit me. Some even have the price tickets still on them. This really gives me more incentive to keep pushing towards my target.

Have a great weekend.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply.