My 13 week weight-loss Countdown – day 1

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
My 13 week weight-loss Countdown – day 1

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Make IT 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• Good morning everyone – from a very sunny North East of Scotland.
    Today is my day 1 – and my 1st day of fasting.
    I signed up for the 5:2 a while ago – but after being told by friends that various other diets worked for them and I shouldn’t fast etc…etc… I decided that the 5:2 was for me. This time though – I’ll just be keeping it between us. Losing weight is hard enough, without other’s negativity. (and guess what ??? I lost a few lbs on the other diets – but as soon as I had a “normal” weekend the few lbs I’d lost went back on).

It’s 13 weeks until I’m off on my hols and right now – not one leg is going into any of my summer clothes.

Feeling very good about today – going to try and get half an hour on the cross trainer later and going to try and keep myself busy today aswell to take my mind off of food. Will update later.

How’s everyone else getting on ?

Shelly xxx

Day 1 – 1st fast – weight 12st 11lbs. (06/07/15)

Good luck Shelly, it’s my first fast day today 😀 So far so good, although my rumbling tum could wake the dead! I know exactly what you mean about negativity around choosing a different diet path. So I’m seeking help from like minded people in the hope that positivity will somehow keep the nay-sayers at bay!

My goal is a simple one, I’m too heavy, I’m not happy with it and I need to pull my socks up and get on with it. I’ve decided life’s too short. I wish you well on your journey, and look forward to hearing how you are achieving your goals.

Here’s to positivity

Day one for me too best of luck

Hello from Central Scotland.

Good luck Shelly 🙂 I have just started today and am going to do 4:3 and plan to exercise using Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred and one of her yoga workouts inferno or meltdown, aiming for 3-5 workouts a week. I also have a holiday coming up which is now 10 weeks away, so am determined to stick to my plan.

How are you getting on?

I have been started this WOL at the end of January and I have reached goal – 25 lbs lost and weighing in at 127 lbs. The best thing is that it is a flexible and forgiving way to achieve your goals. The fast days do get easier as well, and the best benefit to me is that gradually you just naturally start eating less on your TDEE days and making healthier food choices becomes ingrained.

Good luck to you all, you can do it!!

Hi everyone, I have just started as well. On my second fast day today actually. I’m hoping to start off with 4 weeks of 4:3 just to give my system a kick up the backside (exactly what it needs). The revert to 5:2. I have about 30lbs to loose so am giving myself 6 months – slim for Christmas is the goal.
    ShellyT – how are you getting on? I find my self control and motivation can fluctuate so much. Sometimes I feel so strong other times I just could eat and eat and eat – my problem to date!
    DJ – well done – amazing result. How long did it take you to reach your goal?
    Anyone else have anymore updates?

Good morning everyone, second week in and ive have been reading more information about this diet. I’ve experienced a great deal of negativity about this being a ‘fad diet’ which you can’t keep to long term.
    So I thought I’d try to read evidence of it working, based on ‘real science’ Decided to try 4:3 to see if I can jump start my body and get into a more habit forming routine. It’s just an experiment at the moment.
    It seems a lot of evidence proves its difficult but not impossible to keep to any new diet plan and routine is key. I’ve seen my inches reduce which is more encouraging than the lbs reduce. How is everyone else doing? Hope you’re all getting some good results and help along the way x

Hi No More P,

Re: negativity and this being a fad diet.

I started 5:2 in January 2014 at 72.4kg. By mid April 2014 I was 63kg (my goal). I then lost a further 3kg while working out how to stop losing and start maintaining.

I am currently (more than a year on) still maintaining my weight between 59-60kg.

I don’t eat a lot of bread/rice/pasta/cake anymore (my food preferences have altered since I started 5:2), and I now naturally eat smaller portions than I did. I fast occasionally (not always as frequent as 6:1) when my weight creeps up by a kg or two.

This works as long as you embrace fasting as a way of life, and don’t just do it to lose weight and then revert to the eating habits that got you overweight to begin with.

Good luck all!

Hi all!, I’ve been doing i now for about 7 weeks.Have lost just over 16 lb. I fast for 48 hours (with drinks).

Eating much more less in general, and feel fuller quicker. I walk about 4 miles a day (brisk walking and hilly) on fast days I seem to have more energy and complete the walk in the fastest time. I didn’t expect this, but love it.

I don’t seem to crave sweet things the same and don’t need the family to lock the biscuits away. I do still eat them, but nothing in comparison.

I really enjoy it. I gave myself a goal of 1 and half stone to loose by the 6th August. I’m now four and half pounds away from goal with 3 weeks left.

Fingers crossed!

The best thing I have bought to help me on this diet was The 5.2 book and read it from cover to cover in one day (good to keep dipping into) and a SPIRILIZER! I’m in love with courgetti instead of pasta.

I have IBS and have hardly had any symptoms since starting the plan.

Good luck everyone and enjoy xxx

Well done HappyNow.

Okay it’s day 1 for me too. My husband is off to Japan for a Karate tournament and he has been training for 18 months to get back in shape to do it. The transformation for him was great. He started out running and walking around the block. Now he runs 8kms through the Waitakare Ranges every Sunday morning. He did the 30 day Ab challange and just kept going. Went back to Karate….I have watched and well, it’s time for me now. He goes on Monday to Japan and is away for 2 weeks and I want to use the time get into the right habits for me to keep going when he gets back. I did the 2/5 diet 2 years ago and did water walking on my fasting days it worked really well. I thought I’d do the 30 day ab challenge too. It couldn’t hurt…….well not much anyway. Hehe

Sharwood-
    Good luck! Can I ask why, if you have done the 5:2 2 years ago, did you stop. Are yuo starting again because of weight gain?

Lots of people say once you stop it the weight comes back, so I’m just curious.

Th 30 day AB challenge sounds interesting I’ve never heard of it, I shall have to google it. Is there an app?

Thank you.

Hello! I’m new, too. I had my first fast day Monday and today is the second. I have no problems and hardly think about it until five o’clock or so and then it hits me hard!!! Monday I had egg for brunch, a little fruit in the afternoon and egg again for supper and the evening almost killed me. So today I’m saving most of my calories for dinner and even a little tiny evening snack. I hope that works. It’s dinner time now and I feel a little woozie! Hope it gets easier. I like the idea and feel I could stick to it.

Are there support groups on here? Buddies? Same heights, etc?

Good to meet everyone and I wish everyone the best of luck. The success stories are encouraging.

Hi Make IT – You know the usual, you stop doing something that’s working and it stops working. Definitely gained weight. My job has become more sedentary not as much walking and it just crept up on me. I started getting sick again so…… time to make a change.

If you google the 30 day ab challenge you will find it. Stella 🙂

Hi Sharwood – Yes I know the feeling, it takes no time at all to put weight on, if only it came off as fast! Good luck with the plan, keep us updated. x

Hi Carolinacatz – it gets easier honestly. I find it best to tell people what you are doing too and then they don’t try offer you food all the time. Good luck with it, keep us updated. x

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply.