Minimum Age?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  felixS 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• throughout the year I’ve been eating a little healthier, working out more and just being more and more aware (went from 78kg to 70) but one aspect of the benefits of the 5:2 diet leaves me wondering:

Am I too young? Am I stupid for thinking the sooner you slow cell reproduction the longer they can reproduce? I’m 18, male and 182cm and I know I wont stop growing until around 25. Will this do more bad than good?

Hi felix,

The minimum age for 5:2 IF, according to Dr. Michael Mosley is 18. As I mentioned in another thread where you asked this same question, you can find that info in the FAQ section of this website.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/michael-answers-frequently-asked-questions/

That said, how tall are you and have you checked your BMI that you wouldn’t be moving into an underweight category with the weight you’d lose with 5:2.

If you are concerned about further growth, you could always wait until you are 25 to start 5:2. I started when I was 59! Starting at 25 would still put you far ahead of most of us!

70kg, 182cm, (155pounds, 5″11) so my BMI is 21.1 which may not seem like much but I have a lot of abdominal fat so weightloss is just part of the plan really.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.