Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

This topic contains 5,051 replies, has 218 voices, and was last updated by  vendor 3 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,751 through 4,800 (of 5,077 total)

• Yikes! Sorry for all the typos while typing on my phone! Always hard for me!

Hi Sherry & Everyone!

Sherry…I’m sure it’s a bit hectic having extra kids along, but nice for them to have someone to hang out with instead of fighting with their siblings! πŸ˜‰ Glad to hear that your cleanse went well and I’m sure you’ll be back to your maintenance weight in no time. A month in Hawaii…..how divine.

My march down the scale has come to a screeching halt. Maybe I’ve hit the magic number for my body. I would still like another 5 or 10 lbs off, but maybe it’s not to be. I’ll still keep plugging along. It’s been very hot & humid here, and I know that effects body weight.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend.

🌴🌺

Lost 3lb this week. Yay

Hi, ladies!

My peeps got back about ten days ago so I’m now trying to get back in a sustainable pattern with them around. This week is different because my daughter is at music camp so it’s just my husband and I, but we like to do things like go to restaurants she doesn’t like, etc…..

Lori, congrats on the normal zone!!!! I find the 16:8 is very sustainable for me and allows me to at least not gain weight. I’m still trying to do 5:2 because I have about 13 pounds to “normal”…..that is my primary goal. I’d love to lose 20 and think I’d feel a lot better if I could.

Welcome back to Milena and congrats on the anniversary trip!

Welcome to the new people. I am not a model 5:2 person but I have to echo the idea that this is the only thing that has come close to working long term for me AT ALL. It is sustainable and it is great to lose even painfully slowly rather than inch upward more and more each year.

Better run. Good fast days to everyone fasting!!!

PS…Congrats, Molly!!!! I am green with jealousy!!!!

Hello ladies, i have been away for over 3 weeks in France and Italy visiting family and friends. Great food,cheese galore, wines, apero, spritzer…you name it, we had it. Heavenly..

But i managed to contain my weight to just a small 1.5 kg gain, my blood sugar was busted but got it back under control. Got back to work yesterday just to be told that due to budget cuts and restructuring, my job was eliminated! What a welcome back indeed! So its back to the job market for me.

Anyway, thanks to yesterday’s shocking news, i lost my appetite and here are my results.

Weight 65.4 kg (same as before i went on holiday πŸ™‚
    Waist 88 cm
    Hips 100 cm

I am back on track!
    Esther

Hi girls!

Been busy, busy here in Hawaii running these kids around to keep them busy… Pool, beach, paddle boarding, volunteering, zoo, aquarium, mall, polo, horseback riding, hiking, etc.! Whew! My vacations ar kinda exhausting I’m finding! Still, I’m in paradise so can’t complain too much! πŸ˜‰πŸŒ΄

1 week post cleanse, I’m finding my eating is getting a bit haphazard lately πŸ˜–. I think next week sometime I’m going to do another 3-4 day cleanse before the polo fundraiser we’re putting on to benefit the Parkinson’s Association here in Hawaii a week from this Sunday.

Good job Esther keeping it together so well while on vacation!

Elizabeth, hope you’re able to eat well with the family back in town!

Hello to all you other ladies! We’re off to the Hilton Hawaiian Viilage pool so the kids can play on the pool slides. We have friends in town this week who are staying there. It’s just a quick 10 minute walk from where we live.

Aloha!

Sherry

Hi Sherryann,
    This is my first ever post anywhere!
    Your trip sounds amazing. I’ve just started on the “Fast Beach” diet. Not that I’m planning on going to the beach. Hehe! Just need to lose some weight and feel a bit healthier. You have to be in the right frame of mind to start a healthy diet, unfortunately it’s taken me adding about 20kgs to get to that right frame of mind. I’m an above knee amputee and got my last new prosthesis due to growing larger. Don’t want to have to upgrade again. Got to a point recently when I could only walk a few steps before my muscles in the socket cramped due to it being soooo tight. I guess it’s a good wake up call. At the moment I’m doing alternate day fasts (I find it easier to only have herbal tea and water on fast days). I’ve found I need to be a bit more careful with my calorie intake on non fast days too. It seems to take sooo much longer to lose weight now in my 50’s than it did some time ago. It would be nice to have a more instant result, not planning on getting on the scales very often as it can be too discouraging when it’s not happening quick enough. I alsodon’t know where the scales are since we’ve moved to another farm back in February.
    Do you know if it’s considered ok to have nothing to eat on a fast day or if the diet works best eating limited calories?
    Jillsie

Aloha ladies!

Still hanging out here in Hawaii. πŸŒ΄πŸ„We have about a week and a half left till we head home. Where are you all? Getting so quiet here again!

Jillsie, hi & welcome! Yes , it’s definitely more challenging in our fifties. For a lot of us, it’s a slow go on the weight loss, but it does inch along if you keep at it! Think you’re smart to combine a lower carb eating plan with the fasting. That’s what I and a few others on this site do. Seems to help keep you in line on non-fast days. I fast twice a week and do a 4 day bone broth/protein/veggie/berrry cleanse once a month also.

In the few weeks since my last cleanse, I’d gotten very haphazard with my eating, and as a result, needed to do another cleanse to get my head/body straight again! πŸ˜– Today is my last day but we have to go out to eat so I’m thinking of doing another day tomorrow. We have a lot of friends here that we like to go out to eat with plus many events, and just being out and about where it’s more convenient to eat out. Definitely makes it tough to stay on a healthy eating plan! Even though I’m not looking forward to going home, I am looking forward to a more normalized eating routine.

This Sunday we are sponsoring a fundraiser for the Oahu Parkinson’s Associationt the polo club where we are also a sponsor. Should be fun, but also lots of food temptations from a variety of upscale food trucks ( out here polo is more casual than most other places, hence the food trucks! πŸ˜‰)

Well, that’s all I’ve got for now! Off to take the kids to a movie and then to dinner. Have a Wonderful weekend everyone and hope more of you pop in to say hi & let us know what’s going on! Speaking of which, Esther, where’s the Friday report? ☺️

Sherry

Hi to all of you including the newbies.
    Well we are still away on our camping holiday. I am sitting here under the awning on our campertrailer trying to find some shade. If I watch the ocean carefully you can occasionally see a humpback whale breeching, its migrating season. We are in a campsite in Queensland above the town of Agnes Waters. The sun is shining and it’s hot !! My husband has gone off for a day of fishing on a charter boat, so hoping for some fresh fish for dinner tonight.
    Diet has been thrown out the window for the past week, we had a week with friends being tourists and eating out every meal except breakfast. Not easy to eat healthy let me tell you lol. Had a fast day yesterday, my first in over a week. Hoping I haven’t done too much damage.
    Hah!!! a group of kangaroos just hopped through my campsite giving me a heart attack !! Where was I, oh yes the diet. Will try and get back on track, may need to do a cleanse like Sherry to reboot when I get home.
    Hope you are all well and keeping on track,
    Remember girls just keep swimming
    Love Tilly xx

Hello all!

I still pop in from time to time, but don’t usually post. I have actually dropped 1 pound below my goal weight, so I am very happy.

We leave this morning for the beach for a week with our kids & grandkids. Should be a fun time, but a long drive. We’re going to North Carolina. After that I’m going to New York City for a long weekend to meet up with a bunch of girlfriends from all over the world. The next couple weeks are going to be a blur.

Hope you are all well. Sherry…..hope you’re having a good time in Hawaii!

Good morning!

Believe it or not I’m starting to run out of new things to do (at least things to do not too far away) with these kids here in Hawaii to keep them busy. I’m out of sorts the last few days with (ahem) digestive issues so going to beaches with those typically not great bathrooms isn’t ideal! Thinking of dropping the boys off to see that new emoji movie & taking the girls to the mall ( where there are many clean bathrooms πŸ˜‰).

Our polo fundraiser for the Parkinson’s Association went well- definitely some things need to be improved/tweaked if we do it again. The kids had fun petting the horses that they’d taken on a beach trail ride earlier that week & running around on the beach on the other side of the polo fields.

We went to dinner last night with the couple who own the polo club (& 100 acres of beach front property & many polo ponies)-just the nicest, most down to earth, unpretentious people you’d ever meet. Dinner was really nice- one of those places where everyone shares small plates of various things so you get a sample
    of a lot of different foods and oh that haiupia coconut cream pie! πŸ˜‹

Tilly, how funny! I completely got a visual of you typing away and kangaroos jumping into the campsite! Where is a kangaroo emoji when I need it?! πŸ˜‰ Can’t they be dangerous sometimes? I know what you mean about the crazy eating while on vacation! It’s so hard!

Yay for you Lori! Have a great vacation!

Hi to everyone else!

Sherry

Hi everyone,
    Have been going ok so far with the fasting routine. Sounds like you all lead very interesting lives full of travel! We live on a farm about 80km from the southern coast of Western Australia, which I absolutely love. Our kids aged 12 & almost 14 are going to school for the first time ever this year and both are enjoying it. It is very cold and wet here at the moment. We have to drive through a creek on the farm each day to get to the school bus stop, a bit tricky when the creek gets a bit high. The cows are calving now and it’s beautiful to see the babies each day as we go up the track.
    Fast day again today, doing some cooking for guests tonight which will be nice.
    Enjoy whatever you are doing & take care. Jill

Hi all, been silent but I get your posts. I consider any weight loss to be good, even if it’s small. I have been maintaining the same weight for a while now, I totally know it’s bc I am eating too much on my non fast days. Have had a lot of social stuff that involves eating and drinking, and other than yoga twice a week, not much exercise. I sit at my job but some days can also be up and down many times, and I try to sometimes work standing up.
    Jillsie – did you home school previously? Is that because the school for your kids was far?
    Lori – I hope you enjoy your trip and congrats on being below your goal!! That’s amazing!!!
    Sherry, you do travel in interesting circles!! I love watching polo, but only get to do that on TV. Your trip sounds lovely, but after a while it can be hard to keep the kids entertained. My son has camp 3 weeks this summer – engineering science camp at the University I work at. He’s been going every summer since grade 1 and he just graduated grade 8. He will apply to be a volunteer for next summer and they also hire high schoolers as leaders, too.
    Long weekend for us – kind of a made up holiday, and not a statutory one, it’s more “we need a long weekend in August” – so looking forward to the sleeping in and more relaxed pace.
    Did well on my FDs this week, but no weight loss…..hope everyone is doing well!!
    Sue

Hi ladies,

I know I missed 2 reports, have been on vacation in Bali. It was great, real vacation this time, chilling, eating, drinking, lazing on the beach, getting beach massages etc. No scale in sight…but I have to say that I managed to stay on the same weight as when I left. I was so happy to see that and am now on my way back to keeping the 5:2 plan alive.

Will report on my next set of measurements this Friday. Have a great week ahead.

esther

Hello, ladies!

Welcome, Jillsie!!! Good for you for starting. Keep it up!!!! I have a 21 year old and a 13 year old, so my younger one is between yours.

Esthi, congrats on maintaining!!

Lori, where in NC are you going? That is our state. We are going to spend a few days at the Charleston SC beaches for our last summer fling.

Tilly, I cannot imagine kangaroos hopping through the campsite, although we can have bear!

SherryAnn, glad the fundraiser went well!!!

I’m trying to make a little progress before a doc. appt so I’ll be hopping on a little more, I hope!!!

Good luck, everyone!!!!!

Hi ladies,
    Been doing 4:3 for the past 3 weeks, haven’t been on the scales but clothes are starting to fit a bit better and I’m able to walk well. Struggle with probably eating the wrong things on non fast days, guess being a bit better organised may help.
    Sue, in answer to your question, yes we have home schooled and done government provided distance education in the past.
    We will be attending a funeral on Friday for our friends 19 year old daughter who was crushed by a bull recently. Extremely sad. Would appreciate prayer for her family.
    Jill

Just a quick pop in.

Jill…..so sad about your friends daughter. A horrible thing.

Carolina…we were in Corolla-Outer Banks. Had a very nice week. Now I’m off to New York City for a long weekend with girl friends.

Sticking to my high fat, low carb plan and doing 16:8 fasting as often as I can.

Hope you are all doing well.

Hello…

I had a big challenge yesterday as we were hosting a Korean family for business and went out to eat at a very popular brewery and they kept bringing on the food! I’m trying to make up for it today but it’s so hard with my daughter home. She gets snacks out and leaves them on the counter. I haven’t walked today either as I went into the office. No excuse–I need to shape up!!!

Jill, so sorry about the 19 yo. I cannot even imagine.

Lori, glad you enjoyed the Outer Banks. I’ve only been once! It is a long way from here so we usually go to SC beaches instead.

I will try to be good the rest of the evening!!!

So far so good today. We are going to the beach tomorrow so I’m trying to encourage myself to stick with the plan. I think the prospect of weighing in at the doctor office will help!!!!

Ok here’s this weeks update. After returning from 3 weeks in Europe with almost the same weight as i left, i had a good week of catching up. Then we left for another week in Bali which was filled with lots of carbs – rice, noodles, but lots of vegetables as well, plus wines and beers.

Been back a week now, I dipped below 65 a few days, going down to 64.6 kg on one day. Fast day today, let’s see what tomorrow brings. Meanwhile, here are today’s stats.

Weight 65 kg
    Waist 88 cm
    Hips 98 cm

Happy weekend all.

Esther

Hi Esther,
    Well done on maintaining weight. Have you been doing fast days for very long?
    I had a not very good eating day yesterday, our family headed over to Esperance (a very beautiful place on the south coast of Western Australia with fantastic beaches about a 4 hour drive from where we live )yesterday for the funeral of our dear friends daughter. It has been quite rainy and cold here recently but yesterday it was a glorious sunny day. The funeral went well and was a real celebration of Ali’s life. We learnt what she had been passionate about and that she packed an awful lot into her short life and she died doing what she loved.
    Back on track with a fast day today!
    Jill

Jill, sorry to hear about your friends daughter. Its sad especially when it someone young but great that she had a full life. Hope your fast day went well.

I started 5:2 in end April this year, on average i do two fast days per week, i have on occasion done 3 as well. During vacation, fast days didn’t happen but i tried to eat reasonably.

Also quite often i do semi fasts with 16 hour stretches by skipping breakfast, i find it easier to do this on gym days when i just drink lots of water and tea.

Esther

Hi again Esther
    I’ve only stared in the past maybe 5 weeks. Still not game to get on the scales yet. Been tracking food eaten on MyFitnessPal app, keeps me somewhat in line. Saw a programme the other night in which they were very critical as to how accurate calorie measurement actually was so I guess that is something to be aware of too. Have never been to Bali but lots of people from here travel there regularly. Have my sister & brother in law and nephew coming to stay in the unit on the farm tonight so will have to head down to clean and set up for them. Love to have people come to stay.
    Jill

Hello ladies sorry for not writing before . Well I did my first 4 weeks of 5:2 and lost nearly 4 kg I was super
    Excited them got sick with a cold and couldn’t do it for 3 weeks , so annoy about it but back this week as I think I put some back on ( too upset to weight myself yet) I also lost 0.5 cm of my neck
    3cm from my waist, 4cm from my breast, 2cm from my hips. Did I go too far? I was so happy so I will keep going.
    Esthi great to go on holidays and not put weight on , I always do , well done.
    I feel everyone is on holidays , we had a very cold winter where I live in Australia but getting sunnier .
    When to the gift fair in Melbourne last week for a few days to buy for my store and it was very cold also there but I enjoy the city now and again.
    Jillsie sorry about your friends daugter so very sad , such a young life.
    I will write again as soon as I loose some weight as my life at the moment is not very exciting.
    Happy fasting to all
    Isabel

Hello girls! Back from a summer of nonstop vacationing finally! Looking forward to eating in a more disciplined manner without as many food distractions! Trying to get used to the 3 hour time change, and I have to do that quickly as the kids’ school starts back mid next week! Again, so proud of those of you who were able to keep the weight off while vacationing. I kept rollercoastering (if that’s even a word!) up and down during my trips. Now for a little more downward motion! πŸ˜‰

Jill, life on your farm sounds wonderfully serene/peaceful! I’d love to see it! So glad your clothing is getting looser! I too am saddened by the young friend’s passing! I’ll definitely keep the family in my prayers! I’m happy the had a nice celebration of her life.

Lori, hope your girls weekend is going well in NYC! I’ve always said it would be wonderful to get a group of ladies from this site to meet together somewhere, but alas, we are all quite spread out across the map!

Elizabeth, I know it’s hard to eat well with company and also your daughter leaving snacks out! My husband does that with the tortilla chips. I don’t even think about them until he leaves the darn things on the counter! I guess all we can do is keep gently reminding our family members to save us by putting things away out of sight! πŸ˜‰ When do you go to the doc?

Esther, congrats on seeing that new lower number. It will “solidify” there soon if you’ve gotten a glimpse of it! That’s what happens with me.

Isabel, hope you’re back on track. Being sick and not being able to eat your best is frustrating! Keep in touch with us whether life is exciting or not! It helps, really! What type of shop do you own? A gift shop?

Time to figure out something to make for dinner and then I think the hubby and I will take an evening walk when things cool down around here. We’ve had super hot, humid weather lately. We’ve been getting the “monsoon” weather creeping west toward us in Southern California from Arizona.

Toodles!

Sherry

Thanks Sherry, i weighed in at 64.5kg today. Wohoo…especially since it was not even a fast day yesterday. I am especially pleased when i drop on non fast days.

Jill,Whereabouts is your farm? Do you host farmstays? Would love to take the kids to a farm stay one day. They are too much city kids in my opinion, growing up in a city of 28 million people like Shanghai does that to you.

Lori,What is a 16:8 plan? Is it fasting for 16 hours and eat within 8? How often do you do that.

Isabel, good job with your first 4 weeks. Its really encouraging when you see the numbers drop, mind you it will slow down a bit once the water goes off. But keep it up.

Esther

Esther , yes I know it will slow down from now on but I will be happy just to slowly weight less and less.
    Sherry I have a lovely shop I sell antiques, homewares, gifts, jewellery and lots of deferents things ,I open the shop 17 years ago and still love it but it has been very hard since my dear husband pass away as he was a great help and a wonderful person but life goes on and I have to keep going.
    Day of tomorrow that is may normal fast day but driving an hour to see a friend so will do it on Tuesday as we always have lunch out and Italian cakes bad ah but I will enjoy the day .
    Talk to all soon .
    Happy fasting🌸

Sorry ladies can you guess that English is my second language????
    Isabel

Hi everyone,
    Great to read all the encouraging & positive posts. Esther, in answer to your question we haven’t done farmstays as such. When we moved here in February if this year there was an overlap of time when the school year started and the previous owner moved out so we bought a two bedroom transportable accommodation unit to stay in for the overlapping three weeks. It is not very big or luxurious but is self contained, comfortable and is set up to sleep 8. We thought we could bless families who sometimes would like a holiday but can’t really afford too much and also provide a place to stay for people working short term in our area. We are located approximately 90km from the south coast of West Australia, 22km from the nearest small town and about 170km from the larger coastal town of Albany.
    Have probably over eaten well today! Fast again tomorrow! Not usually accident prone but managed to trip yesterday when I went to put some wood on our heater. Landed my forearm on the hot plate and did quite a good job of burning my arm. Not sure where my husband was (somewhere on the farm) so I drove to town to the nursing post and had a Telehealth consultation with a doctor in Perth. Very thankful for this service and praise God that the burn wasn’t worse. Have to see a doctor tomorrow for dressing change & check.
    Beautiful sunny but cool day here today
    Take care & happy fasting.
    Jill

Hi all, finallly back home after traveling 7200kms. Nice to be home, but much prefer the warmer weather in Queensland haha
    Loved reading all the posts when we had internet, unfortunately that wasn’t often. Mobile phone signal is poor in a lot of remote areas of Australia.
    Nice to be home though and try and return to some discipline in my eating. I braved the scales the day after I got home and had put on 1.5kgs. Now I have to lose it. Tomorrow I start again after my nephews birthday celebrations this afternoon. Fast day tomorrow and Wednesday and Friday. I think I need a jump start again!!
    Jill we visited Albany and that south west area about 8years ago. Lovely part of our country. Are you east of Albany or west ? So sad to hear of your friends daughters death. I pray they are comforted through this difficult time. Definitely praise God that your burn wasn’t worse, hope it heals quickly and you are not in too much pain. The challlenges of living in a remote area.
    Isabel your shop sounds delightful, just the sort I love to wander around in. Your written English is very good, I’m not sure if I missed it but what is your first language ?
    Esther you are doing great, keep up the good work. You have inspired me to keep at it.
    Love Tilly xx

Hi again ,
    Tilly what state are you from? I was originally from a small place in NSW, our family left there in about 1967…long time ago. Would like to do a road trip east to see it some time haven’t been over there for many years now.
    In answer to your question, we are east of Albany, closest town is Jerramungup and closest coastal town is Bremer Bay. Most farms nearby are cropping and sheep, we however just have beef cattle as that’s what my husband loves doing, not really a common tourist destination here but a lovely spot. Bremer is a small town and beaches are beautiful. Anyway
    must get on with my day. Fasting. Tilly, you haven’t done too badly with weight on your camping trip, could have been much worse. While I think of it, Esther, I can’t imagine what it’s like living in a city with 28 million people. I think our little town has about 300 at the most.

Hi Jill, We live on the eastern edge of Melbourne. We were farmers growing daffodils and jonquils up until 10 years ago. We were the second largest grower in the Southern Hemisphere but the market changed and we needed to expand so we began that process of selling where we were and moving further out then the market collapsed. Fortunately we hadn’t completed the move other than subdividing our farm. So my husband, after four generations closed the business down and redirected his work life training as a family therapist. He had been doing counseling in small groups for quite a few years through our church and loved it so it has been a good fit.
    We are heading to you state next year, with a trip to the Kimberley with some friends.
    Hope the burns are feeling better.
    Love Tilly x

Esther, so GREAT to see the numbers continuing to go down! πŸ™‚

Isabel, sounds like you have a great shop! I love to browse/shop at places like that…how fun! Italian cakes? What type? Tiramisu, icebox cake? I’m of Italian heritage and love every food Italian!

Jill, Yikes! That burn does not sound good! Poor girl! Hope it heals up quickly for you! Do you have aloe vera plants where you are? The gel from the inner leaf is very healing for burns.

Hey Tilly, you share my long vacation, not-so-good eating issue! Yes, I need a jump start too. Will probably do my monthly 4 day cleanse sometime next week when the kids are back in school and I have more time to make the bone broth, etc.

My eating was “meh” yesterday, but better today thank goodness!

Time to eat dinner and then go for our evening walk.

Sherry

Tilly, Isabel and Jill,

I love Australia, used to spend 2 weeks every year in Melbourne and Sydney many years ago. Have not been back for a while, hoping to bring family there in the coming years. Its one of my places to retire to.

My parents and sisters just came back from a week in and around Perth, they had a ball. I have not been on the eastern coast as yet, that’s another one on the bucket list.

esther

Hi all,

Sherry, you’ll be glad to get things back to normal with the kids in school and vacationing over! It’s fun to read these posts and the different lives we all have! Jill your farm sounds lovely, but the whole of Australia sounds lovely to me! I am in a mid-sized city, Waterloo, in Ontario, Canada. I work at the University where the Blackberry company was founded if any of you have a blackberry smart phone?
    Congrats to all who are seeing the scales go down – i have been “stuck” at the same weight for a while, but it’s bc I am eating too much on non-fast days. Today is my 2nd of the week so hoping to see a shift tomorrow morning. Elizabeth, we often have snack foods in our house, fortunately sugary stuff doesn’t tempt me, BUT snacks like chips and popcorn DO; mostly husband is a sugar fiend or he buys jalepeno chips, which I DON’T like lol.
    Esther hope things are progressing downwards!
    Isabel, your shop sounds lovely, and you seem proud and happy to have it, but I can imagine it’s harder without your dear husband there with you.
    Caroline, hope you enjoyed your girls’ weekend! I am nagging my friend to get away even overnight – my son is 14 and my husband works nights, and her daughters are younger so harder for her to get away combined with her business. We haven’t been away alone together since we both got married!
    I went for two hikes in the woods last week – had given them up once I started this FT job almost 2 years ago, but boy I miss nature! I plan to do the same this weekend. Tons of bugs, but I just spray myself down and off I go!
    Anyone planning to don their eclipse glasses and head outside on August 21st?
    Enjoy your day!
    Sue

Hi all,

So sad to see the terrible terrorist attack in Barcelona today! Praying for all those involved & their families. I was personally right on that street, Las Ramblas just one year ago with my teen daughter. Such a beautiful area & the people there are just lovely!

Still plugging away here trying to eat healthy but not really fasting lately-I’ll get there as we get into more of a routine with school starting this week. Wish me luck

Sue I do t think we’re going to see much of the eclipse here in So. Cal- maybe partial?
    I know what you mean about getting away with friends- so hard these days with family commitments, work, etc. I’d love to do some girlfriend get aways!

I’d love to see Australia someday too! It’s on my husband & my bucket list. It’s not as bad if we start from Hawaii since we’re there a lot rather than the Mainland U. S.

Have good one ladies! Best of luck with your fasts! 😘

Sherry

Morning ladies, sad news about whats happening in Spain. A reminder of a similar incident in Nice on the Promenade des Anglais one year ago.

Today’s report:
    Weight 63.9 kg.

Wohooo….down past the 64kg mark. I have lost 6.1 kg since i started the plan on 28 April. πŸ™‚

Esther

Woohoo indeed, well done Esther πŸ‘Œ I have managed to pull 1kg of my holiday increase off this week, so happy with that. Another 1/2kg to be be back where I was. Then downward further I hope 🀞Put in three fast days this past week and relatively good non fast days.
    So very sad about Spain, two in one day πŸ˜₯
    Sherry Ann we are hoping to visit the States in 2019, we have a longstanding invite from my husbands brother to visit he and his family in Portland Oregon. They came here regularly to visit mum and dad mainly as they are getting on in years. So we owe them a visit !! πŸ˜‰
    Love to all
    Tilly xx

Great job Esther & Tilly! You’re inspiring me to get back on track next week! Too much craziness/parties, etc. this week to even try to begin! I am feeling the effects and am really anxious to get going on fasting regularly again!

Tilly, maybe you can extend your trip to the U.S. western Pacific coast and head south for a visit where I live near San Diego? It would, as I’ve mentioned, be so nice to meet some of you in person some day! Oh, and it’s a beautiful drive down the Pacific Coast!

Well, we started meeting with an architect & builder today about remodeling our home-mainly expanding/updating the kitchen, updating the bathrooms, popping out our living room to make a game room space, updating the house’s exterior, and creating an outdoor entertainment space. The bones of our house are good but our home was built in the early 90’s and is sorely in need of an update! Hopefully we can survive during the remodel! We’ll still be living here during and I heard that can be brutal! πŸ˜– ‘My hope is to create some spaces with the game room & outdoor entertainment areas that better allow our kids to gang out here with their friends rather than go places where you do t know what they’re up to!πŸ˜‰ The builder thinks he can get it done by Christmas ( I know they all promise the moon so we’ll see!) which would be optimal since we always host our large extended family for Christmas Eve.

Well, have a great weekend ladies!

Sherry

Btw, that would be have our kids “hang” out here, not gang! πŸ˜‚ Though sometimes it feels like a gang here! πŸ˜‰

Hi All!

Sherry….the house remodel sounds awesome, but I’m sure it will be VERY challenging to live around. It will be worth it in the end!

Sorry I haven’t been following along here too well. I have had a busy month of August. It started with a week at the beach in the Outer Banks of North Carolina with our kids & grandkids. It was a houseful! We had a nice time. Once home from there, I was here for 3 days and then off to New York City to meet up with 10 girlfriends from around the world. We rented a house in Brooklyn and took the subway into Manhattan each day. I got home from that last Monday. This week has been spent trying to get back into a routine of sorts. 3 of our grandsons have been with us since Wednesday to hang out and go to some Little League World Series games with their Pappy(my husband). It’s been a hectic time.

Tomorrow I’m finally going to get back to the golf course and see if I remember how to play! It has been a long time since I’ve played much at all.

Doing fine with my weight. Still doing low carb, high fat with some intermittent fasting thrown in when it fits my schedule. I’m about 2 lbs up from the lowest weight I saw on the scale a few weeks ago. Not bad for all the vacations(and ice cream!). The most I would want to lose would be 10 lbs and everyone I mention it to freaks out and says I shouldn’t lose anymore. I think I’ll let my body decide where it’s happy.

Hope you are all doing well & loving the eating plan you’re doing. In the end, our way of eating has to fit our life. Trying to fit your life around your eating plan will usually lead to heartache. Hugs to you all.

Hi all, Esther and Tilly, you guys are inspiring me too! I am still stable after two strict fast days this week, so trying to be grateful I haven’t gained. Had a tough yoga class last night and hoping to get out for hikes in the woods both Saturday and Sunday.

Sherry your remodel sounds great! Of course it will be disruptive while it is happening, but seems like you’ll enjoy the space you have so much more. Especially if your kids are getting older. We will only see a partial eclipse here as well, but it’s the last one for a while, so I’ll be taking it in by slipping out of work and standing outside.

Lori, I’ve stayed at the Outer Banks, had a friend who was living near Kill Devil Hills many years ago, just across the street from the beach. Had a great time! I live in Canada but was born and lived in the US until I was 5. We still kept in touch with previous neighbours and friends bc my Mom would drive us all down there in the summers to visit. Your New York trip sounds fun, too! Did you rent the house through airbnb? I know many who have traveled that way with excellent results.

I am enjoying the last of the summer – it’s been a good one with lots of bbqs and going away and some time off where I just hung out with my son. It’s the time in between end of last term and start of school in September at the University where I work, so it’s a ghost town! Boss is off, so I am getting lots done, though, in between coming on here and surfing the net lol.

Enjoy your weekends!

Hey, ladies!

Wow–everyone seems to be doing great!!! Congrats, Esther and Tilly!

Lori, I did three days of low carb, high fat diet with modified fasting and it worked pretty well, but I’m not sure I could do it all the time. Do you take breaks from it?

SherryAnn, I hope you do better not falling off the rails during your remodel than I did! I went into survival mode and got in a lot of unhealthy habits. I was teaching a class then, too, and that didn’t help.

Sue, enjoy your last days of summer!

Jill, how is your burn??

Isabel, I think you’re doing great with English. I would love to be bilingual!!!

We had a lovely long weekend at one of the beaches near Charleston. I did fairly well with eating, I think. Since we got back I did the low carb diet plus modified fasting. I would like to try that more. I met my very modest goal at the doctor today so that was encouraging. I’ll try to log on more to keep the mo going!!!!

Hi everyone,
    Well done Esther & Tilly!
    Sherryann, your house remodelling sounds great, but a huge job. I think it’s good to provide space for kids at home too, especially as then you know where they are and have at least some idea of what they are doing. Have had a busy few days, my eldest daughter has just turned 30 and I organised a birthday celebration dinner for her for roughly 60 people. She (and her family)live about 450km from here so it’s a fairly big drive. Our youngest daughter aged 12 went on the trip with me and my husband and son stayed back and worked on the farm. It was a very long drive home as I was extremely tired and had to stop and have quite a lot of short naps along the way. My burn has been quite painful, I ended up seeing a doc while I was away to get a script for some stronger pain relief as the pain was keeping me awake at night. Will head in to the nursing post tomorrow for a dressing change. Fasting hasn’t happened properly while away from home, tomorrow is another day.

Good Saturday morning all!

Just returned from my morning walk with the hubby and decided I can’t stand it anymore, I’m starting my 4 day cleanse today and not late next week as I’d planned (we have a dinner out with a business associate on Wednesday so I’d originally figured I’d start the day after). You know how sometimes you just get to that point of “enough is enough”? Well, I’d just had it with my haphazard eating the last week or so. I have a great newphew’s 3rd birthday party this afternoon too, but oh well, I can survive 3 hours without eating party food! With my large extended family there’s always something going on so you can’t wait for the “right” moment to start eating better!

Hey Lori, welcome back! Glad to hear the vacations went well and, yes, 2 lbs is not a lot considering! Good luck getting back on the golf course! Hard to believe it’s already been almost a year since you retired! Geez time flies!

Sue, good job maintaining despite all the BBQ’s, etc.! You all seem to be so much better than me at handling all the food temptations when you have vacations, parties, etc. Any hints you can all give me would be most welcome! πŸ˜‰

Elizabeth, great job meeting your weight goal at the doc visit and not going off the rails while on vacation! Yes, I think of your crazy kitchen remodel when I’m contemplating ours and wonder how I’m going to do it! My builder is Italian, like me, and knows how important my ability to keep cooking is so he’s promised to create a temporary functioning kitchen somehow for me.

Jill, happy belated birthday to your eldest! Wow, that is a long drive for you! I’m sure she appreciated all the time and work you put into the party and getting there! I’m hoping you get some relief from that burn soon. It sounds just awful! πŸ™

Ok, off to put some chicken carcasses I had previously frozen into my two pressure cookers (one is one of those new Instant Pots- do any of you have one? I just love it! Can saute, slow cook or pressure cook in the same pot as well as make your own yogurt- which I’ve yet to try-Makes life so much easier!). I like to make two big pots of chicken bone broth at a time and freeze whatever I don’t eat on the 4 day cleanse. Unbelievable how much better it is than the store bought stuff!

Cheers!

Sherry

Hey! Where is everyone? I’m missing you all! πŸ™

I just finished day 4 of the cleanse today and am feeling a hundred times better! Tomorrow night is dinner out with a business associate as I mentioned, but I googled the restaurant and found some healthy options on the menu so I’m feeling confident I can do well with my eating there.

Today was my first day back with my regular pilates instructor since the end of May. I did do some pilates while in Hawaii with another instructor I go to while there but she isn’t classically trained so it’s different. I’m hoping my body does Ok and I have no pain tomorrow!

Well, it’s getting late here so time for shower and bed! Hope some of you pop in to say hi soon! Good night!

Sherry

Hey Sherry,

Yes it has been rather quiet here. Its been a so so week for me in terms of losing weight, the scales have stayed stubborn! Have been walking a lot, did some yoga stretching on top of 2 days at the gym but also stress from job hunting has led to some minor snacking. But I have the big picture in mind so I don’t stress too much from the numbers. I will get them down by my set timeline.

The good thing is school starts next week so I will have the house to myself most of the day. Its difficult to focus on work when you have 3 kids underfoot all the time. Yesterday the boys had a sleepover at their friends, it was so peaceful at home. πŸ™‚

See you all in a few days for the weekly report.

esther

Hi All,

Sherry, glad you are feeling better since doing your cleanse. That always seems to do the trick for you.

Esther, how nice that you had a day of peace & quiet at home yesterday! I had our 3 grandsons here last week and after a couple of days, I thought I’d lose my mind. I’m used to it being quiet! πŸ˜‰

Spent all day yesterday on the golf course….hot! The weather has changed now and we will have chilly nights and temps only in the mid 70’s during the day…refreshing!

I’ve been having more “off plan” meals lately, but my weight is staying stable. I think all my activity is the main factor there. I’ve definitely been eating too many carbs quite often. Most recently…corn on the cob. It is a very seasonal thing around here, so decided to treat myself.

Getting ready to head to boot camp in a few minutes. I’m still sore from Monday’s session!

Have an awesome day!

Viewing 50 posts - 4,751 through 4,800 (of 5,077 total)

You must be logged in to reply.