Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

This topic contains 5,051 replies, has 218 voices, and was last updated by  vendor 3 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,001 through 2,050 (of 5,077 total)

• Hi all,

Ending a successful fast day. Hi to Canucky Woman, welcome!

Salma, interesting on the progesterone. Wonder if giving estrogen too to balance it all out would have helped? Did the progesterone improve your mood while on it? I’ve heard it’s one of the happiness hormones too! I just can’t get my head around the whole hormone thing. Of course all those doctors are happy to prescribe them, but I don’t think anyone really knows what the potential downside is to the bio-identical (I know there’s a downside to the synthetic!). I really DO have to try out Mr. McKenna!

Lori, it certainly doesn’t sound like you should have gained. I think it’s the darn humidity there (and here in San Diego, ugh!) which can cause water retention. As you know too, alcohol does also make you dehydrated and retain water. Drink a ton of water over the next day or two and you should lose that weight and then some!

MM, Oh yes, I remember moving the date to early September on the under 130 lbs. challenge. Works for me, as it may take that long after this past weekend’s indulgences!

Milena, glad to hear you are at least enjoying your time off plan and not feeling too terribly guilty. Just like the rest of us, you will get back on that wagon, however difficult it may be to find it and hoist yourself up 😉

Have a good one all!

Sherry

Hiya ladies,

Milena.. nice to see you back here and to know you are in love 🙂
    Abandoning all caution and throwing it to the wind can feel delicious even if the after-effects are malicious. I have a vacation coming up for 7 days in Croatia.. I have every intention of parking the wagon back home and only getting back on when I am back; even then, it may take a while to get the creaky wheels going again. I am planning to indulge in good food and wine and REST!!

Until then, I am toeing the line. I had a good fast day yesterday. I think I had about 350 calories in all. I am also going to the gym two days a week, and today was one of them. I love it when the gym is done and over with. Another fast day this week (maybe 2 to set me up for the hols next week) and another gym day and that’s me done for the week.

Welcome Canucky Woman.. stick around and you will find a lot of help, encouragement and support around here. We are all trying to do our best.. sometimes we do well, other times we falter, but we keep each other more or less on the path. Some sit down for a rest and others zoom by.. but we are all going on this journey together.

Lori.. I am with you all the way regarding the plain vanilla 5:2.. I am doing that now too. After all, this is precisely WHY I signed up for this: because I can have a normal life most of the time (I calculated it: that makes 71.42% of the time for those of you who are mathematically inclined 🙂 )

Have a great day everyone.. today, for me, is a non-fast day thankfully, and I have a business lunch that I have every intention of enjoying (at least the food part).

Salma

Good Morning!

Enjoying a leisurely morning without having to rush to boot camp. Slept well and feeling good this morning. A good fast day yesterday, so took a peek at the scale this morning and it’s down 1.5 lbs from yesterday. Now to keep the downward trajectory! Today is an eating day! YAY! We’re going out to an Italian place for dinner tonight, but they serve perfect portion sizes, not huge piles of food, so that is good. They make homemade ravioli in a pink cream sauce that is to die for. That is usually what I get and then bring 1/2 of it home for lunch the next day. Sounds like a plan, doesn’t it?

Salma..your vacation sounds lovely. We visited Croatia while on our Med cruise last year. It is beautiful! We had no idea what to expect, but it ended up being one of our favorite ports. I’m sure you’ll have a wonderful time.

Well, time to figure out what to have for breakfast. Have a great day everyone!

Morning, all.

Today was to be a fast day, but having just gotten a dinner invitation, plans have changed. Lori, what a nice morning surprise. And your ravioli does sound to die for. Salma, Croatia is lovely. I taught in neighboring Bosnia on a Fulbright a few years back and very much enjoyed trips to Zagreb and Dubrovnik. Make sure to try the stuffed calamari, the specialty on the coast. You’ll also see the Italian influence in the lovely pastas. And the Viennese influence in the pastries. Eat a slice of Krempita in my honor.

Jeesh, good thing this isn’t a fast day. You ladies have me thinking about food. And I can now see where those recalcitrant ten pounds came from!

MM

Hi MM.. Interesting stuff about Croatia. I am really looking forward to the trip. I will also be visiting Bosnia (Mustar to be precise) as my mom’s ethnic origins are from there. She has never visited, but I am doing it in her honour.
    I will be very happy to sample your suggestions and will drink a glass (or two.. or three) in your honour 🙂

Salma

Salma, Mostar is a lovely city, if you don’t get too far away from the city center and into areas that remain in ruins from the war. There are wonderful restaurants on the north side of the river with tables jutting practically over the water. If you are going to Mostar be sure not to miss a stop at the Sufi Tekkia in Blagaj, just south of Mostar. It’s an old Sufi monastery that’s recently been refurbished. A spring pours the most beautiful blue-green water from the base of a red rock cliff–gorgeous! And of course there are restaurants right on the river. They cool their beer by floating the crates in the cold spring water. One of my favorite places in all the world.

The Medugorgian wine is good but strong. Most Bosnians put water in their wine–sparkling in white and still in red. I picked up the habit while living there.
    Glad to hear you’ll be setting the diet wagon aside. Oddly enough, I didn’t really gain that much weight there. Lots of walking, for one thing. And not much processed food, just good local fish, produce, etc. It makes a difference.

MM

Good Morning!

Well, we’ve made it to mid-week! I had a good NFD yesterday and stayed within my calorie budget. Another NFD today and I think I’ll probably come in a little low in regard to my TDEE. No worries. I’ll eat if I’m hungry, if not, I’ll save those calories! My next Fast day will be tomorrow(Thursday). No boot camp tomorrow so I’ll stick to 500 calories.

Grandsons with us overnight tonight, so not sure how much sleep I’ll get. I don’t usually sleep well with guests in the house. Just strange noises and knowing they are there, I guess. Plus, with the boys, I’ll be listening in case they need anything. Even though they are 12 & 11, I still tend to think of them as being “little”.

Hope you’re all having a good week!

Good evening ladies,

Was planning a NFD today but with it being the first day back to school (and all the festivities that went with it) for my kids, the day got away from me and after just having a Skinny Frap. late morning, I realized by 1:30, I hadn’t eaten anything else. Sooo, decided to just go with it and make it another FD. These are the easiest FD’s because they’re almost effortless since you just kind of accidentally slide into them! I will probably go with a third FD before the week is out to shake off last weekend’s eating.

Happy mid-week everyone!

Sherry

Hi everyone!

Have been a bit remiss with postings, sounds like there is some positive work going on while my back’s turned!, Sherryann agreed those are the great FD’s the “unknown” ones 🙂
    I’m off to sunny climes next week, and it can’t come quick enough. I’ve got a bit tired of my Fitbit, and can’t wait to be Fitbit free for a week!
    No need need to envy me, I’ll only be surrounded by picturesque mountains in Spain, chillin, swimming, taking in the sun, reading, and drinking nice wines…;-)

When I come back I’ll re-group, and get back on track. I’ve got my Marathon training plan stuck up on the wall, although it’s not until April, I want to start, so I can build in some rest weeks, and take into account injuries or whatever, hopefully this will give me motivation! I also need the break from my Zumba classes, and hope in September to have some new routines etc…:) I’m still 2 Ibs away from losing my first stone, but am well and truly stuck, according to my plan would have lost 18 Ibs by now 🙁 and have lost 12 Ibs, will make a new plan when I’m back, and think like you Salma and Lori will go back to 5:2.

Salma, have a lovely time in Mostar, I would also like to go there, MM the monastery sounds amazing, and the food!
    Lori, good luck with FD, I’m also fasting today

Hi to all!!

hello ladies,

Another gym day under the old belt.. thank God TAHT’s over for the week. Also, two FDs done (Mon+Wed).. so I am now as free as a bird for the rest of the week :0

My weight seems to go up and down in 0.5-1 lb chunks.. it is very irritating, but I am at least hovering around the same figure of around 83kg. You would think, by now, it would have shifted somewhat downwards, but no! I feel with all the others suffering along with me.. buy hey.. I have a vacation coming up and I am not going to worry about things. I will try to get 2 FDs and 2 gym days in before I fly out on Thursday next week to try to keep the damage at bay, but I fully expect to be 2 kgs over when I come back.. it is just the way my body has been abusing me in the last few years.. sigh!

I guess we all pay for our sins.

MM, thanks for all the recommendations. I am really looking forward to this.
    Sherry..well done ont eh ‘accidental’ FD.. I fasted yesterday too as I am trying not to combine gym with an FD, so I shifter my FDs from Mon/Thu to Mon/Wed and gym days Tue/Thu.. Added bonus: you get them out of the way at the beginning of the week!
    BB. we will both be away in nice places, drinking wine and enjoyoing ourselves (not trying to make anyone else jealous 🙂 ). We should compare notes on weight gain when we are back. I am sure we will both need support to get back on the straight and narrow once we are back. Enjoy Spain! I love that country.

Everyone else.. have a great day ..

Salma

Good Morning!

WOW! Lots of exciting trips coming up! Can’t wait to hear about each and every one when you return. I have a few weeks to wait for my 2 week adventure to the west coast of the US. We’re going to Seattle and the Oregon Coast in mid September.

The Grandsons went to bed last night without complaint and we didn’t hear a peep out of them all night! They are still snoozing and have about a 1/2 hour until Pappy will rouse them out of bed to get moving. They’re going to breakfast and then to Little League baseball games.

Have my FD planned and vowing to stick to it! I’m going to enter my food into MFP and see where I end up and make adjustments as needed. Weigh in tomorrow morning!

Have a great day!

Morning all. Like you, Sherry, I had an unplanned “almost fast day” yesterday. Slept soundly and feel lighter, but my nemesis the scale says “don’t fool yourself, lady. An almost fast day is maintenance for you. I’m not budging.” Sigh. OK, at least it’s not going up, right?

No more fast days now till the weekend is past. But I will try to lower the feedbag, as they say.

Good luck to all fasters today.

MM

Ha, ha MM. Or get our noses out of the trough.

Ok, I will be the first to admit it…I am officially jealous of all the wonderful, exotic vacations coming up for some of you lucky ladies! Milena, when are you going to figure out how to post pictures on behalf of those, like me, who are tech/instruction reading challenged? I want to see some of those beautiful vacation photos posted by Salma and Beldy! 🙂 Plus Milena, we need to share cat photos (since we are, after all the weird cat ladies;).

Well, on to a hopefully healthy-ish NFD for me! Have a good day all, fasting or not!

Sherry

Happy Friday!

Gingerly stepped on the scale this morning and am happy to report a loss of 3 lbs since Monday! I know some of it was weekend bloat, but a small bit had to be fat, didn’t it? Hello? 😉 Whatever, I was happy to see a lower number than I’ve seen in a while. This after blowing my fast day yesterday when the husband and grandson came home with a pizza. I only ate 1 slice, but it was not on the plan!

I’m skipping boot camp this morning as I’m just not feeling it. I didn’t sleep very well and my cat decided that 3:45 was a good time to get up. I’m looking forward to a couple good night’s sleep at my sister’s this weekend with no cat to give me an early morning wake up call! She is husband’s problem for the next couple days!

I know I’ll eat and drink more than I need the next couple days, but I’ll deal with that next week. I haven’t seen my sister in a couple months, so we’re due for a good time!

Have a great weekend!

Hi
    I am a newbie, 57 and about 2 stone overweight 🙁
    I have dieted on and off for many years, since my teens and each time I get to goal, I gradually regain the weight.
    I have read the whole of this thread now- its taken over a week but you all sound realistic about trying to make this ‘diet’ fit in with your lives to make you thinner and healthier.
    I did 2 FD this week, Mon and Wed and did the not much till dinner approach- I had 2 portions of sugar free jelly in the day plus a tsp bovril made into a drink on the 2nd day and actually didn’t find it too bad. However, now the w/e with wine and other treats , will try to limit damage and see how it goes. A colleague has lost 2 stone in about 6 months eating this way and is my inspiration and proof that it is doable.
    Sue

Hi all!

Welcome Sue! Congrats Lori on the big weight loss in a week! That’s awesome!

Everyone is missing in action these days! Maybe, like me, you’re not feeling too thrilled with your weight/eating? Finally got on the scale and have not yet lost the lb’s from last weekend’s get away. UGH! Will not be reporting said weight in the spirit of Milena’s rules! 😉

Jayney, are you out there? If so, can you help on the TDEE issue? Mine states I should be 1666-1750 calories a day when I calculate it for being 5’1″, goal weight of 120 lbs and light to moderate activity (walking 1 hour daily/ weights 2x/wk). I feel like that’s too much?

Well, off to the hospital to see my new great nephew. Here’s hoping for a better week ahead!

Good luck all!

Sherry

Oh, Milena, for giggles, check out “8 cat person stereotypes that are totally true” on Livestrong.com !

Sherry

By chance, bipping around, I saw that Milena has had a health scare- ended up in hospital for surgery to gall bladder, think she is ok now

Hi all.

Great loss, Lori! I’m impressed. And welcome, Sue. I’m still fairly new to this thread myself. What I find most encouraging is knowing we’re all having our ups and downs together and the reminders that this is a long-term thing, not an overnight fix. I’ve found that about a fast day and a half (one really good one and one where I cheat a little) is maintenance for me. The scale resolutely stays put. But . . . it’s not going up. So that’s good to know for the long haul.

Sherry, guilty as charged. Just too many end of the summer events to fit in more than one fast day a week these last few weeks. Weight is holding steady, but no progress towards that magical 2. And Tuesday I leave for Vienna. I’ve decided to make both travel days fast days–who wants airline food anyway? But I know the Konditoreis will be seductive while there. Last time I was in Vienna I was 13,skinny as a rail, and could eat all the cream cakes my heart desired. This time I’ll see if I can limit it to one. Okay, maybe two. 🙂

Then it’s back to work, which will make fasting much easier, since I teach twice a week at the noon hour. Still hoping to see that magic 2 for my birthday, but it may be later in the month, depending on how good I am in Vienna.

As for the TDEE, mine comes out to about 1500, give or take a few. I calculated at light activity, though I have weeks that are clearly moderate. If you calculated at moderate activity that’s where you got the higher number. Does seem high, but if I add in the wine, the occasional snack of nuts, and the occasional cookie or two I do get up to that or over on some days.

Greetings to everyone else and safe travels to all the travelers!

MM

Hello everyone,

I went to my dietician yesterday and my weight has not budged in 5 weeks!
    However, the god news is that my muscle mass increased 300 gm and the fat went down by 1.2 Kg. The difference, she tells me, is water. Yaaay!!

So, this is evidence that despite weight staying the same, things change underneath the surface. There is hope for us yet!

well done Lori and welcome Susiewoozy.
    Anyone else heard from Milena? I hope all is well.

Have a good week everyone.

Salma

Oh my gosh! Sue, how did you hear about Milena? I hope she is Ok…I heard that surgery/recovery can be painful. My prayers go out to her!

MM, yes, the important thing here I think is to stay honest (and not hide like I want to!) with each other when our weight isn’t where we want it to be so we can receive and offer some support when needed! Lord knows I need it this week. Thanks for the input on the TDEE! With regard to your beloved Konditoreis, try finding out the average calories for the pastry and figure it in to your day’s allotment rather than doing what we might have done in the past and saying, “the heck with it, I ate the taboo item and now I’m going to eat whatever else I want the rest of the day/week!” Have a wonderful time in Vienna (again, I’m jealous!) 😉

Salma, happy to hear at least the muscle mass is growing/fat declining! See, we told you that the gym could affect the numbers on the scale. Your clothes should be feeling better on you though, right?

Sherry

Sherry

Hello All!

Back from a fun weekend with my sister. Now just catching up on laundry etc. Bought a couple items of clothing(that I didn’t really need), but it was fun anyway. I’m sure the scale is up, but I may just wait and weigh in on Friday and see where I am. Why upset myself by seeing the weekend bloat show up on Monday morning? We’ll see…..curiosity may get the best of me!

Hope Milena is doing ok. We just never know, do we?

Take care all and I’ll “see” you tomorrow!

Hi Sherry- it was on a thread called Aussie determination, I was just bipping around for inspiration- assuming there isn’t more than one Milena? It’s an unusual name.

Hmmm, guessing the Milena you heard about, Sue is Australian, since that’s who’s on that thread. But we will see…Milena, are you out there/still cat sitting so you can let us know for sure?

I’m fasting today. Had my 85 cal protein frap. drink this morning and trying now to figure out what other measly bits of food I can eat today! 😉 This week I am determined to get the darn weight off from a week ago and start moving that scale closer to the below 130 mark! Wish me luck!

Another hot week in store here in So. Cal. I am so craving cooler weather and make-ahead crockpot stews!

Hoping there will still be a few of us around in the next couple weeks to chat since a large portion of the ladies will be on holiday!

Have a great start to the week everyone!

Sherry

Hi all

I’m off for hols tonight, and very excited at the prospect, of no fitbit, no Zumba classes to plan, no running and no work 🙂 Luckily it won’t be an overly “gastronomic” affair, mainly simple food, but there will be some decent wines, swimming and lots of sunshine. Wishing you all a great week. Salma, have a good time:) let’s compare notes on how we do.
    Sherry hope your FD went ok
    Hi Suzie, hope it’s going well for you..

BB

So far, so good thanks for the welcome.
    FD again today, just had chicken leg- small, with green veg for dinner, managed on not much thru the day.

Sherry, it is the same Milena, if you click on her username you can see previous posts.

I am away in two weeks so hoping to drop a lb or so before I go- but holiday w/e coming in UK so not sure,
    Susie

Hi ladies..
    I am now concerned about Milena..
    Milena.. give us a shout please and let us know how you are. I hope all is well.

Today was a non-fast day for me as I went to the gym and did not want to fast on a gym day. Tomorrow is an FD, and also probably the travel day (Thursday).

BB.. definitely on for comparing notes. I will not be trying to lose or even maintain weight during my trip. I will be throwing all caution to the wind (and gladly paying the price later). Have a great trip.

Lori.. congrats on the new clothes.. nothing nicer than buying something you absolutely don’t need 🙂

Salma

Happy Tuesday all!

You are wise, Salma, not to fast on a gym day. I’m revising my schedule so that I’m not fasting on a day when I do boot camp. It is just too stressful. So, Tuesday and Thursday will be my fasting days for now. Not sure what I’ll do in the winter as I usually do boot camp Mon, Tue, Thurs, Friday. Hmmm….will I have to do a FD on a weekend???????? The horror!!! 😉

Wishing you well Milena and hope you’ll post soon and let us know you’re doing ok. We miss you!

Hi those of you who aren’t away on holiday!

Ok, get ready for the whining! Well, still no movement on the scale despite fast day yesterday. I did bite a few things beyond my 500 cal (as in one slice of dried pineapple and 3 crackers) but not more than 100 cal, that’s for sure. Crazy! As I have said, it has been extremely humid here though and when I’ve been in tropical, humid climates like Hawaii, I have retained water/been bloated. At least that’s the story I’m sticking to for now! ;).

I’d love to say that I think the plain vanilla approach will work for me(and I really want it to), but it’s not working well and discouragement is setting in. I may, like some others out there combine fasts with another eating plan like the Fast Metabolism Diet. Food combining seems to work fairly well with my body, though I’d much rather eat what I want within a calorie limit, hence the reason I went with this eating plan/WOL. I don’t know, so confusing! Any advice out there?

Heading out for a walk with a friend that I haven’t walked with since school let out for the summer. It will be nice to start that routine again!

Have a good day everyone!

Sherry

Hi Sherry..

I did the ‘window’ thing for a month and that really seems to have jolted my system and I did lose faster.. but with the 5:2 WOL, you just have to resign to very slow loss. Sometimes, it doesn’t budge.. for me.. now 4 weeks of no change, but you just ignore what the scales are telling you and keep plugging at it. Frankly, I don’t want to be on any other type of diet.. tried them all, or almost, and I am heartily sick of dieting. I like this WOL because I can be ‘normal’ most days. That’s my two cents’ worth..

Salma

Thanks Salma, I know what you are saying. I have some thinking to do. Thanks for the two cents worth :). Btw, aren’t you leaving for your holiday soon?

Sherry

I agree Salma! The eating window thing was messing with me and I like plain old 5:2 much better! I’ve been this same weight for a couple of years, so if it takes me a couple more to lose the last bit…….that’s just fine!

Hang in there Sherry. You will find the perfect plan for you!

Hi Lori,

Do you mind telling me more about your weight loss journey? How long have you been doing this WOL, how much have you lost and how much more do you have to lose? It seems like you’ve lost fairly regularly (with a few blips) from what I’ve seen? Just trying to see how this works for people in general. I appreciate it! 🙂

Thanks,

Sherry

I haven’t been doing this WOE consistently for very long. It has mainly allowed me to maintain as I am still trying to get a handle on my non fast days. In the past 2 years I have lost 35 lbs, most of that in the first 6 months of doing boot camp. I used the Dukan diet to lose the first 25, but it is not a plan for life as I feel 5:2 is.

Sorry I’m not able to say I’ve lost a lot of weight on this plan, I’m still hoping and trying. For now, it feels like a victory to just not be gaining.

Keep the faith!

Hi Ladies

sorry to have gone awol, but I understand you heard I had been ill.

Did a cat sit in Argyle, over a week of lovely weather so not much work but a lovely holiday, put on 5 lbs, was actually looking forward to a few fasts.

On the last night has local amazing seafood, began to feel ill within a couple of hours of eating, long story short about 20 hours later going to A&E. Wasn’t food poisoning.

The four day fast, medically supervised would have cost me about £4000 in a posh clinic in Germany, in the Royal in Edinburgh probably cost £100,000, amazed with the standard of care,the professionalism of our NHS and the high percentage of cute doctors. Especially pleased about being in a side room for most of the stay, and for the liberal use of morphine!

Upside is gallbladder removed, though not sure what it weighed, I think it is wee, but lost 8 lbs, so holiday weight taken care of!!!!

Back home and feeling ok, will watch you all from the sidelines for a couple of weeks, only thing that tastes nice is hagen das strawberry ice cream.

I am touched to find that I was missed, this forum is very special!

Milena! So glad to hear from you! What a way to lose weight! Happy you are home and feeling better.

Take care of yourself!

Milena! So happy to hear you are Ok! We were worried! How is the recovery in general? Are you feeling sore? Sorry for the whole experience but happy for your weight loss! Enjoy your ice cream! 😉

Thanks Lori for the insight. So far, this has been more of a maintenance plan for me too, which is, as you said, better than gaining. It seems like Beldy (or was it DJ?) and Jayney who have all lost a good amount of weight in a short amount of time have combined this WOE with something else like lower carb eating or the olive oil regime…interesting. I too, like Salma am tired of doing all the weird, exhausting diets out there so this is appealing. I DO love this way of eating as a maintenance plan, but need to get some weight off soon since I’m not fitting in most of my clothes and refuse to buy new, bigger sizes! Will keep pondering what do to and plugging away in the meantime…

Have a good night all!

Sherry

Hi all- seems to me this is ‘ slow but steady’ , think that is what I need to stick at it. 2nd FD today- marmite drink and sf jelly at lunchtime, 2 ‘courses’ makes me feel like I am having lunch! Then dinner will be leftover stir fry , lots of veg with some chicken, and a piece of fruit- apple.
    Weigh again tomorrow- what does everyone do about weighing? Weekly? Daily? My colleague on 5:2 does fortnightly as her loss is slow, so seeing nothing on a weekly basis would be de motivating but fortnightly there IS a loss to see.
    Susie

MILENA!!!!!
    So sorry to hear about your troubles.. you got us all worried. 8Lbs weight loss = silver lining. please take care and be kind to yourself. So glad your ordeal is over (despite the cute doctors).

Sherry, yes, I am going on holiday. In fact, I fly out tonight. I can’t weight 🙂

I did another gym session this morning.. got the second session out of the way.. so now: 8 days with NO gym and NO FDs. Hurrah!! I won’t be singing a happy tune when I come back, though, I expect. In fact, this morning, my weight was up after yesterday’s FD. Very annoying.. the scales are being extremely uncooperative, but I will totally ignore them next week and I hope they will learn their lesson by being ignored. Perhaps they will start behaving better, eh?

Susie, I say I weigh weekly, but truth be told, I do it daily in the morning (except on days when I had pigged out the day before). however, I only ‘register’ the weight once a week on the same day, Monday morning after I have done my worst over the weekend. I hope this helps.

Have a great day everyone..

Salma

Good Morning!

Took a peek at the scale this morning as I really felt like I would see a better number. Not so much. 🙁 I was up several times visiting the loo last night and that usually means I’m burning fat, but I was disappointed with the weigh in. Oh well…just have to hope the number looks better on Friday.

Safe travels Salma! Hope you have a fabulous time. How long will you be gone and where are you going? I know you posted about it before, but I have forgotten.

Heading to boot camp in a few minutes. Right now I’m enjoying a cup of coffee to get me awake.

Milena…hope you’re feeling better each day.

Make it a good day!

Hi Lori,
    I am off to Croatia for one week. Back next Thursday. Thanks for the wishes.

Oh that’s right Salma! I remember now telling you how beautiful we found Croatia when we were there on the cruise in October!

Have a great time!

Salma, do have a wonderful, carefree trip, if you haven’t left already! I see you, like me, experienced the inexplicable weight gain/no loss after a fast day…very irritating! I am down today after a NFD…go figure! Sometimes I guess it just shows up later (plus I’m sure all that whining burned a ton of calories!) 😉

Lori (see above!), you will be fine by Friday I am sure! You always have a good attitude about it!

Susie, I weigh daily, mostly by habit. The exception for me is, as Salma stated, when I’ve pigged out…then I might wait anywhere from a few days to a week to weigh so as not to get too depressed ;)! It works for me because then I can see sooner rather than later if I need to make some changes in my eating to accomplish my goals. BUT, as you can see from my previous whining, it can make one anxious. So, whatever works best for you I say!

Milena, hope you’re feeling better with each passing day and getting lots of comforting cuddles from your kitties!

As I say, onward and downward!

Sherry

Hi

Have a great trip Salma, not sure but my ancestory may be croatian. My dad came over when it was Yugoslavia and I know nothing of his family.

No kitties Sherry, however, a wee stray black cat wandered in and made herself at home a couple of days ago, found her owner last night – on my own at the moment, boys out, realised this is the first time I’ve been alone since 1980. Isn’t that weird, though I keep tripping up over them, so they are still here in spirit!

The 36 inch waist I had at the start of the year which went down to 30 is back to 36 – how depressing is that? Hope its just temporary.

Been checking the diary, beginning of Sept is 16 weeks to Christmas week. I know that there are some of us with not too much to lose, but for me, and for a few others, a stone off before Christmas would be lovely and 2 stones would be amazing. So maybe think of a deep breath and a regroup on 1 September (just after, Salma – enjoy that holiday!) with those two targets in mind. Anyone with less than a stone to lose could aim for the dizzy heights of maintenance, to join Janey. Though of course the last half stone is way harder than an interim stones.

A dress size down for us all would be something to aim for this Christmas!

Sounds like a plan Milena! Although I will have a 2 week break in September, but will be right back here when I return! I’m sure I’ll be checking in on you all as I’ll have access to WiFi almost everywhere we stay.

16 weeks until Christmas!! ACK!! I’m not ready for that! That means cold & snow for us and I want to get lots more golf in before then! Hoping for a mild winter this year as last year was just brutal. I thought I’d never be warm again!

Having quite a boring day at work today. Last week of the month is usually very slow and that is certainly the case this week. Of course, the last 1/2 hr, I’ll be the only 1 here, so that means the phone will not stop! I don’t typically answer the phone, but have to when the office girls leave for the day.

Feeling sleepy, so I must get up and move around a bit. I think I’ll have a lemon Greek yogurt that I have in the fridge since it’s not a fast day.

Hope you’ve all had a good day!

If you had keyhole surgery Milena, the waist gain is likely from the gas they pump in to your abdomen to move it all around so they get a good view, it will slowly absorb over a few weeks.

Ps happy hols to Salma 🙂

Hi all, I was trying to add a photo and just chose a random fruit salad to see if it would work but can’t delete it now, this might seem a bit random but others have asked how to post photos so I thought I’d try and find out.
    Hope everyone’s ok and loosing or maintaining.
    Milena hope your feeling better soon.
    Xx

Viewing 50 posts - 2,001 through 2,050 (of 5,077 total)

You must be logged in to reply.