Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

This topic contains 5,051 replies, has 218 voices, and was last updated by  vendor 3 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,201 through 1,250 (of 5,077 total)

• Hi Phoebe

Sorry our posts must have crossed – good news about the fire.

I had the same problem about three years ago. It is so painful. I am sure that once it has gone you can go back to normal activities.

So maybe try Zumba again. Just when talking your dog wear shoes with an arch and a slight heel. Mine was because I did a lot of standing and wore flat shoes. Mine has been fine since.

Here they also call in policemans feet. Because of all the walking around the streets they did.

I would look like Nellie the elephant in a tutu. Funny perhaps but not a good look.

Yes Milena has hidden talents she is full of strange information!!

You will get used to who we are are.

Ginette

Ginette, Bacon sandwiches ooh if I set off now should be at yours for breakfast!

Milena, I could send you some tena ladies if he starts to hula hoop again, or you could send us all a video, that would be funny but we would all need them then!

Phoebe, I am glad you are no longer in any iminant danger, let’s hope it stays that way.

I am feeling proud of myself, have done 100 mins of exercise on wii today, I have ginette to thank for that am a little bit achey but will survive I am sure . I am on a fast day again today, so if I start to look at fridge tonight am going to salsa or meringe instead!

Hope you are all having a good day fasting or feasting

Audrey

WOW! This is a busy board! Love to see all the posts, but can’t hope to comment to everyone…too confusing!

Just let me do a general “Keep up the great work” to everyone!

Hi Audrey

Another 100 mins. I don’t know whether to pleased or sorry that I suggested it. Delighted for you as you obviously decided that you like it and I presume are doing the longer ones now. You are certainly keeping me at it as well, I feel encouraged and challenged to do a little more now. Today is a day off though as I must rest my knee or I know I’ll get enforced rest.

I would make you a bacon sandwich. I love granary bread but only have it about 2/3 times a week. So that is the plan tomorrow.

Your right to feel proud but you may be counting the cost if that suit gets too big and you have to get another one for the wedding. :))

Hi Lori

Yes sometimes it goes mad on this thread. Today is a busy day.

Hope your Ok.

Ginette

When I lived in in Milan my family always soaked the fruit in wine, I remember fresh peaches in white wine… hmmmmmmm…..

We always put frozen mixed berries in our champagne on Christmas day mm mm lovely

Evening all
    Milena: re Abernyte, that’s not far from me at all, would love to meet up sometime when you’re up there – for a little light lunch, better not be a Fast Day!
    Phoebe: I was born in Scotland actually but my mother was Canadian. She worked for the Canadian High Commission so lots of travelling around the world – my father was a merchant seaman so we were all travellers! I used to travel to BC a lot, not been for three years now since my dear aunt died.

Have had a good day today – went cycling with a friend. First time I’ve been on my bike for years. She has ‘track my ride’ on her phone and it said we burned 1200 calories. Blimey, not sure I believe that as it was quite gentle really… at least it’s out and about. Not sitting around eating – we even cycled past the pub!!!

Tomorrow is my next fast day and I will do the same as Monday – ie eat nothing until tea time as that seemed to work well for me.

This board is simply hilarious – I nearly did the ‘nose trick’ with my water about three times just catching up with you all…

Hi all

Im going to have a bit of a rant!!!

Was in Sainsbury’s – honey roast salmon – very good, ate tomatoes and cucumber on seed bread, half a packet of salad, that kept me out of mischief for twenty minutes!!!

Anyway, the rant – was in the baby food aisle, reading the info on the packets of baby food – as you do. Son is nineteen, so not been there for a while, in fact stopped buying farleys rusks about 5 years ago, son kept nicking them.

Lovely with pesnut butter by the way, but I digress, as is my wont.

Tiny packets of sweeties, all with 4 or 5 grams of sugar in the packets not a huge amount but I presume aimed at toddlers, to put it in perspective, a lot of toddlers are less than 20% of my weight, some much less, so these sweeties are equal to 5 or more teaspoons. Tiny portions too.

Then I looked at the organic smoothie juices, in individual drinking bags, for wantof a better description. Note individual!!

Each contained, depending on the colour of the bag, between 11 and 13 grams.

For a wee drink! Equivalent to what in an adult? 10 or 15 teaspoonfuls of sugar. And its organic – so you can now poison the kids without added chemicals!

And they come in packs of 10!!! Heck, have a mothers morning and create either mass murder ir msyhem – while its killing them and making them fat, its also making them hyper!!!!!!

Hi Ladies,

Sitting in my hotel bed but instead of going to sleep, I am checking this thread. It is becoming an addiction, or rather a lifeline, for me. Keeping up with everyone is better than a TV series πŸ™‚

Well done Milena on the smaller size. What a wonderful feeling that is. It is shocking isn’t it what they slip into foods, particularly kids’. When parents are too busy and too tired the logical thing is to get the ‘good’ stuff from a supermarket, but false labelling is so misleading. You are right to rant. I am wondering.. Farley’s rusks at 15? They are delicious though.

Has it ever happened to you that you thought you were looking quite smart and well put together only to catch a glimpse of yourself in a mirror and be informed otherwise? I was wearing a nice skirt and jacket and one of those Spanx thingies underneath to keep everything from going all over the place. Only the static from the Spanx made the skirt cling to my behind – unbeknownst to me – resulting in a rather detailed view of my ample hind quarters resulting in – how shall one put it – an unintended nineteenth century natural bustle effect. I was horrified to realise this in the elevator mirror going up to my room and now want to stay here for the next few days and not face anyone!

Anyway.. I will sleep on it and hope I don’t get any nightmares.

On the food front, I was ‘mindful’ and ate sensibly, but I think I was somewhere around 1500/1700. I did have a lemon sorbet which was dripping with sugar, but it tasted great with my espresso, so I refuse to feel bad about it. Mind you, the sight of that skirt hugging every bump may make me reconsider this particular resolution. Dinner was a baby spinach salad with caramelised walnuts and tangerine slices with a small roll of whole wheat bread dipped in a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Ginette and Audrey are getting me thinking about the Wii again. Maybe I will dust my old one off and try when I get back home.

I have a long morning meeting and quite a lot of preparation for the day after..I am wishing I could be on a beach somewhere instead.. but wait beach=swim wear.. I think I would rather endure the meetings!!

Good night fellow travellers.. stay well.

Hi everyone,

Yes this forum is hilarious, posts keep crossing, fab! too much to comment on πŸ˜‰
    Applepie fantastic that you live in Costa Blanca, have family in Costa del Sol…am better in warmer climes πŸ™‚ feel the cold too much here, especially on FD’s

All this talk of wine and fruit is giving me ideas, another option frozen Margaritas with mango? NFD’s maybe?

Salma agree a little of want you fancy, lemon sorbet, loved the story of the bustle effect…hilariously told, thanks..

Milena also had a semi-rant a few threads back, nightmare can they not just put sugar where it belongs? e.g not in Bran Flakes

Ginette ! hi! enjoy the bacon sandwich…amazing results.

Am on a glass of wine as we speak, had a fairly modest NFD…

Good luck to all, Stay strong!

Hi Salma

When you get to the age where you are eligible for a pension and, I presume, a bus pass, you will become wise – as I am!

So follow my wisdom, women with scrawny asses want more than anything to have a rump!

Men, of course, prefer rumps to scrawny on ANY woman, it’s wired in.

Women with rumps are convinced – absolutely – that, not only is a scrawny ass not TOO bad, but more importantly, everyone else’s ass is smaller than theirs.

Wise women, however, keep in their mind’s eye, Marilyn, Sofia, Brigette, Gina and every other outstandingly beautiful woman they have seen and rejoice that they all had rumps!!! Sisterhood!

Predictive texts just changed rumps to dumps, which out a whole different slant on my message.

Hi Applepie

I have never tried it with peaches…..just right in the warm weather, I do hope I’m not getting you all hooked.

I’m sure you must get some delicious peaches where you are.

Hi Milena

I know you’ve been having a rant but there are 4gms of sugar to one teaspoon. Was the packet so small. I must admit you had me thinking about contacting a paper as this was so bad I wanted to highlight it.

Even so I think there should be less in baby food. We will be building up there liking for it….not good.

You know I am going to have to go and look at the baby food aisle now!!

I’m even thinking about looking up it up online tonight…..

Hi Salma

Yes I know what you mean addiction and lifeline. Your day was good then, not excessive and you were able to enjoy it good! This is what it’s all about.

Well I have always used it for me at the start I couldn’t manage a lot as I didn’t have the stamina. I would have felt embarrassed in a gym puffing and panting, let alone managing for half an hour. At home on the Wii I can wear what I like I can exercise for 10 mins twice a day if I like and it doesn’t cost anything apart from the the game. The one I use now and Audrey is really hooked on is called Exerbeat. There are apparently over 150 exercises on it. You can program it to target areas……..but it is addictive that I find a good thing as it keeps me on it for more than I would on a normal game. You don’t need the balance board, but there is the option to use one if you want.

I really don’t think I like the idea of the gym although I may go occasionally for the guidance and use of the weights.

On the subject or rumps…..I lost a lot of weight once I went to 10.7 which I was happy with, my ideal weight was apparently 9.7 for my height. So I lost the extra weight. I found people were saying I had lost too much and my face was getting scrawny. My my rump…..well it hurt to sit on a hard chair I had to have a cushion! I also felt cold all the time. Well at this point I knew it wasn’t the right weight for me. I put back on a few pounds to a comfortable weight and at some point carried on up until last May when I weighted 20 stone 1lb. I didn’t want to even admit this to myself. The first time I was open about this was on the forum.

So keep some weight on your rump, it is useful and looks nice, being curved is being a woman. To be enjoyed. All the examples Milena gave earlier I agree with and none of these woman are skinny. I hope never to be that again.

Beldyboop

I am so sorry to tell you that I went out JUST for the bacon, while I was there I decided to get my spicy chicken that I love and then I realised that on the delivery earlier in the day that might have included the ice cream that I didn’t expect, didn’t order and I’m not even sure I will like, but they forgot my lasagne.

So I also went to get a lasagne and some nice hard pears in passing and a few vegetables. Later on I realised what I had forgotten…….yes you have guessed it the bacon……sigh….I shall have to wait until Saturday now as I am out tomorrow for dinner, fasting Friday and that only leaves Saturday left.

I also called in to a friends on the way home, meaning to stay for half an hour and stayed for about two. I got back so late I didn’t eat. So my fast day consists of milk in tea about 6 cups and about 180gms of melon……and there is me always saying that I look forward to my evening meal!

Hi Milena

As you might know if you have read my ramblings I agree with everything you say about rumps.

Well I just have to answer my last thread and I am off to bed……

……I nearly forgot. Some really important news SOMEBODY has NOTICED. This was my neighbour who I see about 4 times a week. At last ::))

I can go to bed happy for my nightly date with Paul, I fell asleep during it again, it’s a good job he doesn’t get offended!!

Night all, have a good day tomorrow.

Ginette

One for you Milena

I couldn’t resist!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2416177/Could-jarred-food-harming-baby-Popular-brands-high-sugar-low-nutrients.html

Found that I had been sitting on a fork – I didn’t feel it maybe I need a little less rump?? Giggle…..

I really am off to bed now!

Night All – maybe Morning to you Salma as you are in a different time zone. Even Apple pie will be up soon as she is an hour ahead…. Don’t expect me to be here for a good few hours.

Ginette

Good morning ladies,

Thanks for the messages of sympathy and empathy about my “rump” story!

Milena..Sophia Loren? Gina? Marlyn? If only!!!
    I never want to be scrawny with a hardly any. In fact, I rather like being a well-rounded character, but I promise you, yesterday’s view was most certainly NOT Marlyn like πŸ™‚

Ginette, I am 2 hours infront of you, so not a major time difference.

My hotel room has Slater scales and I guess they don’t like foreigners; I think there is a plot in this place to strip me completely of any shred of self assurance (and this when I need to make a major presentation today, sigh!).. It spat out a number that made my heart sink. Applepie, I will now follow your good example of only weighing/noting my Monday morning weight. That will be my body’s weight after having thrown my worst at it; either that or sticking to Milena’s rule of only recording lowest. This up/down can get you down.. well the up will, anyway. Can it possibly be a foreign plot to dishearten foreign Marilyns and keep them away from the local men-folk? Hmmmmm.. that would explain it.. yes. totally.. it is not possible that I have gained 1.8 Kgss in ONE day, even after having been relatively mindful. Urrrrrgh.

I have been up ages looking for leg cramp info on the net. Twice it got me, twice! and so fierce, the back of my calf below the knee. Really tender now πŸ™

Does anyone else get night cramps or is it just me? Maybe I should make sure I have some salt on my liquids only day?

Milena, come back to Facebook, we miss you x

I want Exerbeat, Ginette I love my Wi Fit, when I have time, but Exerbeat sounds great. I will look out for it here,

Hi Appliepie, gin and tonic!

Actually tonic by itself is ok, and I find gin is like drinking perfume. I get them to, but tonic does seem to work. I imagine you can get quinine tablets.

Vodka and tonic?
    mohito made with tonic?
    bicardi and tonic?

just trying to be helpful.

Im reading facebook, but seem to have lost the messenger thingy, write to me and Ill know its working. Probably is but no one wants to talk to me. Facebook is a tad difficult when you only have 5 friends.

Just thought, maybe messenger is working, just no one wants go talk to me.

Note to self, get more friends!

Hi Salma

steady on – marilyn is the aim, that is our future! She was a size 10/12. But for the moment content yourself that every woman over thirty thinks her bum is worse than anyone elses. I think its the angle we see our bums.

You are beautiful – not the perfect specimen yet, but heading there, so get the heels on and stand tall – good posture makes you look thinner. Rejoice that in your world there will never be the consideration of a butt enlargement, That the Kardashians, not matter what you think of their dress sense, they are making ample assets desireable.

Strut your stuff lady, and wow them.

Oh, and imagine at the presentation thst everyone is naked.

ps, no you cant put on nearly two kilos. And anything but a loss is a wee break before the next loss worrying between losses slows down losses. FACT – at least in ny world!

Good Morning!

I have to work until 2 this afternoon and then I’m off for my sister’s for the long weekend. So….a few more days of eating a bit more than usual and then it’s “nose to the grindstone!”

I’ll check in on you all over the weekend.

Morning,

I had a good day yesterday, had a long work out and fast day.

Having an easier say today, although have been to the dentist!

Audrey

Hi Salma

Firstly all scales seem to weigh differently carry on being mindful and things won’t be too bad. Then just think you are giving your presentation to us you forum friends and that will relax you. They can be daunting I agree it is one of those things that if you are prepared for it can go down well. You are obviously going to talk about something you know about and that should put you at your ease.

As for rumps…..there are so may areas I need to worry about if I thought about it, I really would rather concentrate on the positives, the rest I’ll think about in time.

Good luck for the presentation – you will be fine.

Hi Applepie

Eat bananas. Potassium helps cramp.

I suggested eBay to Audrey as they are cheaper there, but they sell them on Amazon. I will go and check in a minute. Easier than looking up baby food!

Hi Milena

I sent you three things on messenger yesterday. So you may get a surprise as you might have lots waiting for you. I only go on Facebook once/twice a week just to read the thread as I am not an avid Facebook fan. I used to think a lot of the messages on normal Facebook were mundane. People sending posts about almost every minute of the day…..these drove me mad. The only thing I have notifications turned on for is messages on messenger. Funny thing was I used to moan that people would go on there and say that they had just had a piece of toast! ….as if I was interested….however I really am interested in what people eat here as it has a different meaning…..funny old world.

I only have about 15 friends and that includes a cat and a dog.

I never put personal information on there, because are people really interested? I see or talk to my friends by other means. Phone, forum or in person.

Yes I am interested in information people want to share here, this is different. Facebook can do a lot of harm. I had a person who worked with me who was complaining about some exams we had to set for the students. She had a moan about this on Facebook as the exams she felt were inappropriate. I taught special need adults and I fully agreed – we were forever juggling running the course for the true benefit of students and the funding requirements to get the money from the government to run it. Anyway my line manager came to me and told me that she had made these comments – I was asked to talk to her and ask her not to put any more comments like that about work on Facebook. How did they find out!! I have an inkling though. She was furious, I don’t blame her it is like having big brother look at you. But it caused a lot of problems.

About Salma’s presentation and imagining everyone is naked – I used to run an Italian restaurant and this is what I used to tell the waitresses if they had a difficult customer!! You are I sometimes are so alike in our thoughts!! Should we be worried?? :))

I agree you can’t put on 2 kilos in such a short space of time.

Hi Lori

Have a nice time at your sisters and enjoy it. See you at the weekend.

Hi Audrey

Have a nice relaxing day today. I have a friend coming to see me and then off to a meal. So a relaxing day for me.

Ginette

Hi all

Salma, just been to Boots and I have apparently put on 3 pounds from last week – good job I don’t let get to me – home scales sometimes agree with Boots and sometimes don’t, this week they are weighing much lighter so its the scales. OH is suddenly wieghing more – so I know its the scales. Was down 3 lbs a boots last time, and that time it tallied. Would be good to find some calibrated scales though. Will go again on Sunday, or might just try another Boots – might even find one that says I have lost 10 lbs – be hard not to like that one, wouldn’t it?

Covered in bruises already from the hula hoops – was thinking about it in bed last night, put on all the sections, makes for a huge hoop – perhaps I wasn’t supposed to start large? Back to the drawing board on that one -OH is threatening to hide it, plastic so ok to leave in the garden, but its neon pink and blue, or it green – sunglasses bright.

Ginette ref the baby sweeties, you are right one teaspoonful, but if we need to limit ourselves to no more than six teaspoons of sugar a day, what should a baby be at? A tiny pack of sweeties – they are small – and one of those drinks is 4 teaspoonfuls.

Most annoying its organic fruit foodstuffs – precious little fruit – so mums will think they are being healthy.

Got some lancome cream today – sixty five pounds – almost worth it as the assistant thought I was 43 – I’ll look like a teenager if this stuff works. Of course the girl was about 21 – so anyone over 40 is blummin’ ancient.

I got a lovely bag of goodies for another sixty five pounds, including a serum I was going to buy for thirty six. Then she put in tons of freebies, lots of make up and a small bottle of the new perfume I was thinking of – a bottle, not a tester. Huge amount of money but three bottles of wine for six weeks is about a hundred and twenty pounds – unless you are lucky like Applepie, so its money well spent in my book!!!

H Milena

No don’t believe them, maybe if you stripped off though……but no I think that this would get you banned from Boots!

It might be an idea to weigh at home on the same day in the same clothes and shoes. This will be a more accurate test.

What drink as it? Yes I do agree stating on sweet things not only damages teeth, but sets up problems for later in life. What chance have they got? The poor Mums the products are very misleading.

I’m annoyed they don’t put food labelling on pet food so we can make an informed choice.

I’m pleased that you have your bag of goodies. You do deserve it. There was one from boots that they were raving about but it went up from 7.99 to about 24.99. So unfair. Now I see there is a new self tanning lotion to use in the shower today. Apparently very good.

I like a bit of morning sun or evening sun, but it is too hot in the middle of the afternoon.

I have simple products that last for ages. I have dry skin and so I need to use something gentle.

My dinner was going to be at 5 and now it has moved to 6 so that’s why I decided to look on the forum.

Hope everybody is having a good day.

Acupuncture booked for next week again.

Ginette

Hi all..
    Phew.. presentation went okay and that is a load off my shoulders. I have another one and a major discussion tomorrow.. after that it is plain sailing.

Milena.. when you find the Boots that shows 10 lbs off, please send me GPS coordinates. I think it may be worth it to fly to Scotland to get some positive feedback.. These horrible scales here are very unpleasant and don’t believe I am a Marilyn type at all. Coupled with the full length mirror that is right infront of the scales (remember, I take off EVERYTHING – even hairclips- to weigh myself), and , well…. you get the picture. Self esteem is down the toilet (appropriately in the same location as the said scales and mirror)!!

So.. food wise, I wasn’t an angel, but I didn’t go overboard either. I had baked fish for lunch with smoked salmon, an orange in the afternoon and a big salad, hummus, cheese, tomatoes with onions and watermelon, followed by hot chocolate. In my book, a good eating day, scales (and mirror) be damned.

Okay.. I have to get back to work preparing for tomorrow’s ordeal.. I just wanted to pop in and say hi.

Good luck to all fasters tomorrow.

Well done Salma

Not a bad day food wise.

I had a youghurt and two wrinkled kiwis for lunch…..they had to be eaten and I had to save myself for tonight. I had a nice roast dinner with some very small roast potatoes in thyme and rosemary mmmmmmm

I then had (don’t read this Milena) an ice cream as it was free I actually did look but they didn’t have any fruit salad. A small ice cream , in fact the smallest, it came with a chocolate flake in which I gave away to my son…..unheard of! This wouldn’t happen in two weeks time. No Chance!!

Wishing you luck for tomorrow….not that you need it!

Ginette

Audrey are you in traction with too much exercise??

Ginette

hmmmm, read it Ginnette……………

Oh Dear……well you know I did my best then but really can’t not have a freebie. Only drank water though as always,….and I did give my flake away….tried not to dribble while he ate it!!

I ate a midget gem about a one in the morning about a week ago…..an act of rebellion….I didn’t even want it. I made myself laugh though the next day about it….must be about 7/8 calories….possibly even a fast day although I am always about 25 calories under.

Did you read on the other thread about hummus…..isn’t that made from chick peas, not something I eat though.

Well not even 10 days lest then …..counting down ….who me??

Ginette

That double negative didn’t look good…..must be slipping.

Checking in before hopefully retring to slumberland.

Ginette, hummus is made with boiled chick peas, tahini paste (made from crushed sesame,), lemon juicce, salt and a bit of garlic. When made properly, it is not only delicious drizzled with good quaity olive oil – as Milena says, ife is too short to use the not so good stuff. it is very nutritious (protein and fiber).

On the other hand, I don’t think I love someone enough to give them my flake. You are my hero!

Feeling shattered as I have just finished final edits.

Good night y’all

Hi Salma

Thanks for that.

Night.

Ginette

Hi everyone
    Totally in awe of the flake…not sure I could have done that myself Ginette.
    Completed my second fast day yesterday, didn’t die, sneaky scale peek this morning has me delirious! I know I know, water weight etc but it has been soooo long since I saw the scales move in a downward direction at all, please allow me my little moment of joy.
    Just feeling like I’ve taken control of my weight at last has made me feel so much more positive and energetic – wish of course I’d done it a lot sooner – but I suppose I could have done it a lot later as well. Friend posted a pic of me on facebook which has brought me back to earth that I am not yet a siren goddess. Baby steps! xx

Well done kate eve,

Celebrate your loss and watch what you eat rest of week and let us know how you have done on your official weigh in. I too had a sneaky peek at scales today and it’s also good news so far.

Audrey

Hi Kate.. no.. nor me re the flake!
    It IS so nice to weigh after a fast day.. short lived joy, alas, but it does give you a lift and keeps you motivated. So nice to hear that you are “enjoying” doing this new WOL (Way of Life). It really has to be that for all of us for the rest of our lives. We did not put weight on by accident, did we.. However, this is DOABLE.. a 6:1 maintenance is not impossible and THAT is what makes it so different from other diets. I once lost over 27 Kgs on Atkins, but got right back to where I started when I started wating ‘normally’. This 5:2 (and eventually 6:1) is so empowering.. even when you slip up, you know you can get up, dust yourself off and re-start.

Well done on your loss and keep it up.. we are all in this together.

Salma

Hi thanks Kate

Glad you are still alive πŸ™‚

Yes it does turn out to be easier than we think. As time goes on it gets easier still. I had to have a look at fist when I was fasting – I think we are really impatient to believe it will work.

Do you use My fitness Pal, or have you heard of it of you haven’t. I fond that on this site my TDEE was excessive. Yes I can imagine if you are maintaining that would be what wou need. As it stands for Total daily energy expenditure this I found was too high to lose a good amount. My fitness pal will allow you to set a target, mine was 7 stone lighter at first. Now it is under 6. I told it I wanted to lose at 1lb a week and it has set me a total calorie allowance of 1580. I don’t eat and drink to target, I am normally at most about 1200 and normally 100 lower however that is without treats (apart from the ice cream yesterday). This is only because I am on FBD and that will soon be finished. Less than a week and a half to go (it was for 6 weeks).

I find the target realistic with treats and I am happy to stay within that – even if I have the odd day over it will only be one day.

I lose steadily – I am lucky maybe, I also am careful and exercise moderately. The key to me is planning. If you plan and stick to it most days you will get your reward. I am good with knowing calories in things although if I have a food I don’t know I look it up.

I don’t really want to go through life calorie counting apart from fast days, but I will count the odd day just to check myself and I am counting now as I am on the FBD. It helps me on a temporary basis.

When I first started I did count for a while just to make sure that I wasn’t going over the top with anything and to reacquaint myself with calories.

Then I stopped until FBD.

I hope you have a loss the first week as this spurs you on. Some people don’t as the overeat on NFDs.

Hi Audrey

I have given up peeking now as I want a nice surprise once a week. I’m happy with that.

I shouted at someone today…..yes shouted, he suggested three times that maybe I was confused, the first I told him that I wasn’t the second I repeated the same on the third, i said “how dare you” and with a raised voice went on to tell him that I MOST DEFINETLY wasn’t. How patronising was that!! Well I’m glad that moment has passed. I was told something by somebody in his office and he said that they wouldn’t possibly say this!! The B***** well did!, yes it’s ok this is as bad as my language gets when I an REALLY annoyed. So you don’t need to duck, I am calmer now….I am meant to keep away from stressful situations.

Ok rant over………

Good luck all you faster a today….I am doing a days penance for yesterday’s meal out.

Ginette

Hi Salma

We must have been posting at the same time. Yes I heard about someone who had been on one of these two shakes and a meal ones. They lost stones and was hardly recogniseable as they had lost so much weight. They stopped and went up to more than their original weight. These diets cost so much as well. Very sad.

Yes 6:1 is really achievable.

I have just put in a colon and and bracket for a smile and it changed it to a little smiley face for Kate……how nice.

Have a good day Salma or are you finished now?

Ginette

A sunny morning again. Congrats Kate and everyone.
    My 5th 500 day yesterday went ok too and getting used to process [no mindless accidental noshing]– helps me to keep as busy as possible too. I added a couple of slices of ginger to my jug of water and a few mint twigs. Scales this morning are down another 1 lb… after Thur fast and nice to see even if temporary!! I do weigh daily just for curiosity but just record the Tues weight.
    I made a graph paper grid [I’m guess I’m an old fashioned gal at heart despite the online tracker] that shows all kinds of milestones to aim for: 10 and 20 lb, 1 and 2 stones [haha], every BMI category drop, 10%, half way point, and final goal…… I plan to celebrate them all! I too like a target Ginette:)
    I am famous for my summer raspberry mojitos… another fruity booze to add to yummy list I have recently read about.
    Technical difficulties solved! Don’t know if any of you have this scale problem…….. really, it IS the scales! Digital to .2 of a pound type. Yet sometimes over past year or so [when in a weighing daily mood] it would stay exactly the same for 3 or 4 days running. Impossible I say. Water etc fluctuates more than that measly .2 daily. So I started tricking it. Picked up heavy object [eg large shampoo] and got back on. This confused it to be a new person and it then gave me different weight. I still do that sometimes if it stays suspiciously exactly the same!
    Good luck all with the coming weekend! Taking my precious items back to lake tomorrow as fire is 45% contained now!!

PS Salma, I weigh first thing [post pee] take off all including earrings !

H Phoebe

Glad the fire is contained – let’s hope for rain.

I love the tricking the scales trick. Oh 10lbs too big a target…..I work in 7’s as that is half a site here….10 is too far away, maybe 5? There are two x 7lb in a stone here so it is nice to drop into the nect stone down. I am hoping for that soon.

When I was out with my son yesterday I told him about the hope for dropping into 16 stone and he said wow – you have only just gone into the 17 stone…….that did me a power of good!!

I also was told by ANOTHER person yesterday that they could see how much weight I had lost!!! I shall be walking around with a fluffed up chest soon.

It’s nice that people are starting to notice at last!!

Yes keep with setting targets they are always something to aim for.

Ginette

πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ You and Salma are so funny! I always do it in a nightdress. Earrings can stay….

I think Milena does the same apart from in Boots (a chemist or pharmacy to you). Thankfully.

Ginette

I weigh in first thing, I have scales on kitchen floor so get up have a pee go downstairs let dogs out stand with pants and bra on in cold kitchen to weigh in.

I get on and off scales 3 times to check weight is correct! Do you get the feeling we are becoming O.C.D.?

Audrey

hi Ginette, I’m happy others are noticing your efforts! PS the BMI categories are currently only 6 lb apart so that’s a nice mini-goal too! Audrey you should see my OCD colour coded graph!!

Hi Phoebe

We must calculate BMI differently as over weight BMI has a 15 lb range, obese category has a 54 lb range and I am a categories above that it was two.

Here we have Healthy, overweight, Obese, severely obese, morbidly obese – there is another one thankfully I didn’t get to this.

So you can see why it is such an event to change categories. It took me 41lbs to get into down that one. That is why I was so pleased.

I am not sure how much a I have to lose to get into the next one. I shall find out though as I need this for my next target.

Yes Audrey we definetly are…..

I forgot to say when you have travelled all the way around the world you will get a surprise….I’m not telling as then it wouldn’t be a surprise……

Ginette

Ok ginette,

I am halfway round now. I am doing 60 mins plus a day enjoying it very much. Thanks for the recommendation

Well done on weight loss and people finally noticing it is good isn’t it.

Audrey

Yes Great!

I know you will tell me when you reach England again. Last time I did it I was on my second lap around.

I thought you would like it. Looks like others are thinking about it as well. Exercise should be fun and not a chore.

Ginette

Hi there!

Nice to hear there’s been some weight loss.

Have not had a great day, a PMT/work double whammy thing, and have felt demotivated. Also didn’t do my normal thurs FD, so got a bit indecisive about when I should do it, could not decide. Finally have decided to do it tomorrow, and go back to Tue/Thurs, and Sat optional, it is a WOL but feel have been getting a bit obsessive the past few days, so want to get into a routine.

Phoebe, love the sound of the raspberry mojitos
    Ginette I love hummus but make my own, really easy, Cayenne pepper gives it a kick, btw I would’ve eaten the flake so congrats for willpower
    Hi audrey, Salma, Kate and Milena, Happy Fasting!

Evening everyone. Apologies for not dropping in but this week has been pretty awful. On Monday (which should have been a fast day) one of my cats went to a specialist for cardiac testing. It turns out he has a gene defect and his heart murmur is due to an incurable cardiac issue: he was in congestive heart failure as well. As it is he’s on a assortment of drugs to get him out of chf and, essentially, keep him alive. Gutted. Having said that, he just seems very chuffed that he’s getting a ball or two of plastic cheese twice a day (with his meds secreted inside….) and is looking a bit perkier than he was. He even elected to climb the 6′ garden fence on Weds.

Was back on track yesterday. Successful fast and although it has to be conceded that the scales don’t appear to be moving much, it looks like I’ve lost another inch round my waist. Those size 14 jeans are getting closer and closer.

Onward and downward, ever in the moment, with my cat.

Hello everyone..

Pheobe.. good trick.. I must try it with the shampoo bottle. It made me smile that you too take off even earrings. All that stuff must weigh SOMETHING.. so better without it, eh? Audrey.. pants AND bra? That’s got to be at least a pound.. no thank you! I guess I will keep weighing starkers unless I fly over to Edinburgh when Milena sends me the coordinates of the Boots that gives you a reading of 10 lbs less. In that case, I guess I will have to estimate as I don’t think it would be a good idea to take off my earrings πŸ™‚

Hi Beldyboop.. don’t worry.. we all get into these funks when nothing seems right. I was freaking out in the past month because I was unable to get back into a routine and all those outings were just sabotaging my efforts. I am still traveling and with buffets and dinners and what not, so a real challenge, but when you get your head round it, you just minimise the damage for the ‘funk’ days and then get back on track when you are feeling better. The trick is not to throw in the towel (unless you are on the scales.. towels weigh far too much!).

Really pleased for Ginette and Firehorse for the loss of pounds and inches. Wonderful to have something (people, scales, measuring tapes) affirming your loss, isn’t it.

Ginette.. I am finished with the presentations and just have to attend a long dull meeting tomorrow. I am back home on Sunday. Tonight, we had a gala dinner and, believe it or not (I hardly can), I got into an outfit that I hadn’t worn for years. I did not buy it when I was particularly slim, but I had not been able to get into it for a long time. It was only slightly tight (could have been looser) but it actually looked good. I was totally chuffed. I did my hair up and made a real effort with makeup. I EVEN only ate half of what was on my plate for every course. I only had a couple of bites of the cheesecake. I am feeling rather proud of myself and pleased to have got all this work/ enforced socialising over with. I am now back in my hotel room but I am refusing to speak to their scales (I think they refer to themselves by Slater). We maintain a state of dΓ©tente and just stay out of each other’s way.

Well.. I am going to bid all of you goodnight and sincerely hope that Phoebe’s house and Firehorse’s cat are both well, safe and far from harm.

Salma

Hi again! Ginette I think our bmi charts are similar,…. I just didn’t explain it well — within each major grouping is a range of #s. I started at top of my group: ‘Overweight bmi 25-29.9’ — Obese starts at 30 bmi. One can calculate pounds range for each ministep within, so I celebrate each time my pounds drop into the next lowest bmi #…… 29-28 just done:) 28-27 now working on:) etc which seems to be 6 -7 pounds each step and am shooting….. eventually….. for 24 bmi which is top end of Healthy! It may change for different heights…… as the bmi chart is a bit curved.
    Sorry to hear about your cat Firehorse — very stressful.Fingers crossed for you. Mine has a heart murmur too, getting worse as he ages but not that severe yet.
    And Beldyboop I make hummus too. So easy in mini blender. Mine has lots of lemon and garlic, but might add your suggestion for extra kick!

Hi Beldyboop

Hopefully things will look up again tomorrow. And with the flake….it was bad enough eating the ice cream when Milena was being so good, so the flake had to go…..I will have it next time I am there though.

Firehorse

My heart goes out to you both. I had a really sick cat twice and it is the worst thing ever to go through. I also had the brother of one of them die suddenly at two and a half years old. It was devastating. I won’t go into details as it still upsets me know 14 years later and I don’t want to pull at any heart strings. I wish you both luck and health.

The inches have it. I hope you are soon into those 14 jeans.

Hi Salma

I am glad for you that it is nearly over. I used to have to sit though some boring events. Like watching paint dry. Roll on the weekend for you and you can get back to normal life.

Well done with the food choices as well, you must have been strong willed.

Yes keep clear of those scales. They are just troublemakers.

Ginette

Hi Phoebe

Ok I understand now. Not too far to go then. It must be nice to have it within reach. I just like hitting targets, set by myself of course.

Every time I go to my doctor she weighs me so next appointment 5th of June.

I thought about getting a min blender but I am so short of space and I am not sure what I would used it for.

Ginette

Viewing 50 posts - 1,201 through 1,250 (of 5,077 total)

You must be logged in to reply.