Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

This topic contains 5,051 replies, has 218 voices, and was last updated by  vendor 3 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 5,077 total)

• Don’t go too mad at the weekend as I have always done this before dieting and I swear I’ve put more weight on to take off.
    Milena

Rice sounded lovely though. I haven’t had any since starting this. I haven’t had pasta either or baked potato. I like all three.

I haven’t really missed them. I could eat a plate and a half of pasta although I do use fairly small plates. I don’t use a normal size dinner plate unless I have salad. I feel I need more room then as it fills the plate for very few calories.

Are you ready for next week?

It really isn’t too bad and the TDEE isn’t that low you may be surprised.

Apple pie if you could really limit them I don’t see why you shouldn’t have some once in a while as long as you count them in. This shouldn’t be deprivation of anything in moderation that is what makes it work.

I don’t buy chocolate biscuits because although I can have chocolate indoors and limit myself a packet of mcvities chocolate biscuits is quite another thing. The only ones I buy are Jaffa cakes as I can eat a few at a time. Other biscuits I don’t buy.

Do than have individual packets to buy? In France they come in sixes or large packets.

Make be get them for the weekend and not during the week.

Ginette

Hi Louise mp

I have just found this while looking for something else. It says it’s for people who haven’t read the book. So maybe just right for you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W9Aj6hRYg4A

Ginette

Hi Ginette

I know exactly what you mean about McVities chocolate digestives. Only milk,
    I can take or leave dark chocolate. The only thing I binge on, could eat a packet in one sitting! A treat too far at the moment. We bought biscuits at morning break in junior school, an old penny for rich tea and Royal Scots, 2d for a jaffa cake. I could eat a packet of Royal Scots too – they stopped making them though, many years ago.

Completely agree with your comments, treating myself in Denmark completely knocked me sideways – I think I put on about 5lbs, hardest thing to get my head around was losing it. Ive lost 6lb since I got back on tbe sixteenth, I should be thrilled to lose 6lbs in a month. Because I was re-loosing (is that a word?) 5 of them, its been a frustrating month.

OH is needing a couple of ‘ordinary’ meals, so I thought to do some nice stuff for him – and he found the pate too – but doing tomorrow as a semi-fast, soup and salmon, full fast Thursday and not much Friday, should stay around TDEE on Saturday. Lamb on Sunday (probably over TDEE) then all ready for Monday.

Ref beached whale diet, planning to stop wine and coffee for six weeks. Hoping to do no treats, not sure about tea without sugar, so maybe just one or two a day. Going to try for 4kg in six weeks.

Book should be here in a couple of days. Have downloaded some sheets, weekly plans, I think. Cant find tbe app.

Its only for six weeks – how difficult can it be???? Rolmao!!!!!!

There is a beach diet thread, btw

Hi Louise

How did your first fast day go? First couple are usually the hardest, hope it went well!

Maybe we need to join that thread Monday. I think it will be easier than you are anticipating. If I was you I would limit wine not give it up. Maybe treat yourself at the weekend. It shouldn’t be a hard slog. I have been calorie counting loosely this week and found that some granary bread I was having was 140 calories a slice when I thought it was about 100. Hovis is 105 so I need to go back to this. I have another different loaf now. That tastes completely horrible I might as well eat tge bathroom sponge as there would be more flavour. That is only 84 but not worth it!

I would like to put it out for the birds although you aren’t meant to feed them bread are you.

I almost neve throw food away but I shall have to this loaf.

So as you see I have learnt something my looking at calories. We will know a lot more at the end of 6 weeks.

I love the new name for it. Beached whale diet. Very apt as this is what I would look like, no chance of me stripping off anytime soon.

Have you got an iPad?

Ginette

Just type in Google fast beach diet app and it will direct you to the App Store if you have iPad or iPhone.

I just tried it and it works.

Ginette

Hi Ginette

Im an android user, son has iphone and ipad though, but Im not allowed near it.

Trouble with wine is it give OH headaches, he is pretty much teetotal, so I drink it all, and its too easy to drink the bottle. I gave up wine for Lent last year and it was fine. Told Nessie to give up too, I drink most when she comes over.

Sainsbury does a nice seeded whoegrain loaf, tastes lovely and very filling.

Im going to buy myself a teeny bikini, and take photos to put on facebook.

If I lose 6 stone by the end of the six weeks – and 50 years!

How annoying. I have just checked for it and it seems it is coming soon….but probably not before next week.

I can’t wait to see you in a bikini. We both it seems have a lot to lose.

Wait until next summer……maybe we will have both lost a few stone….here’s hoping.

I’m off to bed now.

Ginette

Ginette – you are right about crisps, if I REALLY want them I will have them, but that hasn’t happened yet. I have read now that they have trans fats, which are not good. I need to look into this more.

We have not bought sliced bread since we began this new WOL, and yesterday we finally washed and put away the toaster. It was taking up space for no reason. If we want bread we will have a french stick, which we are having tonight with chilli and rice. Yes I know, 2 carbohydrates, but much smaller portions than pre 5:2.

After a liquids only day, then a 400 calorie fast day, followed by another liquids only day, I am sat here with a black coffee but I am not hungry. Yes, I am looking forward to my porridge with blueberries, but no more than normal.

Milena – or should I say Olive? I hope your tummy played nicely after breaking your fast. Not eating is easy, it’s starting eating again that can cause problems.

We watched the 1950’s programme, very interesting! How bland and awful the food was then. I remember our first family fridge it had a tiny freezer compartment that only fitted an ice tray and a packet of fish fingers. I find it easier to download programmes to watch Ginette as the internet speeds here are so slow and You Tube often freezes. 1960’s tonight.

Popping in to say “see” you at the end of the month. I leave early tomorrow morning for my grand adventure. I’m looking forward to everything except the air travel part. It is so stressful getting thru the airports etc.

I’ll be back on plan with a vengeance when I return. Keep up the great work!

Hi Lori

have a great holiday – Bach flower remedy Mimulus, will ease stree, Rescue Remedy if you cant get mimulus.

Travel hopefully

Hello everyone

Missed you all I broke my computer I spilt I knocked nail polish remover over it and had to get a new one. Just been reading all of the thread. Your sound as though you are all doing really well. I will try and keep in contact as you really help me. I have lost 7 lbs. I am so pleased with myself still got a long way to go but I am enjoying my new way of living and that is what I am doing now living. I enjoy my life. Ginette you give me great inspiration. On one of your threads you have lowered your TDEE would you recommend this I sometimes over compensate on my non-fast days? Also does anyone else get water retention on a fast day. My ankles swell up by the end of the day but I drink plenty of water. Hope no will speak to you tomorrow.

Hi Apple pie

When I am in France I get a long but big loaf not french bread. This the bakery slices for me and is so light I think I can get 6/8 slicesthat weigh the same as 2 English slices. I remember being ona diet once where I weighed them. Can you still download from YouTube I thought that they had stopped that.

I am going to watch the 60s one today as it is a day in. On the 50s one I was thinking how much of a better deal 5:2 was. We can eat such a variety as long as it comes within calories. It will be interesting to see how life has improved. I imagine fish fingers were quite nice not full of the things they add today. Anyone remember them? I know we didn’t have them. I tried some when my son was small out of interest but this was about 30 years ago I wasn’t impressed then.

Lori

Have a lovely time we will still be here when you get back.

Hi Mammar

Welcome back. I suffer from water retention in the heat but not especially on a fast day. it was 23 here yesterday and that was in the shade. It is meant to be hotter today, I am having a day in today. It is Fast day for me. Anyone else fasting. I get through a pint or two of water and 5 cups of tea today they are large cups as well.

I was sorry to hear about your computer. I did knock a cup of tea over a keyboard once. Luckily I don’t take sugar as it would have been ruined. I just had to wait a couple of days before it dried out.

I know that even though I reduced TDEE I still don’t eat up to my new one I. Maybe if I ate more it would help me lose. I shall soon find out after this week. I can’t see any point in having calorie dense foods just to eat more than what satisfy some me. I think it is the fact that the type of foods I am having changes. In tge old days (last year and before) I would go shopping see three bars of chocolate at a brilliant price so buy them and you have guessed the rest. I could eat them all in the same day. This seems unbelievable now. It also seemed to trigger my appetite. No chocolate wrappers in the car now and although I often buy a bigger bar this can last two or three goes within a week or two.

I also used to eat toast for breakfast as I thought I had to eat something, wholemeal I grant you. A sandwich or roll for lunch and about 4/5 when I was getting peckish toast for a snack. The most I eat now is 2 slices a day. Apart from that I had lots of other bad food habits. I did eat a lot of salad in the summer though. Not that this compensates. I was lucky that I never drank fizzy drinks. We did have tge occasional bottle of tiger when I was younger but I wasn’t drawn to them. I will have the very odd cider now nice and dry. This is probably about once a year, so I don’t worry about that. What shocking food habits I had. I also had a takeaway maybe once a week as I often worked late and didn’t fancy cooking. Now I still have a takeaway maybe every other week and I share it. We get a pensioners size chips and share the large fish. She is a pensioner. This is really nice and before I would get a normal size chips and it was huge I would never be able to eat them all and I had a big appetite I also occasionally ate pies and ice cream. I never made chips at home I always have them when I go out. The same for any other fried stuff. I always eat eggs cooked in the butter fry light at home this just makes sure the egg doesn’t stick.

My food tastes have really changed now. I don’t normally eat ready meals. I may have one on a fast day for a change. It looks natural but apart from this only occasionally whereas before I lived on them due to my late hours. I now make my own “ready meals”. This is batch cooking a lot of mince with vegetables and portioning it and freezing it it is about half mince and half vegetables. Ideal as I get it out the night before and just cook it with vegetables. I don’t really hanker after potatoes. I have them once in a while, this wasn’t a concious decision just happened since 5:2. For anyone lurking wondering about 5:2 who doesn’t eat well, I know I am not the only one who has had this happen. Join us if in doubt and find out for yourself. It may take you three weeks to get to this but it has change our food choices without any concious thought. Go on give it a go. If you are stumbling over the first week or two stick with it.

Any body else want to confess here.

Milena

Has the book arrived yet? The fast diet one I bought and then ordered the update on kindle. This may help you get in the mood for it.

Today’s meant to be hotter.

Sorry what a long ramble………

Ginette

Apple pie maybe you can find some crisps cooked in an olive oil. Rapeseed is also meant to be good I read.

Ginette thank you, so kind as always. We don’t download from You Tube. We download from a torrent sharing site, very easy.

I will confess that pre 5:2 I used to have crisps and/or salted peanuts with a gin and tonic virtually every night. Very bad for me. But no more! I now have a sparkling water with a dash of cranberry juice, no crisps. I do sometimes have a Heroes chocolate or 2 while watching tv.

Hi Applepie

Not half as bad as my confession them. Come on fasters make me feel better by your concessions. Surely I am not the only one to be out of control!

Hi getfitmadam

This is a 5:2 diet forum. Dedicated to those on the 5:2. Well done to your Mum if this is true I doubt it. But this is not the place for this even if it is.

Ginette

Spam reported, by email as my button still won’t work.

Ginette – Another confession – we also used to eat bread everyday. Either toast in the morning or sandwiches at dinner time or buttered bread with our evening meal, sometimes all 3. I have not bought sliced bread since starting 5:2

Hi Apple pie

I would have reported next time. Did you stop by choice or was it like me just happened after 5:2. I find it interesting the way lots of things change with starting 5:2. I didn’t really notice at first but looking back I have had an enormous change…..and all painless.

Ginette

Hi Lori, Go and enjoy your holiday. We will still be here putting our weight to rights.

Hi Ginette
    Yes, HIT exercise does work. But only 10 to 12 mins. I use a resistance band on different sections of the body. It certainly tones you up and much less effort. Make sure you stretch before and after.

Same here with the chocolate. Not too bothered with biscuits, but prone to a few pieces of galaxy chocolate at weekends, which I am slowly cutting down on. Like you said Milena, Have the odd binge and can easily eat a full bar once I start.
    I’m not a big drinker, but like the odd glass of red wine, which I save for the weekends.

I’m on my 2nd fast of the week tomorrow, so stick to the 500 cals and clear liquids.
    Then it will be a weigh in on Friday. Be interesting if I have lost any weight this week. I feel better in myself and my middle seems to have gone down slightly, but whether that’s the HIT or the extra walking I’ve started to do, we’ll see. I’ll post it on here.

Good luck everyone and keep with it.

Good luck for Friday. I may try hit then. I do the other more for toning although it just helps to move around. So if this tones as well it’s a winner.

I’ve just watched the 60s back in time for dinner. I can see how the sugar problem started. It this one the even got a fridge only 1 in three houses had them. 60s also showed the start of convenience food, cereals, dried ready meals and the first spaghetti bolognese.

Really interesting.

Ginette

Hi Ginette – We watched the 1960’s programme last night too. I used to love those Vesta fried noodles, but I never had them till the late 70’s when I was married. Also the spaghetti bolognaise was very advanced. I went hitch-hiking round Europe in 1974, it was my first time abroad and I had never tasted “foreign food” before I went. The first time I tasted pasta was in a Youth Hostel in Milan.

The changes we have made to our diet e.g. no sliced bread, fruit juice etc, have happened naturally. I don’t feel like I am missing out on anything, quite the opposite. I love all the new foods we eat now. Brazil nuts, Full fat Greek yogurt, Smoked salmon, rice cakes to name just a few.

Jane Cat lover – Good luck with your weigh in! We are cat lovers too. We brought our cat Lola with us to Spain. It was quite a traumatic journey but she made it and seems to love her new life here as much as we do.

Hi Applepie

I have a vague recollection of them although I don’t think have had one. I have ordered one of those old tin openers from eBay for 99p.

I can’t remember the first time I tasted pasta but about 20+ years ago ran an Italian restaurant for someone. I had plenty then.

The first supermarket I remember was called Victor Values. My treat used to go shopping with my Dad on a Friday and getting Viennese wafer biscuits, I think they did two kinds.

The amount of sugar they ate was really increasing. Maybe the next one will introduce fast food, I can’t remember when this happened.

Nice to watch and trigger memories.

Ginette

you are correct Ginette, Im watching a couple of decades ahead of you, its on after Saturday kitchen (my guilty pleasure, James Martin is a god, and of course, a Yorkshireman!!!)

90s this weekend. Fascinating! Particularly the decade of diets, fitness and fatness!

Making Jame’s slow roast lamb on Sunday, a last feast before the gladitorial battle called the beached whale diet!!!!!

Lying in bed doing my ebay work – don’t think I could ever face the rush hour ever again – trying go decide whether or not to do liquid or 393 calories.

Last night was first time I felt hungry after dinner. Though it was a normal day,shared an egg mayo sarnie with OH at lunchtime, we were in an Antique Centre in Perth, surrounded by home made bakery go die for, even had tea instesd of a latte. Then a fillet of salmon with asparsgus and two boiled eggs at six.

At ten had Alpen. Havent had supper after dinner for eons, even before 5:2.

Hi Milena

I have recorded all episodes only just getting around to watching them. Sorry that you felt hungry. I have joined the fast beach diet thread with you to get ready for next week.

I hope your book gets to you soon.

Ginette

I have just been looking at a site where they discuss why people stop or slow down losing weight

This is an extract.

4) Refeed.

Increase your calories (re-feed) for a full day periodically (once a week or so if you are heavy, twice a week if you are already lean), to restimulate metabolism. On the higher calorie day, take your calories to maintenance or even 10, 15, 20% above maintenance and add the extra calories in the form of carbs (carb cycling). The leaner you get, and the longer you’ve been on reduced calories, the more important the re-feeds will be.

If anyone would like the link to the 5 tips I shall put it here.

Maybe this is why I lose if I feel I have overeaten. I haven’t really overeaten on this diet but now will have the occasional day off and see how I do.

Ginette

A day off? Great idea, with hou on thst one!

Fast day over – unless I sleepwalk into the kitchen, though Im never in bed before midnight, so shouldnt be a problem.

Going to have three easy days, though its chicken tomorrow and fish Saturday, so not too far off the reservation.

But definitely a costa or two, and some cake – haven’t decided what cake yet might bake one. Haven’t baked this year!

Slow roast lamb shoulder on Sunday, and then starting hardcore 5:2 Monday. Ready Ginette?

How is everyone doing?

Yes I’m ready. I have just answered your post on FBD thread as well.

I have gone into eat mode today for one day only. Doing the refeed mode. I have been so good that maybe it was too good. So added a lot of carbs today to shock my body!!

Let’s hope I don’t suffer tomorrow and I hope to reap rewards…… if it works it will be quite interesting.

Send me down a piece of cake…..oh no it won’t get here before Monday……drat!!

Ginette

We had pasta last night for the first time in months. In a lovely homemade tomato sauce. It’s hard to believe it is on the naughty list, it went down so easily. With healthy mackerel and spinach, hmmm.

We might have a BBQ tonight, it’s forecasting 24 degrees. We get the most delicious BBQ spare ribs here. It’s a good job I am not on a diet!

This WOL suits me perfectly. 2, sometimes 3 days a week fasting, the other days, whatever I like. Love it, and it works.

Good luck to Ginette and Milena on the Fast Beach Diet.

Thank you Apple Pie

I hope it will be relatively easy. As least we are used to fasting so that bit will be. Calorie counting everything will be a chore though. I know it is only 6 weeks. I am sure we will still be active on this thread.

I bought the fast beach diet last night the kindle version. It was only 99p and if you haven’t got this you can download the kindle app on any tablet free. You don’t need a kindle. I thought that this was a bargain.

Ginette

An interesting fact I found from the book – government reccomended guidelines for protein are 50gms. So littles I know I have 100-150 on a fast day and more on others as this includes eggs, cheese, milk, youghurts etc.

That was a big shock. I shall measure out 50 grm of chicken next week and see what it looks like. A child’s version I imagine.

This isn’t your allowance in the book so don’t worry. Normal rules apply just stick within calorie range.

Ginette

Hello everyone..

I have been off the radar for a week or so as I have been traveling to see my sons and to busy stuffing myself that I felt bad about posting. I am sorry to report that I am completely off the wagon 🙁

I imagine that I will have the same problem as Milena when she went to Denmark. I can feel it from my clothes, but it just seemed too miserable to be fasting when I am seeing my family for just a short time.
    Judging by previous experience, I wil have gained at least 3 kgs or so. Once a few years back, I managed to gain 4 kgs in ONE week on a trip to Sicily. I gain SO fast and it takes me forever to lose anything.
    I have not stepped on a scale for a week now and am too scared to do so. I will be returning to Montreal tomorrow (Sunday) and will assess the damage then. In the meantime, today, there is brunch with son no 2 and his girlfriend and then dinner at an Ethiopian restaurant.

I keep telling myself that the whole point of 5:2 is NOT to feel guilty and to roll with the punches, as it were, but I AM worried about the gain (for sure) as I can feel it from my clothes. I guess I have been putting the “re-feeding” your body theory to the test, Ginette.. but I may have gone overboard on this one. I know Lori was also worried about the same and will compare notes when we are both back home at the end of the month. I am hoping that when I get back to my parent’s I will be able to rein it in a bit and limit the damage at least.

When is the Beached Whale diet starting? Feeling like I should be on it ! It feels like one step forward, three steps back.

Hi Salma

Milena and I are starting fast beach diet on Monday.

The refeeding was just for a day……you must have missed that bit. Hahaha

Let’s hope it comes off quicker than you anrycipate. Remember when you weigh to allow for food in transit and don’t be too depressed. The book Fast Beach diet by Amazon is available in Kindle edition for 99p. It isn’t much difference. Join the Fast Beach thread that Milena and I are on there is a link to the planner there.

You will get back on track. Don’t worry. Enjoy the rest of your time there.

Ginette

Hi Salma

missed you – I can feel your pain, however…..

time for tough talk. Ok, you came off the wagon – wont be the last time, eventually it will be on your bony ass, but as that time hasnt come yet – but it will – while you have padding you are OK – so haul yourself back on, and if you feel a push, its me and all the others.

AND my advice hasn’t changed – increases DONT COUNT!!!! They are just laybys, rest stops, blips.

I came back from Denmark with an increase, and spent a month beating myself up, why? Not a scooby, the weight was back off in a couple of weeks, though weighed myself about 300 times -slight exaggeration – definitely no more than 250 times – must stop bring a drama queen – anyway, during that two weeks the scales moved up and down like a fiddlers elbow. And has continued to move up and down for the past two weeks.

Bear in mind that I strip off for every weigh in, ok before a shower, ok if just wearing jim jams, but stripping off every time I had a pee – and god help me, dont we pee a lot? plain daft!

Net result, all extra Denmark weight off and now 80.5kilos!! Yup, since 16 March, 2.5 extra kilos back off, and another kilo off. All my faffing and worrying, and 5:2 quietly working.

Going to do the beached whale diet now. Some proper self discipline. Ive had a month of faffing, but still had treats, still had alcohol. If 5:2 works when Im doing a bit of sabotage, I wonder what would happen if Im a bit strict with myself. And, of course, helping my pal Nessie to her perfect beach bod.

So enjoy your weekend, and back in harness Monday!!!!!!

Finally, ref my dread of loose skin, Ive had a mummy tummy for 20 years, and it overhangs. Today is is overhanging a wee bit less. Noticeably less. If a fifty eight year old body can shrink, hope for all you youngsters!!!!!!

Jury is still out as to whether the boobs will become puppies ears!!!!

love mx

Hi All,

Again, sorry for the intermittent posts, but rest assured I haven’t missed reading anything. Ginette, that’s an interesting idea about refeeding. I will run that by the nutritionist when I see him on Monday, and the naturopath when I see him on Friday. It will be interesting to see what they each say.

As of this morning I am 3.1 pounds/1.4 kilos/.2 stone away from my first (and the naturopath keeps insisting ONLY goal). I’m not sure I’ll make it by Friday when I see the naturopath, but will be close at any rate. Today is my second fast day in a row. I want to give myself a fighting chance of reaching my goal before the naturopath visit at least.

I was thinking of doing two fast days in a row again next week before seeing the naturopath, but I finally get to do aerials again for a brief spate starting Thursday (the studio has been commandeered by someone else, so I haven’t done aerials since the 9th), and don’t want to mess up my strength training schedule in the meantime. Once the studio is available, I will have a period of four days to squeeze in three aerial sessions before it is unavailable again until the second week of May. Because I never fast on days when I strength train, fasting two days in a row before Friday won’t work.

However, I do intend to fast three days next week so that two will be before the naturopath appointment. Just FYI, I’ve still been working out mostly six times weekly (though last week was five)–I’m just doing HIT/HIIT or strength training each day. I joined a new gym with a Tabata (HIIT) class once weekly–though it was cancelled last week, so I did the routine the naturopath gave me instead.

In a way it will be nice to try to maintain some kind of weight. I think I will be able to relax a little at that point (remember, I’m doing 5:2 with food restrictions). I suppose I can live with having a higher weight than I would have liked–I will just have to be more careful.

The good news about the job though (in addition to the fact that I still have one–seven people were made redundant yesterday–three from my department–the honeymoon is officially over), is that I only work in the office twice a week. They have no bagel Mondays or whatever there because they’re so tight on cash. However, they do have what is meant to be beer and board games (and is in fact, grab a beer and go back to your desk and keep working) every other Friday. Although I am in the office on Fridays, the good news is that there is no food involved and I don’t drink beer, so there is absolutely no temptation for me there.

All my support to you travelers. I can certainly understand how difficult it must be to keep to 5:2 while you’re on the road. All the best to you all.

Jayney

Hi Milena

Nice talking to you. I am so pleased that you have seen the back of holiday weight the thought of you stripping off multiple times in a day to have a wee made me laugh.

Hi Janeyw

Please do run this refeeding idea past nutritionist. I would love to have an informed opinion. So pleased your job is going well.

Looks like your working hard to reduce your weight so be it now or next week you will reach that target.

So pleased you are doing something you love.

Ginette

Hi All

No drain tuna in spring water on offer at asda 6 individual portion cans £3.00.

68 calories. Nice with salad carb free noodles or whatever else takes your fancy. Has anyone ever had tuna omlette? I think I might have tuna, boiled egg and salad it would make a nice lunch.

Sorry I am posting this on a few threads to let people know.

Hi everyone,

Been a little busy this last few days.

Good news! Got weighed Friday morning and lost 3lbs. The first loss since being on the 5.2, so hopefully the start of good things to come.
    Eaten a few naughty bits, as one of my colleague’s was leaving, so has a big buffet and loads of chocs and cake going begging. Resisted myself to one piece of cake.

But got up this morning and weighed myself and went back up 2 lbs.
    I’ll leave next weigh in till after my next fast day, which will be next Monday.
    That will be the last one then for 2 weeks, as I am off on holiday. Going to the States, New York, then L.A before boarding a cruise up the Pacific Passageway. I will be back May Day Bank Holiday Weekend.

Hi Ginette,
    interesting about the refeeding. Keep us updated on this.
    Just having tuna myself for tea. Its in brine, and having a jacket potato with it with some salad.

Hi Jayney,
    Hope your new job is going ok?

Hi Salma, nice to have you back on the thread. Hope everything went well?

Milena, hope you haven’t gained too much. Keep us posted as to how you go.

Take care.

Hi Jane

Well done you. At least you know that when you come back from the holiday you can get back into it. It sounds as if you have a lovely time planned.

I haven’t had Jacket potato since I started this. Maybe an idea to have a small one weighed of course.

Ginette

Hi Ginette,

True. Will be difficult to control food, especially on the cruise, but like you say… I’ll be straight back on it once I’m back home. This holiday has been planned for nearly a year, so its nice to be finally here.
    Pity I didn’t find this WOL long before now. Could have been a lot slimmer for the holiday. Ah Well… There’s always the next one!

As for potatoes… I tend to have them at least once a week, or sometimes a couple of times a week, mostly in Jacket form. Mainly for Sunday lunch and possibly one other time as a quick meal with a healthy topping.

I have them about twice a week as well once in Sunday and the other during the week normally wedges as I only have a few. I love them and once could have eaten them every day but 5:2 changed that.

Enjoy your holiday and come back refreshed. Ready to start again. It does take a couple of weeks to settle in but then it’s usually plain sailing.

Ginette

Hi Jane,

Except for the distressing news about the loss of my co-workers, my job is going well. In fact, my manager had yesterday off (when the announcement was made). I sent her my notes from the meeting (as she’d requested me to do), and shortly thereafter the company vice president sent a company-wide email explaining the layoffs in detail. Nevertheless, my manager made it a point to contact her manager to confirm that he is very happy with her work and mine (what little I’ve done so far), and that neither of our jobs are in jeopardy. Despite the fact that it was her day off, she wanted to do that so I would be reassured that the layoffs of the day would have no effect on my job before the weekend. Given that, I’d say my job couldn’t be going any better!

Many thanks for your support,

Jayney

Hi Janeyw

phew, you are like a mini hurricane blowing through, determination and bloody mindedness – inspirational as always! So much so that Im taking a leaf out of your book, doing six weeks of hardcore 5:2, so wish me luck, dont have aerials, though Im beginning to wish we had them, I would probably look like a circus elephant – and I dont mean a cute one – but heading to the gym a bit sooner than planned – gonna have a go at zumba as well, though I’ll certainly look like a baby elephant there!

Good luck with the last bit of weight, though I know you will do it!

Jane C, enjoy the holiday, sounds wonderful! Wish I was there, and you’re not even gone yet!!

Ginette, lovely chatting with you – have you seen the thread discussing the refeed you mentioned. Simoclev made a good point, which I thought was spot on, worth a read. He discusses longterm fasts, I find the idea that someone can fast longterm, a true water fast that is, thought provoking.

For someone who is a grazer, Im amazed I can go nearly 40 hours, on water, even more amazed I dont eat us all out of house and home at the end of it.

Talking of which, how is Miss slender – hope that sounds better than skinny minny – what I would give to be called just that, Applepie!!! Any liquid fasts this week? Fabulous weightloss!

And how is tomato sauce on the naughty list??? Mackerel with tomato sauce sounds horrid, just because of the fish in tins with tomato sauce, but Ill bet it is really delicious. Used to fish for mackerel of Tynemouth, we would chase the shoals just off the beach in our little boat, and of course the prize catch was the cod which swam with them.

Had a glass out of my bottle of red wine tonigh, having the rest of it with my lamb tomorrow, so please have the odd glass for me until June.

Im beginning to feel its my last meal before the firing squad!

Miss slender? Skinny minny? I wish! tell that to the oh so unforgiving mirrors in Primarks changing cubicles. Lumps and bumps everywhere. It was the pasta that was / is on the naughty list, but I did enjoy it.

We had our first BBQ of the summer last night, unfortunately my OH cremated the lovely ribs, he reckons he will know next time.

There is a very tempting tapas trail going on here at the moment. A tapa and a drink (wine or beer) for 2€, or a larger fancier tapa and drink for 2.50€. We could be sampling that later on our usual Sunday walk.

Weigh in day tomorrow. Also a fast day to be followed by liquids only on Tuesday.

Enjoy your slow cooked lamb milena, it sounds lovely, and enjoy your fast beach diet, you can do it! Salma you will soon get back in the swing of things, when you are ready.

Hey Milena,

Many thanks for your support. I’m thrilled if I can inspire you in any way. In my faith, one of the best things a person involved in it can do is to inspire others–this is what we all strive to do. Many thanks again, and please know that even if I don’t post a lot, I’m rooting for you! I think if you stick to hardcore 5:2 for the next six weeks you’ll be quite pleased with the results–that could inspire you to continue afterward.

You might feel like it’s your last meal before the firing squad now, but it might help if you keep track of any body changes through the process. See if moving is easier or if particular body parts are effected positively. I think that’s a good enough stretch of time that you might notice a lot of positive results, which could inspire you to continue after that. Just a thought. I hope all goes well, and you have my complete and unconditional support.

Another thing I meant to mention is that this past Friday I attended a clothing exchange sponsored by a local aerial school where I used to rent practice space. Since I’m not yet at my goal I’m trying to avoid buying clothes until I a) settle on a true target weight and b) reach that goal. On Friday I was able to trade some of my larger clothes that I sincerely hope never to be able to wear again for smaller sizes that actually fit me. I even found a pair of work trousers that fit perfectly at the waist. They were way too long (most trousers usually are on me), so a dear friend took them up for me (I’m picking them up Sunday (perhaps today for many of you). That way I can wear them at work this week (instead of having to wear trousers that are falling down all the time. This should hold me over until I reach the point where I can go shopping. Do you have clothing exchanges where you are? Just curious, as you might find that helpful.

Jayney

Good morning/afternoon everyone,

Tha nks for all your suppport.
    I will weigh myself Monday morning (like you Milena, I take EVERYTHING off when I do that, even hair clipps!) and report on the damage, and will take it from there. Nice thought about the padding protectinng you when you fall off wagons 🙂

Good luck with the start of the Fast Beach Diet. I would love to join in, but realistically, I would not be able to stick to it for the next ten days r so before I am back home, so I won’t even try because if I commit and then fail it would be too depressing. I want to take things in smalll steps. However, I am rooting for both of you guys. Ginete I will get the book and have a look at it and maybe get inspired to start once I am home. If it does involve weighing and counting every mouthfull of food though, it might be too challenging for me.

Have a great Sunday.

Hi Janeyw

Yes so sorry about the loss of your coworkers. I know what redundancy feels like I have been through it twice. The last time was last July. Makes your self esteem dive as well as the practical issues of not having a job.

It is hard to celebrate keeping yours as I have also been in this position.

Ginette

Hi Salma

You can join us later in the fast beach.

I am sorry to say the book has gone up on Amazon now. Must have been a special offer.

It is now 4.79

Ginette

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 5,077 total)

You must be logged in to reply.