Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

This topic contains 5,051 replies, has 218 voices, and was last updated by  vendor 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 5,077 total)

• I’m with you Milena

I don’t want to be on a constant diet. Also I don’t want to lose weight too quickly 1-2 a week is fine also the odd half a lb week would be ok at this moment. I don’t want the loose skin problem and hopefully by toning it will be less of a problem.

I love my food and I am very willing to ristict two days a week possibly even three but I want the option of eating TDEE other days if I feel like it. I shall be aware of what I am eating as I don’t want to slide back down that slippery slope. Hence the reason I have left my other two eggs in the car.

I will trust myself with them next week when I am back to exercising normally. Until then they can stay in the car.

After my excesses of yesterday I think this is best. Fast day when I wake up.

Graham

I am pleased that you have found something that you feel is for you. Also be aware that you may find this too restrictive. We will hopefully be there to help you when you do.

I had salad today as a meal, the first time this year and Gammon which I love with boiled potatoes. Tomorrow I will have the same but all weighed and measured and probably only 1 very small potato mixed with salad.

I am quite looking forward to fast day. It may be difficult but it will put me back on an even keel.

I am walking less like John Wayne today, although I have had my moments.

Hi to anyone I haven’t mentioned.

Ginette

Hi All, this is my first day at this forum. I have been on this diet regime for the last two months and have lost 2 kilos net. But the problem is that it drops and then goes up and then another week of fasting and then it drops again. So sometimes it is very strange and it does not work the way that I expect. I weighed myself today and it has shoot up another few hundred grams. Very demotivating!!, But, I must tell you that it was almost impossible for me to loose weight before this unless off course I start to run and do heavy exercises. So, overall, I am very happy with it. Hope I can loose another couple of kilos in coming months. That is my goal!

Milena, we must have crossed emails as we were saying pretty much the same thing.
    Loss of weight should not equal loss of pleasure. Am with you all the way.

Welcome Chattsuparna.. don’t despair. A 2 kg loss is great. I was like you and unable to lose any weight, but the ony thing shifting it is this new WOL (Way of Life). I am losing very slowly and the weight shoots up when I have had a normal day and goes down after a fast day, but no matter! The important thing is that the TREND is downward and not upwards. Persevere, and come with us on this journey.

Ginette.. am glad you are feeling better. Should the pain have lasted this long? It has been a few days, no?

Just had my dinner. Still on the straight and narrow. Hurray!
    Tomorrow: Caffe Latte and a proper breakfast. Lunch in a Greek restaurant. Can’t wait.
    Good night y’all.

Hi Salma

It was Thursday evening when I last exercised. It was completely diffefent to tge exercises I normally do and was also using diffefnt muscles. I will be ok to exercise tomorrow. I will avoid this particular exercise until a few days time. I have just read an interesting article about exercise and how beneficially it is to get out of breath. Good as I am often out of breath when doing it.

Hi Chattuparna

Yes like Salma my weight fluctuates during the week. I only record my weight once a week two days after my second fast day.

Maybe you are losing inches, have you measured? Are you checking your food on a non fast day to make sure you are staying within TDEE. I have set my TDEE at 200 lower than in it and I will need to reset it as I lose weight. If you are not used to calories in food it is an idea to count for a couple of weeks to get the hang of it. From there you may find that you are happy to estimate it.

I have worked with calories for years. I only count every last one on a fast day. I think I could probably estimate that now, but I would rather count. Maybe there is a reason for lack of weight loss. My fitness pal is useful to help count calories. A bit time consuming but useful especially at first.

Good luck with 5:2. You will get lots of support here.

Ginette

Now that salad weather is here. Have a look at this video, I shall definitely be trying this!

How to shell a boiled egg the easy way……..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-3027485/New-video-shows-30-second-trick-peeling-hardboiled-eggs-using-glass-water-ten-seconds-vigorous-shaking.html

Thanks a lot Salma and Ginnette K for your support.
    It is very nice to communicate with fellow participants regarding the issues and ways of following the Diet plan.
    Thought I really think that it is hardly a diet, so to say, it is more like an “way of life”.
    This is so flexible as to when and how you will diet.
    I have lost inches from my waste and lost weight as well, but sometimes it is a bit frustrating!

Wooowooo, Milena coming to Spain? bring it on. As for a slice of the strawberry gateau, think again, it all went. Mind you, plenty more in Mercadona 🙂

Just sipping my hot ginger, looking forward to my fast day. It is our community AGM this morning but I don’t really want to go. People get all worked up about all kinds of issues then life just carries on as usual.

Happy fasting!

Good Morning!

Up and ready for another day of boot camp. I’ll be taking off tomorrow as I have to be to work early for a meeting.

I had a successful fast day yesterday. I always fear that Monday fasting will be rough since I’ve just come off a weekend of eating, but that is never the case. I find my 2nd fast of the week harder. I’ll be having a Wednesday fast this week instead of Thursday as my sister is coming for a visit and we’ll want to go out to eat on Thursday when I get home from work. She’ll be here thru the weekend.

Wow…time is flying this morning, time to run. Have a great day, fasting or not!

Oh…scale was down for a nice drop this morning! YAY!

Good morning one and all.
    Fast say over and hoping it has counteracted some of the recent indulgence.

I hope your fasting day goes well Applepie. Are you doing a fast today AND a liquid only on Wednesday? Wow.. I imagine that is tough.. you are a better man than I!

Lori, congratulations ofn the weight loss. It is wonderful when that happens. I hope that bootcamp was good (by the way, I like the 80/20 thinking of your bootcamp instructor.. S/he seems to have a balanced atitude to life. I like that). I also think that Mondays are going to be tougher than they turn out to be. Yesterday, I doubted that I would be able to do it with everyone around me tucking in, but I did. I feel good that I could despite the temptation to throw the towel in. Fasting on holiday is not easy, but not impossible. I hope I will be able to stick to at least one fast day a week, My next planned fst is Thursday.

Ginette.. what can I say, thank you for the hard boiled egg video. I will definitely try it and rerport back. I normally do an approximation of what they did but just by cracking the shell open by rolling it on a worktop, but it doesn’t always work. Maybe this is the answer! Interesting article about huffing and puffing through exercise, but I still think I will stick to my milder ways. It just seems like too much work. I do go to the gym and workout, but I couldn’t be at high intensity all the time. I prefer walking and less sweaty pursuits.

I am off to have a proper breakfast, but wish all fasters today a good day.

Hi everybody. Apologies for yesterday, I was in a very bad mood. Probably all this talk of chocolate and ice cream. Next time it happens just give me a good hard slap!

Made the mushroom sauce with creme fraiche but didn’t really take to it, so have found another which uses red wine and no cream of any sort. Having mince with bolognase sauce again tonight, but I’m going to have to tweak Nigella’s recipe as it was a little bit runny last time, maybe strain the chopped tomatoes. Also need to go buy some Oxo Cubes.

Anyone want two tubs of creme fraiche before I dispose of them, though you’ll have to come to Cumbria for them?

Graham.

Lori congratulations on your drop, well done!!

Salma I find it easier to do my liquids only day the day after a fast day because my body is cleaner, I will definitely have no alcohol in my system which might make me crave carbs. I just never seem hungry the day after a fast day and I get a good head start as my evening meal on a fast day consists of thin vegetable soup. I like the thought of the health benefits that a complete fast gives you. I might start doing 2 liquids only days, see how that goes?

Whatever works 🙂

Graham..sorry you didn’t care for the mushroom sauce recipe. Live & learn, right? I do love a good sauce of any sort.

No worries about yesterday. We all have “those” days. The important thing on a forum like this is to respect everyone’s opinion and just do what works best for you. It’s no harm in sharing viewpoints, but we all have different ideas.

Have a great day!

Hi Salma

Another one for you. How to peel an orange. Really clever as it takes so long and I get really sticky fingers as well. Music is annoying but outcome is good.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1168550/Life-Hack-Fastest-way-peel-orange.html

A day of liquid, I am not sure if I could manage. I like to have something to look forward to in the evening.

Hi Graham

I make a mushroom soup and use creme fraiche. It is lovely in that. It is a shame that you are so far away or I would come and get it. Can you use opinions? I suppose not as they are grown below ground as is garlic?

I like wine is sauces though.

Well done on your loss Lori.

Applepie your weekend looked lovely. What is the temperature their now?

Ginette

Sadly Ginette today it is cold and windy, but it is just a blip. Forecast to be back to normal tomorrow.

About peeling the orange, isn’t the latest advice to peel the orange, throw away the inside, and eat the peel?? We have a kumquat tree. I used to find the fruit very bitter but since we hardly eat sugar now they taste lovely, and you eat the whole thing, has to be good for health.

Hi all

well done Lori!!! Salma, even more well done for hanging onyo the towel!!

drum roll, get the trombones and the trumpets out!!!!!!

Finally, 81 kg!!!!!!!

What a palaver, you may remember i got to 81.5 on march 12th, up to 84+ by the 17th, and Ive been merrily bouncing between the two ever since. Fair made me dizzy, and I dont think all that jumping used up a single cslorie.

But finally got below, now into second quarter of my dream loss and into second third of my ‘please let it happen’ loss.

Onwards and downwards now, with luck.

Travel hopefully.

Well done Milena. It’s really good to reach a target. I have set one to reach by 15th May for a wedding.

Applepie sorry about your weather. I am not sure I fancy eating the peel of an orange though no matter how good it is for me.

I have never tasted Kumquat though.

milena, that’s fantastic, well done!! onwards and downwards 🙂

Ginette, but I do have something to look forward to on my liquids only day, a lovely rich mug of bovril for my evening meal. And I also look forward to feeling that little bit slimmer next morning. Kumquats are like mini oranges but a bit more oval shaped. I have recently started eating some of the peel of mandarin oranges. I don’t know how much good it it doing me.

Having a good fast day, 1/2 a grapefruit for breakfast, 5 olives and a tiny bit of fuet for dinner. I am really looking forward to my vegetable soup tea. Then it will be an early night.

I am loving my Wii Fit, I enjoy the jogging chasing the cat, and Kung Fu most.Thanks Ginette for the advice.

I am so please that you are enjoying it. I used to do that jog and do occasionally now. I also progressed to the 20 min one. I used to Di it as soon as I put the kettle on in the mornings.

Have you tried the other games yet a lot of them require the balance board.

Keep me updated with your progress.

I am looking forward to something to eat tonight. Chicken and salad for a change.

Ginette

Hi guys..

Applepie.. I have a WONDERFUL recipe for a Christmas fruit cake that includes mandarin and lemon peel (fresh). Could that be included in the regimen? 🙂

Oh my…this talk of citrus peels makes me shudder. Not a fan AT ALL. I find it so bitter. If there is even a little orange peel is something I don’t eat it.

Nice try Salma…..or do you think the fresh peel would undo the cake part of the Christmas goodie? 🙂 ROFL! I like the way you think!

Having a busy day at work today, which is good. Makes the day keep moving.

Haven’t eaten much today so I’d better have a good dinner! Another Fast day tomorrow so I need something under my belt today!

Are you thinking of making it now or at Christmas????

You could always call it Whitsun fruit cake, in which case you had better get started!!!

And give us the recipe!!

I only make this cake at Christmas. It is drenched in whiskey, wine and brandy. I guess that is why you would not taste the bitterness of the peel. the peel of mandarins, lemon and oranges is soaked in all the alcohol and juice overnight. mmmmm.. trust me (especially Lori) , this is a very special cake. My theory is that the alcohol evaporates – so you can discount the calories – and, indeed, the peel counteracts the other goodies. That is my theory, and I am sticking to it 🙂

I do not have the recipe on hand as I am traveling, but since it is some way to Christmas, I promise to share as soon as I am back.

I am hoping that by that time, we will all be so much less that it will be okay to have something so moreish.

Milena.. congrats on the 81 Kgs. I am aiming to be your neighbour on the scales by mid August.. so quite a long time to go, by which time you will be so ahead of me. I am 7 Kgs away from 81, 80 is my near target.. so you are sooo near MY target 🙂

Good luck to those fasting tomorrow, or worse yet, on a liquid diet (although the Bovril does sound wonderful. I should get myself some too)

Salma I love the sound of your Christmas cake. Lets hope we are doing maintenance by then. How are your travels going? Where are you?

Ginette, I have tried a few of the other games, hula hoop is another of my favourites. The body test tells me my BMI is ideal, which is a bit far fetched. I still need to lose another stone to get to my ideal weight. My waist to height ratio is out by 5 inches. It is funny when it tells me my fitness age, it reckons I am 70 +, just because I don’t know how to do those particular exercises. But I am glad I got it and they delivered to Spain no problem, it came within 4 days!

Good drop on the scales today after my fast day, it will be even more tomorrow after liquids only day today. But I am not daft, I know that is temporary so my weigh day is Monday. I will be happy if only a small part of the drop remains.

Hi all

Applepie, ready for today? Just checking, liquid only, thought Bovril a great idea, but don’t have it. No marmite. Not even an oxo cube .

Reminds me of after swim drinks!

I do have some red wine – would that be ok?

Figured on an empty stomach, if I drink a couple of bottles might pass out, would certainly make the day short!!!

Or am I going off pisht????

milena – ever ready, that’s me! Like your red wine idea, if only haha!

I have had a hot ginger,a water flavoured with cranberry (a tiny drop) and a black coffee up to now, not eaten since thin vegetable soup last night at 7pm. Hungry – no, slightly irritable – yes. My OH is tidying up, except when he does it he asks me where every single thing goes grrr!

Hi all.
    Jaynew thank you I’m doing a 3 day fast this week but so pleased when got on scales as lost half a pound your right ginette I always thought lots of pounds but as you say half is still good. One more fast day tomorrow. Congrats to all for getting through the Easter weekend I always felt guilty for eating sweet things but my taste buds are really altering I no longer have sugar something I thought I would never be able to do but still struggling with starchy foods.

Hi Salma

You started a wee bit behind, I’ll be dragging you all the way to maintenance to make sure you keep up. And I won’t mind at all if you come closer or overtake (though that would certainly spur me on).

If I have to wait until the Christmas break (ha, you can see how my mind works) for this cake, we need a whitsun cake, or a halfway through the year cake. Just been reading the Tesco Easter magazine. Lovely raspberry and cream cake, 1000 calories a portion. And you can bet a Tesco portion is less than ours. Makes me realise how putting weight on was really so easy. Would once have gone back for seconds, now the thought of eating it made me feel a bit queezy.

Will have to be careful I don’t turn into a zealot. Though did occur to me that if I did an extra fast day I could have a piece!!!

Travel hopefully and drink lots of water, it’s going to be warm today!

Hello ladies.

Ginette, I just watched the orange peeling video. Thanks! This will come in handy when I make my Christmas cake 🙂 The video had an ad about emails that I also loved. I found myself watching the whole ad, which is something I usually skip. So, thanks for bot.

Applepie, I am in Montreal at the moment and having a really tough time keeping to a reasonable amount of food as my mom’s passion is cooking and she is a wonderful cook. Good food is always around.

Milena, I don’t think you can turn into a zealot if you tried (Thank goodness). The mere fact that you would consider – even fleetingly – fasting for a whole day so you can have your cake and eat it is enough evidence. Zeal – particularly about food – is so dreary isn’t it? I do like your time travel tip though, maybe I should get a couple of wine bottles for the journey?

Both parents maintain a good weight despite having a good breakfast, lunch and supper. Alas, their daughter is not so blessed. In fear of going all over the place, I got myself some cheap scales from the pharmacy and weighed myself this morning. Up by 1.5 Kgs! (sorry Milena, I am breaking your rules). this despite having fasted on Monday. Of course, it might partially be the change in scales, but it is still a bit disheartening. Still, I think it is better than to not know and have a terrible shock in 3 weeks when I am back home. will try to fast tomorrow and maybe make myself a vegetable soup today in preparation, or maybe a lentil soup (Would anyone like my lentil soup recipe? It is rather good with onions, cumin and cinnammon).

This is not helped by trying to fight off a cold.. I may have brought it on by my walk outside when it was snowing. Sometimes, it seems like you just can’t win. You are so right Milena, it is so easy to gain weight, I don’t understand how the skinnies do it.

So, this is my whinge for the day.. I hope to report better news as the week progresses. Wish me luck.

Milena

I can see that you would love a piece of that cake. Please don’t wish the year away, especially with the nicer weather coming up. Although I really suffer in the summer with the heat. Applepie I couldn’t cope with more than late 20s as I am really struggling if it gets that hot.

Put that cake out of your mind and leave it there for a few months. We can have a Whitsun sugar and fat free cake any ideas on a recipe. Years ago I used to know someone who baked sugar these. They were ok.

Not in touch with her any more though.

Applepie weighing on a Monday, not for me. I weigh on a Friday only this week it will be Saturday. My weight fluctuates by about 4 lb in the week. I always hold onto water when the weather is warm.

I was useless at hula hoop as well. Try the cycling. This is just walking up and down on the spot, sometimes faster than others if you need to get up a hill or go over grass. This is always looking for flags and you can’t get to the finish line unless you get them. You use the Wii remote as handlebars. On the first one there are thirteen flags and you can see them in a map which comes up on screen. You have dog helpers here.

It took me a while to try them all, I would try them about 3 times before I decided if I likes them or not.

Milena and Salma

What great news having maintenance in sight.

Hi Mammar

My weight loss always shows up two days after the last fast day of the week. So if I fast on Monday and Wedsnesdays it shows up Friday. This week I have chosen Tuesday and Thursday, because of Easter. Stick with it you may get a nice surprise.

I do weigh myself almost daily as I find it interesting to see the fluctuations. It has always had a 4lb difference within the week. I really like the new scales. That haven’t got a back light so sometimes can be a bit dark. I can’t get the fat monitor to work on the scales though. These are the ones from Aldi. I know someone else bought a pair on here. Any tips?

Ginette

Hi Ginette

Love the positive thinking, I think Salma and myself are looking forward to being in maintenance sometime in 2015!

I think we will all face this summer with less dread than previous summers. Won’t that be wonderful?

My size 14 jeans arrived yesterday. Thought I would try them on for a laugh. It was! Of course having half my excess weight in my thighs doesn’t help, and bear in mind that I haven’t yet said goodbye to size 18 (or for that matter my hobo size 20s, never has a pair of jeans been so comfy).

Anyway, got them up to my bum, though the overall effect was somewhat somewhat akin to Vesuvius erupting – a great deal of the rest of my excess is on my bum and thighs! Obviously done in the confines of my bedroom. Not here to give my OH and son cheap laughs. The cat, being a girl, was permitted to view, but she soon got out of the when I fell over pulling to hard and losing my balance.

But, not too long ago heaving and shoving my bulk would have given me a deep depression -and not just where I sat on the mattress! Instead I got a fit of the giggles.

Slavering on the body cream, dunno how I’ve managed to accumulate 25 bottles and jars of the stuff, not counting foodstuff like coconut oil and olive oil. The amount I’m using though, should last about a fortnight. Found one of those dry brushes to brush my skin before showering.

One of the mysteries of the universe, I have never dry brushed, never thought of doing it, I’m the only woman in the house and yet I have one of these brushes in my bathroom drawer, together with loads of body creams which I also never use.

Will report on the effects on my loose skin and on my sex life. Could be losing my grip on my sex life though!!!

Travel hopefully

Ginette – I have tried cycling, I kept going too fast and couldn’t find the flags. I didn’t feel like it was doing me much good either. The one where you are a bird is hard to get right.

milena – you sound like the opposite shape to me. I could do with a bit more on my hips / bottom and my legs have always been slim, unlike my top half. Reports on sex life!!? TMI 🙂

Milena…you are a hoot! Your posts always put a smile on my face. I can picture you toppling over while trying to get the jeans on and can see the cat darting out of the room! ROFL!

Salma…do you best while visiting your folks. I’m sure there is lots of yummy food that you won’t have the opportunity to eat again for some time. Enjoy!

Applepie…I know just which game you are talking about on the Wii. The one where you flap your arms and try to land on top of pillars? Too funny! It is hard, you are right!

I’m with Ginette…don’t wish the year away even if you are anxious for that cake! I want the summer to last as long as possible. I have lots of golf to play!

Rainy and dreary here today. Lots of coffee & hot tea in my future. I’ll need it both to help me thru my fast day and to keep me awake!

Hugs all around! (((Hugs)))

Hi Milena

You will get there. If you are in a size 18 wouldn’t it be better to have tried in the 16? Just a thought!

You sound as if you are pear shaped like myself. Imagine Applepie WANTING a bit more on her hips. If only I had a magic wand……sigh……

Applepie it took me about 7 minutes to find them. You can press one of the buttons to enlarge the map. Maybe try the rhythm parade. That is good fun. Yeas the bird is good and works the stomach muscles, but can be difficult at first. The pinball works hip, back, stomach and of course brain as you have to add up.

I have never heard of drybrushing. Care to expand?

Ginette

Hi Ginette,actually I’m hourglass, GG cup size,never understood anyone wanting false G cup blobs.

Hourglass? Who am I kidding? I’m like a yoyo, fat on top fat on bottom, but I go in.

Which brings me to another point which I’ve been pondering. In ‘the book’ – just read, Michael says measure the girth, around the belly button.

My waist is just under my bust around 4 inches above my belly button. It was a bit further south at one time, however the bust is journeying south.

The difference between my girth and my waist is 9 inches, 33 inch waist, 42 girth and 44 hips.

Healthwise, my waist is not too far off half my height, some way to go on my girth then!!!

Even though I’m 5ft 2.5″ inch, I’ve a 29 inch inside leg. Very short body.

I think it would be impossible to get my girth half my height.

OH and son both measure waists thru belly button, is it just different for us girls?

Hi. Lori

Then my work is done!

Applepie, how are you doing. 2pm here, just fizzy water and lemon, just 7 or 8 hours to bedtime (going early tonight).

Boys have just had bacon sandwiches – the smell does linger – but I’m planning my revenge!

About an hour ago I was starving! dreaming about the sausage on toast I used to have every day in my UK office job, no wonder I got fat. But I had a black coffee and I am ok. I am getting the Wii Fit out now to burn a few calories. Looking forward to my bovril and an early night.

Milena, how lucky you are to have a waist that goes in. My waist is 36″, I still need to lose 5 inches for the measurement to be half my height. If only I could take some off my waist and add it to my hips. I can never get jeans to fit me 🙁

Right Wii time!

My waist measurement hasn’t really moved in about a month. I know what you mean about measuring around belly button. My widest point.

Well done to all the liquids only people. I decided to forgo carbs for a change at lunch time so had hunters chicken (very small) 273 calories an egg and salad. So not bad. This is the only thing I have eaten so far.

Yesterday had a Turkish delight yoghurt by Muller…….I found it too sweet! Is this my taste changing I wonder.

Ginette

Glad I’m not the only one with a belly button in the wrong place!!!

Re sweet taste, should really have had a decent meal the night before a liquid fast, but ended up with a chicken wrap, with peppers and mushroom as had to drop of car at garage yon side of Edinburgh, so had a small latte and half a dairy milk McFlurry. Not too sweet at all.

Ooops!

Must beg to differ milena. I think a thin vegie soup is the ideal meal to have the evening before a liquids only day. My OH had all kinds of rubbish last night after I went to bed. I don’t know where he puts it all. Anyway he is a lot more hungry than me today. I also have in my favour the fact that I have no idea what a McFlurry is, but it sounds calorific.

I don’t care how hungry I get, I will not give in. But I have carefully planned all tomorrows meals, crumpet for breakfast, thick vegie soup for dinner, then a roast chicken tea with a prawn cocktail starter and copious vino tinto. Not that I am thinking about food ………… much haha.

Oh Applepie

Dreaming of food and not asleep yet, Masterchef might be tricky tonight!

Haven’t planned all meals but poached eggs on WHITE bread for breakfast! No wine, unless I hit 80kg, then it’s champagne!

Defeats the object I know.

Vets first thing, my dying cat is now full of life, stopped walking in circles, but now has a cold. Live cats cost so much more than dead ones!

Ahhh another advantage. We don’t have UK tele, so we only watch what we download, with no adverts!

No wine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I couldn’t do that.

Vets are expensive here too. We were worried about our cat Lola, she went off her food a bit a few days ago, even tuna, but she is eating ok again now. We brought her here with us when we moved, wouldn’t be without her.

Hi all, just home from work and catching up on all your messages. I am trying to delay dinner for a little while so I am not hungry all evening and then open to temptation. I am classic Apple shape. Much healthier to have weight on your hips and not round your heart etc. My trousers are loose but tops still fit me which is disappointing although they do hang better.
    Friend has just rung and we are going for a walk so that is good. Got the snuffles today so hope it’s an allergy and not a cold.
    Good luck everyone tomorrow. A fast day for me.

Hi Applepie

How did it go for you?

I found it surprisingly easy, just have a few glasses of water, a couple with a squeeze of lemon.

Kept away from even tea.

OH has bought a loaf of white bread, a very rare thing now in our house. Son argued for half an hour that we should share the crusts, which I had bagged.

He finally gave up, then buttered a crust for me. Knowing, of course, I couldn’t eat eat. So he ate it!!!

I’ve disowned and disinherited him of course.

Off to bed now to dream of my eggs on WHITE toast.

Travel hopefully

Hi Milena

Well done on keeping strong and imagine your son eating it in front of you.

I am Lucy that I get a lot of encouragement from my son, (as I am sure you do) he desperately wants me to lose weight. He is worried that I might have a stroke or worse (his words). I thinks the fact that we have lost a few people in our family over the last few years has caused his worry. For the first time ever he bough me an egg. I think this is a measure of how well he thinks I am doing.

He is doing it to, but by guesswork. He has lost about a stone since January. Enjoy your white bread I hope it is nice white bread. I have it once in a while when I fancy it as well. Hot chicken goes well in a french bread roll.

Hi Topsy

Like you my tops hang better and skirts are getting looser. I just seem to be losing inches around the waist berry slowly. I’ll get the buggers soon though!! I know I am losing weight elsewhere so I just have to wait for my waist to catch up. I see a health trainer every six weeks and he always measures my waist. It is the last one at 6 weeks and then I have two updates at 3month intervals. After the last one I need to wait 3 months and then I can refer myself back to him. This is all through the NHS. I must say he is supportive.

It is run at my doctors surgery.

I know about vets bills I had one last week for £80 a course of antibiotics later and anti inflammatorys seem to be working. He is only 18 months old as well. Vet thinks it may be a water infection.

I am so pleased to hear that your cat is better Milena.

Hi Applepie. I hope that the day is now at an end for you and tomorrow is an eating day. I exercise to take my mind off of food as well.

Just thought I would copy a comment from another thread here as it might be nice to try these.

Comment below from rayofsunshine

“Today was a fast day and tonight I have made chicken Chow Mien, absolutely gorgeous, I’ve made it the same way as I usually do with Chinese 5 spice, light soy sauce, mushrooms, spring onions and I used chicken breast fillet. The only difference was I substituted egg noodles for Bare Naked Noodles. I just added these noodles to the pan after I’d cooked everything else and they soaked up flavours. they sell them in Morrison’s, they are low 0.1g carbohydrate per 100g, zero fat, low calories 8 I think, gluten free, sugar free. I saw these on Dragons Den and their website says they can be cut up small to be like rice. It was a very filling meal and tbh I thought I’d eaten too much but I’m actually under the 500 calories and I even had eggs for breakfast. Has anyone else tried these?”

I have looked them up and they sound interesting. They are £1.99 in Morrisons.

So not cheap but seem a good idea for fast days. Maybe a treat every couple of weeks. They also sell them at Holland and Barratt.

Graham they would be good for you as 0.1 carbohydrates.

Let me know if you have tried them and what they were like.

Ginette

Good morning All, Yes I lasted the day, and night. When I decide to do something nothing changes my mind. I really enjoyed my bovril then a lovely sparkling water with a drop of cranberry juice watching Corrie and Phoenix Nights.

I was already dreaming when you posted milena. Your son! how could he?? I don’t have bread in the house, I haven’t bought any since 5/1/15. Same with sugar, I am keeping what we have for visitors.

I have woken up early, very early! and am enjoying the height of luxury, a coffee with a splash of milk. The scales are very kind but I know that is not my weight. That is my weight the day after 2 fasts, not to be taken seriously, it won’t last.

Topsy, you are like me. My trousers are hanging off me but my tops are still snug. They must have been really tight before!! I want a waist that goes in!!

Morning everyone, enjoyed my walk last night. It was uphill to start and I puffed a bit. My dog decided to chase a squirrel and took ages to come back even when I blew the whistle. There were primroses everywhere and wood anemones and white and purple violets. Lovely.

Ginette I will definitely try those noodles. I am sold on cauliflower rice too. Adds another dimension to the meal.

Apple pie it always seems that my tummy is the last to go. I have noticed the weight is going from my neck – I can nearly see my collar bone. Tops of my arms are slightly thinner too but oh so much belly.

Now to get ready for work. At least work is easier when you are fasting as not so much temptation. I do work next to a girl who is half Italian and boy does she like her food.
    Have a good day everyone.

Morning all

Pleased you got through it, Applepie. It’s almost 9 here, think I’ll get the vet appointment out of the way and come back for brunch at 11.30 ish. Got a hankering now for boiled egg and soldiers.

Amazing to be without food, literally just water, for over 38 hours and yet I’m not banging down the kitchen door. Who’d have thought eh?

When are you planning the next one?

Ginette, you are looking good!

Anyone else noticing their fat seems to be a bit squishy lately?

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 5,077 total)

You must be logged in to reply.