Metal Taste

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Amazon 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hi all, I had my fast day yesterday and have had an odd taste in my mouth. The best way I can describe it is a metal taste. I started 5:2 last week and experienced the same thing after my 2nd fast day (which was Friday).

Is this normal? I’m not really worried, just thought it was odd.

I usually have a strange taste after 24 hours of water fasting. It intensifies in the next morning. Additionally, my tongue is covered in white. The taste is disappeared when start eating. Brushing your tongue also helps for a while.
    I heard that it is due toxins that go out of the body. It happened to my husband and my mom when they were fasting. So I assume that it is normal during water fasting.
    I will not call it metal though, but it is kind of nasty. But the toxins that get out of our body are different, so maybe yours have some metal in it.
    I would not worry about it. 🙂

found this link about coated tongue during fasting:

http://mywaterfasting.com/posts/water-fasting-coated-tongue

Thanks! I’ll check it out. Its definitely a metal “taste”. Strange. I feel fine I’ll keep at it. 🙂

Metal taste in ketosis state is common.

Thank you, I was wondering if it had that “taste” but hadn’t seen anyone else post about a metal taste.

I have a metal taste too, with an added sensitivity to my hearing. Everything sounds so much louder than it should, and especially the sound of metal is very painful, ie the silverware in the drawer. My family is obliged to eat plastic-wear and no one is allowed to empty the dishwasher. Does anybody else have this issue? I assume it’s toxins leaving the body, just wondering if it will subside at some point.

Toxins are dealt with by the liver, kidneys, gut and skin. It is a normal physiological function that is occurring 24/7 and doesn’t happen just because we are fasting.
    If you are having issues with your hearing I suggest you seek medical advice as it is unlikely to be connected with fasting.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.