Maura's Chunky Soup

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cupcake 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• This recipe comes from Maura, a Fast Dieter. I haven’t counted the calories myself – but a calorie count of around 350 sounds about right for this hearty bowl of soup. The great thing about it is that you’re getting bulk (always welcome on a Fast Day), plus all those lovely veggie nutrients. Over to Maura:
    ‘I\’ve just bought the Fast Diet book and the Fast Diet Recipe Book and I just love how well you explain everything so it was easy to understand and apply to my life. I\’m two weeks in to the programme and the Recipe Book has provided some great inspiration. My problem is that I have a HUGE appetite & I\’m trying to train myself to eat less. So, on Fast Days, chunky soup works best for me. I\’ve made my own vegetable soup & as far as I can see, it is only 343 calories in total. It is really filling and really delicious, but I would appreciate if you could confirm that I am counting the calories correctly ?

Chunky Vegetable Soup.
    Ingredients Calories
    1 tsp olive oil 40
    2 medium onion 88
    2 clove of garlic 8
    1 inch/2½ cm piece fresh ginger 9
    1 tsp curry powder 8
    1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes 92
    2 x Knorr vegetable stock pots 20
    2 Large carrots 60
    3 Celery stalks 18
    Total: 343

Finely chop the garlic and ginger. Roughly chop the onions & chop the carrots in small cubes. Chop the celery in medium sliced slices. Lightly fry the onions, garlic & ginger. Add the chopped tomatoes and fry for approximately a minute. Add the chopped celery, carrots and vegetable stock made with stock pots. Bring to the boil & then turn heat down to simmer. Add teaspoon of curry powder. Allow to simmer until carrots soften.

Can this delicious soup be only 343 calories ? I\’d appreciate your advice because two bowls of this fills me up.’
    I reckon it is!

That sounds lovely . Must try that recipe. Thanks for sharing 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.