March for Me – monthly challenge

This topic contains 307 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  jaifaim 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 306 total)

• Day 20, London, UK, NFD

The scales are not playing ball at the moment despite my consistency and downright angelic behaviour ……………….. is the weekend catching up with me??? That was a FULL 3 days ago!!😡😡

I remember seeing a documentary about Koko the gorilla, absolutely fascinating! Although Bo-Bo can’t sign (lack of opposable thumbs & all that!) he’s pretty good at communicating! When he kicks his water bowl over, it means ‘let me out now, I’ve got a date!’ when he follows me around winding his way around my ankles like a furry trip hazard, it means ‘feed me now, before this gets ugly’ and when he sits on my lap kneading and kneading and kneading🙄, it means ‘as comfy & warm as this bed is it needs levelling off, so shift around until I’M happy ………… please!’😺😺

Ah yes @funshipfreddie, I got that one in 2 but I dithered for ages between going for the obvious SPELL rather than SPELT!! I’m not sure Usain bolt would call it ‘a tie’ as I sauntered over the finish line 8 mins after him!!! (In truth, 8 mins is a bit optimistic!!🤣🤣)

Good grief @at, that sounds traumatic! Both wrists!! I just can’t (don’t want to) imagine having to cope hands-free until they heal.😥

I’m off to ‘manage’ my unreasonable scale expectations!!!

‘If nothing changes, nothing will change’

Day20 UK CD

Change of plan , felt decidedly unwell yesterday, on reflection maybe a tad too optimistic going from Roman carb fest straight into 16 hour fast and then f800 so aiming for a few controlled days get myself feeling 100%

Keep on keeping on ! So obvious 🧐 @flourbaby

Wow – no hands for a while that is going to be a challenging recovery @at

Day 20 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – 160.8

I decided to make yesterday a regular FD and ended up with about 300-350 calories, and called it good. And then I slept 9 straight hours, and called that even better.

Today is pork burritos at home for lunch, and sloppy joes at church for supper, the last of the church meals. It’s lovely to walk in and just eat, but I far prefer when I plan and prepare our own meals, so I’m just as glad to have them over.

@at A simnel cake–how cool! That’s a new recipe for me, so after a delightful fifteen minutes of browsing various recipes, I’ve pinned several. That’s my calorie-free version of baking. 😂 I’ll bet your cake goes down a treat! And so sad about the gal who walked with your group for the first time. Reminds me of last fall sometime when two of my then-eleven piano students broke a wrist in the same week–that was a high percentage of my students, and sure made it hard to play piano!

Thanks, everyone, for the good wishes on my back. The ibuprophen managed the pain until the regular motions of life, plus 24+ hours distance, took care of the pain, and I’m fine now with only tiny twinges that’ll be gone tomorrow. Irritates me that I’m apparently in such bad shape that the little bit of lifting I did had such dire (well…relatively speaking) consequences.

My mind is racing with all the various things that need doing by Easter and then by April 11 when we (finally!) fly to Indiana. We’re hosting Easter dinner again this year, and will have Crown Roast of LAMB–a first for us. Anyone done that before?

Okay, I’m again off to be productive. 😉 Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 20 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 226 lbs, out of work sick… The good news is that the nurse said I don’t have strep, COVID, flu, or RSV. She said I should be feeling better by tomorrow morning, and she gave me antibiotics and cough medicine. With 10 days of horse pill sized antibiotics and my schedule next week, it means I probably won’t be able fast again until April. 🙁

Anyway, I’ll focus on getting well and putting fluids in me while resting, and look for a fresh start then.

USA. Day 20. FD

Pocket List
    @ccco

Hope everyone is a great day!

2nd Post – Day 20

Pocket list – Day 20 🦍
    @jaifaim
    @at
    @excelsior12309
    @ccco

Day 21 Auckland FD 74.7kg

I’ve gotta keep walking the line… My mojo is OK but without much enthusiasm… I need a woosh!! And to remind myself that the excess weight around my midriff and hips is what the next few kgs are about. I replaced my baggy jeans and now the new ones are baggy so I’m keeping them up with a belt until I get to 70kg… My shirts are too big also. A word of advice for those on the downhill. Don’t save up your favourite clothes for something special. WEAR THEM NOW!!! Suddenly they become too big and don’t have that X factor anymore… Luckily shoes don’t change size!!!

@at Gosh That’s pretty unlucky to do both wrists in…What an upsetting event for your walking group as well…
    Simnel Cake! I have my gt grandmother’s recipe which I have never made so I’m going to dig it out!! And the Easter biscuit recipe from my grandma. I also have a great hot cross bun recipe from the Times which I make with the sourdough starter.
    Good on you @excelsior12309!! Judging by my sudden Easter recipe enthusiasm after reading @at’s post it might be better to drink beer rather than make Easter treats…
    @flourbaby Bo-Bo obviously trained you. With Koko it was the other way around!!
    Hang in there. The weekend excesses will dissipate…
    @brightonbelle Sending healthy thoughts to you!
    @stitchincarol Yum! I haven’t cooked a crown roast but have eaten one and made the wee white hats that decorate it!
    https://www.agfg.com.au/recipe/crown-lamb-roast
    @northgeorgia Do take care of yourself… and that also means eating sensible amounts of good quality food and drink…

Cheers everyone! 11 days to go!!

Pocket List🐑
    Merry🍎

Day 21, NFD, Aus

A little like some of you I’ve succumbed to a cold. Yesterday I was ravenous (but still ate sensibly) but today even the thought of a glass of water is unappealing. Today may turn in to an unplanned FD (which are the best sort!)

Oh that poor lady, @at – not a good introduction to your walking group. She was lucky she was with such a bunch of caring souls.

Go you, @excelsior12309 – great progress and success!

Does “managing your unreasonable scale expectations” mean hurling the darn thing out the window, @flourbaby? Sounds like a sensible solution to me.

Ooooh crown roast of lamb, @stitchincarol! Yummo! I’ve never cooked it myself but have enjoyed others’ efforts. Good luck!

Good news @northgeeorgia – perhaps doubly so if this means you’re out of those work functions and compulsory meals?

Gosh, all this talk of Easter (and easter cooking) reminds me it’s early this year and time is flying!

Day 21 2nd post

@stitchincarol Here’s the other site I meant to add
    https://www.nzspringlamb.com/new-zealand-spring-lamb-crown-roast-racks/

Day 21 – Ireland – CD- 🚫 ✅ 🚶‍♂️ 🌾

Hi all, I’m feeling rubbish this week also.. not a cold but just “off”..
    @funshipfreddie late start for you today? You won’t be beating me if you have long lie ins 😂😂 ⚡️

@at I am so sorry for your new hiking pal.. how awful to break both wrists on the first adventure out with you 🥲I hope everyone here is having Dexa scans done particularly those of us who are WOCA – I’m not sure I like this acronym 😂😂 but we are what we are…

Ok I’m darting off again but have definitely reduced my intake for the past three days so would hope to get back to the lower zone but it seems more difficult than usual this week…
    Keep On Keeping On gang 💪

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 21, London, UK, CD

Aiming for a controlled day today as I woke up STARVING!!! Nothing to eat yet, but I’m currently enjoying a lovely mocha with cream, not very controlled, but lunch & dinner will be veg heavy, although the cauliflower cheese for dinner is probably 50% cheese!!!

@northgeorgia, sending some healing vibes your way, and also to you @stitchincarol, you don’t have time to be poorly!!😄😄

@merryapple, I agree, as you lose weight you need to make use of all the ‘special occasion’ clothes before it’s too late!! A trip to the supermarket in your ballgown is NOT out of the question!!!

It was a close call @penz, but I’m 1lb down this morning after a NFD, so (almost) all is forgiven!!⚖

@jaifaim, I’ve never had a Dexa scan, I must do some investigating!

I seem to be struggling with time management at the moment, everything takes twice as long as expected and there’s definitely fewer hours in the day!! Having said that, my procrastinating trait is in full effect!!!🤣🤣

Onward & downwards folks!!!

@funshipfreddie, wherefore art thou???😕

“Ensure that your goal outweighs your temptation“

Day 21 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@flourbaby, @jaifaim, – I’m here! But I wasn’t having a lie-in. I’m absorbed in a long email I’m composing to the trustees. I had a (very expensive) yard gate installed a few weeks ago, & our complex manager, admin lady has decided I should’ve asked permission, & that the colour (white) doesn’t comply with ‘the general theme of the complex’. So I’m taking photos & wading through rules & sectional title acts etc. If she thought I was going to be a push-over, she’s sadly mistaken. She actually has no authority to unilaterally do what she’s doing, & I’ve noticed she never copies her emails to the trustees, just to one person at our managing agents. I suspect she bullies other residents too, many of whom are very elderly, alone & possibly vulnerable. So she needs to be taken down a notch or two 😈

@northgeorgia – get well soon! A silver lining maybe? Who has an appetite when they’re sick? Antibiotics always mess up my digestion. Have a soup diet for a few days, stay away from Easter eggs & follow @merryapple‘s advice! 👨‍⚕️

@penz, @jaifaim & anyone else feeling under the weather – feel better soon.

It’s a lovely, cloudless day here, 27 C. Summer is officially over, I guess, but the sun didn’t get the memo 🌞🌈

RESOLVE to us Thursday fasters! 💪🎯

“Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels”. ~ Kate Moss

Pocket List – Day 21 🐑
    @merry🍎
    @funshipfreddie

Day. 21-No. VA USA-NFD

Words of advice for you, @stichincarol: Instantread thermometer for baking and taking temp. of roasts, etc–greatest kitchen device ever! The lamb roast will be delicious.
    Off to early doctor’s appt. for my husband. Will try to check in later.
    Stay strong, fasters!

Day 21 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 229 lbs. Wow, the nurse was right… I am feeling better today! Still got the sniffles, a bit of sore throat, but I’m going to head in to work, at least for part a day. I did have a big gain over yesterday, but I think it was mostly fluid retention. Yes, those nasty horse pill sized antibiotics have another week’s worth to go — so I’ll have to eat at least twice a day so as not to upset the tummy. For the most part, I’ve been eating eggs, nuts, soups, and fresh fruits and vegetables to get those vitamins in.

Day 22 UK CD

Oh dear we are a poorly lot at the moment , wishing all a speedy recovery I’m with you in the not ill but “off” camp @jaifaim , hoping a couple of steady days will see this pass 🤞

I think she might end up regretting crossing you @funshipfreddie – looking forward to hearing how Gategate progresses

Lambs a favourite of mine @stitchincarol I imagine your crown will be perfect 👑

Off to try a bit of gentle yoga 🧘 to try and restore Have a good day all

USA. Day 21. FD

Pocket List – Day 21 🐑
    @merry🍎
    @funshipfreddie
    @ccco

Another FD! Yesterday’s didn’t go as well as hoped! 🙁

Ugh! I am awake way too early for me! The people are coming to install my new shower and bathtub. I am glad of that! I can sleep tomorrow! LOL

Hope everyone is having a great day! 🙂

Day 21 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

Was awake for two hours in the night, and finally fell back to sleep, but now I’m running late.

@funshipfreddie I love @brightonbelle‘s name for your situation, and also look forward to hearing the outcome of Gategate!

@northgeorgia Glad you’re better!

@merryapple Thanks for the two recipe links; I’ll enjoy reading them. Between those and DS27’s mad cooking skills, we’ll be great, I’m sure. The kid can read something and remember it three years later–he’s amazing. But it’s always nice to know what’s going to happen, so that’s where recipes come in, giving me the info I need to plan the meal’s timing, etc. He’s a better cook than I am, but I’m far better at accomplishing whatever time I’ve set for a meal. Together? We’re seriously dangerous. 😂😂😂

@penz I do hope you’re better today!

@excelsior12309 You’re absolutely right; I have a complete set of digital thermometers, including a cordless instant read one, and they make all the difference.

I cut out the fifth of six giraffes yesterday and reflected on how fun it is to get into my sewing room and accomplish a bit here and there throughout my days. I also bought pansies on Tuesday and got them planted and put out yesterday. My two-page to-do list doesn’t stand a chance of besting me! 😁💪🤣

Okay, I’m off to church to accomplish my duties there. Have a grand one, everyone!

Pocket List – Day 21 🐑
    @merry🍎
    @funshipfreddie
    @ccco
    @stitchincarol WFD

Day 21 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

I have been gone for more than 3 months……I have been trying to catch up on all posts since, but only got to February 16th and saw so many of ye asking for me over the previous weeks, I stopped and came right back to today.

I am ok guys, thanks for thinking of me, I have thought of you all a lot during that time. So sorry to read that some of you have been unwell (remember I am still in February so hopefully no more lurgies since then), and oh @funshipfreddie, that pancreatitis sounds bad. You were recovering when I skipped from Feb to here,I am like a strange time traveller eh?

Not sure what was up, I just did not CARE about this WOL or keeping on track or trying to keep my weight down. My work life has been super busy and super stressful, some financial woes,
    ach, I just opted out for a bit.

However, just returned from a fabulous, relaxing holiday in Birgu, Malta, really got a chance to rewind and unwind, get interested in stuff again, came back feeling like ME again. ☺️
    Back to work (still without a permanent office so still mainly WFH) but not letting it get to me.

I only put on about 3pounds in all the time I was gone and not caring and drinking wine and eating tons of tea and toast….so keeping up my exercise and walking and strength training really worked.

And I have had three days in a row of fasting until lunch, 18:6, and being dry till Fri and actually doing it also helped. Have not fasted in ages but easy to skip breakfast now (despite it being a lifelong habit drummed into me since childhood 😆).

So I am back, will try to get back into morning posting routine as before, but it might take a while to get back into the habit (my routines had been shook recent,y).

Missed you all though! Going to go back to Feb and catch up, but talk to you all soon my friends. Thanks for still being here xxxxxxx

USA. Day 21. FD

My regular fasting day is going well today. So far no cheating! :). It’s a boring day, as I have to wait for the workmen to complete my new bathroom, so can’t go out! That does set me up for temptation out of boredom. :(. I am keeping my fingers crossed in hopes of keeping myself out of trouble.

Merryapple, I have a mojo problem, too. I wish I could sustain myself better for longer periods of time. Tomorrow, I am going to try another WFD. I need that whoosh, too. It is more likely to come after a WF! 🙂

I have yearly Dexa Scans. After a certain age (which I am), they are important, especially for women who are of North European extraction. My doctor says that is the group most at risk for fractures, as we age. I discovered that I have osteoporosis (also a high risk for North European women). I have a number of fractures over the years, so you all need to be careful!

Sorry we have some friends not up to snuff right now. I found that my allergies are back full force with the onset of spring! No fun!

Northgeorgia, glad you are feeling better! Penz, hope you are better today, too!

Good luck with all that FUNSHIPFREDDIE. I have a neighborhood association that dictates all that. It can get dicey. That fence you put in sounds lovely but there are always complainers around. If I do anything outside my house, including repainting or putting in a new roof, I must request permission beforehand from the neighborhood association, even if the paint color remains the same. They also dictate what our window style. I believe I have to ask permission for plants to be removed but I drew a line there and removed a lot of plants. No one has complained, thank God! The old people who lived here before planted a jungle, which was half dead by the time I got here. I ripped it all out and told my neighbors that none of my plants can be taller than I am. This way I can take care of them myself! I ripped out almost everything and now my property is simple and neat.

To those of you who supple us with wonderful recipes, I rarely mention them. They are all so good but I need to ignore them or I will be cooking and eating up a storm. They will have to wait until after my 5:2 is successful!

I hope you all are having a great day! I am dying to get outside before it rains again! 🤗👍

Second post

OH! @daffodil2010, how LOVELY to hear back from you and that you’ll be rejoining us! I’ve thought of you so often, and wondered what was going on, and am so glad to know you’re feeling like YOU again. I look forward to your regular chatter!

Day 22, NFD, Aus

It’s Friday! And nothing (well, very little) gets in the way of our weekly pizza and red wine night!

Yesterday did not turn into a FD but it was definitely a CD. Thanks for your thoughts; I’m feeling much better today. Hope you are too, @jaifaim and @brightonebelle? And glad to hear you’re back on the mend @northgeorgia. I wonder if it’s the change of seasons that’s affecting many of us. There was some commentary in this forum last year I think about this regular occurrence.

IF – a big if – you do go shopping in your ball gown, ala @flourbaby’s suggestion @merryapple, please upload a photo!! I am now regretting getting rid of my ‘fat’ clothes. They went after I lost 10kg and I swore to myself I would never need them again. Ahem. I am now remembering a particularly versatile black skirt I had… Oh well, stick with this WOL and very soon I will not be needing them again. Good advice to enjoy what you have now.

Good for you @funshipfreddie. I was listening to a radio report this morning about the appallingly unregulated strata management industry here in Australia, where managing agents are lawfully permitted to get commissions (from such things as maintenance contractors) without the obligation to disclose this to owners! I hope it’s somewhat better in SA.

Yay, welcome back @daffodil2010!!! You are certainly sounding (reading) like your old self and I’m so happy Malta helped with your reinvigoration. (I had a holiday there years ago and it’s still one my favourite places.) You’ll get rid of those 3 lbs quickly enough – and I’m in awe that that’s all you put on. Despite how you felt it seems as if you had the ‘right’ things under control.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Day 22 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD 69.0 kg

That was a measly-looking pocket list for a Thursday, but my FD went splendidly, & the wiggle room is back, just in time for the weekend. I’ve learned my lesson though, & there will be no more salted peanut-benders 😅

@daffodil2010 – you’re back?!! And yes, you were sorely missed. It’s so good to hear you’re okay. And only 3 lb up after over 3 months + a holiday?! So on some level you did care, even if it was subconsciously, & were maybe applying some of the skills you’ve learned through fasting. And you’ll nuke those 3 lb in no time 🤗

@brightonbelle, @stitchincarol – Gategate?! I love it! 🤣👏

@penz – ‘lawfully permitted to get commissions’?! That sounds very dodgy, but I’m sure it goes on here too. Our managing agents don’t select our contractors, but my tormentor/complex manager does, + presumably the trustees. But she basically seems to have free rein, & I heard on the grapevine that she was ‘let go’ from her previous position, for taking ‘kick-backs’ from contractors 🤐

@ccco – Don’t get me started; it’s not even a fence – just a gate! And I’ve scoured the rules, & the only thing in print pertaining to a colour theme is about window frames. If the original wooden frames are replaced with aluminium, they must be bronze. I walked around the complex yesterday, & counted 20 yard & security gates that are a colour other than brown. Judy/complex manager says “the general colour theme within the scheme is brown or beige”. But she can’t seem to provide me with anything in writing to support this. Brown or beige – how exciting. Is this a retirement village or a funeral parlour? 😠

Gotta dash, Boo Boo is trying to kill Popsie again 🤯

Happy Fri-yay! 🍹

Day 22 – Ireland – CD- 🚫 ✅ 🚶‍♂️ 🌾
    157lbs … groan 🙃

Hurrah! Welcome back @daffodil2010 👋 so very glad to hear you are well and just needed to take time out.. no better place than Malta to help with the reset process.
    We missed you lots so just happy to have you back. 💕 🌼

@funshipfreddie good to hear you are on the case of the white gate or Gategate (brilliant @brightonbelle 😂) and totally agree, who wants a brown or beige scheme throughout an entire village/complex. it sounds to me like Judy has no case!

@ccco great to see your chat… I have regular dexa scans too and so far have no issues thankfully. Strength training is so important for those with osteopenia/or at risk of osteoporosis – i should be doing more of it….sounds like your gardening has you sorted in that area. 🏋️‍♀️ 👩‍🌾

@stitchincarol bravo on the giraffes 🦒⭐️ sounds like you are having proactive times… I’m in the procrastination camp this week with @flourbaby and not getting enough done… and I’m super busy so they don’t go together well.

@merryapple I have so many shoes 😂😂 you’re so right! Wear the clothes…⭐️ I hope you are doing ok 💕 🌸

Hope everyone is feeling a little better and @penz did you have the FD? You are right this year is just whizzing by!! @at

I’m honestly not sure what has set me back so badly this week weight wise having got back to maintenance for 2 days but have been feeling off/low/unproductive so maybe it’s all tied in.
    Today the sun is shining ☀️ and I’m off to work… hey ho hey ho 🎵

Onward and downward ⬇️

Second post…
    Not sure what happened to my text in my last post..

@at, I think of the Lake District generally at Easter 🐣 as I spent many a super happy Easter weekend up there in my 20s and back from France with friends hiking and generally having lots of fun around Kirkby Lonsdale and Kendal. It was always a very special time as many of their families are farmers and had come through a busy lambing season. I hope your hiking pal is on the mend.

Day 22, London, UK, NFD

I forgot I’m attending an informal leaving ‘do’ for a colleague this afternoon, I may (or may not) partake in a glass of vino, so I’m calling it a NFD, to avoid any angst later on!! 😌

@funshipfreddie ………………. “Take HER down!!!”😡😡 She sounds like a nightmare, unfortunately it’s true that “Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely” Love the “Gategate” @brightonbelle🤣🤣 I’m eagerly awaiting the next update too!! I truly wish the gate had been hot pink!!! Brown/beige?? I think that might hasten some resident’s ‘final’ journeys!!😮🤣😮

Good to know you’re feeling better @northgeorgia!! Drugs, drugs & more drugs!!💊💊💊

The stars have aligned and …………………….. @daffodil2010 is BACK!!! So good to hear from you! I know when I stepped ‘away’ from the challenges, I lost the plot & piled on the timber (hence all the shout outs to you, I wouldn’t want anyone to follow my path to destruction🤯!!) Other life stresses didn’t help, but falling out of love with myself was the biggie; so I’m thrilled it was only 3lbs for you!!!👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

@jaifaim, I feel like I’m wading through treacle trying to get ‘stuff’ done ……………………. Considering the ‘stuff’ is what I get paid for, I need to pull my finger out!!😜

Stay strong folks!!

“Every storm cloud eventually runs out of rain” – Maya Angelou

Day 22 Auckland NFD Late night post

@daffodil2010 So lovely to hear you’re back and are in good heart again!!
    @brightonbelle and @funshipfreddie Gategate🤣
    I’ve had a big day and evening and can hardly keep my eyes open…
    Buena noche…

Day 22 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 229 lbs. Antibiotics continue for several more days, which means no FDs for a while. I’m just going to not get carried away with meals and avoid snacking. I am feeling better though!

Awaiting the next episode of Gategate. I hope our hero wins 😉

Day 22 UK NFD

Feeling better but struggling to get back into the groove , certainly not helped by eating a hot cross bun for breakfast ! Currently working on the strategy of resetting Monday morning and gradually cutting carbs over the weekend ……we’ll see

Good to have you back @daffodil2010 ☘️

Day 22 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Had a truly tough day yesterday, and even cancelled the three piano lessons, and took some chill time for myself, and finally felt better. Today, I plan to cross lots of things off my list, as I’m sure that will make me feel better yet.

So in that spirit, I’m going to scoot.

Have a grand one, everyone!

USA. Day 22. FD

Ugh! My fast day went south! It looks like I will need to do a WFD tomorrow to make up for it!

Day 23, NFD, Aus

Checking in and checking on you. We’re about to head into the last week of the month. Time to take stock and gallop home to the finish!

Day 23 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@flourbaby – “Take HER down!!!”😡😡 I’m going to give it my best shot! 😅 My scathing email is all ready to ‘send’ early Monday morning, when she will hopefully have a hangover, or at least not be feeling 100%. I was talking to a friend/neighbour yesterday, who originally bought the house he now lives in decades ago for his late mother. There’s a fountain close to the entrance/exit to the complex which has been white since the village was built in the mid-80’s. Judy had it painted brown late last year! At the time I hadn’t given it much thought, but my neighbour said he’d approached her & asked who had authorised the change. He said she pointed to herself & snapped, “‘me! I authorised it!”. So that’s my next mission – FountainGate. She is evil, & must be punished 😈

Michael Mosley commenting on among, other things, the recent Chinese study linking TRE to an increased risk of heart attacks..
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13227261/DR-MICHAEL-MOSLEY-Im-one-leading-experts-intermittent-fasting-wrong-along.html

The last week of March?! Can’t believe it’s Easter next weekend. Schools have closed here already, & it seems like holidaymakers are arriving in droves 😳

Have a good weekend everyone 🌞 🌈

Day 23 Auckland FD 74.8kg

I’m managing to stay in the 74s despite eating late last night – Shepherd’s Pie made with the lamb roast leftovers accompanied by beer, wine and a blokey friend who ate 3/4s of it luckily!!
    @penz and @flourbaby I have been to the supermarket in my striped pyjamas for a bet. I don’t own a ball gown as such… I do have a rather sack like silk dress with an interesting dark knitted argyle printed pattern on it which functions as my best dress but my girlfriend has just told me it is too big now…🙁 She shops at the quality recycle clothing shops so maybe I will have to take a deep breath and have a look…
    @funshipfreddie Go you!! Fight the good fight and put an end to shoddy colour schemes and corrupt dictatorships💪😇
    @stitchincarol Take care and everyone else with the ‘only one week to go’ blues.
    Tomorrow morning is the Westie and Scottie Club walk. I am still on the national committee so will gird my loins and join it.
    Have an enjoyable Sunday!

Day 23 UK NFD

Have a lot planned for the weekend so will be looking to make sensible choices but I’m starting to think about April , I’m not throwing in the towel yet on this month but……well let’s see how it goes

Day 23 – Ireland – CD- 🚫 ✅ 🚶‍♂️ 🌾

A great CD yesterday… my day went north while yours went south @ccco – it’s strange when days just go like that.

@merryapple I will be thinking of you tomorrow 🐶❤️

@funshipfreddie I have just one question… who in their right mind (or wrong mind) would have a fountain painted brown????? 🟤 ??? And get away with it??? Time to rise up I say!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 23 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 228 lbs. And just waiting for April… It’s been an odd two months. I think I’m halfway through the pills, and the conference is Monday. But, I am feeling better!

Day 23 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Having a super lazy Saturday so far. Not minded to do much but sit about and relax, and right now I am in my bed and considering a wee nap after posting here ☺️

Thanks for the welcome back, things seem to be getting back to normal. My mood is much brighter and I feel content with life. I more than likely had some low level,depression fir the past 6 months or more, looking back I remember that I did not really look forward to anything or felt much joy in things that I normally would have loved. Hmmmmm.

Anyway, plans now stirring for the future, getting excited about things again.

Malta was just the tonic. And as I have finally caught up on all posts, I wanted to let @brightonbelle and @merryapple know that we stood for ages taking in the Carraveggio in St Johns Cathedral in Valetta…”The Beheading of John the Baptist”…..stunning.

@merryapple, I had a lump in my throat reading about your wake for Mr Mac. Hugs for you xxx

Congratulations on baby Mae @stitchincarol 😍

@funshipfreddie a brown fountain?… Gah?

Have a great rest of Saturday. No fasting poor moi, but back on it on Monday.

I will be in the temporary office on Monday (we have to hot desk on a rota as not enough room for the entire company…so that a bit stressful trying to bag a good desk)…..however we were told yesterday that our lovely office will be habitable again from 22nd April. Yay (remember our office had a major electrical surge and everything fried last October?).
    Cannot believe I am looking forward to my lovely desk by the window again 😂

Day 23 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

I managed to eat quite reasonably yesterday, although not reasonably enough not to have added some bulk sitting in my gut that the scale noticed and proclaimed.

@funshipfreddie A brown/tan fountain?????? Absolutely NUTS and in awful taste, as far as I’m concerned. Certainly not a classic choice!

@merryapple It’ll be tough to go on the Scottie and Westie Club walk, I’m sure–but I bet it’ll be lovely to see all the dogs that have become friends to and certainly were buddies of Mr Mac.

@daffodil2010 It does indeed sound as if you had some actual depression, and it’s lovely that you’re good now. And it makes complete sense that you’re looking forward to your own desk again; that kind of upheaval, inconsistency, and unreliability is horribly stressful!

I’m getting lots done, but the list is massive, so it still feels overwhelming. And, sadly, my bit of research yesterday says I’m unlikely to find anyone to do a couple of hours of yard work for me between now and Easter, so I either have to simply make the time, or accept that it’s not going to look as lovely as I’d like. This is the way I operate, that I make a list of all the amazing touches I’d like done–and then put up with any number of them simply not possible to accomplish. 🤷🏻‍♀️😉 I suppose it’s undue stress I’m adding–but the long list also scares me into being hyper productive, and so I do accomplish the things that are most important, and, regardless, it’s how I operate and have for years.

We have a member of our congregation and his two adult daughters who’ve run an Easter Egg Hunt for fifteen or more years (mostly from their own pockets, although the church contributes a fair chunk of money to the cost), and it’s a MASSIVE undertaking. They have five to six THOUSAND eggs they lay out for the kids, and prizes for all of them, and we get well over 300 children. It’s so comical: the man and his daughters will start working on next year’s egg hunt when all the Easter stuff goes on sale on Easter Monday, and they’ll collect stuff on sale during the year, and then in January, they start filling the eggs, and then yesterday, they were at church by 9am and worked until 11pm–and the hunt is all done in only five minutes, LOL! But. Then the kids and their parents have to stand in line to get the prizes listed inside the eggs they collected, and that takes over an hour for everyone to get through. Comical! Too bad the sky is gloomy and the temperature is hovering right around freezing.

Okay, enough chatter; time to get productive. Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 24, NFD, Aus

The autumn chill is definitely in the air. Brrr!

Wow, I’m impressed with the logistics behind that Easter hunt @stitchincarol.

Also sending you thoughts across the Tasman, @merryapple. The Club sounds like a nice organisation to be part of. Will you stick with it?

So glad to hear you’ve turned a corner @daffodil2010 – it can be hard to realise what’s going on when you’re in the grips of dark moods. Welcome back on so many levels!

Looking fwd to the next installment of ComplexGate, @funshipfreddie. (I’m also shaking my head in disbelief at a brown fountain.)

Day 24 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

The Gategate saga is coming to an end, I think. I had a long chat with a trustee yesterday, a really nice older man. And I got the name of a two-faced person who actually complained about my white gate! She moved here about a year before me, & went along with the brown/wooden theme for her own yard gate, so I guess she’s just peeved that my gate looks so much nicer than hers. That can be the only explanation, right? 😅 Long story short, the trustee assures me I will NOT have to remove or paint my gate. They’re busy updating all the rules & he believes the colour theme will be expanded & will include white. I think the original owners came to some kind of verbal agreement on the so-called theme, people generally went along with it, but I doubt it was ever actually documented. So I’ll still be replying to Judy’s email – I guess she’s just doing her job – but I’ve removed all traces of vitriol & sarcasm. I’m going to take the Mr nice guy, kill-em-with-kindness approach 😇

@penz – No autumn chill for us yet; this is turning out to be the hottest month so far this year 🥵️ But we’ve got some much-needed rain on the way from tomorrow.

@stitchincarol – that sounds like a lovely tradition, but a lot of work! And so worth it to see 100′ s of children having fun 🐰🐣

Any more Sunday fasters? You know it makes sense, & then there’s Monday morning PFDS to look forward to! It’s just food y’know… 😃

Happy Sunday! 🌞

Pocket List – Day 24 🥚
    @funshipfreddie

Day 24 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 229 lbs. One more week of this, then I’m back on the train.

Day 24 – Ireland – CD- 🚫 ✅ 🚶‍♂️ 🌾

Ending this week with another CD..
    Power to the Sunday fasters… @funshipfreddie go you 👍 well done on getting to the bottom of the complaint.
    Raining here again………. We could send it to!
    But did get a lot of outdoor exercise in this weekend. 🚴 🏊‍♀️ 🚶🏽‍♀️
    Busy with mum so will sign off and see you all tomorrow.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 25, FD, Aus

A little quiet on the forum in the last 24 hours. Guess there’s not much company for @funshipfreddie on his FD?

For those of you who don’t work full time, what are your tips to stay sufficiently distracted on FDs? I used to not have a problem doing FDs while I was in the office as a. I had plenty of work to do to keep me distracted and b. I was not near the kitchen. Now that I’m having a year off, I’m having a challenge scheduling my routine to ensure that my FDs are easy. As in, no distractions, not being around food etc. I welcome any thoughts!

Day 25 – Ireland – FD – 🚫 ✅ 🚶‍♂️ 🌾

Hello all, here we are the last week of March!
    @penz I’m afraid I can’t help… I’ve been in tte workforce since I was 19 – finishing studies and working abroad at the same time – feel I’m due time off for good behaviour too 😂😂 but we do have super FD ers here who manage it so will leave it to the experts to advise..
    A super busy week of work awaits and then Easter and some travel over an extended long weekend 🐣🐣🐣
    Previous post had been reported as spam.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List – Day 25 🎯
    @jaifaim

Day 25 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD 69.0 kg 🎯

Rogue post above reported 🤨

Sunday FD done & dusted; would’ve been nice to have had company on that list of one, but it’s over & I’m looking forward to brunch.

@penz – check out this section of the forum – ‘Coping Strategies for Hunger’. https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/forum/mind/coping-strategies-for-hunger/ There are 130 topics & a zillion threads & tips. There has to be something there that will help you. Personally, I just don’t give myself the option of eating before 6 pm on FDs. And when I do eat, it’s something I’ve already planned, between 600 – 700 cals. If I get hungry earlier, too bad. It won’t kill me, the hunger will pass & I can eat what I want tomorrow. I don’t really need a distraction, but I do tend to clean a lot on FDs 😅 Or how about watching something about really large people on YouTube, e.g. My 600 lb Life? I think I could easily do a 3 day water fast after watching one episode 😳

Gotta run. Sending RESOLVE to the Monday fasters 💪

Pocket List – Day 25 🎯
    @penz
    @jaifaim

Second post

Thanks for fixing the pocket list @funshipfreddie 🤩

Day 25, London, UK, FD

MIA for the weekend as usual, and of course results on the scale are as usual!! I hate getting derailed by the weekend, but I CANNOT work 7 days a week just to stay on track!! I just need to be mindful & plan my weekends better ……………….. perhaps AFTER this coming Easter weekend!!!🤣🤣

@funshipfreddie, Ooh Fountaingate!!! I can’t wait for the update!! If I had to imagine a fountain, it would be white or natural stone ………………. Brown????😲😲 I agree with @merryapple, you need to start a petition against “shoddy colour schemes and corrupt dictatorships”!!🧛🏼‍♀️………………………. “I’ve removed all traces of vitriol & sarcasm. I’m going to take the Mr nice guy, kill-em-with-kindness approach” ……………… What a shame, I was hoping it was going to properly kick-off!!🤣🤣🤣

@merryapple, I hope your walk went well, no doubt you had some unseen company🐶. Can you get one last outing to the supermarket in the dress before donating? I have sooo many items I’ve only worn once or twice that WILL eventually 🙏🏼need to go!! I see me cooking & cleaning in them before that time comes!!!😜

@daffodil2010, with your green fingers I hope you’re looking forward to Spring, or is it here already?? I can’t say the last 6 months have been great for me either😥, partly due to the dreary weather and continuous RAIN!!! I’m baffled by the weather at the moment, I hear they’re expecting 4” of snow somewhere up north today whilst I admire the daffodils from my office window – like me, you probably enjoy going to work for a change of scenery!!!

@penz, weekends are my downfall with fasting, simply because I’m NOT at work and can procrastinate for Britain!!!!

Getting back to work now, another deadline looms large!!!

“Somewhere there is a past you overflowing with so much pride looking at how far you’ve come.”

Day 25-No. VA, USA-FD800

Back to work this morning after a somewhat lazy weekend. Couldn’t say I did a FD yesterday, but I did eat modestly. Weight is hovering about a pound less than last week, so that is good. But when it goes UP, it always seems to do that VERY quickly!
    @penz, I don’t seem to have a problem with weekend fasting; maybe, like @funshipfreddie, I am always doing some cleaning activities and that helps. But yet, there always remains a fine coat of dust somewhere here….

Pocket list, day 25
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @excelsior12309

2nd Post – Day 25

Pocket List – Day 25 🎯
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @flourbaby
    @excelsior12309 FD800

Day 25 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 231 lbs (sigh). Can’t wait until a week from today, when I can actually fast again! Off to my three day meeting. I’ll be done with my antibiotic regimen on Thursday evening. See you all again on Thursday!

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 306 total)

You must be logged in to reply.