mammamia

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  KathrynNJ 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Started the 5. 2 diet plan last Monday did my two fast days on the Tuesday and Thursday, I have just got weighed and I have lost 5lbs. I am shocked, I have decided to do my fast day this morning and again on Thursday, but I am going on holiday on Saturday and need some advice. HELP.

Bonjour mommamia – I just took a look at your profile and note that you are a granny – me too, aged 62. I thought I would point you in the direction of a brilliant threat ‘HELP All ladies of a certain age’ – there you will find lots of lovely ladies of a certain age who give great support and advice. Do join us, we are very active with over 3,500 posts!

Bonjjour again – obviously not a ‘brilliant threat’ but a ‘brilliant thread’ – oops!

I have looked at the site you mentioned thank you for suggesting it to me. It is my fast day today I need to look up recipes so I can have a varied menu on my fast days. The whole plan has made me feel positive about myself that I can do it. Reading everyones comments is good too, keeping my fingers crossed for success.

I always use my travel days as fast days when I go on holiday. It’s easy and those days are not the actual holiday yet anyway so it doesn’t feel as a real loss of vacation fun. Plus you can start your vacation feeling good about yourself.

Now for the holiday itself, I usually don’t spend any time in hotels on holiday, so I don’t think I can really help with that (we go camping or rent a flat). But I do ‘half fasts’ where I pick a very low calorie dinner (like soup or a salad) and try to keep my calorie intake during the day to a minimum. So I think I do 800/1000 calorie days when I’m actually there. I’m not sure though, because I refuse to count calories. Basically, I try not to eat anything before dinner, but if I feel like having a café con leche, I’m not going to turn it down. And if it comes with a biscuit, I may even eat it.

This year, I’ve decided to start fasting on the day I pack for my holiday, right after breakfast (or probably just coffee with milk), then I have my ‘fast meal’ that night. The next day we leave, I will fast until dinner time. So I redistribute my 36 hrs a little bit differently.

On my way back home, I’m using the day we travel back as my first real fast day again. I get back into swing of things (after cheating a little) right away and I can use my first day back not worrying about fasting as I’ve already done it the day before.

This really works for me. I don’t know if any of this is helpful to you.

I am new to this way of life, just finishing two weeks. I am doing the 5:2 plan, while trying to stick with low-carb eating on the non-fast days. I have allowed myself a few treats on one day a week, and only count calories on the fast days. I am a flight attendant, so most weeks I will be flying somewhere overseas (I’m based in New York), and spending 24 hours in each city. So, basically my whole life is a series of 24-48 hr mini-vacations. I always want to eat the local food, or drink local beer or wine. I also try to schedule my fast days on days I am flying. Of course, I am working those flights, but I start counting the 36-hr fast on NYC time, so I can have dinner in my layover city without worrying about dieting. I still exercise regularly, and try not to eat until I am miserably stuffed. So far, so good.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.