Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,201 through 4,250 (of 16,657 total)

• Mosquitoes love me and my skin doesn’t like DEET, so I often suffer quite badly but it doesn’t stop me going anywhere. I’ve bought some new stuff that is DEET based and am hoping it doesn’t irritate my skin too much.

There is definitely something wrong with this thread at the moment, keeps chopping out sections after using emoticons. Probably best if we don’t use them until the end of a message

I hope I haven’t caused a problem by using emoticons from elsewhere πŸ™

Samm that’s fine mate no problem at all 😎
    I have not been able to achieve or equal the week 1 loss
    but then now acknowledge I don’t have to and all is right with
    my world ok happy fast day friends
    Peace
    RT

Amazon,
    Not sure what is going on but there is a problem for sure.
    ☺️

Maybe it is all the activity on this thread……………..

I am so tired today, it is only just after 9pm and I’m falling asleep. I shall have to go to bed as I need to be up very early tomorrow.

Night all X

It all looks ok to me, although your latest smiley is not coloured or animated Jojo. Sleep well UK crowd
    πŸ™ P

I don’t use my phone’s emoticons because I realised it would post only text that appeared before the emoticon and ate everything that followed. I assumed it was just my phone laughing at me. As I write I can hear it sniggering and calling me a luddite…

It all looks OK to me as I just use the laptop BUT I am exhausted chasing Happy Now in the bushes πŸ™‚ .

Wee xx

I’m sorry Wee, but I can’t let you catch me! I would though, only so long as you promise not to bite πŸ™‚

I hear Wee bites can be painful πŸ™

Re emoticons. ..I use my Samsung S3 phone and it’s fine. Perhaps it IS the fancy ones that are a problem. I stick to the old KISS adage. ..(keep it simple stupid) πŸ˜‰ P

Sorry HN Promising nothing lol . End of a FD and I am in need of something tasty πŸ™‚

PVE Wee bites ARE better for you anyway lol

Wee xx

Hello all,
    Just off to bed but I agree that there is a vanishing text problem after using emoticons. As you know I mostly use my ipad.
    Seem ok if they are placed on the end of text, weird!
    Fasting tomorrow.

Dog still sleeping, quite worried still, she is very lethargic. I managed to get her out to the garden for a wee but she moved very slowly and not very willingly.
    Night all

Jo (:-)

Good morning all. What an explosion of emoticons! I had no idea there were so many out there.

Jojo, congratulations on topping the ‘pops’. On this thread there is such a brilliant range of diverse opinions, approaches to this WOL and most importantly IMO, tolerance. Hope your poorly mate is still improving. Do you remember the James Herriott books? One of them was called ‘if only they could talk’.

There are so many posts since I logged in on Saturday so can’t hope to mention everyone’s contributions. Found the idea of being savaged by midgets such a funny word picture.

Speaking of Christmas, it was our local district Christmas pageant yesterday and all schools, kindergartens, community groups and businesses get involved. The theme this year was Christmas at the zoo so my granddaughter dressed as a lion and invited me to be her keeper. We arranged a tinsel lead around my neck and held by the lion who was taking her keeper out for the day – lots of laughs. OH accompanied our grandson, whose kindergarten group dressed as penguins. The pageant route is about 1km (downhill so the little ones can cope) ending up at the local oval where lots of food, drink, rides, community displays &c. waiting for the crowd. Lovely day!

After sausages and chips yesterday, today’s FD so welcome.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Nicky, it has been such a long time since I was at the stirling pageant. I was however in the township not long after the parade had passed. It was so quiet…. I will have to wait for a few more well let’s hope quite a few more years until I have grandchildren to take there. Boys are only 19 and 16! FD for me and it has been ok. Looking forward to dinner. Weight loss not great. I seem to lose and then gain. Drinking herbal teas today has been a change so am happy with that. I started skipping yesterday as my first attempt a few weeks ago was a disaster. And this morning I went for a walk before work! All the best everyone!

Good morning All,
    My dog is still very poorly so I am waiting for the vet to ring me with an emergency appt. She is not moving or even lifting her head so it is not looking good. I think I will have to carry her to the car as home visits are not available. Let’s hope things change for the better, she is very special to me.
    Good Luck everyone
    Jojo xx

Morning all.

Sorry to hear that your dog is no better Jojo.

Evening all fast trackers
    I have been unwell for a few days. We have been coping dreadful weather coming from the direction of Australia and I succumbed to a sort of cold.

Sorry about your dog, JoJo. I hope the news is better tomorrow.
    RT what a record of loss!
    There have been some really interesting exchanges, but I was too slow to join in.

My weght loss is still at 14 kg since July. Not spectacular but satisfactory as it is the halfway point.
    I am really enjoying walking on our beach again in spite of the weather and the bug.
    Today I walked nearly 11 km.

Evening to all, southern hemispherites and have a good day to northern hemispherites.

XX TW from Eastern Australia,

Emel
    when I first started it took me two months to skip for 3 minutes straight. Glad to hear others giving it a go too.

SAMM, you are up very early πŸ™‚

Hello all,
    News a little better, my dog is improving. The vet said she probably had a reaction to the anti- sickness drug she had yesterday. She is moving around a little and eating some rice and chicken.
    It’s strange for me buying meat again, albeit for the dog.
    I am trying to focus on fasting but being trapped in the house is not helping.
    I am sorting draws, wrapping Christmas gifts and doing chores but there are far too many tea breaks.
    What with illness and now dog care I am feeling trapped in the flat.
    Hope everyone else is doing well
    Love Jojo xx

Hi Jojo, glad to hear your dog is getting better.
    I’m trapped too as the painter is doing the doors and windows, so I can’t go anywhere for long. I just did my workout in my bedroom as he was painting the living room windows, and there is hardly enough room to swing a cat in there! I kept whacking my elbows on the wardrobe, or accidentally kicking the side of the bed πŸ˜†

It is a cold miserable grey day today too.

I’m going to start packing later. That’ll keep me occupied πŸ˜›

Really tough FD today, so cold with all the windows open, and the smell of paint everywhere. Dinner time can’t come too soon!

Good afternoon all . cold and miserable here today . Went to get my Dad today and he wanted to stay in bed , he looked so cosy so I just checked he was OK . I gave him a kiss and a big hug and told him our eldest would be down to take him out tomorrow . The care home say I should just phone and it would save me going out . They look after him so well but I still like to talk to him myself even if it’s only for a few minutes .

We then took Ross to buy a new rug and some cushions in a burgundy colour . His house was lovely with brown leather and oak furniture and beige rugs but he wanted a bit of colour and it is gorgeous and warmer looking now too .

Amazon I hope the painter finishes quickly pal and not made too much mess and you get all your packing done.

Jojo I hope your lovely pet keeps improving . I know what a worry it can be :(.

Weight myself this morning and down another 1 pound . really pleased and that makes 34 pounds
    Just love this WOL and all you lovely people . Each and every one of you XX

Wee xx

Haha amazon
    you discovered me on 3rd shift at lunch
    :SMILING EMOTICON:

I have two lives a day time husband and father . snd the other a work at night lifter.

the adf keeps me from bulking up , but the skipping hiit keeps me ready too.

hmmmm too sleepy to mske sense. Good nigjt

jojo.
    Hope you and ypurs are well if not my heart goes out to you.

Watching zombies eat right now.
    I do understand hunger a bit more than I used too!

♀ as appetizing though!

not tempted to break my fast !

Whose weemam trying to bite?

Good night SAMM πŸ™‚

The Wee midget is still shrinking πŸ˜†

The painter is doing a great job and he tidies up every evening so no problems there. I’ve closed the windows enough to keep out the draughts, put the CH on and had something to eat, so I’m toasty warm now.

As for the packing, the suitcase is open………………..

Amazon you should start packing as you don’t want to be a streaker at the airport brrrrr πŸ™‚ xx

SAMM HappyNow said the predictive text had turned midgies to midgets I have been called a wee midget many a time lol πŸ™‚

Wee xx

Good evening all,
    Well my dog is still sleeping it off and I have made good use of the time at home sorting paperwork. I also sorted and labelled my choir music( a job long overdue).

I am feelin very tired and heady, not enough fresh air. I may pop out for an hour now as the dogs seem settled.

Weemam, well down on the latest lb, how far to go now?

I will make a bit more effort tomorrow.

Amazon, I did my packing today but I only have a four day trip so it’s a very small bag.

I think I will get an early night tonight, so signing out.

Samm, I am still not able to skip for more than two minutes, I try every now and then, just not my activity even though I know it is really good for your lymphatic system, getting rid of toxins. I still do swinging kettle bells and trampoline plus lots of walking.

I’ve still not started with the kettle bells. That is something for me to do after my holiday.

I think today has been my most difficult FD EVER! I’m going to have a soak in a hot bath, a cup of tea and go to bed before I eat something.

Good morning everyone, Jojo I hope your little dog continues to improve, I know how heart wrenching it is when they’re sick and just can’t tell you what’s wrong.

Amazon I agree with Wee get the packing done, it’s really too cold for streaking Smiley

Had a slight headache last night, went to bed and the darn thing woke me up about 3am and I persevered until 4am before taking a tablet (lights of any kind were hurting my eyes) as otherwise I’d not be able to go to work today … as it is I’m light headed due to the after effects and just hope I can last the day without it returning with a vengeance. I’m just glad I don’t get these headaches as often any more.

I won’t have a FD today but will be careful of what I do eat and then I’ll try to do B2B tomorrow and Thursday provided there’s no return of the headache.

I see I’ll have to get myself a piece of rope and start skipping as that will be one form of exercise that I can start to do now that I’ve lost the first bit of weight that needed to go, albeit it will be slow and steady until I’m able to go faster and/or longer.

Wee thinking of you and hope you don’t overeat while ravishing or savaging (can’t remember which now) all those tourists. Smiley

Tiwi I hope you’re feeling better soon.

Have a wonderful day/night all.

Hi all,

Jojo I do hope your little dog is better today. They are such special family members and so uncomplaining when they are sick, I hope she gets some energy back today.

I am still chuckling at the thought of Weeman the Midgie darting around! No wonder you keep losing weight Wee, not enough humans to nip!

Aussie you are an early bird, or is it the time difference? I hope your headache stays away, horrible, debilitating things they are.

SAMM you have even more of my respect if you work shift work, so hard to be disciplined with meals when you keep swapping time zones. And harder to exercise….a friend of mine was attempting to after a night shift and tripped off the treadmill and broke her arm! You sound like you have it all worked out though.

Have a lovely day all. I am in the garden all day, what luxury! Making the most of the spring weather….

Thanks Nama I hope it stays away too. I’m always up around 6am week days but try to sleep in a little on weekends but it rarely happens.

Got to run as due at work in 12 mins and it will take me 6 mins to drive there. πŸ˜†

Hi Wiwi

Welcome back to the Southern Hemisphere. πŸ˜† Sorry, you’re not feeling well. Hope it goes away soon and you can relax and enjoy your long stay in NZ.

It rained a lot over the weekend, which was welcomed by all. The countryside has green on it. We played golf in the mizzle.

Jojo, hope your dog is feeling better.

Samm, Will you be switching off the thread, while you are having a break from IF?

I find that I need the discipline of IF to maintain my new weight. Unlike Purple who has this WOL sussed using great discipline πŸ™‚ I need to fast twice a week to maintain my weight loss. I am at goal, but I put on 1-2 kg between fast days, depending on whether or not I eat carbs. 😳 Then I lose any extra weight as soon as I fast. πŸ˜†

So, I am on IF for life. It is my chosen WOL. πŸ˜‰ As you say SAMM, this is the easiest way to lose weight and to maintain the weight loss. Have a happy break. πŸ™‚

Cheers, Bay

Hi Wiwi

Congratulations and huge cheers on your weight loss. 14 kg in four months is fantastic! That’s a wonderful effort to be halfway to goal already.
    Off to do Spring gardening and house cleaning. Fasting today as we were on the road yesterday and out to special EOY dinner last night.

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

AND congratulations to Bayleafoz
    always chuffed to hear folks reach goal and empower themselves with the fasting disciplines for maintaining.

Ill be making fasting part of my WOL as i believe there are health benefits. Im trying to work it into my woe even now for before and after goal.

I tip my hat to you.

A bit of sun today and cold disappearing.Thanks Bay.

Glad your wee dog is better, JoJo

It’s good to have you maintenance fast trackers here, Bay and Purple. Already I am beginning to realise that maintenance won’t be easy. I ask myself if going from ADF to 5:2, where more decisions are needed to maintain, will be very difficult. Anyway not before May.

Samm, yes I agree that shift work and ADF are not an easy combination.
    I used to work 15 hours a day and I am not sure whether I could have combined this with 400 calorie days.

You are inspiring me to go and get a skipping rope and do it on the beach tomorrow.
    Good to know that if I can’t skip like a 10 year old straight off, then I can still be hopeful.

Sweet dreams or have a great day.

XXTW

Enjoy your trip, Amazon. I would like to visit Cuba.

Thanks a lot, Samm, πŸ™‚
    I’m in awe of anyone who can do this WOL, plus also hold down a demanding job.
    Keep up the encouragement and the information. You never know when one of us needs a boost. πŸ˜‰
    Cheers, Bay

Friends
    I had the advantage of learning to jumprope when I was 12 . It was hard then. I discovered it isnt easy to relearn. Its tough. Its difficult. It hurts.
    My dad at the age I am now learned to do it and became an instructor. . Dragging me along to demonstations. He lost 50+ lbs. And was my insperation that staying obese is a choice.

the key to learning to jumprope is vo2max.
    As your vo2max increases its also a factor in longevity. My understanding is it ads to longevity now matter what age its practiced.

Learning that it does help to circulate the lymphatic system was a final straw in my determination to master it agian.

Whats good to know is jumping jacks offer the most of the same benifits. And can be practiced at the same time. After a few weeks of trying to increase my vo2max by doing jump rope for 3 minutes of either jump rope or jumping jacks I moved up my time to 10 minutes doing as much skipping as possible but doing the jacks at slower pace to catch breath.

I imagine doing the jumping jacks on trampoline is less impact and a bit more fun. As I wear Crocs for shoes when on the trampoline so is very gentle. However when im on a fat attack week . I do the skipping like im on a mission. Learning to do it on feed days especially when on adf or 4:3 feed days in hiit style. Its very cheap. But I alwaya use the kind of rope with the tube like beads over thw nylon string. And resize ro be two inches above my navel with my feet together and the rope under my feet and both hands ttwo inches above navel.
    I found that when I was young I could do it everyday. But now I get doms if I do two days in a row. So I alternate from skipping to trampoline when doing an everyday routine.

Y’aller grate
    KEEP ON KEEPIN ON.

Morning/evening all.

I was so cold and hungry last night I went to bed at 8.30! I slept well and of course feel much better this morning. I’m doing B2B so another FD today.
    I hope everyone is well.
    SAMM, my exercise routine has a section in it which combines jumping jacks with lunges. It only lasts a couple of minutes, but it wears me out, and I’ve been doing the routine for a very long time. I take my hat off to you for doing jump rope and using jumping jacks to catch your breath Smiley
    Have a good day/evening everyone.

Is that a self portrait of you exercising Amazon? I thought you were MUCH slimmer! !! πŸ˜‰ Quiet on this thread at the moment. I hope your dog is ok Jojo β™‘ P

Ooooh, Amazon, I love the jumping ball. How do I make that? My grandchildren would love it. πŸ˜‰ Bay

Jojo, hope your dog is better. We have a Border Collie cross and she is now 14. They get into your heart, don’t they. Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Hi Bay. OH is watching Aust vs Japan…. getting too tedious for me. Off to bed with a good book.
    Two semifasts so far this week. Maintaining nicely. No point in overdoing it, but not eating until after 2 keeps me used to no snacks and small portions. ‘Night all. P

Good morning Fast Trackers,
    It’s a bright but cold day and all is well in my world, dog healthy and my cough finally beginning to subside.

I haven’t lost any more weight but that is no big surprise since I have hardly moved at all this last two weeks due to health and dog care duty. Today I am getting back on the treadmill, literally.

Background information to why SAMM and I advocate skipping( jump rope)

I went on a Yoga holiday last year and was mightily impressed by the health of a lady in our group who is in her 80’s. She had a slim body, flexible( years of yoga) and excellent cardio vascular health. She could run up flights of stairs without getting out of breath. Her name is Dorothy. She is on her 4 th partner, others have met their demise through ill health or cancer. She remains positive and has a fine mind with no apparent ill effects to her memory. The only sacrifice she makes to her age is an afternoon nap which she says allows her to lead a ‘normal’ life, staying up until at least 11 pm nightly. She inspired me greatly and it was because of her advice I started my weight loss journey. When I asked her how she keeps so young and healthy she said it’s simple, I skip every day for 30 minutes. Needless to day I was mightily impressed and have since tried to skip without success, my lungs and weight are not ready for such a trauma but I keep working on it every now and then and it is getting easier. It was this story that got SAMM and I talking about jump rope.

I visited Dorothy at her home and observed her doing 30 minutes skipping, she had a leisurely pace but did not stop once and apart from a flushed face at the end she showed no signs of exhaustion, now that is fit. She recommended that I lose all my excess weight before beginning skipping thereby avoiding muscle injury. As an alternative I swing a 20 lb kettlebell which makes me strong and also clears out the lymphatic system. This is something you can do no matter what your weight but start with a lightweight bell and move up gradually. Use a big mirror to ensure you have the correct posture for each movement.

We can all be more than we are in strength and health but it requires hard work and discipline. Trust me it will be worth it for our old age to be fit and strong.

I have made my decision to be 10 stone for my 60 th birthday next Autumn, I will get there no matter what it takes. I have made lots of long term dietary changes because I don’t want to ever diet again after I reach goal. I believe I will be fasting at least one day per week for ever to maintain even my healthy regime that includes lots of exercise. My body does not burn calories very efficiently and I have accepted that and am now working out a way to live with it. Tests have been done and no problems found which is good.

Fasting today, happy to be doing it. Good luck my friends, be positive and enjoy life.

Hi all, oh my feet are aching. My younger son asked to go on a walk with me tonight- literally the first time he has walked with me since he was in a stroller. Anyway as my waist meets his hips our stride difference was considerable. He then proposed a longer walk so it was dark by the time we got home. During the walk which was up and down hills he got me to run. I think I ran 15 metres and then said no more! I did another ten metres 15 mins later but balked at trying to run uphill, much to his dissatisfaction. The nice thing was that we were together and given how difficult this year has been living with him, I treasured it. Not sure he will ask me again but it was good to put more effort into a walk. Do think I need to replace my ancient joggers. Tomorrow a FD. I cope better with FD than non FD . I really have to get that aspect under control as it is impeding my progress.

I was miserable with being cold yesterday due to having to have all the windows open for the painter and fasting, so I’ve given up on the idea of B2B and decided to have 800-1,000 calories today and again tomorrow. I’ve had a late breakfast and suddenly my world is a much better place πŸ˜›

Jojo, glad to hear that both you and the dog are better πŸ™‚

Emel, if you are going to walk or run decent shoes are the most important thing. Go spend some money, and I hope you get to walk again with your son for company. When I go out with my friend we walk much further as we don’t notice the distance due to expelling so much hot air πŸ˜†

Hi everyone

Jojo, glad life generally is improving, especially your dear sick mate.

Today’s proposed FD turned out a complete write-off. Despite doing this b2b routine for months now, I just couldn’t today. Had usual 20g oats with 30ml milk this morning, plus about 50g new season cherries. After less than 2 hours at work I could have eaten the desk. I did all the usual things – delay, drink (4 cups of black tea by 10am), deep breathing, manufactured an excuse to go to the library ….. Nothing worked so had cafe latte which shut my grumbly tum up.

Overall not so bad for a non-FD: aforesaid breakfast, coffee, salad for lunch, few corn chips with salsa in the afternoon and pasta with tomato, onion, mushroom and capsicum sauce with sprinkle of parmesan.

Have to go into work on Friday for a meeting 10.30-12.30 so will try again then with usual light FD breakfast, no lunch and light dinner. Very cross with myself but sometimes have to face reality.

The beauty of this WOL though is that there’s no negative self-talk of old: ‘I’m so useless, can’t do this, no self-control, may as well give up and face the fact that I’ll be this shape forever’. Just try again another day, with the inspiration of you all my fasting friends.

Feeling after-effects of yesterday’s extra strong yoga workout and have weight training tomorrow. Good thing I don’t work on Thursdays – think will sleep in πŸ˜‰

Take care everyone and keep up the good work.

Hi everyone.

Emel I second Amazon re the shoes. I have had a very painful achilles from a combination of average work shoes (sometimes walked all night on a 10 hr shift) plus going back to driving a manual car. Left foot has been very painful for 18 months and currently having foot mobilisation and intensive feet exercises with a switched on podiatrist. I also had to sell my old car which I had vowed to be buried in! It was an old SAAB, black convertible, gorgeous but had a very heavy clutch. I really wish I had invested in better shoes!

It’s lovely that your son wanted to walk with you. If he is being a difficult teenager then it means a lot! My youngest was a nightmare until well into his 20’s, very stubborn and a risk taker, but is a beautiful young man now (maybe just a bit biased) and very proud of his mum’s weight loss!

Jojo I am so happy to hear about your pooch. Our old fellow died a few years ago and it has amazed me how much I still miss him. Someone once said to me that the trouble with dogs is that they don’t live long enough. I thought it an odd comment at the time, but now understand what he meant. I would love to skip but every time I have taken it up my knees have swollen badly…..sounds like I have all the excuses …. Dodgy knees, aching achilles!! I do enjoy walking, just not up hills!

I so know what you mean about the lack of negative self talk Nicky, makes it so much easier to push on and over any little speed bumps doesn’t it?

Cheers x

Viewing 50 posts - 4,201 through 4,250 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.