Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 16,657 total)

• Well done jojo, all the little goals keep us going, wear your pedometer everyday and see it mount up over the week. It will keep you going to increase the steps by even 100 steps every time. Go girl go. JIP

My God what a show, Vincent and Flavia were incredible and supports artists were amazing too. Thoroughly good show and we had great seats in the stalls, the
    8 th row, central slot, perfect view.

The weather was foul and of course I was wearing my shopping sandals, now soaked through, probably catch a cold. I forgot my phone and my sister in law did not turn up at the correct meeting place because of a missed email. It took us nearly two hours to find each other, crazy. Good exercise though, well over 10,000 steps today.

For dinner I had hake with prawns on a bed of veg which included potato they forgot to describe on the menu, sadly swimming in butter. No tip for them, also shocking service 45 minutes from order time. No pudding eaten but I had an ice cream at the interval, yummy, honeycomb. Don ‘t want to weigh in tomorrow but feel I should to see what damage I have done.

Yes JIPWGP I will keep increasing the steps each day.

I am happy to do 350 fasting again, how did it go for you Ply?

May walk to the beach tomorrow, get the children started on sports day practise.

Happy fasting all

@samm, I love the image of noodle-sword fights on exercise balls! Make it fun and they will move!

@jip, no one can deny your WW success! Sounds like you have a wonderful group to share successes with. Love the cakes cut in half…delicious and non-sabotaging!

@jojo, so glad that the show was more than worth the logistical, weather, and restaurant difficulties! You are so positive…many would have let the issues ruin their evening!

I did not make it for 350, but I did end up with 3 fast days in a row without planning to. I did my regular B2B Monday and Tuesday, and I was away giving a presentation today. I rarely eat on those days, as I am busy and on my feet all day (10,000+ steps just moving around the room). I would have to go out to get some lunch, and I prefer to use the lunch break to review the materials for the afternoon. After the session, I have a 2-3 hour drive home, so you can see how a fast day happens without much effort. I am just finishing a wild salmon and spinach salad with capers and dill, but I am up to the 500 mark. We will see how the scales react to my unplanned prolonged fast

Enjoy the rest of the evening, everyone!

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/nutrition/gain-mass/time-your-meals-muscle-growthWhen I get more experience with the diabetic diet ill start a thread here on 5:2 that I geared for any diabetics. It really is a tricky health factor. Using diet to get into DNA repair mode vs losing fat or gaining muscle While monitoring blood sugar. However its possib l e but restrictive. Not exactly 5:2 but just like5:2 is a variantof adf because it something that is doable. I believe there may also be a doable days for diabetics.

Especailly the exercise threads
    http://www.muscleandfitness.com/nutrition/gain-mass/time-your-meals-muscle-growth

the link is a short read. Its not a huge step to alter feed and exercise days with this information about muscle gmuscle gain and muscle loss nutrition. If anyone finds another article I would be very interested

this is a short read link

Features > Galleries > Nutrition > 12 Laws of Fat-Burning12 Laws of Fat-Burning

By Chris Aceto and Jim Stoppani, PhD

Want to see your six-pack again – or for the first time ever? You’ll find all you need to know to get superlean in a dozen simple rules.

10. Empty Your Glycogen Stores Once Every Two Weeks
    Glycogen is the unused and stored form of carbohydrates in muscles. When glycogen stores begin to peak from eating plenty of carbs, the body upgrades its fat-storing ability. Conversely, as glycogen stores are depleted, fat-burning increases. One way to kick-start the fat-burning process is to go extremely low-carb on two consecutive days every couple of weeks. This ensures that you tap into your glycogen stores for fuel, which signals the body to burn more fat.

Do This: Limit your total carbs on two consecutive days every two weeks or so to less than 100 grams per day. This will require you to know how many grams of carbohydrates are in the foods you eat and have the discipline to be very strict on your intake. Your diligence will be rewarded with a noticeable difference in bodyfat. After two days, you can return to a more normal, though not excessive, carb intake.

at burning results.

9 Foods that Should…

Get Stacked: Healthy…

Six Fat-Burning Ingr…

10 Foods That Should…

5 Simple Tips to Get…

11 Reasons You’re No…

Easy Does It: Conven…

12 Surefire Muscle-B…

7 Power Breakfasts t…

The Best Protein For…

A Guide to Heart-Hea…

5 Ways to Eat for St…

10 Superfoods for Su…

Muscle Food: 10 Nutr…

7 Protein-Packed and…

8 Ways to Up Your Pr…

Add Muscle to Your M…

Comments

CONNECT WITH US

FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle plusYouTube

Newsletter Signup

Videos

Rock Hard Challenge 2014 Workout Video

00:00/02:46

Copyright © 2014 Weider Publications, LLC, a subsidiary of American Media, Inc.  All rights reserved.

On this new cell. Sorry for posting this here.

this is just note for future reference.

Hi Cellilouis,
    Thank you for your contribution, I agree it’s what you eat combined with how much you eat plus eating organically but shaking up the routine occasionally definitely shocks the body into action. I too like the Paleo Diet but it’s quite difficult to maintain.

Cathyork – good to hear from you.
    How are you getting on.

Ply – positive energy is my lifeline. Stops me boring others and makes me more fun to be around. There is nothing worse than a negative friend, my sister never stops moaning about her aches and pains.
    How about try 350 on Saturday, my next attempt?
    Jip – sounds a great support group. I don’t have a sweet tooth but I can appreciate the a occasional foray into celebratory cake. I was so tempted to have a pasty yesterday to celebrate my three stone loss but couldn’t spare 700 calories, those days have gone for a year, five minutes pleasure is not worth a gain. Great attitude, slim hips teehee.

SAMM, I am sure your new thread will be very helpful. Sadly I cannot contribute much I haven’t had any involvement with body building or diabetes. Mystery to me. Good Luck, I am sure there are plenty of very experienced threaders that can help.

I have just learnt that you need 500 cals daily to feed your brain so going below that level is not recommended. Guess I need to re-think my strategy on Saturday. Maybe I will stick to 500 but add 5,000 steps. That is only a couple of miles. Let’s hope the weather cheers up I want to get out there without getting drowned. Mind you on a positive note( you know me by now) no watering, full water butts and very healthy plants.
    The woodland is looking amazing too, the cow parsley is over 4 feet high now and in full blossom, it makes it look so magical. Can you imagine the pleasure young children get from having a waist high view? Also we now have foxgloves and poppies growing. Don’t panic the children understand the no pick,no lick policy of poisonous and allergy reactive wild flowers and grasses, not to mention nettles, thistles and cleavers(goose grass). They are very well informed my forest school children, more so than their families in most cases. But we all have one common enemy – you guessed it- the damn midge(mosquito). Ordered supplies of Citronella bushes, coils and Avon lemon moisturiser this week. Here’s hoping!

Hi. I’m enjoying reading your very considered posts and the information is great from everyone.

I’m on week 1 having lapsed since last December but this time I have a new shift in my thinking about succeeding. That is probably my biggest hurdle. I don’t have much to lose – about 14lbs and know from my previous experience with 5:2 that I lose 1lb a week but I’m fine with that.

This time I’m doing HIIT – great app called 7 that I’m using – to try to change my shape a bit.
    But reading the post about skipping reminded me about rebounding (mini trampolining to you and me). I used to do this but lent it to my niece a few months ago and promptly forgot about it.

But I just wanted to let you know JoJo that for me it was a great way to shift lbs. I have never experienced a workout that also seemed to really change my shape so quickly. I only did 15 minutes 4-5 times a week and it made a huge difference. I have a DVD called Bounce Back into Shape by ‘onesixeight: fitness’ but I only ever did the first 15 minutes. She (Becky) does this thing where you use your body weight to pull your legs up when you bounce, which for me seemed to work my mid section like it has never been worked before! You can google the trainer because she does classes somewhere and the reviews by her pupils are very encouraging.

I googled ‘rebounding’ before I bought one from Argos. Just a basic one but I see them on Gumtree for sale very cheaply too. It claims to be amazing for lymphatic drainage and apparently NASA use it as part of their training. If it’s good enough for the astronauts…

We all respond differently to different types of exercise but I just thought I would put it out there.

Now, I’m off to call my niece…

Here’s to success!

Hi Josiebee, I am just about to ask my husband to get my Argos trampoline from the garage where it’s been stored for a ( well I cannot remember when I banished it down there) today’s the day I will start again, I only needed the nudge. LOL. I am also playing lawn green bowls if the weather stays fine this afternoon. it’s has just stopped raining I am waiting to see if the Captain calls the game off if the forecast in rain. Thanks agin for the kick up the bum. JIP

Good morning fasttrackers, wonderful to read everybody’s positive posts! I’ve got in two solidly good fast days in this week, have a 16:8 at 50% planned for Friday; only made 5,000 steps on Monday because of thunderstorms, but managed 14,000 on Tuesday and 12,000 yesterday — better get out there soon today, more thunderstorms expected for this afternoon!

My FastBeach diet book arrived in the mail, have just started reading it, one contributing factor to weight loss slowing for me might be poorer sleep, some nights I wake up and can’t get back to sleep, but it’s the grief running its course, so I think I just have to put up with it for a while.

I need to pick one upper-body HIT exercise to start learning how to do. I learned before that I need to be very gradual with this. With all the walking I’m doing, and Zumba class, what’s getting left out is my upper body. I need something that won’t stress my rotator cuff and won’t make the boobs bounce. Any ideas?

On the ‘tale of two metabolisms’ thread simcoeluv posted a link to a really interesting documentary about why some thin people stay thin. Here it is:
    http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/why-are-thin-people-not-fat/
    I thought it was really fascinating.

jojo, a shame about the 350 calories maybe not being a good idea. Glad you got to see a great show.

I was thinking about the mosquitoes in the pond next door. Where I live, it would be possible to get the health department to make them do something about mosquito control, because of West Nile virus. Would something like that work where you live?

SAMM, if you want help with a diabetes 5:2 thread, I don’t have diabetes but used to be a nurse and know how to read a research study, would be willing to be of assistance. It should be possible to use IF to good effect in type 2 diabetes once you know your own medications, their mechanisms of action, and how you respond to them. I have seen posts on other threads here from people with diabetes or whose family member has diabetes and is doing 5:2. I think you can find a community if you start a thread, some people who’ve even been doing it for a while. ‘calling all diabetics’, or something like that.

Thanks
    right now I would be completely guessing. So ill wait till I have more Information. Fasting can be. Harmful to a diabetic so ill just be a low profile . Actually im tooooooo tired to say anythi gn
    Good.

just making a wild assumption that by only losing 1-2 pounds aweek theres less of a yoyo ecfect. I prefererd feed fast days. Theres got to be away to fo that as ia b rtic

SAMM, I hear where you’re coming from, but it is not necessary to already be an expert to start a thread, we are all learning. Of course we like having you right here 🙂

Giggles. Fell asleep but somehow posted? . . What I mean to say is there is a type of eating that matches the calories of food equal to the amoung of exercise . Nope. I’m too sleepy. Good night. Enjoy your food! If not. Start over!

Hello All,
    I am one tired Mama tonight, walked my legs off today yet it is only 8,000 steps, I cannot believe it. Sorry but after yesterday I am too tired to do any more tonight. So we have other jumpers, trampoline I mean, or rebounder. I would not be too popular rebounding in an upstairs flat, might damage the neighbours ceiling. But I do use the big garden trampoline, a skipping rope and a swing kettlebell( great upper body work out).
    Hey Franfit, my beach book arrived today too, it will be my bedtime reading tonight.
    JIPWGP, do you really cancel bowls when it’s raining? We still play down here on the South Coast, all weathers game.
    SAMM – I agree, starting your own thread for diabetics is the way to go. You will learn a great deal from people who have been dealing with the condition for years. May save you time and stop you making diet mistakes.
    I started this thread because I felt others threads did not meet my needs or understand my desire and determination to lose weight at 2 lbs per week. Here we have a group who challenge and experiment, learning more about food and their own body. I also needed to be talking to people who did not accept limitations which are actually unfounded. Sometimes you need to be prepared to go the extra mile to get what you want.( not tonight though, I’m shattered too). Job still ok? Neighbours still gunning for you? I hope not, sounds awful. I couldn’t live with that stress.
    Had goats cheese, pea shoots, beans, leaves, peppers and light dressing salad for lunch at gallery then skate wing, zero noodles stir fry for dinner. I also had some birthday cake today( not mine-a child at nursery), very fine home made Victoria sponge with a little icing – very good.
    Kiwi for pudding, possibly a yogurt later.
    Exercise – walking the dogs along the beach at 7.30 am until 8-15, walking around shops pm, dog walk at tea time(30 mins). Walking to the Polling Station to vote.
    Now laying on sofa, feet raised.

Tomorrow I will play bowls, swim and do an hour gym workout. Dog walk too. Probably do some yoga too.

Speak tomorrow guys( both sexes) keep drinking, jumping, skipping, walking and laughing.

Hi
    I like this thread too, especially that it for those able to use exercise, or an increased N.E.A.T to try for more than the typical weight loss. That your thread still open to new posters.
    I’m always concerned when a fast day goes under 800 calories, especially with increasesd exercise. I take very serious the long term effect. While I won’t discourage anyone’s effort. I do point time to time to issues I read about. I mean with so many other diets that claim to lose 30lbs in 8 weeks. It’s hard to believe that losing more than 1lb a week could be cause for concern. To me it’s a matter of giving what the body needs . Finding that menu that provides nutrients to bones, muscles, organs, blood, and even the digestive health. While I find 5:2 doable , I found 4:3 more effective especially while I still sedentary.
    Personally I found increasing my N.E.A.T. More effective than exercising. I believe because I wasn’t enjoying the exercise as much? I’m just in the middle of being weak, but sometimes feeling strong. When find an activity that increases my strength that I enjoy. I keep on it. However when I do something that feels like work. , as much as I try I eventually quit, but need a social angle to Intrested. I adopted an attitude of just meeting the minimum on the body building front. I’m happy being ” the” beginner. Just being able to go through the motions of the seven compound lifts. Focusing on doing them right and enjoying the strength training slowly. Especially in a way that doesn’t leave me aching for days on end.

My experience has been pleasant losing weight on 5:2 . To lose more I was going to get much more active. However I have been diagnosed with a disease that requires much more attention to details than just menu planing and rolling an exercise routine. It’s would be easy to distracted. From my goal to transform into a healthy weight instead of an obese man. So I’m still determined to reach the 100lb weight loss goal. Over 4-5 year period. To do that my menu does need to change, and simplest way for me to do that is YOUR GOING TO LAUGH! Have someone else do my grocery shopping!
    At first It seemed really stupid. However. I was no longer. Buying thing that weren’t on my shopping list.
    My grocery bill actually went down and my nutrients from foods , became increased.
    That left me fish. I don’t like to cook it. I get complaints from family before during and after so I started actively taking the family out to dinner. Three days a week specifically where I buy a healthy fish dinner and they can get whatever they like. It occurred to me that I could buy extra fish. To eat on fast day.
    I was glad to realize I was spending about the same money , having my shopping delivered and eating out 3 days a week. I was determined to make the evenings out more like dates with my wife, to add to the choice of eating healthier. I’m such a hustle hustle hustle personality that the decision to stop eating at home in front of the television hushing them . Instead has been replaced with me giving them attention and focussing on listening to them instead of the television. I always invite them to go for a walk after dinner. Weather permitting, but if they’re not intrrested I whip out the jumprope. And get in 7 minutes. This embarrassed them at first. Overtime they found they could listen to favorite music . It really does seem better quality time. I have better energy to skip rope just after eating out when I dont stuff myself to the gills.
    I guess that’s the lifestyle aspect that is making the difference for me. As I’ve moved from sedentary and
    Eating in an uncontrolled way. To increasing my neat, cardio during the week and lifting on the weekends . The weight is just coming off. The for me is not just finding what works, but also what enjoy. What’s doable. So I’ll be getting organized on the diabetic front as that’s my biggest threat to my longevity. I’m approach like I’m going to gather information to write a book! But really is just a personal journey Titled. The Doable Diabetic Diet. Different parts. 1 focus on sugar monitoring and trends. 2 exercise in ways that promote an active N.E.A.T. 3 foods that make eating enjoyable. 4 GP approved calorie restriction for diabetic condition.
    How can ever thank The Mosely crew enough? If I hadn’t gotten started on 5:2 when I did . I may not have gotten ready for this next challenge to survive longer. What I will try to keep in mind ,is to find ways to enjoy the challenge , that to think of it as insurmountable. Yesterday I walked 28 miles, and ate great foods.

SAMM, I admire the way you integrate improving your health, lifestyle, finances, and relationships with your wife and daughter! I am a social exerciser as well,a Nd look forward to the summer when my teacher friends and I have more time to get out for runs together.p

Jojo, you have indeed been busy, and a little feet-up time can only be good! Lunch and dinner both sounded delicious. I love goat cheese, but have never seen skate wing available around here, and I love near the coast where fresh fish is readily available. I am so glad that you started this thread. I do not believe that “slow and steady” to the tune of a couple of pounds per month is the best way! I know I would have a hard time staying motivated if that were the case. Our goal here is weight loss and the accompanying health benefits, so go big or go home! I am approaching the 25 pound lost mark over 3 months. Years ago, it took me 8 months to lose that amount. Feeling great!

Franfit, you are a walking machine! Don’t you find it funny how what now is not much exercise is something that used to be unimaginably difficult? Celebrate how far you’ve come! I do not know when the Fast Beach Boom will be available on US iBooks…frustrating! As far as upper body exercises, I think you want to look at strength training rather than HIIT. Biceps curls, upright rows, triceps dips…not sure about the rotator cuff interaction, but your doctor or a PT should be able to advise. The nice thing is that upper body work seems to have an impact quickly, just a matter of weeks.

Long weekend here in the states (bank holiday?) for Memorial Day. Family party for my two nieces graduating, and maybe an overnight getaway with my Sweetie…maybe it will be warm enough for a beach visit! Happy day, everyone!

Oh yes nearly escaped me. I’ve had torn rotar cuff for over twenty years. Was in lvl 2 pain without ceasing. Only stopped hurting one day out of the blue. Surgeries were not sognifigantly effective twenty years ago, but now have vastly improved.

If you have chronic rotator cuff pain, I sternly suggest therapy daily.

However. The use of stability ball to get down on the floor. May take some of the stress away from the injury while doing core exercise. I also learned to sleep on my back , with my wrist turned inward helped when the injury became locked up.

Which ever exercise you choose consider this. Pushing and pulling uses two different muscle groups. Using those punjy cords helped me work both with push and pull. Also I tried buy anti inflammatory foods as I didn’t choose medication. It didn’t help , but I believe it didn’t hurt. I now only have mobility issues with it as it’s like grinding any and every movement. But the chronic pain is gone, I wish I had gone in for
    surgery . When the techniques improved , life is so much better without chronic pain.

Good morning fast trackers,
    Another day and increased determination. I slept like a log, walking does aid that for sure, although I have always been a good sleeper, thank yoga for that one, keeps me calm and relaxed.
    Another day and evening of entertaining for me. Speak later.
    Be strong and win, you know you can – looking forward to fasting tomorrow.

Good luck if you are fasting, I am eating healthily most of the day. Rounding of with Eton mess, sorry but it’s pre ordered, not a sensible choice. I will try to only eat half.
    Sun shining here, who knows for how long, plenty of rain this week.
    I may get my ball out, great for assisted press ups strengthening wrists and toning upper arms girls.

Morning jojo, yes ladies captain and opposite captain can call a game off before it starts if it looks dangerous and we are all over 60, even 70. So better to be safe, but if it rains when we have already started the game we get our wets on and keep going, anyway not for me to argue with captain or I will not be picked for one or any of our three games a week that I want to be considered for. I do not know how you do all what you do I feel tired just reading about it all. I am fasting today,I did not fast Tuesday, wed, or Thursday. So back to on track. JIP.

Samm, your walking yesterday is fantastic it’s more than a marathon that is 26.2 miles. At that rate your 100 lb lose is in sight. I wish you good health and happy fasting. JIP

Good morning, fast trackers, good to read about your progress 🙂

I’ve been feeling under the weather since yesterday afternoon, thunderstorms here, only 3,000 steps yesterday, feeling really poorly this AM so having a 200 calorie breakfast rather than doing a 16:8. Did read the Fast Beach Diet book.

It looks like I might not lose any weight this week after two weeks of losing only 1/2 pound per week, so time for a re-boot. Unfortunately I already do most of what’s in the book, and have to increase exercise very gradually. So I have to think about this a bit. I think for upper body/core I will start with adding the plank exercise. I think I will also re-try stair-climbing, but start with climbing 5 flights as fast as I can (can’t run up them, I feel like I’m going to lose my balance) just *once* in a day and increasing very gradually. Might also try a couple of 10-second bouts of walking uphill as fast as I can. Got to work out how many times a week of each thing. Maybe look up some weight-lifting exercises for my arms, too. Just thinking, here, don’t have a complete plan yet.

I may keep a food diary for a week. I have been hungrier than usual on non-fast days the last couple of weeks and know that I’ve eaten more than usual on some of those days. Just having to measure out my portions so I can record them accurately will probably result in cutting back.

I rarely snack without being hungry. I can recall one homemade cookie at a knitting class in the past several months. I have had a handful of snacks at home when I was physically hungry, choosing something healthy I would eat at a meal. I could cut out my scoop of ice cream after dinner that I have about three or four times a week for six weeks, but somehow that feels extreme to me. Maybe that’s a clue that I should try it, who knows. It’s not like it makes me binge on carbs or anything.

My TDEE is pretty low, I eat pretty well, there’s not a lot of junk to cut out. I don’t drink any alcohol.

I should probably treat myself to a new cookbook and come up with some new fast-day recipes, I haven’t been feeling especially inspired about fast-day cooking lately. I like to take regular cookbooks that I like the food from and find recipes I can adapt for fast days. Thinking about either “Plenty: Vibrant Recipes from London’s Ottolenghi” by Yotam Ottolenghi or “Classic Indian Vegetarian and Grain Cooking” by Julie Sahni, since we eat mostly vegetarian. Any thoughts?

SAMM, sorry to hear about your rotator cuff, mine is not completely torn, but was damaged because of positioning necessary to get at my breast cancer with radiation ten years ago, and, although mostly healed, it’s still quite vulnerable, I have to be careful with it. But you do remind me that I need to schedule PT for my knee, which vulnerability is getting in the way of stair-climbing and Zumba kicks.

JIP, 16:8 is a form of intermittent fasting for people who don’t need to lose weight, you confine all your eating to the same 8 hours out of each day, to get some of the benefits of lowering insulin levels, etc., without losing weight. I believe it originated in the bodybuilding community, SAMM probably knows a lot more about it than I do. I use it for when I can’t do a complete third fasting day in a week, I don’t have breakfast, have a 200-calorie snack before going back to work in the afternoon, then a 500-calorie dinner.

Happy Friday, everyone, and wishing all those who are fasting today success 🙂

My understanding is the cron dieters. Thats not a typo. CRON CALORIE RESTRICTION OPTIMAL NUTITION

have the research verified longevity .
    I also read tgat its not good to hg ave only 1 meal.

TheirI r reseach poinred to getting all nutrition in a 4 1/2 hour window. Avoided all issues. However eating In an 8 window seems more doable. No research indicates 16:8 has any benificial on longevity. Where as 19.5/4.5 is close to putting the body in DNA repair mode.

What was more doable for me was 4:3. Eating at noon and again at 5pm. On fast days . After geti g used to it. I was able to cut my tdee back by 3400 calories. So I was burning fat or in dna repair mode. Everyday.

The I hi f a plateaus. And. Gave up

Sorry another marathon to finnish my work weeek.
    My tact may be in. Poor j udgment. . 16/8 is good for appetite control. Like not snaking and learning to eating routine ly . which is part of the foundation for maintaining diet and weight loss.

Thanks franfit, when I am faasting most days I have fruit for breakfast ie melon, then through out the day I have coffees and some fruit an apple tangerine, about 6pm soup or 2 boiled eggs, a yoghurt and now I am trying to stop eating after 7pm. I find fasting days easier to control. Perhaps I should 2-5 instead of 5- 2? LOL JIP

Good evening Fastrackers,
    I have just returned from dinner at the opening of the Modrian exhibition. Fantastic evening full off stylish dressers. Meal and Jazz band was good too. Tracy Emmin(Artist) was there too, she is our most famous local artist. Damian Hurst seems quite dull compared to some of her stuff.
    My company left this afternoon, we had a great couple of days, laughing most of the time. Isn’t it wonderful to have friends that bring humour and joy into your life. In contrast my company for dinner tonight was intellectually stimulating but not fun. I want more fun, it shouldn’t just be for youngsters.
    Just watching Chatty Man because John Cleese of Monty Python Fame, master of comedy, is a guest behaving badly as usual.
    They are playing th O2, that will be a great come back.
    Back to main topic – socialising and diets do not mix – too much food and too little exercise so I am going to fast Saturday and Sunday, wish me luck I don’t usually fast during the weekend.
    Weigh in tomorrow, not looking forward to it.
    Wearing pedometer every day now but only achieved 10,000 steps on one day out of 3. I am now researching super foods and reading Fast Beach Diet. I will let you know what I think next week.
    JIPWGP, if you don’t have at least 1200 cals on 5 non fast days you will lower you metabolic rate, why are you fasting 5 days. At worse you should do ADF but that must be restricted to less than three months. There is no point getting slim if you are going to immediately regain weight due to low metabolic rate. I am sure you know all this and have your reasons, what are they? Please share?
    Franfit
    I know slow weight loss is frustrating. Are you trying Fast Beach?

Have a good weekend all
    I will be playing bowls, learning to be a bowls match marker and gardening(weather permitting)

Walking and Activity Levels
    Researchers at Arizona State University have established baseline activity levels based on the number of steps taken each day. People who take fewer than 5,000 steps are considered to be sedentary or inactive. Those who take 5,000 to 7,499 steps daily have a low active lifestyle. Somewhat active people usually take 7,500 to 9,999 steps per day. People considered to be active take 10,000 or more steps per day.

Walking for Weight Loss
    About 10,000 steps is the equivalent of exercising strenuously for 30 minutes, or walking five miles per day. By following this routine, you’ll expend an additional 2,000 to 3,500 calories per week. One pound of fat equals 3,500 calories. The average person takes 2,300 to 3,000 steps per day. This is a dismal rate compared to the Amish people, who take an average of 19,000 steps per day. The Amish community has the lowest percentage of obese adults compared with the American population at large.

My pedometer counted 82,201 today. Now imm getting back into skipping rope just after meals. I have a seven minute routine.

Good Morning fast trackers,
    What a miserable wet day, let’s hope it brightens up? But my garden is full of colour so I am very happy. I have two new hanging basket, purple petunias and a white wrought iron bench which I put together yesterday. These are ser right outside my front door and have immediate impact on arrival or when I go out. I can sit there late afternoon with an ipad or a book and my fruit or herb tea, heaven. I also got a present of an Asian Poppy from my guest, it is spectacular, huge brilliant red flower heads and the bees are very pleased with me, they were buzzing around even before I got it in the ground.
    Now, as suspected no extra loss this week but didn’t gain from Monday after 350 cal day. So basically 1.1/4 down this week. Now on back to back this weekend then next week I will try Fast Beach Diet.
    SAMM – that step information was very interesting I will monitor every day this week to find out my average. It is a school holiday week ( half term)so I should be able to notch it up above 10, 000 steps with three dog walks and a little shopping. I will also record my gym work out in steps, that will be useful. Afraid I didn’t wear my pedometer last night because I was dressed up to the nines and I didn’t want any bulk around my newly slim waist. A girl’s got to do what a girl’s got to do, fashion and style maketh woman( and some men) feel good.
    Franfit – suggestion to shock body into weight loss. Change every food for one week, keep it vegetarian, cut fruit to berries only, do not eat dairy. Last time I did this and trust me it is drastic I lost 3 lbs, good luck. P.s. Do you eat zero noodles?, they are great, £1.00 per pack bought from Amazon in bulk. Definitely cut ice cream in favour of homemade fruit lollies( just one week, you can do it). Don’t watch tv for the week either, walk or bath and very early nights. Very good luck

SAMM thanks for the book details about nutrition, this is my pet subject at the moment. I know we can all get more from trying new foods that we have not been using. I bought pearl barley and quinoa yesterday and will have these at some point this week. My mum used pearl barley in every soup or stew.
    I can always rely on you to contribute really useful tips and interesting cultural information like Amish activity levels, 19000 steps sound such a lot for an average, just shows you how far we haven’t come through industrialisation and modernisation of our work loads. My mother never sat down during the day, she had five children and spent her time cooking, shopping( daily) with bags, no car, washing(twin tub) and wringer, gardening, grew all her own veg. I only grow beans and tomatoes. She was even active when sitting, either sewing or knitting in front of the telly. Wonder how many calories knitting burns?
    Good Luck and have a great weekend, think of me, being sensible and good. Porridge beckons- rumbly in the tumbly as Pooh(Winnie) would say
    Keep skipping, bouncing, swinging( kettlebell), walking and drinking water.
    Tip for week ahead – cut carbs especially bread.

Good morning Jojo, I was only joking about the 5-2 and 2-5, I have done AFD and B2B but my commitment on non fast days are a bit shaky, I need to plan my NFD a bit more and as I have said I am trying not to eat after 7pm.
    Last night was the first night after a fasting day that I had a good nights sleep, I did stay up a bit later than usual. I did not eat after 7. I just need to do more of what one my school teacher’s use to say ( I must try harder ) that 1.1/2 lb is going to come off by hook or by crook.
    You do have a varied life and it sounds since you got rid of the shackles you are enjoying life. I have been there twice. That was over 28 years ago now.
    My mum said at the time that I was the type of girl who would and could bounce back, I said at the time there is only so many times I could get kicked in the teeth. I did bounce back and next year it will our 25th wedding anniversary.
    Happy fasting together today. I feel good today. JIP

Good morning Samm, I am now going to walk 10k plus every day. Thanks for the information, I am going to copy and paste that thead now. Happy fasting. JIP

Hi agin Jojo, I now know where you get your vigour from your Mum, I only did just over 12k yesterday and 4600 of that was on my newly retrieved trampoline from the garage, it now has pride of place in my conservatory and as I sit here it’s calling me, it’s after 11am and there’s a coffee calling, I think I will do 1000 before coffee, see I am listening to you all. JIP

Hi again, I am posting this on a few threads I use hope you find it interesting.
    Gaining weight puts a lot of extra stress and strain on your knees, which must bear the brunt of those excess pounds. The added pressure increases wear and tear, contributing to osteoarthritis. On the flip side, losing weight can help you take a load off, literally. One study (Arthritis and Rheumatism, July 2005) found that every lost pound subtracts four pounds of pressure from the knees for each step taken. In practical terms, losing just 10 pounds means that each knee is subjected to 48,000 fewer pounds of pressure for every mile walked. Happy fasting, I am doing the second day of a B2B. JIP

What great feeling I didn’t know I have. My exercise calls to me!

Recently I started making sure I have both vitamin C and Zinc 100% every day.
    At first was unnoticeable , but now I nearly crave it, feeling disappointed when don’t get it.
    I knew that vitamins and minerals can effect cravings.
    What I haven’t expected is craving to exercise! Perhaps some type of endorphins not sure exactly.
    Not the weight lifting so much as the sweating that comes from being hyperactive while jumping.
    I mat just be imagining it , but when I read JIP trampoline calling to her. It’s like a switch to realize my jumping rope calls to me. I’m up to 4 1/2 minutes before getting winded, im still trying to reach the ten minute mark before 2015.
    I’m trying to read and learn about what body builders do to just before during and after a work out.
    So it’s a 1 hour window of food and exercise. There’s a point. Where they cut all fat, while building muscle. I know they achieve it. So Im very curious as to what they are doing if their fat store is extremely depleted, yet not burning massive amounts of muscle…
    It occurs to me I should also be able to understand this technique and see where I can fit it in. Muscle building isn’t about belly fat at all. It’s about losing and gaining fat in the muscle groups. That’s where I believe most belly fat dieters, myself #1 have trouble with plateau. Were successful at depleting our fat store all over or bodies in the muscles. Then there’s nothing humans can do about it. Fat gets back in muscles . It normal. So I’m absolutely focused on how to use that my advantage. I’m like a dog after a cat. I will understand how to apply food and exercise under the conditions of plateau. I’m starting to believe fasting is way to maintain a plateau. Whereas a fat attack week can keep the glycogen store at levels where belly fat is used as fuel often and the brain senses it if practiced often. I believe without any research , but I believe the brain plays a role in protecting the body from extreme weight loss , but also there is a method that accesses belly fat without triggering a metabolic response. It would be different not only from person to person but different for the individual as the belly fat and fat stored in muscle tissues is released. Elusive , but is fact! The trick is if there is one. Is to enjoy the food, the rest, and the exercise.
    I don’t like going to a tread mill gym. But I enjoy boxer training instead. However. Once the belly fat is gone . There needs to be a lifestyle to maintain it. 5:2. Is in my opinion the best way to achieve what I’m talking about.

What I believe is a low carb week , followed by a 4:3 week is the simple overview.
    Unfortunately I can’t just do it if I set my mind to it whenever I wish. Due to the diabetes. However I’m trying to plan it out into a 1 week routine when I buy a lot more testing supplies.
    I plan to still have 1 fat attack week a month. With a goal of 2lbs weight loss.
    Where walking all day, and jumping just before or after meals all month. Then during fat attack week I do the heavy lifting. The key I believe Is going low carb. For about a week prior to lower glycol stores. This has a danger for me now, but being hyper-focused on the danger for a week. Then return to just being active walker and jumper. I believe is the path to putting my best foot forward. 229lbs. This morning, with high confidence I’ll make it to 174 by September 2018. I’ll be 50 years old.

It’s really not that complicated!
    Perhaps if I had better writing skills it may seem too easy to be true!

Deplete musle fat for a week, then ADF. Followed by muscle building for a week. Rest on weekends close to BMI.

Making stevia sweetened blueberry tea and eating red beans, plan to go out for fish dinner later. Family has agreed see Godzilla, I have blue oyster cult version of godzilla , planning to jumprope to it in parking space.
    I used to think my belly fat was as unconquerable as godzilla. 45 lbs of my Fatzilla gut is gone! There no stoping me now!
    Godzilla video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i3ikc2Mtzw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Workout at the park video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1AlGVaDMHc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

HEY EVERYONE, I LOST 1.8 LBS. THIS WEEK!!! After three weeks of only 1/2 pound weight loss per week, I skipped the number 117 altogether and went from 118.6 to 116.8 lbs. This sort of thing has happened to me with 5:2 before, in fact every 10 pounds or so my weight loss stalls for two or three weeks, then starts back up again. My physical rehab medicine doc tells me this is a typical pattern in weight loss (says he knows from personal experience as well as from his patients). So I’m at 40.2 pounds lost in 40 weeks 🙂

Yesterday we tried the Masala Shrimp from the FastDiet Cookbook and it was quite good. I more than doubled the amount of shrimp, so I doubled the amount of spices but not the butter and oil. It turned out I really needn’t have doubled the spices, there would have been plenty of masala paste for 3/4 pound of shrimp. Then I used up the veg in the fridge for a small salad of romaine, radicchio, radish, cucumber, and red onion with balsamic vinegar; sauteed half a zucchini and half a bag of baby spinach in 2 teaspoons of olive oil with 2 cloves of garlic (just started the zucchini, added the spinach 3 minutes later); and finished with the first fresh New Jersey strawberries of the season. Now I need inspiration for tomorrow’s fast day dinner.

Our family time is a couple of hours in the evening, one of us cooks dinner and we both enjoy it, we give my son’s guinea pigs treats from the fresh veg we’re trimming, my dwarf hamster gets a serving of people food, my son has the TV on but we’re only half-watching it, because he’s reading the news of the day on his computer while providing me with a summary and commentary, I’m knitting and petting my little hamster and supervising her out-of-cage play, he brings the guinea pigs out for a good petting and a chance to run around. This sort of thing is normal for a family where ADHD is present and someone is allergic to both dogs and cats, lol.

Apparently knitting burns only 25 calories per hour at my age. It is, however, one of the relatively sedentary activities that has some protective effects against dementia, since it involves problem-solving and hand-eye coordination. All of my beautiful hand-knit sweaters are now ginormous on me, I have to knit a whole new sweater wardrobe. Even some of my hand-knit socks are extremely baggy. I recently discovered a great use for the feet of socks that have grown holes: they make wonderful sleeping bags for dwarf hamsters, the more holes to poke her little head out of, the better.

Which reminds me, even my feet have gotten skinnier, to the point where even stuffing extra insoles into them doesn’t keep them on my feet. Have been replacing shoes as well as clothes.

I’m struggling a bit with exactly what my goal weight should be. No one but myself would see anything wrong with calling goal right now. My BMI is 20.1. My original goal was “to get back to my original adult baseline weight (97-112 pounds, usually 105-107 pounds), or at least within 5 or 10 pounds of it”, by which I meant somewhere between 105 and 115 pounds, depending on how I looked and felt when I got there. Then I started thinking that it would be really cool to be able to say “I lost 50 pounds” and “I lost 33% of my starting weight”, which would mean getting down to 106-107 for sure. When my weight loss slowed for a while I wondered if my body was telling me that I’d lost enough. However, I still feel some excess fat in my belly and my face, even if I do look fine. No signs of wrinkles showing up or of looking “gaunt”, like my overweight friends warned me about. But one problem is being slim-hipped, at 105-107 I’ll end up in size 0 or 00 jeans, which are both difficult to find and expensive (30 years ago I wore size 6 jeans at that weight, it shows you how sizes have changed; at 117 my 4s are a teeny bit baggy in some spots and my 2s only a teeny bit too tight in one spot). Now, my waist is still three sizes larger than my hips, if I bought high-rise jeans I would have to wear 8s and they would be super baggy in the hips and thighs, so I wear mid-rise or just below the waist. Another issue is that my BMI would go from 18.5 to 18.4 between 108 and 107 pounds, making me technically underweight, and would go down to 18.0 at 105 pounds. 112 pounds to 115 pounds would be BMI 19.2 to 19.7. I’m kind of leaning toward that for a maintenance range, if I look and feel good at that point, as then I could probably still wear size 2s. Sorry if reading this is depressing to anyone still struggling at a higher weight. I realize I should be glad to have this problem 😉 Not really sure why I’m obsessing about it so much. Maybe because I see maintenance as a big challenge and new adventure in itself, a point at which most people run into a lot of trouble, and I kind of want to get on with taking on that challenge. Maybe because I’m just an impatient sort. Maybe because I don’t want to quit early and feel like I didn’t accomplish what I set out to do unless I lose at least 50 pounds. Maybe all of the above. At least it sure sounds like I don’t have any doubt about being able to get there if I really want to, and that’s something that’s really wonderful about 5:2 🙂

JIP, how does WW set goals for people? I’ve been curious about that.

The FastBeach Diet, as I read it, is basically a souped-up version of 5:2. Since I know from experience that I have to ease into HIT very gradually, it’s not feasible for me to follow it exactly, but I would like to take some ideas from it. Time to start one HIT exercise and work up slowly. If weight loss stalls again, keep an accurate, detailed food diary for a week and analyze. Do a third fast day some weeks, like I did this week. Most of the ideas, I’m already doing. Although I certainly could cut out all treats for one week, I actually think it would be counterproductive for me to do so for six weeks. You are supposed to pick and choose the ideas that would work for you. The thing is, I’m actually already doing most of what she recommends, and don’t have the right kind of device to use the app, which seems to be part of the fun, although you certainly don’t have to use it.

She also mentioned the Two-Day Diet, so I decided to read up on that, to see if switching over to that for a while would shake things up for me. The problem there is that it’s too high-protein for someone at risk for kidney disease. I probably could do it if I stuck to the lowest number of protein servings they allow on restricted days. Interestingly, even if I did that, my restricted days on that seem like they would involve more food than I currently eat on fast days. And my eating on non-fasting days is already pretty close to what they recommend for their unrestricted days. So I don’t think it would be much of a shake-up. Still something I could consider if I started getting bored and couldn’t cope with that with new cookbooks and recipes.

Sorry for such a long-winded missive.

SAMM, looking forward to watching those videos later, right now it’s time for me to get moving, get out for a walk before this afternoon’s thunderstorms arrive!

Hi SAMM, great videos, Godzilla not really my cup of tea but I enjoyed watching the interval training. I will adapt my kettle bell work to include the girls routine, looks effective for upper arms. Thought you might like to look at some uk diabetes advice
    http://www.diabetes.org.uk
    Jip, my poor knees, glad you told me about that stress factor. Any facts about hips, they are my problem area, bursitus is a right bugger at the moment, linked to extra walking.
    Bought some books in a charity shop yesterday, the calorie, carb and fat bible of 2007, this will now live next to my scales. The other book is Lose your middle aged middle by Dr Mary Dan Eades and Michael Eades. I am on a reading weekend because the weather is foul, rain and thunder. Luckily I played bowls this morning but my pedometer is at 2174 and it’s 4.30 pm so I may be heading to the gym later for an hour, possibly do a swim after workout. My costume is getting very baggy I don’t think I will risk diving in. What a lovely thought I just had of me in a bikini for my holiday in September. Never thought I would wear one again.
    Now I had a great idea, first take a full length picture of yourself (in snug fitting clothes) against a plain wall, then take a picture of the plain wall from the same camera position. Now develop or print the pictures. Cut out your body as you would like it to be, in my case chop off at least a third of the measurement from each side. Of course if you are clever and have photoshop you can do all this on your laptop then print it, or if less IT literate you can mount the slimmer you ‘cut out’ onto the plain wall photo and stick this version on you fridge door. Target photo will inspire you, hopefully! If you are feeling rich you could have a full size one printed, stick it on your wardrobe door. Just another visual helper, marbles still moving from one wine glass to the other on my mantle. To lose jar still fuller though.
    Feeling cold, tired and lazy today so I am giving myself a good talking to, the swing ball awaits, bless it.
    Tell me guys, what supplements do you take and why?
    I only take kelp and garlic but I would consider other supplements that have been proven to help weight loss and increase metabolism. Not ones linked with heart risks obviously.
    Jip, very relieved to hear you were joking about fasting 5 out of 7 days, that would be madness. Only one and half pounds to go? You lucky devil. I used to have difficulty sleeping after fasting in my first three months, now it’s only my damn bladder that wakes me, water, water, water! Loo, loo, loo ! Still it’s more steps to add on I guess.
    Were you walking or jumping on your trampet?

Need to get some food organised tomorrow, the cupboards are bare.
    Have a good weekend all, whether fasting with me or enjoying eating days.

Hi franfit, I think WW way of finding goal weight is only by gender and height. When I joined in1995 and got to goal I feel sure they also took into account age 20’s 40’s etc. because back then my target weight was 9 stone 7 lbs, I managed to get to that in 1 year 3 months losing 3 stone but needless to say I did not stay there for every long, that’s when I found out I had under active thyroid and the wieght crept on over a couple of years, same old story. My target weight now is 10 st 01 lb that would give me BMI of 25 but I would be happy with that, I have never been a small person and at my age 69 next year the wrinkles are coming fast.
    What is the only saying nice legs shame about the face, in my case in would be nice body shame about the face. Don’t forget to enjoy life on your way to goal. JIP

Evening Jojo, hubby is watching footy so I am tucked up in bed and once again on my ipad, it’s the best thing since slice bread.
    Regrading your suggestion about the picture, on WW they have a way of doing this, you have to upload a photo of yourself at the weight you are or were when you started WW then there is a scale that can be pulled to the right that makes my figure go smaller just like magic. I also dabble with photoshop and one photo I had taken years ago by a Christmas tree was so awful I added to the tree a few more branches and It looked a lot better when I had finished with my photoshop tools.
    I walk/run fast for 30 seconds and slow a little for 1 minute, I can keep trampolining for 25 minutes on a good day, my trampoline is a small one and I think I might do myself some damage if I jumped on it.
    I take so many med tablets that I only take garlic capsules and they are to keep the biters at bay, I usually holiday abroad 3 or 4 times in our British winter so I take them all year round they also help with a runny nose that seems to happen on the bowling green or when I am out walking.
    I think I will call it a day now and see if I can have a good night sleep like last night after fasting again today with my B2B. Will fast again on Monday it will make 3 fast days this week. Not fasting tomorrow but I will again on Monday, Ready for Tuesday morning weigh-in at WW. Good night JIP

Good evening JIPWGP,
    I use my ipad all day and evening too, if out I have an iPhone, totally addicted to communication. The ww app sounds fun too. I may do some research on the net see if there is a similar package available.
    I have had a good fast day today but haven’t done much exercise, just not in the mood. Done a little gardening and housework but mainly reading. Just watching a film before bed.
    Everyone seems to be making good progress on here which is thrilling. Franfit especially has made real progress this week.
    Another fast day tomorrow because I had some high calorie days when my guest was staying. Prefer not to fast on a Sunday so it might be a tough day

jojo, I’ll fast with you tomorrow 🙂 I work Sunday mornings, so usually fast that day. Planning an eggplant and mushroom curry, I have to work out the calories/portion size. Don’t want to eat it on white rice, don’t want to make a whole pot of brown my son won’t eat, debating quinoa or bulgur.

Everyone needs a day off now and then, I think, even you! I’m so envious of your garden, it sounds so lovely. I walked down by the creek and through the woodland garden today; first I saw a few dainty pink and purple blossoms, then suddenly I was in a small forest of enormous, ancient rhododendrons of all colors, with a mass of ferns underneath. So beautiful in that quiet, woodland way. A few tiny woodland creatures scampered when they heard me coming, they were so fast I could not identify them.

JIP, thanks for the info, hoping that you reach your goal soon, you are so doggedly determined, I admire that. You are right about enjoying life, the grief is getting in the way right now.

All this talk about trampolines is getting me thinking about ordering a small one to use indoors — 36″ or 48″? Even though we have little space, I think I would be more comfortable on 48″. Want something easy I can do indoors when the weather gets so hot that I don’t feel like walking. Even though we’re on the second floor, this building is built like a fortress, I don’t think we’d disturb the downstairs neighbors. Even if it made my boobs bounce, I imagine I could just hold them up, unlike with jumping jacks or skipping rope, where you’re using your arms for something else.

jojo, I like your photo idea a lot, positive goal reinforcers are always good in my book.

Good Morning FDs,
    The sun is around and about today. Hoping to get a practise ‘ roll up ‘ bowl this morning. My first competitive game is on Wednesday, bit scary, hope I don’t make a show of myself. I get the occasional wood next to the Jack but I seem to better at hitting it. If I aim left of the Jack it never seems to go that way, preferring a straight line down the middle. My aim is good, years of ten pin bowling, but my delivery is poor. Guess I will get there in the end, watch and learn.
    Funny day yesterday, finding it hard to focus on starting or finishing anything, not like me, I am usually action girl. Bored I guess, but I avoided the foray into the food cupboards, actually they are still bare, no shopping done yet. Resorted to a frozen spicy veg soup and a 1/2 mackerel with veg for tea not exactly high end cuisine.
    My daughter is coming today, she fasted yesterday so will be eating today. She has stayed the same weight since January on 5:2 mostly because she likes sweet things on other days. I guess at least she is controlling it at 10 stone but frustrating, I couldn’t do it if I wasn’t getting to goal. She has 10 lb to loose.
    Great to have you with me today Franfit. I am doing Tuesday and Thursday next week, really want to hit that 2 pound off marker to make 8 lbs this month. Next month I plan to go through the next stone barrier into the 13 ‘s, this is where my ex husband is at the moment, 13 1/2. That’s yet another month away but it’s my goal to get below him and stay there. But he can lose 1/2 stone in two weeks without effort, of course he regains it three weeks later as he lives on bread, cheese and sweet stuff. Must stop talking about food….my mouth is watering and stomach churning……Arghhh

Time for action, breakfast and dog walk,
    Happy fasting or happy non fasting my dear friends.
    P.s. You Ok Ply?
    Wonder what happened to LUVTCOOK? Hope she is still in control.

If you haven’t read ‘lose you middle-aged middle” by Dr Mary Dan and Micheal Eades I would strongly recommend it. This may be pre Moseley but it says everything he says plus a lot more very useful information. They tell you how to work out your level of visceral(vat) and sat, simple measuring upright and horizontal. I will do mine later and give you details, no ct scan necessary and very, very important. There is also a six week flatten your belly diet. Protein shakes and meals but all health based. No alcohol or caffeine but I can do that without a problem. Really interesting about toxins, the liver and thyroid – all can be improved by diet change, quite rapidly.
    Very exciting book
    P.s. Pound off after yesterday’s fast, happy bunny, one to go before Sat, no problem

Good morning all! Disappointing results this week, only down .6 pounds, but ready to mix it up next week for a big loss! Heading out for a run/ HIIT session soon, and will be very strict on both fast and no fast days this week. I am shooting for 25 pounds lost by June 3, which will be the 3 -month mark on 5:2.

@samm, Fatzilla made me laugh! Enjoy your family time!

@jojo, I will check out that book. Let me know if you find a good cookbook. I am always in search of new recipes. Went back to my old favorite of steamed asparagus, turkey bacon, hard boiled egg with mustard vinaigrette yesterday. Yummy and healthy!

On the plus side, I attended a graduation party for two of my nieces yesterday, and I had a lovely time deciding what to wear! Many dresses that either did not fit or did not look the way I wanted over the last year looked and felt great!

Headed for a quick overnight getaway to the beach with my husband later today. Tomorrow is a holiday here, so I may do just 2 days of fasting this week, Tuesday and Thursday.

Good morning, jojo, congratulations on your pound lost 🙂 and hope you are having happy fasting not made more difficult by a non-fasting visitor (I am by now used to the delicious smells that waft through the apartment when my son makes his lunch while I’m fasting, but, if you’re not used to it… ).

I would be absolutely thrilled to be able to figure out my visceral fat, the same title is not available in the US, but I just downloaded The 6-Week Cure for the Middle-Aged Middle: The Simple Plan to Flatten Your Belly Fast! by the same authors to my Kindle and am hoping it will have the same info. Visceral fat is what I’m really worried about, because I’m so thick-waisted, and so was my grandmother who had the type 2 diabetes and stroke after stroke, and I’ll still be thick-waisted even if I get to 105 pounds, I was before. If I can figure out that I don’t have too much visceral fat I will be greatly relieved and not obsess so much about what my exact goal weight should be. If I still have a lot of visceral fat now, I will know I need to get all the way to 105, if I still have too much visceral fat then, will have to figure out some way to dial down what it can do to me. I can’t do high-protein diets because am at risk for kidney disease due to having fibromuscular dysplasia of my renal arteries (angioplasty at age 41), so some kind of IF will have to do.

Oops! Better start getting ready for work!

Hello Jojo and co,
    Am not fast today and I am having smashing roast dinner around 3pm, I am not going to say what the scales said in case I jinks it, but I got off and on 3 times and the number stayed the same, please, please, let it be that on Tuesday and I still have Monday fasting to go yet. I cannot believe it and I also got on after showering. LOL are we mad lot or what?
    I had 100 cal whey drink for breakfast, home made soup for lunch and then a WW pkt crisps 88 cals and some meat with a very small salad. It was also a B2B as I said.
    Hope everyone will have their fingers crossed for me. JIP

Hi franfit, I have just measured my trampoline it is 36 inches and it will stand up against a wall when not it use. I think it was .99 pence on ebay. People just want to get shot of them it’s an Argos item it’s called V-fit. I also look in charity shops for books on diets wonderful places and only a few pence sometimes. JIP

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.