Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 16,051 through 16,100 (of 16,657 total)

• Happy I am indeed very low maintenance my beard and head is all over a number one clipper operation weekly so I actually buff the dome (head) as opposed to shampoo and condition with soap on a flannel or in some households a face washer 😉 I multi task and brush my teeth in the shower as well my youngest son on the other hand has every balm lotion face cream (acne fighter) man wash body lotion coconut water shampoo coconut water conditioner he will be 16 next Sunday his bathroom routine is very regimented correct lighting clear choice of music so the poor bugger down the street can appreciate those dovv dovv beats shaves and trims that one chin hair for what seems a very long time and totally enjoys the experience 😆 I cant remember the last time I shampoo and conditioned at home that said most likely the last Hotel we stayed at obviously one is required to use all gifts when paying for the privilege of having a bed to sleep in right?

I have a vision of me now going into motel/b&b bathrooms, armed with a texta, marking S and C on containers, Nama. ☺ I suppose it will come in handy for correcting all those errant apostrophes as. 😉😉

Oh dear Purple, what a thought! I have a vision of RT polishing his dome and his son shaving one chin hair!!
    Fasting today to make up for yesterdays feasting – woken to a wet and miserable day, feel like staying in bed! At least there is no food in the bedroom, maybe a long shower instead of breakfast?? All you short shower people are trying to make me feel guilty for wasting water, but I do use recycled water on the garden as well as a water efficient washing machine!! And restricted-flow shower heads!! We pay handsomely for our city water, so whilst the water storages are well stocked, I consider it my luxury!! My argument to husband is that I shower 3 times a week at the gym shower after swimming, he should be glad of that! Of course if there was a drought I would tighten my belt. We are really lucky at Jameison as there is a high rainfall there and the tank never gets low.
    All new homes here are obliged to have either solar power or water tanks installed when they are built.

Yes, water storage, not for home use, but to limit flooding of stormwater drains, is obligatory in new homes here. You can get points if you connect the washing machine and toilet, but don’t have to. But nothing about using it for gardens, no compulsory insulation or north facing windows, but they are allowed aircon to overcome their poor designs. It’s a sad joke. 🙄

Morning All,
    Just had to report 2 lbs down today. Obviously virus was my bodies way of telling me to stop eating. Hurrah. Celebrating with a nice cup of tea before getting out with the pooches. Determined not to gain another pound.
    Nama- time is my enemy not water preservation although obviously I think it’s very important. I use water butts for the garden but occasionally a hose if butts are empty.
    I totally forgot about the showers I have after swimming- he he! Still pretty quick though.
    Have a great weekend whatever the weather, bright and sunny here, great salad weather!

Well done Jo. Keep it up. 😊
    I looked up water butts (£24.99 at Homebase UK). Do you have downpipes from the roof? Are they what we would call water tanks, plumbed in to catch roof rainwater? They seem pretty small. I love the learning curve on 5:2 ☺☺ P

Morning/evening all.

Another sunny day here in London 🙂

I was invited out for dinner at short notice yesterday and didn’t want to say no so I’ll be fasting tomorrow instead.

I’m unable to have a water butt in my garden as the downpipe is in the corner so I use a hose pipe if necessary. I am very economical with water. I have a dishwasher and rarely do dishes by hand as all my pots and pans go in. I use the economy setting on my 28 year old washing machine…..

I try to save power by using the vacuum cleaner sparingly 😉

I have an electric shower which gets the water hot in 5 seconds so I don’t waste any. The showers at the gym get hot very quickly too and I am always amazed at the number of women who turn it on and leave it running before getting in. It is wasting water regardless of whether we are at home or not and we still pay for it both financially and environmetally.

I’ve had a painful hip since Tuesday which is much better this morning. I need to take more care at the gym in future and not overdo it.

I had planned to get up early and go to Kew when it opens at 8am for members only but I went back to sleep after the alarm, so I’ll try again tomorrow :lazybones:

Have a good one everybody 😜🎾🎾🎾

Lucky you. Jojo, to get some rain. Here it is so dry the trees are in premature autumn.
    Good to hear about the 2lbs down – a deficit of 7k calories.
    I have just broken my 60 hour fst with half an apple, and the effort to digest it put my body back into that ketosis mode. I am down about a kilo in the last 2 weeks. I have to admit that it is a kilo I have lost at least once before.

Interesting discussion about collecting water from roofs. In France, water is another thing served up to you for a price, and you must have access even if they have to deliver plastic bottles of drinking water. People have those 1 metre cube containers for watering, but even those are empty after the prolonged dry period. They have them not to save using town water, but to avoid watering with dilute bleach they add to the water supply.

Good to know you shower like a man, RT. What about you, SlimJim are you lurking somewhere in the North of England, enjoying long showers (of rain) Yes, of course, the French politicians are out to get you after the Brexit vote. The good news is France is taking in English refugees. Wink!!
    Off to make and a cup of tea and them make music.

Happy weekend from sunny Occitania (29° forecast today)

Wiwi

Good afternoon everyone . One of the many great things about living in Scotland is we very rarely have a water shortage . I am a quick shower person as I have one most days .
    yesterday was a FD and I had a liquid only one . I had water mostly but one pepsi max and one highlights hot chocolate . We are getting a new garden shed and our eldest and his wife ( lovely couple) came and helped us clear 20 years worth out of the old one . I am a bit of a hoarder so it was quite a big job . Kate and I did 2 runs to the council tip with both cars lol .
    Hard work and I am sore today but well worth it AND made my FD so much easier as I was kept busy .

Jim is looking and feeling great so that is a plus too . One of his legs still a wee bit sore ( tight more than sore)but improving every day . he just loved to see all the rubbish being dumped lol .he would dump half of the items in the house if he could lol
    raining again here today . I think the 3 lovely days we had were our summer lol . Take care all . I love reading all the posts .

Wee xx

PS.. we didn’t tip the cars lol,just the contents 🙂 xx

Great to hear all is going well in the Wee household. ☺ A good cleanout is very cathartic! 🙄🙄🙄P

That raised a smile, Wee – “oh, were we supposed to bring the cars back?” Glad to hear that Jim is progressing – is that shed going to be a man-cave for him?

I have spent the day stripping wallpaper. It’s so satisfying when the lower layer comes off as easily as the top, with a bit of hot water and detergent 🙂 Yesterday was a “rain yesterday, rain tomorrow but not rain today, so spent it in the garden, but yes, we have rain today, so indoors chores. I have been listening to music on YouTube while I work, inspired by the conversation on the Maintenance thread which I have caught up on, and am now onto the heavenly voice of our own Hayley Westenra.

Talking of water, I don’t know if you have caught up with our water contamination crisis in the town of Havelock North over the last few weeks. Nearly half the population came down with campylobacter. Too many cows, say I, and small communities all responsible for the provision of clean drinking water.

And, Amazon, if you clean the vacuum cleaner, why, you are a vacuum cleaner. 🙂

Well done, Jojo!!

😃😃Too funny Barata! On that topic, how does Mr Grumpy clean the cat fur out of the vacuum, Happy? It gets totally entwined around the spinny sucker in mine😑
    Beautiful Fathers’ Day here…gardening, bbq…real spring weather 😊

I confess to having pilfered that from FB, P 🙂 Always good to share the funnies, though.

The cat fur here comes out in clumps at this time of year, and is easy to pick off the floor. That which isn’t ingested and regurgitated, that is 🙁 Said cat is part Maine Coon, so plenty of fur to share.

Ours is a Burman, Barata. Heaps of fur and, yes, now, in spring, it is coming out in clumps, but she sits on MY chair and I gave developed hayfever since I came back back to the ‘big smoke’ 😣
    Combined with my moulting, longer hair, it creates havoc in my new Dyson 🤔
    I’m open to suggestions, other than leaving it to the fortnightly cleaner 🙄

ALL of the children have forgotten Father’s Day 🙁 Live-at-home son only responded when I asked if OH had heard from Sydney… Give them a boot from me, P.

Weekly ironing done, chicken is roasted, just waiting on the vegies. Yum. Have a good week, all. 🙂

One out of 4 here, Barata…then a late afternoon call from another, after a promoting text! Kids 😊

P, the cat hair doesn’t get stuck in the brushes or wind round the roller, although mine can do (along with other unidentifiable long strands of things that I have no recollection of vacuuming!). But then our long haired cat doesn’t shed…or groom (he’s a typical boy 🙂 ).

Dry here today, after a miserable wet day yesterday. More preserving to do, but looking forward to some fresh air and exercise too.

Amazon, I couldn’t make the mincemeat yesterday as we’re nearly out of suet. Why didn’t I check BEFORE I went shopping?! Ah well, there’s always next weekend!

Thanks Hap 🙄🐱

Morning/evening all,

Overcast, cool and windy here this morning after a good amount of rain yesterday pm/evening. I was up until silly o’clock watching tennis so have only just surfaced bleary eyed and wondering what day it is 😉

FD today although I would rather be sitting down to roast chicken with Barata 😖

Have a good one everybody 😜

We have leftovers, Amazon 🙂 Vegies go into tomorrow’s FD soup, chicken frozen for another day (did I say no waste in the Barata household?)

10mm in the rain gauge so far. But a blast at the window as I write.

Still no word from offspring, and it’s bedtime. 🙁

3 out of 4 now Barata. Not bad. The other one doesn’t “believe in that commercial cr*p” 😊😊
    Watching Grand Designs NZ…thinking of you. P

So here we are at 2pm,

The ironing basket is empty, the bed is changed, the laundry done and the flat tidy. The next 3 hours are the most difficult for me but at 4pm the tennis starts so hopefully watching those thin, athletic and incredibly fit players will take my mind away from eating.
    The preserve and pickle jars are all in the dishwasher and the freezer has an empty drawer in readiness. I found some stock so I’m going to make roasted veggie soup with the contents of the fridge veg drawer, and freeze it in portions but I’m not sure I’ll be able to cope with the smell of roasting veggies so it’ll have to wait until tomorrow.

I’ve also had a look at the pink jeans that I am yet to wear………

I’m re-reading The Diet Myth and it is even more scary second time around 😮

Hi Fasters

Here at last the temperature is lower even cool, but still no rain.
    I’m also moving junk, Wee.
    I get sad about books, which I hate throwing, but the sheep and goats which are everywhere, only read French if at all. Op(charity) shops are not a French phenomenon.

On fast now till tomorrow evening. I am off to the UK tomorrow for 2 days for a funeral- a sad occasion, but I want to be there as he was one of my childhood playmates.
    I must read the Diet Myth, Amazon.

Off to get busy,
    Wiwi

Hi Fast Trackers and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) 😉
    Our fast day went well I was certainly keen for mine after Father’s Day it was a picture perfect day on the block with the entire family and all grandys it was fantastic I certainly embraced the feast today for tomorrow we fast water and black coffee for me I made yfee a roasted vegetable frittata for her dinner and she snuck through with a couple of whole dill cucumbers around 4pm
    “On a fast day refrain restrain divert and distract. Before you know it, you’ve retrained your brain and hunger’s off the menu.”
    Peace RT

Hello everybody. It’s raining here again in the land of the lakes. The one thing about Cumbria is because there is so many lakes and rivers there is never a hosepipe ban or water shortage like there are in other parts of the southern UK. We all water our gardens in the summer with hosepipes connected to the mains and I have a shower every day which lasts about 20 minutes, though I do turn it off when I’m soaping myself (though that’s mainly because I don’t want to pay for the extra gas I would use to heat it). I don’t have a water meter and it only costs approximately 50p a day, so it doesn’t matter how much I use.

I’ve been off the fast diet for the last three weeks. The first week I was a bit ill with Cystitis and had to take antibiotics, the second week I was given a tub each of Celebrations (which are like mini Mars, Bounty’s & Snickers bars) and Heroes (which is the Cadbury’s version) so I was working my way through them and the third week I went to the supermarket with a friend and discovered Pringles were on special so I bought six tubes of sour cream & onion, having one tube for my breakfast every day. So over the last three weeks I’ve gained 8lbs, no surprise there.

I’ve run out of Pringles now and the nearest supermarket that sells them at a discount is fifteen miles away which is a very long bike ride and therefore not worth while. The local shop sells them at full price which is about £3 a tube and I’m certainly not paying that, so I can do without them (must be strong).

So I’m back on the three 24 hour fasts today, Wednesday & Friday. I started after Sunday lunch at the pub yesterday (I was going to have some tea but had a handful of Almonds instead) and will continue until tea time today. I’m also back to the turbo training for 30 minutes three times a week, so should get rid of that extra 8lbs over the next couple of weeks hopefully.

At least you are not deluding yourself, Jim.

Good to have you back on board.

Hi everyone,

I’ve had a wonderful day at the PYO farm. We had rain overnight and lots of rain on Saturday so it was a bit muddy underfoot but the weather has been dry and warm.
    I picked marrow, squash, courgettes, cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, beetroot, French beans, sweetcorn, apples, plums, strawberries and raspberries. The ducks were eating what was left of the cucumbers 😆

I went into the farm shop for potatoes, tomatoes, garlic, pickling onions and cucumber and visited their wonderful butchers counter for a piece of steak and some of their delicious sausages, something I rarely eat as I am so often disappointed. It is also good to be able to buy just two rather than a whole pack.

I have chopped up the veg for the piccalilli and it is in its salt bath.
    I shall be making plum chutney, beetroot relish and some jam and freezing beans, plums and cooking apples.
    I’m also going to make a huge pot of vegetable chilli and freeze it in portions.
    That should keep me out of mischief for the rest of the week 😉

There is a garden centre and a restaurant attached to the farm and as it was 12 o’clock by the time I’d finished picking I thought I would go in for a coffee and something to eat after I’d been to the Ladies and used the footbath they so thoughtfully provide complete with low level hot air dryer!
    I walked into the restaurant and all I could see were scones, cakes, biscuits, more cakes, pastries, more biscuits and the hot food was anything unhealthy you can think of with chips and one or two other dishes that I could easily make at home. No soups, no salads, nothing that looked remotely interesting. I decided to wait for my coffee, got in the car and stopped off at my local supermarket for vinegar, sugar etc and bought a mini baguette.

I’ve had a lovely sausage, salad and chutney baguette and am absolutely stuffed. I might have a corn cob later as they’ll be delicious having only been picked this morning. I’ve had nothing else today so I’m well under my TDEE so I might have to have a glass of fermented grape juice later……..

I was so disappointed that there was none of the lovely fruit and vegetables that are grown on show in the restaurant but I guess most people want processed carbs and fries.

I am so excited at the prospect of turning everything into wonderful things for the store cupboard and the freezer.

I forgot to say hi to Wee yesterday 💋

Hi Jim, welcome back. Keep away from those Pringles they are evil. Once you open them your hand is mysteriously attracted to them until you reach in and touch the bottom and realise you’ve eaten the whole lot!

Time for tennis,

Hello I am a long time lurker first time poster here. Hope it is ok to join you all in Jojos thread. I ve started intermittent fasting in June and have seen 9kg weight loss thus far from 86.5 kg to 77.5kg. I am whole 170cm tall, nearly Glaswegian, hailing originally from Poland. Obviously I like the food on offer here tad too much hence me joining 5:2 crowd.

I have been reading this thread from day one and currently sit at 150ish page.I actually read it from both ends. Yes I am that sad… There is so much knowledge, strategies and good vibes in these posts that it keeps me going when I struggle a bit. It become my favorite on the train reading.

I do anything between 5:2, 4:3 and every other day fasting. It really depends on how I feel and I do not fast if I feel fed up or ill. In 13 weeks I ve had two weeks thus far when I did one day fasting or none. I really like aiming for 2 lb a week it keeps me focused and if I only loose a wee bit it still counts as a major win 🙂

Currently renovating hence I will post sparingly till I complete major bits and move in. It is about time though I said big thank you to every person who contributes on here. You have made many a grey morning bit brighter for me for past 13 weeks.

Hi Veganchick

Welcome to the thread- you’re right-this thread is a treasure trove.

You know what you’re doing and well done on your loss of 9kg in 3 months.

Looking forward to hearing about your progress, now you’ve come out (so to speak)

Wiwi

Hi Fast Trackers and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) 😉
    Slimjim and a veganchick how cool is that 😉 a big hello from downunder and a welcome back the fast life will have its challenges there is no doubting that. But like anything worth doing it needs to be learnt again re worked tailored to the individual or as I often say a study of one…its more than weight loss you are saving a life yours you are extending your life span with great health outcomes so lets not undervalue the action that is already at work here and eat fast and live longer in good health
    “It’s is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    Peace RT

Hello,
    Welcome to Jojo’s Tribe Veganchick! Our Fast life resumes according to the very well spoken words of Sir RT.

Today is Labor Day in the US! Also we were supposed to be having a major storm traveling from the Golf of Mexico all the way to the North East. Her name is Hermine. Well! She probably met somebody on her way up and thank God nothing happened as tragedy (loss of power and flood) was predicted.

I am in not such good mood! Maybe tomorrow my head is together with my body and Fast for good health. Will also attempt to pay a visit to the scale.

Xoxo

Hi HCB,

Hermine was downgraded yesterday to tropical storm which is good news for everyone. They were talking about it on TV and wondering if it would affect the US Open tennis. Looks quite breezy in NY today.

It is warm here, 9pm and still 21C.

Amazon,

That PYO and farm shop sounds fantastic. Bizarre that the restaurant didn’t use the produce! You’d have thought there was a marketing opportunity there.

I finished my mincemeat today. Thanks for the tip about reducing sugar, I used less than half and that was plenty! The downside is that I’m now really really looking forward to Christmas 😀

On the subject of sugar, I hoiked some of last years rhubarb out of the freezer and stewed it with just water. I’ve been drinking the juice today, and eaten some of the pulp with natural yoghurt. Very tasty, tasting…well…just of rhubarb! Who knew that rhubarb was edible without an equal quantity of sugar?! It makes me wonder what else doesn’t need sugar….

I’ve since looked on their website which says they use freshly picked fruit and veg from the farm and there is a far more extensive menu than the board I saw at the entrance, There are a couple of salads and interesting dishes, so maybe I did them a disservice. I don’t regret waiting until I got home to eat 🙂

I don’t think I’m up for unsweetend rhubarb but I agree that using less sugar than recipes specify is not a bad thing as we taste other ingredients much more.

Talking of Christmas and mincemeat, I’ve never cared for bought mince pies and I realised that it is because they are too sweet and that is usually due to sweetened pastry something that is unnecessary as far as I’m concerned.

Ah, the advantage of living in a warm climate at Christmas. …lots of yummy fresh seafood and salad and plenty of super chilled white wine! Bring it on. No prep required ☺
    My uncle used to go to a farm near you, Amazon. It has a nursery as well. Is that the one? He went every morning for their morning tea, and a chat with “the girls”…he WAS in his 90s 😊

It’s in Esher so it might be 🙂

Yes. It’s lovely
    I never get over how rural Esher is and still a short (expensive ) train ride from London. 😊
    Enjoy your tennis…poor Raff 😑 P

Good Morning All,
    Welcome Vegachick. You have made excellent progress in three months, keep it up. I find it difficult as a Pescatarian when eating out it must be harder as a Vegan but I suppose it depends if you have good restaurants locally. We have no good vegetarian restaurants locally, but most restaurants offer something these days even if it’s only a cheese salad. What do you like to eat? Sometimes I re read the thread to inspire myself. My first three months were the most sucessful.
    Well I have been knocked out of the Bowls Tornament having won one game easily even in non stop rain and lost two narrowly. I still have a ladies final this weekend at my club and one more month of games to play before the outdoor season closes. I am happy with my progress as a player this year. There were several 90 year plus players yesterday, all still playing well and winning, they are phenominal people active both physically and mentally. Great to see. Next year I plan to win a County Game and get my badge. I will be playing indoors from October but only three times per week which will make time for other activities such as a writing group I have joined and going to the gym, plus games night( board and cards and bridge club). Keeping busy is my antidote to non stop eating.
    Amazon- good work getting out of the cafe, I am afraid I purchased bread pudding, two peices, irrestible to me easpecially when wet and cold. It has spoiled my ‘no added sugar’ pledge after only one week. Self control on holiday but its back now.
    Fasting today and Friday. Getting back to daily weighing, head has been in the sand lately, bad for me.
    My birthday coming up at the end of the month so a big push to lose a few pounds. Good news! my daughter is coming home for Christmas. Crazy girl just wants an English winter christmas. Last year we were sun bathing in Pahia on the Northern tip of NZ, what’s not to like about that? So it will be a nice family Christmas with my son home too probably in the rain, wind and cold.
    Wiwi- sorry about your friend, it is a reminder to look after ourselves carefully, life can be too short. I plan on doing a lot in the next 10 years, keeping active is key to a long and healthy life. On that note I need to get out of bed and get walking.

Morning/evening all,

Overcast but warm this morning and I think it is gooing to be muggy.

Purple, I can drive to Esher in 45 minutes and it is a nice drive from here.

I have a whole day in the kitchen planned and am hoping I have enough jars for all the goodies I intend to make.

Amazon, is it Garson’s? I live 10 minutes from there.

Yes. It is Silva. I stay right near there when in England. The apples will be ripe on the trees now… 😑

Another Tuesday, another meditation class, and another starry starry night to come out into. There is a fat slither of moon, lying on its back – and yes, rain is coming, together with spring gales 🙁

Day six, and I am still on (added) sugar-free September, Jojo. Back on the horse, don’t worry about a small slip-up. I’m pleased to hear your daughter will be back with you for the festive season, it will be special for you. Gazing into my crystal ball I foresee plenty more Kiwi summers ahead.

Welcome, Veganchick, and well done! This is a wonderful WOL. I am coming up to my three year anniversary of 5:2 this month, have been maintaining for at least two of them. Love it 🙂

Yes Purple, I recall you saying that you stayed in Esher when you were here recently. No doubt you also know The Prince of Wales pub close by to Garson’s?

Yes. Is that your “watering hole” Silva? 😉

It’s one of them Purple, they do a particularly good Sunday lunch. We have to drive there though and we are very lucky in that we have 7 or 8 pubs within walking distance and numerous restaurants close by, several on the river. Maybe that’s why after maintaining on 5:2 for 2 years now, several pounds have crept back on recently and are refusing to shift!

Silva, I think you’ll find, no matter where we live, we all have the same temptations! Weigh yourself every morning and, if you have gained weight, ask yourself if you really want to go back along that road. 😊😊 P

You’re absolutely right of course Purple, but my Inner Goddess seems to have gone a bit deaf lately.

Hi again,

Hello Silva,

I discovered Garsons when looking on line for farm shops near London and when I got there noticed the PYO, which I visited last September and decided I would come every year.

I’ve made the Piccalilli (which tastes wonderful already), beetroot relish, brined the onions for pickling tomorrow and there is a huge vat of veg chilli bubbling away on the hob. I’m having a break and some coffee and once the chilli is cooked I shall be trying my hand at raspberry jam, I’ve made marmalade a few times but never jam so fingers crossed all goes well. I also need to blanch and freeze some beans and chop and freeze some Bramley cooking apples.

Strange way to spend a FD but I didn’t think about food until I sat down with my coffee. I’ve had a spoonful of Piccalilli that wouldn’t fit into the jar and a taste of the beetroot relish. I also dipped my finger in the chilli and it is very hot and spicy!!!
    I need to buy a couple more jars tomorrow before I make plum chutney.

So far so good 🙂

Hello,
    Amazon if there’s any game scheduled for today that little yellow ball will be all over the place. Very windy and possible rain shower later.

Inner Godess! Loved when you said that Silva. No choice but opting to Fast of course. Why wouldn’t I?

Purple my husband planted 2 rhubarbs last year. The stems aren’t ready yet or not all of them aren’t. I really don’t know what to do with. It. Rhubarb, Picalilli, Chutney… LOL it sounds spicy and delicious.

Strong we stand!

Viewing 50 posts - 16,051 through 16,100 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.