Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 15,401 through 15,450 (of 16,657 total)

• Hi all,

Once again I had to put y’all on ice as I was having my daughter’s birthday party during W finals and didn’t want to hear the results until I’d seen my taping of it last night. I had tons of fresh fruit plates and veggies so no real desire to overdo until after the party.. Then it was tequila and risotto…that’s my “whew!” It’s over meal. Despite looking very homemade (as I’m not a baker) my vegan cake turned out very tasty and everyone said so.

Then I got the sad news this am that my dear friend Jeannie passed in the early hours. So I’ve been drinking beer and wallowing a bit today even though it’s a FD.

Going to try my best to get on track since I only have one week before I leave for home to see family and old friends. Would like to feel my best.

And RT, you missed me on your list of fast trackers! 🤔

Oh! Forgot to say…

Bravo Andy!!

Hi Slimnhealthy I am sorry for your loss I decided I would not use the template as people move in and out so quickly now so not real sure what happened there 👿 and no I didn’t miss you you are in here Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) 😉
    Peace RT

Nama you best get set for some real winter SA weather heading your way it is currently hailing and the temperature is 3.9deg right now you have been warned 😉
    RT

Thanks. I was hoping you would use it all up RT😉 Due here tomorrow. …Mr P …bring in more wood!!!!

Staying inside tomorrow RT, making soup! Its only 5 degrees at the moment and the wind has been blowing for 24 hours…. We are starting to sound like whingers!
    We have had the open fire going too Purple, such a lovely heat compared to the gas. Off to Jamieson on Thursday for 4 days, it will probably be snowing there…. Certainly hot soup weather.!
    Slimnhealthy I am sorry you lost your friend, apparently she just rallied at the end as many do. You are entitled to some comfort eating at this time. Look after yourself.

🌧💨🌪🌨☔️⛄️☃🌬☕️☕️☕️🍵🍵
    Yes fire and soup extra special stay safe people Bay wish you where here 😜😜😜

Good Morning,
    Looks like the tennis tournament made Amazon happy 👍
    To you down under stay safe and warm!! Enjoy your hot drinks and soups. My favorite drink it’s hot chocolate.

We went to NYC and walked quite a lot. The city is always very crowded. My cousin really wanted to go to the Guggenheim museum. I told her how far and the time got to Central Park was 5pm and she told me she wanted to head back with the subway. Not me…he had the time of her life with me yesterday day. Move more and eat less it’s my moto. I didn’t fast and my weight it’s stable thank god.
    The nicest part was having a glass of wine at the rooftop bar at the Peninsula Hotel 🍾

I keep trying to find some really nice walking sandals for my upcoming trip or just grab my sneakers which are not dressy but comfy 👠.
    Be healthy and happy you there 💖💋💋

Good morning all from another cold wet day in Scotland . I am with you on a FD today RT :)..I have been kind of half hearted lately with my FD . I have made my mind up today to get serious again . I had put on a few pounds in the last weeks but they will be off ASAP.
    Jim is getting a wee bit stronger every day . His weight is down to 10 stone and he is very skinny but that was expected . I am making him very healthy meals and although he is not eating a lot ( he was never a big eater) he is eating “good” food . .We are off for a wee drive in a minute . Poor scone needs a memory foam cushion to sit om because he has such a skinny bum . . It is nice though to get out for a wee while . Just so so pleased to still have him . I am making it a FD today as it is much easier to do it if I am not in the house all the time .
    I haven’t been posting much but I do love reading the posts every day .
    In the past I would have eaten everything in the food cupboards so I am pleased it is just a few pounds . Goes to prove that 5.2 is AWOL and NOT a diet .

have a good day all
    Wee xxxxx

We went to the Guggenheim last May, Health. Had to pay full price, but most of it was closed “for the winter “! It was quite an introduction to us about cold climates. In Australia, places don’t have to close for winter, so we’ve been caught out a few times in the US, Canada and the UK. France, Italy and Germany don’t seem to suffer from it.

Chocolate? My new go-to, when cold and fasting, is miso. Warm and salty! Yes!

Non fast day, found some apple and rhubarb, I’d cooked and frozen, and made a quick crumble (oats, almonds, butter, cinnamon, brown sugar and a little flour). Delicious! Sorry to anyone fasting. 😉 P

Hi Wee….
    We crossed over…
    Pleased to hear Jim is getting a little outing. 😊 I see your summer is not too good at all, is it? Much the same as our winter. 😕😕 P

Hi everyone,

Wee, good to here that Jim is improving slowly but surely. You’ve done really well under the circumstances not to have gained more than a few pounds. You know that you are in control of your weight so it isn’t an issue and you don’t need to be worrying about anything right now just enjoying the fact that Jim is on his way to full health 🙂

I’ve been to the gym and had a really good workout which I enjoyed and got home just before the heavens opened. It is warm and cloudy with short bursts of heavy rain that last no more than 5 minutes and then the sun appears again. Typical English summer 😆

My FD went well yesterday. I’m doing ADF this week and might stick an extra FD in on Monday as I’m away on Tuesday. My friends are very good at not forcing food on anyone and they eat a very healthy and varied diet. My goddaughter is a vegetarian so if she is home I’ll be tasked with cooking a flesh free dinner for all of us. We used to all cook a special meal together when I visited but that has evolved into me cooking something which I love to do.
    I’ll decide when I see what is ready in the veggie garden and what is in the fridge.
    I am considering making the tofu lasagne that I enjoyed so much and adding lots of seasonal veggies to it. I won’t tell the man of the house that it contains tofu, just that it is vegetarian and he’ll enjoy it 😉
    As they have chickens and ducks there will have to be a Pav and I’m considering filling it with vanilla egg custard rather than whipped cream which will solve the problem of what to do with the yolks and it will taste every bit as good with whatever seasonal fruit is available.

Apologies to anyone who is fasting today 😆

Have a good one everybody and keep warm SHers 😜

I was buying sugar today (haven’t needed to for ages) when I spied one packet with “low GI” written on it. Now I KNOW low GI, sugar ain’t!!! It turns out it was cane sugar and “sweetner”! Hmmmmm..a sugar manufacturer adding sweetener to flog off their sugar? They obviously haven’t looked at the research re artificial sweetners and blood sugar spikes (or they have and ignored it. ..that’s the cynic in me 😊😊) Be warned folk. Always read the label. Don’t trust the b**st***s. P 😊

Good to catch up with news!
    Hooray for Andy – I agree he thoroughly deserves it!
    Want to give all followers here a progress report after a lonnnnnngggg silence!!

Main reason – sold and put house contents in storage in five weeks flat – 5:2 still ok after this……
    However we had three weeks holiday cottage and four days b&b before we got into our new house and the move has involved a major downsizing exercise and it’s taking some time to decide finally how to ‘shoehorn’ a lifetime (I’m coming up to 70 and ditto my other half) of belongings into a house that’s just big enough to give a small study room for hubby and a general purpose spare bed and everything else room including hobbies etc for me
    All in all found it pretty stressful and impossible to follow exactly what I was eating! Weighed myself after the month of living out of our home and also after I’d done a week of 5:2 and found I’d stayed steady! Not bad!!! The 5:2 week undoubtedly helped but also I tried to keep good habits where I could!
    Now for the best bit – before we moved I’d reached within 10 pounds of my goal weight
    I dug out the graph today that illustrates optimum weight for height and………found that I’d been heading for a goal no less than 7 pounds too low so I was only 2 or 3 pounds away from optimum weight!! Whoopee!
    I’m now very happy with the size I’ve reached anyway (size 12 down from size 20!!!!) in 14months and enjoying wearing the clothes that have been in storage for many years!! Feel 10 feet tall too – best bit is getting a professional seamstress to alter all the trousers of different sizes I had to buy when I was losing weight so efficiently and make them really close fitting to show off my long slim legs which havenever looked like that before!!
    Just want to encourage all those ‘on the long haul’ – it’s worth it!! One and a half pounds a week isn’t difficult when you’re as determined as I was!! Go for it!!!

Well done Pen nib!! 🎉🎊
    It is such a great feeling to flaunt the new body. Do it with pride for the rest of your life. ☺☺☺P

Thanks purple Vegie
    I intend to!!

Hi pen nib and well done.

For me one of the joys of losing weight is being able to wear fitted clothing rather than the elastic waisted trousers and baggy top so I know what you mean about showing off your figure.

Enjoy your success, revel in it 😎

Thanks Amazon – I find I absolutely hate loose trakkies and trousers now – they feel really draughty whereas close fitting ones are comfy on the legs as well as good looking!😄😄😄

Pen Nib
    Great incentive for us trying to fit back into our clothes and the feeling being lighter it’s so good.
    Purple my cousin noticed the amount of fat I consume. She’s quite chocked! She eats everything fat and sugar free. I’ve been telling her to try to let go of sugar and specialty the fake ones … I am trying to save this soul here 🙏💖

Let the positive comments keep coming – thanks everyone!! Have a good day!

Hi all,

I’m a bit dazed today after my Stout Beer and Birthday Cake meal yesterday, so though I’ve read all your posts, I can’t retain enough to actually comment. 😔 This is always a struggle for me but worse today.

Proudly I fasted after said meal and am still fasting (almost noon next day). Boy have sad binges changed for the better.

I’ll leave it at that.

Oh…one comment.

Being very “petit” (my preferred word to very short), my Weightloss pleasure is that I get to wear baggy, flowing clothes without looking like a tent. Love that feeling of freedom but still looking nice n fashionable! Not quite there yet, but almost! 🙏

The difference for me is that when I was obese nothing fitted properly due to my lack of shape so baggy was all I wore and that now I’m a more regular shape I have a much wider choice of clothes in varying cuts and styles. Loose and flowing is great if you don’t resemble a huge blancmange wobbling along…… 😮

Exacte! 👍🏻 I’m with ya!

🙂

Yes Amazon – I had loads of clothes that I kept experimenting with to try and flatter my too large figure – not surprisingly nothing worked so they just st o the cupboard waiting………
    I’ve now had all of the summer stuff altered and I’ve got a smashing book on how to do alterations and a new sewing machine for the winter stuff
    I had a v warm few days with my son and daughter in law and grandson near Geneva and was able to take some v light clothes rolled up in a rucksack and felt well dressed and confident – wonderful! Usually summer time meant that I was trying to hide my size which is impossible when the temperature is above mid twenties!!
    Got to get on with altering the curtains since my move so enjoy all the mini-successes and look forward to feeling great!!

I did a lot of altering, initially, Pen, but was staggered how fat had fallen off everywhere….
    Shoulder seams were inches too wide, darts in completely the wrong place. I had a few, expensive, favourites altered by a taylor, but eventually decided to replace and donate to charity.
    Amazon, I too love being able to just walk into a shop and fit into anything…except when they aren’t small enough 😉😉
    I have virtually no clothes that I owned 3 years ago now…except a 37 year old dressing gown and a 45 year old wedding dress which is still too small. 😆
    I find it interesting studying people’s body shape. Shoulder definition is a very good indicator of obesity. Shoulders should be horizontal, with an almost 90 deg angle to the neck. If the shoulders slope up to the base of the head, it is all fat. This fat will go when a healthy weight is achieved…see if you notice it. Cheers, P ☺

Morning all.. Freezing here but at least the sun is out! Well done pen nib, fabulous achievement. I think those of us who have lost most of our excess weight agree about the delight in a new wardrobe, except maybe RT!
    So Purple you are saying if my shoulders are now bony (which they are!) I don’t need to stress about getting to 70Kgs?!! Struggling to do that at present, eating sensibly on non fast days but still fluctuating between 72 and 73, cant seem to get below 72! Admittedly the last time was 32 years ago… Tried on the wedding outfit (for September) last week and it fits like a glove, so I don’t need to worry there. Maybe its just a number.
    How are those lambs RT? I am minding an unshorn (standard) poodle puppy (again) today, I feel like I have a lamb bouncing around the kitchen. If being a grandparent is this much fun for a dog, roll on the real bub in 8 weeks!

Ha Nama! I use the shoulders more as an indicator of overweight, not minumum ☺
    My advice…hang onto that extra until the weather warms up ❄⛄
    I know a round figure to stay below (fasting trigger point) is neater. I use 60, but as you are toweringly tall, 70 would be convenient. It’s nice to not have to worry about the wedding dress not fitting, isn’t it? You will look gorgeous, (again). You’ll also be proud of your image with the new baby when it comes, grandma ☺☺
    Has RT frozen solid????? P

Thanks Purple. Good advice, as usual. Is it ever going to warm up?
    RT must have fallen down a rabbit hole on his morning walk, or maybe he has frozen….

Good Morning team happy hump day to all you beautiful losers 😉 I think it’s fair to say my sewing altering and general ignorance in regards to fashion are at best poor 😉 although I know what I like 😯 Nama lamb has taken over the back half of the house in its entirety now 😆 no longer content to remain within the recycled kids play pen with the hay empty wool bales and old blankets and more of a roamer now I do have the elastrator at the ready for tail and nuts that may slow him down for a day or 2 then IMO he goes back to join the flock however he is now known as Frankie so that may be a problem for yfee and youngest son but not for me.
    Keep on keeping on find your doable and do it.
    Peace RT

Glad you and the lamb are ok RT.
    I’ll bet Bay is disappointed to have to put up with sunbaking in Hawaii when she could be at home in the snow! 😉😉

Hello,
    I have forgotten about those little baby lambs. We are in such a faraway land in which everything comes from everywhere for us to get fat. Nama makes those delicious dishes and … The little lamb 😥😥😥.

We were invited tonight and the host and hostess still are that beautiful couple from the 60’s out and about from the fashion industry as everyone talks about beautiful clothes. Our friends actually are going through a very financial hit bottom end. Globalization and online did it. They are wonderful friends 💖 So even them can’t fit their stuff 👀.
    Purple I will look at my shoulders tomorrow morning when get up ☕️ 😉 … 90 head to shoulder 👍🏻
    Stay warm down ubder’s, happy fasting or good morning. 💋

Grrr, on the subject of clothes…! I don’t know about the rest of the world, but the general supersizing of the UK population means that small sizes are often stocked in very small quantities or not at all. And the increasing waistlines of the population meanwhile that even when shops do stock small sizes they are shaped for skinny fat women (slim everywhere, large waisted).

Ah well, there are worse problems to have 🙂

Pen nib, fantastic achievement! 14 months for size 20 to size 12?! You really were a woman on a mission. Do you still recognise yourself after such a rapid transformation?

Morning/evening all,

Blue sky and sunshine this morning 🙂

I am still surprised by the amount of room I now have when travelling on a bus, train or plane 🙂
    The sad (?) thing is the shoes that are now too big and there is nothing to be done but replace them.

FD for me today and off to the gym again soon. My cold decided to make me cough for a day or two and has now almost disappeared so I might go for a swim today if the pool isn’t overpopulated 😉

Kew Gardens annual music event is on this week so I was treated to fireworks last night as I can see them from my window. I love them so am very pleased to have another five nights of oohing and aahing to look forward to 😎

Have a good one everybody 😜

Ah, the problems of weight loss ☺
    I put inner soles in some shoes and wear double socks in my boots. ..keeps me warmer too.
    The most interesting thing, other than realising I even had fat on my head, 😯, is how much more we feel the cold. We are both rugged up like snowmen. In the past, I rarely wore a jacket here, now I always wear an overcoat, gloves, scarf and warm hat when I go out. Even in summer, I often wear a light cardigan now. Pyjamas and bedsocks have become my nightly winter fashion statement. It is staggering what a layer, or 2, of body fat does. ☺☺ P

Wow Pen Nib!
    Yes, Amazon, I buy smaller shoes too now, width and length. Enjoy the Kew Festival.

I am suffering a bit today. I am allergic to something in my garden and I have been feeling a bit seedy. It’s good for fasting as I don’t feel like eating anyway. The temperature here 2 days ago was well over 30°. Today it will be 16°max. That’s a relief.

I now have the definitive answer on the brokendown newly acquired car. If we had stopped immediately, it would have been ok, just a washer to change. Now a new engine costing €3500 is required. It would have been cheaper to do the 2000km we have done in a limousine! Even the car looks dejected.

I guess it’s no one’s fault, and it’s only money. Yes, Nama, I might have to get a job! Or give up eating caviar and truffles for a few days.
    All this brings to mind a joke which I have loved for a long time, as you can see it on several different levels:

A family was very short of money, so all the women, glamorous young teenager, 40+ mother still very attractive, and 70 year old grandmother missing a few teeth and a bit floppy in so many places, decided to go out onto the street and sell their bodies. At the end of the week they sat down and pooled their earnings.
    Glamorous teen put down her $500 notes very pleased to help the family, mother put down her $100 and $200 notes, still very pleased with herself. Next it was grandmother’s turn and she was bursting with enthusiasm. The others asked her how much she had earned and the reply came back:
    ” One hundred and thirty 20 cent coins!”

Happy Fasting.
    xx Wiwi

I’m glad you still have your sense of humour Wi 😉😉😉

Good conversation going just now! True – some people don’t recognise me v quickly but it’s so good to give them a big confident smile and tell them my story!!
    It’s true that some clothes needed a lot taking off but it’s good to find favourites look even better when they fit well!
    It did cost me to get alterations done but I saved on the cost of new clothes plus the effort of trying to replicate a familiar range of things to wear!
    I’ve learnt a way of making a rag rug using remnants so that’ll be further reminder of my achievements!
    I’ve got a particularly comfy pair of brushed cotton Jim jams with a long jacket to keep my bottom warm and it was the first garment I altered when I’d lost a couple of stone – they don’t envelop me in masses of material now and they are soooo comfy!

Your ragrug is a great idea, Pen. My grandmother used to make them…along with old button bottles, they hold so many memories of old, loved, discarded clothing. Good on you! P

Hi all,

Started my new med last night LDN for my frozen shoulder and general autoimmune tendencies. Hoping to get back to yoga by fall and stop being such a bed potato.

If you’re unfamiliar, its an ultra low dose opioid receptor blocker. So while you sleep it blocks your receptors and the body responds by making more of your own to compensate. Then, there are all these immune modulations that happen in response to your body’s natural opiods. Like, autoimmune markers go down.

Anyway, didnt sleep well n woke up queasy. So fasting not too hard today..supposedly this mild side effect only lasts a week.

Kind of excited to see if i get out of pain n improve beyond where ive plateaud.

💃💃💃👯👯

…went back n read your post pen nib! Bravo!!

Happy Bastille Day everyone. 😊💃🔵⚪🔴

Evening all,
    Looks like Brexit has led to the whole of the Nth Hemisphere vanishing…..
    Downunder we are all too cold to type…

I went out for coffee with a friend today, but somehow the smells and sights got the better of my fast day and it ended up being lunch! Ah well, tomorrow I fast. Driving to Jamieson in the morning, so as long as we don’t stop for lunch en route I will be fine…

WELL!!!! the sun is out here today :). Jim is looking much more like himself and eating more . All is good with the world and I am actually having a brilliant FD . So far 300 calories that’s OK as my TDEE is only 1200. . Jim has his check up with the vascular surgeon tomorrow so as I will be out for some time then going to visit my lovely Dad so I should be able to do a back to back . Feels so good to be back in the loop .

Wee xx

Hello from JFK on our way to London.
    I was very busy the last 2 days preparing lots of small meals for my husband. He is helpless on the chicken and I spoiled him long time ago.
    Today was hot and humid and I hardly believe July it’s almost gone.
    I am traveling in style! LOL w/ only hand luggage and almost nothing … Just minimum 😂
    Wee your OH is in good hands 🙏.
    Happy Fasting to You.

Hi Fast Trackers and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) :wink:–
    The moral of the story is………
    One day an old poodle starts chasing butterflies in the African bush and before long,
    he discovers that he’s lost. Wandering about, he notices a
    leopard heading rapidly in his direction with the intention of
    having lunch.

The old poodle thinks, “Oh, oh! I’m in deep doo-doo now!” Noticing
    some bones on the ground close by, he immediately settles down to
    chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat. Just as
    the leopard is about to leap the old poodle exclaims loudly, “Boy,
    that was one delicious leopard! I wonder if there are any more
    around here”

Hearing this, the young leopard halts his attack in mid-strike, a
    look of terror comes over him and he slinks away into the trees.
    “Whew!,” Says the leopard, “That was close! That old poodle nearly
    had me!”

Meanwhile, a monkey who had been watching the whole scene from a
    nearby tree, figures he can put this knowledge to good use and
    trade it for protection from the leopard. So off he goes, but the
    old poodle sees Him heading after the leopard with great speed,
    and figures that something must be up. The monkey soon catches up
    with the leopard, spills the beans and strikes a deal for himself
    with the leopard.

The young leopard is furious at being made a fool of and says,
    “Here, Monkey, hop on my back and see what’s going to happen to
    that conniving Canine!”

Now, the old poodle sees the leopard coming with the monkey on his
    back and thinks, “What am I going to do now?”, but instead of
    running, the dog sits down with his back to his attackers,
    pretending he hasn’t seen them yet, and just when they get close
    enough to hear, the old poodle says: “Where’s that damn monkey? I
    sent him off an hour ago to bring me another leopard!”

Moral of this story…Don’t mess with old farts…age and
    treachery will always overcome youth and skill!
    Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience!

Some people are born professional BS’rs.
    I am not so blessed with such skills 😇

…….Marie Celeste….???????

Hi All,

I’m still here, just busy and nothing to report except continued maintenance (despite the odd really bad day,,,).

Awful news from France again, makes small talk well, small…

Viewing 50 posts - 15,401 through 15,450 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.