Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 15,451 through 15,500 (of 16,657 total)

• What is our world coming to more Tragedy again for the people in France
    Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. Buddha
    Peace RT

La paix et l’amour au monde.
    Peace and love to all.
    X

Checking in for a moment between end-of-year financial accounts for an organisation I am secretary for, and getting outside to enjoy another fabulous windless sunny weekend winter’s day. Have a great one, all, and share as much happiness as you can.

Great nursing skills, Wee. So happy for you with Jim’s progress. xx

Thoughts are with the French – again! Such senseless carnage, and for nothing but personal tragedy. πŸ™ I hope you weren’t in Nice celebrating, Wiwi.

Quote for the week from Jason Fung’s blog:

“My #1 Hack for Weight Loss

Just don’t eat. In other words, intermittent fasting. It’s natural. It’s free. It’s simple. You can do it anytime, anywhere. You can do it for as long as you want. Does it work? Of course. If you don’t eat, you’ll lose weight. Guaranteed.”

Hi Purple,
    Thanks for Jason Fung’s words. He is right on one level. It is very simple and very true, BUT it is not always as easy as he implies. Those of us who have had life long love affairs with food don’t always find it so easy to ‘just dont eat’! I wish it was so simple.
    We are so sad about Nice too – so hard to understand… its like we have had another (slower) war ever since 9/11… and this is even worse than WW1 & 2 in a way, no ‘rules’ exist.

Hi Fast Trackers and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    Purple that’s it in a nutshell thanks mate I couldn’t agree more Ill hack your hack πŸ˜‰ brilliant
    β€œMy #1 Hack for Weight Loss
    Just don’t eat. In other words, intermittent fasting. It’s natural. It’s free. It’s simple. You can do it anytime, anywhere. You can do it for as long as you want. Does it work? Of course. If you don’t eat, you’ll lose weight. Guaranteed.”
    I am looking forward to the contest tonight Nama.

β€œRemember that reserve of fat you have on your body already and realise you actually don’t need food, you just want it.”
    Peace RT

hmm…. RT don’t think we have a chance, enjoy your win!!

Morning/evening all,

I disagree with Jason Fung’s assertion that fasting is simple. It is a simple method but that is where simple ends. It is bl**dy difficult but sometimes it is less difficult than others. I do not enjoy being hungry or wanting to eat when I’ve decided not to and right now I’m in the bl**dy difficult/nigh on impossible zone 😩

As for the latest atrocity in France, nothing I can say will make a difference.
    9/11 was not the first time that atrocites have occurred, it has been going on for decades before that across Europe and the rest of the world and I cannot find a reason to think or hope that it is going to cease.

Amazon, my take on Dr Fung is that the idea is simple. Nothing complicated about not eating.
    As to it being easy…nothing worth doing ever is. I was only reading his blog today as I was fasting and often find reading literature on fasting steels my resolve.
    Hope you find it easier than it is now. We all have hard days. We all love food. We all need to fast. All the best with the rest of the day. P

Hi Purple,

I don’t really disagree with Fung, I’m just thoroughly fed up with everything at the moment and feel the need to moan about it and blame someone πŸ˜‰
    It’s more than a hard day. It seems that every time I get really close to the 5 stone mark I struggle for one reason or another and I’m finding it very frustrating gaining and losing the same few lbs again and again. I’ll keep plugging away hoping that once I get through this tricky patch the rest will be easier.
    A short solo pilgrimage without a mobile phone to a desert island might help……..

Amazon I am hearing you loud and clear – I think we are in very similar positions. So close to the final number, but unable to focus enough consistently to make the final dash! I think I am undermining my fasts by overeating on other days. But I am not stressing about it as I still remember how far I have come and I am confident deep down that I wont go backwards as I did previously with other types of diets. I am actually happy with the weight I am at present, just would like to get a couple more kilos off for some ‘wiggle’ room. Maybe that is why I am a bit complacent. But each week that goes by I believe more strongly that fasting is a ‘doable’ way to control our weight. I still think a lot of our issues with food are mind games, when something we dont believe we are ‘allowed’ automatically becomes more desirable. So I refuse to get into that game. I am trying to be mindful around food without being preoccupied with it. Just remember all your success over the past few years, focus on all the wonderful, permanent changes you have made in your life and for your health.

Hi Nama,

I haven’t lost sight of how far I’ve come and what I’ve achieved and in some ways that is making it even more frustrating that I am unable to maintain my focus and discipline. As Purple says most things that are worth doing are not easy.

Changing the subject completely, the weather here is glorious. It would appear that summer has finally arrived and it is hot for the UK mid to high 20s and the forecast for Tuesday is 30Β°C. Long may it continue β˜€β˜€β˜€

Hi all,

Just giving everyone a quick wave!

Ive not posted here for a bit as Ive joined a monthly challenge thread and its taking all my time to keep up with all the posts on there.

Hope everyone is ok.

Its going ok for me and although last week I only shifted half a pound, in total since starting 5:2 on 7th June I have lost 8.5lbs and lost 4% fat and on the whole managing to stick to my alowances. I do have to be careful on a NFD following a FD though πŸ™‚

Im rarely eating before lunchtime on any day, aiming for 16:8 on a NFD and eating my 400 cals in one meal on a FD.
    Currently Im doing 4:3 so have dropped the liquid only fasting for now!

Just wanted to say thank you for all the advice people gave me when I first pitched in here – this was the 1st thread I joined πŸ™‚

Onwards and downwards! If today hasnt worked out as we want it – we can do it tomorrow.

Kay

“so shines a good deed in a weary world”

A lil somethin’ to lift your spirits

The surprising decline in violence
    https://www.ted.com/talks/steven_pinker_on_the_myth_of_violence?language=en&utm_source=tedcomshare&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=tedspread

Sent from my iPad

Hi y’all,

So we are 6 hours into our road trip…finally out of Texas and into Arkansas. Heading towards a little town called Hope ☺️ , then Little Rock, then onto Memphis and hopefully to Nashville by 1am. Tomorrow 8 more hours to Columbus, then 3 more to get to Lakeside on Lake Erie.

My OH is currently driving, and therefore has domain over the radio …so he is belting out Beni and the Jets in his best falsetto. Calvin is building a Mine Craft World and Elliot is racing a little cute monster to the rhythm of a heartbeat. They liove long road trips so they get video time.

Between all the cooking n packing yesterday, I really ruined my fast, so I’m happy to have lots of healthy food for the trip. My lucky children have never known McDonalds.

Be well all, hope you enjoyed the above video.

And this is why we do what we do fast friends.

http://coach.nine.com.au/2016/07/15/10/43/obesity-second-biggest-killer

Have a happy Sunday

β€œIt’s is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    Peace RT

Hi Slimn
    Sounds like an Aussie road trip. We ‘big country’ people sure know how to cover the miles. We also have the driver chooses the music rule. Elton is an excellent choice! ☺ Drive carefully.

RT, re that article…I thought I was just doing it so that clothes fit properly πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

If it’s any consolation, Amazon and Nama, I am sitting at the top of my “wriggle room” at the moment and, despite fasting and skipping breakfasts this week, nothing shifts. I blame it on being too sedentary (weather and book reading), hopefully it slides off again come spring. πŸ˜•
    P ☺

Amazon,

How long have you been trying to do water fasts for? It took me about a month before I stopped getting headaches and a full six/seven months before I found it easy. It takes a fair while before you liver is able to convert stored fats into glucose and ketones at a good rate. It also takes time for your body to adapt to running on ketones, its a slow conversion process.

Hi BB
    Amazon, being UK based, should be asleep now. I presume you are in Australia.
    She is a very experienced, highly successful, long term faster. She is just doing what we all do, experiencing a slump and venting about it. That’s what’s kept us all here now for years. …mutual pick me ups.🌻 ☺ P

OK no probs. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and continue the journey.

That’s pretty much it 😊

Hi all

Interesting find in West Memphis. My husband insisted we would save time if we ate at a country restaurant that has all kinds of veggie sides n cornbread…

…so i conceeded…and couldn’t even eat half the plate! Wow! I had no idea my ability to take in big portions had been lost! Now that again, is progress!

2 more hours till Nashville, then hitting the hay at my cousin’s house. Can feel the bed already.

Mmmm..cornbread. … ☺
    You’ve come a long way, Slimn, in distance and appetite! ! ☺ P

Im never up this late. What time is it there Purple?

2:45 on Sunday afternoon ☺ (Just had crispy skinned salmon and salad… delicious!) You haven’t even gone to bed on Saturday yet. ..
    Sleep well. P

Nope. Still driving. Sunday afternoon huh? Freaky.

Morning/evening all,

I’m going away early on Tuesday morning and the cupboards are almost bare. Looks like a FD tomorrow as I’m not going to buy any more food.
    I did find a piece of salmon in the freezer so I’m having it tonight with a huge salad of every vegetable that is left in the fridge.

Purple, I would love to be sitting at the top of my wriggle room……..

Slim, your road trip sounds great. Many years ago I travelled from Peoria Illinois to Washington DC by road with some friends. We left at 3.30pm after we had picked up my friend from work. Her husband drove the first section and they took turns throughout the night either sleeping in the back or behind the wheel. My job was to keep the driver awake and pass them coffee and food at regular intervals. I loved it. We arrived in a sleepy DC very early on Sunday morning and went to a diner for an extremely unhealthy breakfast!
    I’ve also done a few long road trips in Australia and the first one was with my friend and her 3 children the eldest being 4 years old. I was chief entertainer, peacekeeper and jelly bean provider πŸ˜‰

I love driving once I get out of London and my recent driving holiday to Cornwall was great. I’m looking forward to my drive on Tuesday which is only 3 hours but it is a nice route with lots of beautiful countryside. The forecast is 30Β° so I’m glad I got the A/C in the car fixed despite it costing a small fortune 😲

Have a good one everybody 😜

Once upon a time my 16-year-old son and I shared the driving from Savannah to Philadelphia through a nor-east storm, just wanting to get back to our own beds, which we did in the early hours of the morning. Not a nice experience.

Hi everybody. I seem to have settled into a routine with two 24 hour fasts a week, Sunday 6pm to Monday 6pm and Thursday 6pm to Friday 6pm. I also keep to below the TDEE for my goal weight of 14st which is 2100 calories, though I usually manage around 1600 a day on average.

I also cycle a five mile round trip every two days which involves pedalling up a 1 in 30 hill for about thirty minutes on my MTB and then freewheeling back down again; coming down makes the going up worthwhile.

I didn’t post my results last week because I was away and didn’t have access to my scales, but I have weighed myself this morning and in the last two weeks I have lost another 5lbs. This makes a total of 1st 2lbs since I started the Fast Diet five weeks ago.

Fantastic Jim!
    I’ll bet your feeling proud of yourself!! ☺
    Keep up the new way of life. P ☺

Interestingly, to lose 2 kilo when I first started fasting, it represented only 2.3% of my weight. To lose 2kg now, it is 3.4%. This is why it is actually harder to maintain than to lose. The lighter we are, the less we can eat. Sad fact. So always make sure you don’t waste those calories on rubbish guys. πŸ˜•πŸ˜• P

I’ve had a busy morning which has kept me away from the kitchen.
    I gave the garden a really good soaking of water this morning. I wanted to get it done before it got too hot. We’ve had a lot of showers but the earth was bone dry as were all the tubs and pots. As usual when I get in the garden I find something that needs trimming, tying up, some weeding etc, plus a chat over the garden fence so it took a while πŸ˜‰

I’ve also done all of the ironing my least favourite chore.

I’m now in the process of deciding what to take away with me. It is so nice to have a choice πŸ™‚

Purple, there have been a few occasions when I’ve fancied something unhealthy that I used to love and have been left feeling disappointed eg an iced bun which was so sickly, stodgy and sweet I was left wondering how I ever enjoyed it.
    I still love cake but go for the less sweet options and usually those that have not much substance but are filled with copious amounts of cream πŸ˜†

Time for coffee β˜•

SlimJim that is crazy good mate fantastic keep on keeping on.
    RT

Hello,
    I am still around πŸ˜‰
    My vacation so far so good! The weather is fantastic and London is another big City.
    Doing lots of walking of course and trying not to eat much. I have mastered how to get around with public transportation on the tube and is awesome. We in the US are not used to this.bwe are the spoiled ones o guess.
    Tried some local ale but fish and chips it’s reserved for Wednesday.
    Happy Fasting to you my friends.
    I’ll be immediately back on board with you next Monday πŸ’‹

Hi HCB,

Glad all is well so far. It is going to be hot for the next couple of days so you’ll see London at its best. Sorry I can’t meet up with you, maybe next time πŸ™‚

Thanks Amazon! London it’s beautiful. I came prepared for the weather. Hot it’s back home … Enjoy your vacation πŸ™

Hi All,

Ahhhhh, sweet Ohio. Still in bed with a beautiful green morning rain, the light sound of thunder far away. My mom is rattling around downstairs already but I’m taking a moment to enjoy my coffee and breath in the green green grass of home. I believe Oscar was wrong.

I’d really love to fast today, but can’t feel totally committed as there is a lot to do to get to the lake… But for now, having a fasting morning.

So fun to hear of all your road trips…love the thought of Amazon as Chief of Entertainment n snacks ( I could’ve used one of those by hour 20). I tried to video OH singing but he would stop every time so the video is just me yelling at him to keep singing.

Be well all!

I love the β€˜F ’word my top 5 fasting words are fast-free-flexible-forgiving-fantastic when you consider the inbuilt stabilising mechanism at work here that allows all of us the odd treat or complete disaster even a blowout that can easily be fasted off it is again reassuring to know it’s the fasting and not the calorie restriction at play here so once you manage your head space and mindset that we do not have to eat all the time, therefore we are free to choose when we eat. During caloric reduction alone, you do not get any of the beneficial hormonal adaptations of fasting. Now, I am not saying that you can eat dessert every single day, but fasting gives you the ability to occasionally enjoy that dessert because if you feast, you can balance the scale by fasting. It is, after all, the cycle of life. The reason these β€˜cheat’ days are important is because it builds compliance. Simply put, it makes the diet easier to follow and changes it into a lifestyle instead. We often counsel that the most important aspect of fasting is to fit it into your life. Your WOL.
    Fasting Protocol in a year.
    ADF which has 182 fast days
    4:3 has 156 fast days
    5:2 has 104 fast days
    Always interesting to see what a year may look like and no matter how intensified your program may be and considering all the health benefits here.
    https://authoritynutrition.com/10-health-benefits-of-intermittent-fasting/
    The question is not β€œwhy are you fasting but why are you NOT fasting”
    Peace RT

Thanks for the link RT.
    It’s a pity it doesn’t cite prevention of greying or hairloss as a further benefit πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
    Another good fast here yesterday. Funny how some just slip by as part of life. Others take extra effort.
    Hope everyone else had good Monday fasts. P ☺

Good Mornibg,
    Great article RT and good to know Purple that my hair ain’t going nowhere.
    In this case great F*****g to everybody πŸ’–
    πŸ’‹

Morning all,

After a long weekend away I’m pleased to find my weight is within my maintenance range…albeit towards the top end!

I’ll be doing 16:8 today, but not sure if I’ll be fasting yet. It would probably be the best day to do it though – temp of 30+ forecast even up north!

Yesterday was a scorcher, I know because my car thermometer told me so… as I took 7 hours to travel 160 miles on the M6 πŸ™ So driving? You can stick it frankly!

Happy fasting/ mindful eating all.

I hope you had some good music to keep you dancing, Happy ☺
    We’ve been walking our little legs off, as well as jumping on and off trains, for the last 2 days. There’s a lot to be said for public transport keeping us, and the world, fit. P

Indeed P, I would far rather travel by train, read a book, enjoy the view, arrive stress-free! Sadly some journeys don’t lend themselves to train travel….

I had my iPod plugged in so listened to all sorts. Thank God for technology! My first car had a radio only, and that was stuck on Atlantic 252. I can’t remember what they played, but I do remember the playlist was quite short and on a repeating loop!

Are yes! We have a station like that “all the hits of the 60s, 70s and 80s”, but only about 20 in total. I only turn it on when my station is broadcasting cricket! !!! πŸ˜•

Purple ABC spicks and specks
    SBS rock whiz
    Say no more
    πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰
    Love the Ol Skool

Yep. I’m an ABC/SBS girl RT ☺
    Out of interest. …I know I could look it up, but why bother when we have this thread. …the full moon has just risen, big and round in the clear dark early evening sky. Is it a full moon now for the Northern Hemisphere too? (Trivia) P ☺

I am thinking yes because I saw a photo from Ireland or Scotland, cant remember…..on Facebook of course!
    Love a good long drive, but not in traffic Happy. Another advantage to retirement, being able to drive when most folk are at work. Our trips to Jamieson during the snow season (now!) are so much more enjoyable not having all the snow bunnies in front of us on a Friday night and coming home hungover (them) on a Sunday night. Now we go midweek and have the road to ourselves. Had a beautiful drive coming home yesterday, the countryside is unbelievably green in Eastern Victoria, I thought I was in Ireland! And baby lambs everywhere, so cute, made me think of Frankie RT!
    Fortunately the weekend walking kept the weight stable, despite the souvlaki Sat night and the sticky ribs Sun night…..

Woah! Spooky Nama! We found a Greek cafe in the city today and had souvlaki and salad for a late lunch. We have never seen it before and we’d just been to a lecture on Greek cafes and milkbars. Ain’t life strange? P

No cafes open at night in Jamieson Purple, so mine were home made – quite healthy I think apart from the aoli sauce! Spooky yes!

Blue skies and brilliant sunshine here in SA 22deg i cant believe it what a glorious day Nama the sunshine glistening off the paddocks of green grass with all the new born live stock Frankie getting way too big for his boots a cheeky cheezel and eager feeder knocking the bottle around and bumping it with milk foam splatting every where πŸ˜†
    happy hump day all
    Peace RT

Viewing 50 posts - 15,451 through 15,500 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.