Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,201 through 14,250 (of 16,657 total)

• Hi Purple

Many thanks for the link to Jason Fung. I totally agree re intermittent fasting. Samm’s idea of a deliberate break from fasting. ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ

Cheers, Bay

Hi All,

I hope you don’t mind me joining. I managed to reach my goal last year of 60 kilo, then gained 4 kilos back the past few months after falling off the “fast diet” wagon. Fasting today but unfortunately have been awake since 4.30am so going to be tough. About to have my second cup of coffee now. How does everyone cope with social engagements? Its so hard to do this when my family are eating normally.

Thanks
    Ali

Hi Ali,
    Welcome to our group. Several of us have fallen off the fasting bandwagon and jumped back on, you can do it. Hopefully we learn along the way. Nobody said losing weight was easy, it’s the hardest thing I have had to do in my life which has had plenty of challenges in it. I am making long term changes that I hope will make maintenance easier in the long run. Keep drinking when you think you are hungry, it helps.
    Good Luck! It will be great to have a new voice on the thread.
    Happy- I will read the book, let you know how I think! I have seen the video links, all makes sense. As you know I will try anything!
    Bay- I wonder how Samm is doing? Thinking of you big guy! (big as of strong not fat)

I played a fantastic game of bowls today and feel great now I have started jogging during my dog walk. I am actually looking forward to my jogging session and that is a big step from Monday when I thought I would collapse, life is strange.

Morning team and welcome to the forum newbies. Intermittent Fasting or IF for Jojo should be ticked off for her by virtue of 19/5 daily surely?? With a 19 hour fast I would of thought so then the CR calorie restriction or not in a 5 hour eating window irrespective of whether or not itโ€™s a feed or fast day. Keep on Keeping On Jojo.
    Nama I so want the win tonight however the cats are in good form โ€œDangerโ€ is in career best form which is a worry but he has such a good attitude and is full of skill and grace unlike the Tippet disaster I am hopeful and optimistic not confident.

Morning all. What a week with birthday cake and dinner and all sorts or celebratory items including Mothers day with only one FD since last week’s weigh in and a gain of 200g only. Very happy with this as 2 or 3 FDs after tomorrow should bring me back to losing again, last celebration tomorrow night.

Must keep going as just starting work.

Morning All,
    Lovely sunny day again but the forecast is grim for the weekend. Looks like my first game of bowls County Level will be in wet weather gear.

I agree RT 19/5 should prevent insulin spikes but admit I don’t do 19/5 on holiday, may need to start though. I will try it in July in Cornwall. Luckily we are self catering so it should be easier.

Aussie Oma- sounds like it’s been a fun week, keeping our spirits up helps us ‘keep going’. We have this thread to do just that! Of course constructive critism is useful if it leads us to success. We just have to try out new ideas as well as tried and tested formulae.

My poor daughter was in a minor car accident yesterday and has neck and back pain as a result. Her friend was just dropping her off in town when another car reversed at speed into their stationery one. Both drivers ok as braced on the steering wheels. It’s at times like these when I wish she wasn’t on the other side of the world. I would have driven her to the hospital to ensure she has an X-ray, she hasn’t even seen a doctor because she hasn’t registered with one yet. I have suffered whiplash myself after my car was rear ended by a lorry, I was also stationery waiting at a zebra crossing, it jolted my car sending it over 30 feet across up the road, the jolt was horrendous and wrote off my car, it made my life hell for a very long time.
    Happy fast day friends, be happy and be safe.

Jo,

So sorry to hear about your daughter’s accident, hopefully she won’t suffer any prolonged after effects. You’re whiplash accident sounds horrific though!

Well it’s much cooler (probably average for the time of year) and breezy here this morning, but the sun is still shining ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve not been for a run since Monday, but will hopefully get out later. I’m fasting today though so it may have to be a walk instead… We’ll see.

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi France Barata in NZ and Jojo HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Weemam Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB Tessy pen nib Iona72 Pentimento pranayama and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) ๐Ÿ˜‰
    The Irish Do Have a Certain Way About Them …

Bloke at a horse race whispers to Paddy next to him,
    “Do you want the winner of the next race?”
    Paddy replies “No tanks, oi’ve only got a small yard.”

Paddy and Mick found 3 hand grenades and decided to take them to the police station.
    Mick “What if one explodes before we get there?”
    Paddy: “We’ll lie and say we only found two!”

A coach load of paddies on a mystery tour decided to run a sweepstake to guess where they were going…..
    the driver won ยฃ52!

Paddy finds a sandwich with two wires stickin out of it.
    He phones the police and says “Bejasus I’ve just found a sandwich dat looks like a bomb.”
    The operator asks, “is it tickin?
    Paddy says “No, oi tink it’s beef”

Joe says to Paddy: “Close your curtains the next time you’re making love to your wife.
    The whole street was watching and laughing at you yesterday.”
    Paddy says: “Well the joke’s on them because I wasn’t even at home yesterday.”

Mick walks into Paddy’s barn and catches him dancing naked in front of a tractor.
    Mick says, “Oi Paddy, what ya doing?”
    Paddy says, “Well me and Mary haven’t been getting on in the bedroom lately & the therapist recommended I do something sexy to a tractor.”

The Irish have solved their own fuel problems.
    They imported 50 million tonnes of sand from the Arabs and they’re going to drill for their own oil…

Paddy says to Mick – I’m ready for a holiday, only this year I’m going to do it a bit different.
    3 years ago I went to Spain and Mary got pregnant.
    2 years ago I went to Italy and Mary got pregnant.
    Last year I went to Majorca and Mary got pregnant.”
    Mick asks – So what are you going to do this year?.”
    Paddy replies, – I’ll take her with me!”

Paddy says to Mick, “Christmas is on a Friday this year”
    Mick says “Let’s hope it’s not the 13th.”

Paddy’s in the bathroom and Murphy shouts to him. “Did you find the shampoo?”
    Paddy says, “Oi did, but it’s for dry hair and I’ve just wet mine.”

Have a happy Weekend all you beautiful losers ๐Ÿ˜†
    Peace RT

RT- you are a gem, my Irish eyes are smiling. Love the Tractor joke.

Happy- can you answer this? My first 5 minute jog is harder that the 2 nd yet there is a 15 minute walk in between. My lungs are not brilliant, slightly asthmatic past plus I was a smoker until age 30 but I try to breath steadily. I am also less puffed after second jog too. I am sure you know the science behind it. I am really feeling the benefits so I am going to attempt 3x 5 minutes next week. 5 mins at a time is probably still maximum for me at the moment. Hopefully the lighter I get the longer I will be able to run or power walk.

My car accident was many years ago and although very traumatic could have been much worse, I had just released the hand brake to move off so my car was pushed not crushed. It was a big lorry, articulated so I wouldn’t have stood a chance if my brakes had been on. The worst of it is both my children were in the car. My son aged 6 months in the front (in a rear facing car seat) and my daughter in the back in a front facing car seat aged 3 years. She also got whiplash. This is now her third car accident as a passenger, poor girl. Her friend rear ended another car on the motorway a couple of years ago. She will be a nervous passenger in future. I think it’s time to get her own car again but until she gets full time hours she can’t afford it. She might be safer on the bus.

Fabulous weather here today, off to bowls again, then mowing grass for three hours. Such is life!
    Happy weekend fasters

Hi Jo,

It’s basically your body warming up and getting used to the exercise.

When you start running your muscles need more oxygen, but your body isn’t set up to instantly increase the supply. So initially you’re depleting blood oxygen and increasing carbon dioxide. When your brain senses this you start breathing heavily and your heart rate elevates to get more oxygen in and pumped to the muscles. At this point you’ve also got to repay the oxygen debt you just accumulated (the time before your brain realised you needed more oxygen) and clear lactic acid from the muscles. Once this happens, you’re nicely warmed up and your body’s in the right gear!

This is common to everyone, and why you see athletes jogging around before the race proper – they need to be instantly firing on all cylinders!

Good morning everyone . Bit dull here this morning but can’t complain as we have had 3 gorgeous day this week . We are having a day off today as my RA in my knee is sore with all the driving I have been doing . feeling a wee bit more relaxed as Jim had the heart scan and all seems well to go ahead with the op . Just have to wait again for the vascular Surgeon to get in touch .

I did a liquid only yesterday . One is fine for me now and again when I have had ” a really greedy day” .

Jojo I hope your daughter is OK pal . Thank goodness for Skype . At lest you can chat face to face .

RT loved the jokes . I am slow on the uptake this morning though ,had to read the tractor one twice lol .

I hope Amazon is enjoying her holiday.

I hope SAMM is OK and pops in just to let us know how he is .
    Everyone else I think of you all .

Take care everyone ..Wee xx

Morning/evening all,

I got home yesterday afternoon very happy but tired and a little under the weather. I have a head cold which I think is a combination of hay fever and the a/c in my room which intermittently sent out huge blasts of cold air rather than a steady stream.
    Rome was wonderful, We were centrally located, only two minutes from the river and it took 15 minutes to walk to the Vatican. We arrived late afternoon on Saturday and went for walk up to the Spanish steps and towards the Trevi fountain. We stopped for a pizza and continued our walk. Later on we stopped in a little square close to home and sat outside a restaurant drinking wine and watching the world go by.
    On Sunday morning we were out by 9am and had a wonderful walk all the way round the Vatican area. There were hardly any tourists about and it was very nice to be able to see eveything without having to fight our way through crowds. We stopped for coffee and then walked back over the river via a different bridge and continued our walk. We visited the Pantheon which was also very quiet. Last time I was in Rome the inside was covered in scaffolding as it was being cleaned so I didn’t get a good look so it was great to go back and see it in it’s glory ๐Ÿ™‚ We went to Piazza Navona which is a great place to sit back and people watch. We sat outside a restaurant in the sun and had a leisurely lunch and then continued. We finally got home footsore but happy, with time to relax before getting ready to go out for dinner. There were so many choices of restaurants within 10 minutes of where we were staying it would have taken months to try them all!

On Monday we were up and out early again and we visited a museum I hadn’t been to before which has a lot of ancient Roman relics plus numerous other artefacts. We also went to the Coliseum which is my favourite site in Rome and I was delighted to have the opportunity to return. Once again we walked and walked and got home tired but happy. Another good dinner was a perfect end to our day.
    Tuesday and Wednesday were tennis, tennis, tennis. The bus stop was literally across the road and round the corner from home and the bus stopped outside the Foro Italico which is next to the Olympic stadium. It is a beautiful site and a lovely place to sit and watch. The tennis was excellent and everything on sale was at a reasonable price unlike many other venues where food, drinks and merchandise are sold at extortionate rates.
    I bought a very nice good quality t-shirt (size S) and it was only โ‚ฌ25.
    The weather was good and apart from a prolonged shower late on Wednesday afternoon, the rain fell overnight and the sun shone during the day.

It was a really nice break and apart from the head cold I feel refreshed and relaxed. The scales show a gain which will disppear with a couple of FDs and I’ve no complaints as I ate and drank rather more than I intended but enjoyed every mouthful.

Only four weeks until Cornwall ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Have a good one everybody ๐Ÿ˜œ

Hello Everydoby,

Looks like quite a few of us are fasting today!
    I transferred my fast from yesterday to today because I went out with some gals for Mexican dinner. Normally prior to a fast day I need go be prepared for success. It was lovely to meet and chat with new friends. I am a home buddy and not that social. Anyway I ate those guacamole, tortilla and salsa well and half of the dinner. One glass of white wine and a margarita without salt around the border. Of course I am heavier today also hungry and tired. Must be the type of food and drinks. My fast goes on… “Yes! There’s a price to slenderness and health”.

The day looks nice but I believe it’s calling for rain. Jo I was running short yesterday so could only get to the Pilates class. I tried Zumba once and my body parts were all over so I am losing coordination also everybody comes out of that class soaked in sweat. I want that workout.

Jo – Sorry to hear about your girl! Three car accidents it’s quite a trauma. Let’s hope she sees a doctor soon.

Amazon – welcome back! You just gave us a good mental tour of Rome. We were there couple years ago but not on our own so there’s so much to see I believe.

Happy – very well explained ๐Ÿ˜˜

RT – still takes me a while to understand the American jokes. Yours sometimes I read twice. LOL I get them and learn too ๐Ÿ˜‚

Wee – let’s pray for a good surgeon comes in your way.

Samm – yes! I remember how nice he was here last year! Someone here at this thread contacted me on my private email. I don’t know how she did it. Can’t we find out abou Samm?

Anyway! Hope my fast goes well. Yoga, organizing and the worst its cooking for my husband. He needs no fasting and busy weekend with two parties ๐Ÿ‘

Be good everyone
    Xoxo
    B

Happy- thanks it’s useful information, just hoping the 3 rd jog is even easier, ha ha.

Amazon, welcome back, you were missed. I am so jealous, I have never visited Rome except the airport which is almost criminal. Sorry to hear you are feeling crook, rest and drink something nice and warming.

Wee, the problem with chatting with my daughter is the time difference and our very busy schedules but we manage it most weekends, her Sunday and my Saturday.

Seems the weather report has changed and we are now expecting a good weekend, hoorah!

Weight in tomorrow, not feeling any different but we will see?

Hi Jojo and HCB,

I’m not feeling too bad now. I’m fasting today and it is going really well. I decided that a food free day was too much too soon after several days of eating well so am doing a proper 500 calorie fast and as is usual for me, only eating dinner. I might attempt food free tomorrow depending on how I feel.

I’ve done all of my washing and am now camped out on the sofa glued to the tennis. I have no intention of doing anything more taxing for the rest of the day other than heating up my dinner ๐Ÿ™‚

There is a lot to see in Rome and despite my previous visit being 5 days, we ran out of time so it was great to have the chance to see a couple of places I missed and re-visiting my favourites. I would happily go again as it is such a beautiful place.

Amazon,

Thanks for the travelogue, it evoked Rome nicely. I’ve not been for over 10 years, but it’s a special place I intend to return to. So much old stuff ๐Ÿ˜€

RT,

Thanks for the laughs… Although it does feel slightly wrong, an Aussie poking fun at our nearest neighbour!!

Jo,

Re: the third interval run being easier…dream on! It’s hard…it’s hard…ooh, it’s easy, I’m enjoying it…nope, it’s torture.,.my lungs are burning…my legs are dead weights…I’m home! I feel great! Looking forward to my next run!

So anyway, I didn’t go for a run today, but I did complete my fast. I would say 25 hours…except I broke it at 24 hours with a glass of red wine ๐Ÿ˜Š It’s not like my liver’s had much to do for the last few hours.,.!

Hi Happy i will be more sensitive to our cultural needs now for sure ๐Ÿ˜† and give some timely advise to our Blonde folk next Friday ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Have a great weekend

Hello,
    What a slow day! I woke up so hungry. Kept thinking about that very late dinner last night. I never eat that late.
    Went to my yoga, sauna and came right back home. The weather changed to rain again.
    Since I was sleepy I took a nap of maybe 20 minutes. Fasting was weird today even had a head ache. I drank plenty of water and also a green tea ๐Ÿ˜. Managed to kill time and even made more saurkraut, cooked dinner for husband trying to reach 19:5… That was done.
    I have one bbq party tomorrow and I believe out neighbor is thinking of a 50th surprise B-day party for me and the other party will be champagne and cake Sunday for another friend. Really need to behave and don’t drink and eat too much.
    What’s the diference between fasting and intermittent fasting and how should one break a fast.

Be good ๐Ÿ˜š
    B

Morning/evening all,

My FD went very well yesterday and I was surprised as Roman carbs galore were consumed. Pizza, gnocchi, bread, canoli were all enjoyed. Surprisingly no pasta or rice. I wanted a seafood risooto but didn’t see one on the menu anywhere and the day I was tempted by pasta for lunch I changed my mind when I saw melanzane parmiggiana was on offer. I’m not overly fond of aubergines but cooked this way they are delicious (sliced and fried in olive oil then layered with tomato sauce and parmesan and cooked in the oven).
    Back to my fast before I start drooling ๐Ÿ˜‰ I wasn’t even hungry until 4pm and almost forgot it was a FD. I suspect that today will be more difficult but I’m determined to complete B2B fasts to get me back into my routine as soon as possible. My head cold has almost disappeared and I feel much better this morning.

I’m off to do some food shopping shortly and top of my list is English asparagus which will feature on tonight’s menu with a poached duck egg on top and a large salad. Delicious ๐Ÿ™‚

Amazon,
    Asparagus, duck egg and Parmesan now you are talking- delicious.

Happy- I am thrilled to report that I have lost 2 1/4 lbs this week( albiet 1 regained last week) I really think the running has made the difference. If I can continue with this success I will be very happy. I will settle for 1 lb per week so long as it stays off. Goal is still a long way off but I am still determined to get there.

I have met 15,000 steps daily too this week so I am sure that helps. My b2b fast was sucessful as was yesterday’s 450 calorie fast.

This week I am going to do 5:2 tradition (450 cals) starting today with 19/5 Everyday days but eating more on non fast days, only healthy options ( basically mountains of salad, veg and fish, but ignoring 1200 calorie limit( I will record cals for evidence) Experiment worth trying. I am keeping the 15,000 step minimum and including 15 mins of jogging daily( still in 5 minute bouts).

Time to get going, bowls match booked for 10 am.

Amazon, so happy you discovered Canoli. I love them!
    Sounds as if you had fun in Rome. Did you meet the starlings of Rome?
    My daughter once parked her dark green car under a tree in Rome by the Tiber. The next morning it was white. It took 3 trips through the carwash to clean off the starlings’ evening meal.

It’s another fast day here. My scales seem to be malfunctioning as they show a kilo drop. If this is true, I would be 6 kilos from top of my goal range(that’s a stone I think). I feel like an inverted kid in school- soon I can join the maintenance thread when I’m small enough. Let’s hope it’s true, but tomorrow will give some more clues.

Another dark wet day here. I see fine weather is forecast for tomorrow and I will dig out my raised beds, and plant mystrawberries, artichokes, celery and cavallo nero.
    Thanks RT for the Friday funnies. Shame I couldn’t read them with an Irish accent.
    I have a grandmother born in Ireland which enables me to have Irish nationality. I guess I’d have to acquire the accent if I get the passport.
    Happy day.
    Wiwi

Hi Wiwi,

Well done on your continued loss, how wonderful to be so close to goal.
    I need to behave myself and stop overdoing it on non fast days. I have 4 weeks until I go to Cornwall and I want to shift some weight before I go, so LCHF for me from now on which is much easier now that the weather is warmer.

I discovered the starlings on my previous trip when we sat outside a restaurant next to the Coliseum at dusk and a huge flock of them were performing aerobatics for our entertainment ๐Ÿ™‚

I had wanted to try proper canoli for a long time but had never seen any here that looked authentic, so it was fabulous to try one for dessert and I also tried one of those on sale at the tennis ground food court where I had a very non IF lunch of a bresaola,parmesan and rocket sandwich followed by canoli which had been dipped in coffee flavoured biscuit crumbs ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

I’m back from food shopping and the fridge is now full of salad, berries, cherries and vegetables including a beautiful aubergine, a huge pile of tomatoes. I always have parmesan. Guess what I’ll be having for dinner tomorrow…..
    There are also 3 bunches of asparagus which were 3 for 2 so I’ll be having some this evening when I break my fast. I love shopping at this time of year when so many vegetables are coming into season. It will be broad beans and peas soon both of which I love and used to grow on my allotment.

I’ll be distracting myself with watching tennis today and if I get bored there is a huge pile of laundry waiting to be ironed.

Wiwi
    Well done on the loss, I look forward to the day I am one stone from goal. Little steps!

My grandmother was Irish but stupidly married an Englishman. He was not a nice man or good father. I can do a good Irish accent though as many of my friends are Irish. I love Ireland and feel very at home there. Shame about the weather though and you know I am a sun seeker.

Just home from the bowls club. I lost my first game by one point, not too bad, the opponent had been bowling for 9 years to my 2. Spent the afternoon making tea, they like seriously strong tea and lots of cakes and biscuits. I had a very tiny portion of lemon drizzle cake because my colleague made it for us, yummy. Now having salad and fish for dinner.

Amazon- sounds like you are feeling better. Good news!

Hi Jojo,

I’m feeling good today as my cold has all but disappeared and my FD has gone very well. I had a huge salad topped with roasted asparagus and cherry tomatoes, a duck egg and some slivers of parmesan followed by strawberries and a dollop of yoghurt.Yum yum ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve planned my menu and exercise for the next week and am determined to stick to it. B2B M/Tu and Th/F, gym at least 3 times and as much walking as I can fit in. If I have a couple of days without a decent walk or some exercise my back gets stiff so I must keep moving and working at strengthening it.

My increased fitness was a blessing in Rome as we walked all day Sunday and Monday, and sat on stone steps on the tennis courts for 2 days. If my back and hip had still been troubling me I wouldn’t have been able to do any of it let alone go out in the evening and walk on the cobbles in high heels!
    I had no after effects from the walking or the sitting on such an unforgiving surface which goes to show that we can improve our fitness level at any age if we work at it.

I’ve been out in the garden today doing some weeding and watering. I have two dwarf lilac bushes which are in full bloom and their perfume is heavenly. My little garden is looking great at the moment. All the new plants that I put in before I went away are looking good and most of them are blooming already.

I treated myself to some purple and lilac scented stocks this morning so the flat smells like a flower garden too ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒน

Amazon,
    My garden is looking good too, full of colourful plants. The birds keep pinching the quior from my hanging baskets, I am a bit worried that all the plants will fall out soon. Cheeky birds!
    2 B B ‘s in one week, impressive! Hope they go well!

I never wear high heels, you took some risks wearing them on cobblestones. My back often gets stiff if I have overdone the exercise or gardening.

My fitness level has dramatically increased this week thanks to jogging.

I have done 2 B2Bs on numerous occasions. It’s how I lost 2 stones in 14 weeks before I went to Cuba, 4 fasts one week and 3 the next. My problem recently has been sustaining it for several weeks.

I love wearing high heels and don’t often get the chance. The Italian women wear the highest stilettos and some even manage to run on the cobbles in them ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Ha ha Amazon, what timing! When temps, waitresses and A list leading ladies are rebelling against enforced wearing of high heels..!

Personally I’m not a fan. My feet are size 7/8, and I AM big boned (at 59kg I can say that without it sounding like an excuse for being big!!). My legs are sturdy, my ankles thick, my feet big… Heels do not enhance me ๐Ÿ˜Š

My back has been so much better the last few weeks, you’re so right about the need to keep moving and working on strength. When things hurt it’s tempting to stop moving and protect the injury, but it’s so often the wrong thing to do.

Jo and Wi, congrats on the weight loss this week. You know you’re all welcome on the maintenance thread any time! If you’re not gaining, you’re at least maintaining ๐Ÿ˜€

Hi all and thanks JoJo for starting this discussion all that time ago. I’m new here but I’ve tried the 5:2 before, although not in a committed way and I really want to give it my best now. I’m from Ireland (thanks for the jokes Rouge; happily we can laugh at ourselves – I have a few I’ll share when I get the time : )53 years old and 12st 9lb (I think). I’m unfit, although I go to the gym twice a week to do weights etc. supervised by a trainer. I’ve also tried to do the Couch to 5K in 10 weeks but am seriously out of puff very quickly because of the extra weight I’m carrying. Also an ex-smoker x 10 years. All advice and guidance very welcome as I plan to start the fast diet tomorrow.
    Thanks and good luck to everyone
    Aine

Hi fast trackers and welcome Aine, Maryanne and Jafmensah.

RT, thanks for laughs.

Welcome back Amazon, lovely word picture of Rome – one of my favourite European cities, possibly because we have so many people of Italian extraction in Adelaide I felt right at home.

Please don’t be offended if I don’t mention anyone else by name but always good to read everyone’s news and sensible advice based on long experience. Interesting discussion regarding calorie restriction on non-FDs. As most of you know, based on Purple’s advice, I limit my intake to 1500C/day on non-FDs as that is what I need to get used to eating when I reach my goal weight of 55kg. Even though it’s much less than my old bad habits, I don’t consider that CR. What is everyone’s opinion?

All going well here with 2 FDs of about 400C and an eating window of 4 hours on the 3 days/week I’m at work. According to my Fitbit, I rarely have a day when I burn less than 2500C and more like 3500C on my weight training days, although that of course will decline as I lose more weight. Still on track for goal later in the year with an average weekly loss of 0.75kg.

Take care all and keep up the good work. n xxx

Hi Nicky that really is a good consistent loss .75g a week is good going a 4 hour eating window on your fast day is a good control lever and like you work is a great distraction for me as well. I like your numbers and using goal weight TDEE and approx. 25% of this on your fast is not only good science but very doable as your regular consistent loss would also give strength to. As for is 1500 CR personally I donโ€™t believe so and I honestly believe we can all live breathe and function very well by restricting our eating window by good quality food choices or as PVE likes to put it mindful eating and portion size. And still factor in the odd trick or treat without rushing to jump on the scales or grabbing the tap measure when you get home ๐Ÿ˜‰ as if ๐Ÿ˜†
    โ€œRemember that reserve of fat you have on your body already and realise you actually donโ€™t need food, you just want it.โ€
    Keep on keeping On Nicky you have found your doable.
    Peace RT

Morning/evening all,

My B2B did the trick and this morning the scales tell me I’m back to pre Rome weight. I now need to knuckle down and get closer to goal.
    I’ve tried a few different twists on 5:2 and been going round in circles weight wise and the penny dropped when I read Nicky and RT’s posts. Guesstimating calories on a non fast day and having treats will be fine when I’m maintaining but I must take closer order of what I’m consuming until then or I’ll never reach my goal. I always say I aim for my goal weigh TDEE but in practice I’m not achieving it or I would be at goal by now.
    Today is a non FD so I’m doing 18/6. Bircher muesli for brunch, every ingredient weighed and measured and steak with kale and asparagus for dinner. No wine for a while as I drank far too much alcohol than is good for anyone when in Rome, and it can lead me to fridge door grazing when I’m not hungry.

I’m now going to sit down and work out some below goal TDEE menus which will allow for the occasional treat and try to stick to it on non FDs for the next 4 weeks.
    I will then be bombarded with the smell of Cornish pasties and freshly baked scones which as most of you know are vehicles for jam and clotted cream but I have a dastardly plan to eat such delights for brunch and have lots of lovely fresh fish and local meat and veg for my dinner.
    I find it easier when I’m away with my best friend as she is very slender, so I ensure I don’t eat any more than she does. It worked when we went to Cuba and to Bruges.

Happy, when I was 15 I got a Saturday job in a shoe shop and by the time I was 16 I had 20 pairs of shoes. It was one of those old fashioned shops with boxes of shoes that covered the walls from floor to ceiling and I used to run up and down the ladders in tight skirts and 4 inch heels ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    I’m still the owner of far more shoes than anyone could possibly need and I like to wear heels when I go out. The Italians love to dress up when they go out for dinner ๐Ÿ๐Ÿท so we looked more like locals than the other tourists!

It’s a lovely morning here, mostly blue sky and โ›…
    I’m having a lazy day at home which will include a few chores and some serious tennis watching.

COME ON ANDY!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Have a good one everybody ๐Ÿ˜œโ›…

Hoorah another half a pound off, I am back to weighing daily as I need to record of there is any difference when I increase calories on non fast days.

I believe your TDEE is maximum calories allowed on any non fast day. I have always found it too high but I am experimenting on going up to that level from my usual 1200 maximum.

Good luck everyone

I think TDEE is probably OK for those who have never tried to lose weight before, but for yo-yo dieters may be too high due to years of losing and gaining messing up our systems which I hope/believe can be restored by fasting.

Amazon,

I am envious of your mastery of high heels! Not only do they not suit me, and don’t agree with my back, I’m rubbish in them โ˜น๏ธ It would be nice to be a lady sometimes…

Jo,

I do think you need to work on increasing your 1200 calorie TDEE, because the only other way is down. What will your TDEE be at goal? 1000? That’s just not sustainable is it?

As you (gradually) increase calories on non-fast days there is a danger that weight loss may stall, or slightly increase, so you will need to compensate. Fewer calories on fast days or more exercise, or both!

I know this process of ‘re-feeding’ is what body builders do after calorie restriction leading up to competition, so you might like to peruse some body building websites for inspiration ๐Ÿ˜€

Sunny and dry here, but cool again. Perfect gardening weather! Happy Sunday all.

Hi Happy,
    Yes I will do both lower cals on fast days and more aerobic exercise plus reassess my TDEE level. Everything contantly changes with exercise and calories consumed but hopefully if I keep adjusting I will get the result I want. Just munching a salad and mozarrella cheese. Everything but the kitchen sink in the salad plas a nice balsamic and oil dressing. Cheese a bit boring but the only thing in the fridge, shopping on line this afternoon.
    Amazon- I agree that long term dieters have messed up their ‘burning calories’ system. I not sure fasting has helped my system but I am going to find out.
    I suspect I will need to do zero cal fasts and 30 mins aerobic exercise to compensate for 1600 cals on non fast days. We will see!
    Bit of low back pain today so taking it easy this afternoon.

Hello from a cold Sunday night in Melbourne. I have been socialising too much this weekend again and eaten far too much, so look forward to a fast tomorrow! Amazon I agree with you, eating too much on non fast days only leads to maintaining current weight! But thank goodness for fasting to compensate! We just seem to have had a lot on the last few weekends and the next one is also booked up! I only want to lose another couple of kilos and am in no rush, so consider I am practising for maintenance at present.

I enjoyed your descriptions of your trip to Rome Amazon, it sounds like you really enjoyed every minute. It is also a favourite with me, although its been years…

We had fun pram-shopping with DIL and Son yesterday, then pizza (home made) for lunch afterwards. This baby is starting to get ‘real’ at last at 26 weeks. Then we called in on other son and his girl to meet our new ‘fur’ grandson!! They have been looking for a pup for quite a while and fully intended to get a smallish breed, but came home with a gorgeous 10 wk old Standard Poodle. They plan on being ‘strict’ parents, the pup has been raised by a professional breeder and is well used to being outside. So they set his bed up in their garage, which has a door to their back garden, planning to settle him there for his first night. Hmmm…. they all slept on the (fortunately big) sofa together, as they did not have the heart to go upstairs and leave him alone. Its going to be interesting to see if the youngster is going to rule the roost!!

I am with you on the high heels Happy! My height and big feet also do not lend themselves to heels.
    Have a great week everyone!

Hello Everyone,

Gorgeous sky here yesterday and today but a little crip. It’s 48 degrees outside.

My “surprise” party was nice yesterday! There were nice salads, grilled shrimp and chicken, chilly, since my husband it’s the pastry chef we brought chocolate cake with chocolate mousse, fresh whipped cream and strawberries on top, sangria and lots of beautiful wine.
    Well! This person here keeps thinking about how much not to eat on non FD and how much of this, that and what.
    I had fun but really didn’t over splurge. Planing 2FD this coming week so it will be a success.
    Duck egg! I never had it. Is it an English specialty?
    Today I will make a vegetable soup mainly for the week and some for the freezer, walk with the dog and go to a champagne and cake birthday party.
    Do you trust your scale? I bought a new one last year and finally I started using it. I left my old one in Florida. This one I am having funny feelings it’s something wrong or left see it 2 months from now ๐Ÿ˜˜
    Hope you all a good “losing” week.
    Xoxo
    B
    Xoxo

Hi HCB,

Duck eggs are sold in many stores and markets in the UK. I first tasted them as some friends of mine who live in the countryside keep chickens and ducks and they always give me fresh eggs to bring home. They don’t taste a lot different from a good chicken egg and by that I mean organic, from my friends chickens or possibly from one of Happy’s girls ๐Ÿ˜‰ but they are larger and the yolks taste slightly richer to me.

I always buy a mix of chicken and duck eggs.

Amazon,
    I buy duck eggs every month from a local farmer, I reall love them, especially on asparagus with Parmesan. I have also had them scrambled with poached haddock or smoked salmon.
    Now we have the fine weather I am mainly making salads, mediterannean basically but I add spring onions, grapes, white cabbage, garlic, mustard seeds and use balsamic vinegar with oil. I usually have a side serving of cooked( unpickled) beetroot and baby corns. I have recently stopped having Honey and Mustard dressing due to the sugar content)
    Feeling very tired today so I won’t make my 15,000 steps, more like 7,000. Back ache and not enough sleep last night. Rest necessary, definately no jogging on Sunday’s. I thought about it but just couldn’t raise the energy.
    Planning my trip in New Zealand for next Jan/ Feb. This time I am planning to visit Hamilton, Rotorua, Taupo, Napier, Palmeston and Wellington then Nelson, Christchurch, Timaru, Otago, Duneden, Te Anau, Queenstown and then a week in Wellington before departing. Should be lovely weather at that time, getting away from English winter.

Andy Murray won the tournament in Rome. I am a happy girl ๐Ÿ˜Ž

I like raw grated beetroot in salads and in coleslaw although it turns everything else pink!
    I also like to add fruit either dried or fresh figs, apples, peaches.

I really like BBQ food too and am hoping we have a decent summer so I can make good use of my little Weber.

I’m trying a new recipe I found in the New York Times for roasted radishes in anchovy sauce…sort of like bagna cauda.

K-Lo , tell us how it goes! Not sure about anchovy sauce but I would try it, I love anchovies pickled.

It may be too salty, but I love anchovies, except on pizza.

Hello all. I tried to get on track today and I don’t think I did too badly until a little while ago when I had 3 packets of crisps immediately after a row with partner – does anyone else have diffs with ’emotional eating’? The row will blow i=over I know but in the meantime I’ve messed up my eating. Other than that though, I was really good but I think I’ll follow other people’s approach and start to log calories each non FD day. I an only estimate that I had about 1500C today and I’ll have to do the first FD tomorrow. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone. A : )

Hi Everyone,
    Just love the conversations. I always go up in my TDEE at least once per week and try to maintain a lower limit on other days. Fasting has helped my insulin stabilize or is it all in the mind? I really should have it checked. I want to fast even when I am at my goal weight, but what is the point of that? I think it is important because it keeps us healthy. Answered my own question.

Aine.. I have diffs with emotional eating and eating out of the cabinets without thinking. I have been working on it. I am like jo and try not to buy anything that I will binge on. Then I talk my self out of it (sometimes). The question is what do you not want to feel? The emotions are going to still be there when you are done emotional eating. Forgive yourself and go on. It is a process. Everyday gets better, I promise.

Shoes- I like my tennis shoes the best. I own a few 2 inch heals.. only for special occasions.
    Take care everyone,
    Monday.. Fast Day for me.

Morning/evening all,

Another sunny morning with blue sky.

FD for me and off to the gym in a few minutes. I’m deliberately leaving later to avoid a crowded changing room after one of the classes which always seems to coincide with me finishing my workout.

I’ve prepared calorie counted melanzane parmigiana which I’ll be enjoying for dinner today and tomorrow. I substituted the breadcrumb topping with a few pine nuts.

With pine nuts not breadcrumbs, now you just need a few tweaks (lose the cheese), and you’ve got imam bayeldi… You really can’t go wrong with aubergine ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†

Morning All,
    I am doing a zero cal fast today and Wednesday and trying 1500 cals in 19/5 window on non fast days. I will weigh on Sunday so I can evaluate how the week has gone.
    I am still suffering from back ache but I plan to keep moving through it and avoid painkillers during the day. Had to take muscle relaxants last night which ensured a good nights sleep.
    My oldest dog is behaving strangely today, fearful and needy, I can’t put my finger on what ails her, her movements seem odd. I am going to take her for a walk now and see how she fares. Sometimes she freaks if there is a buzzing fly around, really scares her yet to my knowledge she has never been stung by anything.
    I have my ‘well woman’ appointment today so heading for another ‘dangers of obesity talk’ and ‘are you sure you are eating healthily?’ Actually YES I AM! Do I get enough exercise? YES I DO! Have you got a plan to lose weight? YES I FAST 2 DAYS PER WEEK.
    Aine333-I always fall off the fasting wagon as an emotional response to stressful situations. It doesn’t matter that our intellect tells us that we are only making matters worse. Food is comfort, it is ingrained into our brains from early childhood, at least from my perspective (but not all people see it that way) I am working on convincing myself that ‘comfort eating’ is ‘self abuse’ but I haven’t won that battle yet. There are stronger souls on this thread that may offer you advice. I hope it helps.

Happy, I love imam bayeldi but I’ve not used pine nuts in it. I must try as it sounds like a great idea.
    I have Ottolenghi’s book Jerusalem and there are a few aubergine recipes I want to try. One in particular where they are stuffed with spicy minced lamb looks delicious!

I managed to griddle the aubergines with a miniscule amount of oil so had lots of calories for parmesan and pine nuts and I’m really looking forward to my dinner. I am going to have some roasted asparagus with it ๐Ÿ™‚

I had a good workout this morning at the gym and it was much more pleasant without having to fight my way to my locker afterwards and get changed in 3 square inches of space due to the aqua aerobics class all trying to do the same ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

It is a glorious day here ๐ŸŒž

Viewing 50 posts - 14,201 through 14,250 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.