Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 12,751 through 12,800 (of 16,657 total)

• I have eaten a lot less this week and have been cold every day! So I just put on a few more layers and added a scarf to most outfits. Hopefully I will see the benefits on the scale tomorrow. Feeling good that I resisted alcohol in the pub tonight, dry January continues and I even passed up the curry special for a low calorie chicken salad.
    Thanks for the chuckles RT, the old ones are the best!

Iona72 and Aussie Oma,
    Well done both of you.
    RT- great jokes, it’s the only way to start the day.
    I went to see Star Wars last night, fell asleep, seriously what do people rave about, not impressed. Looking forward to seeing ‘the Danish Girl’ which has terrific reviews not least from Amazon.
    Not fasting today, still feeling rough, hopefully tomorrow.
    . Let’s hope it stops raining long enough for me to cut my grass. It’s a good three hours work so I need quite a big window.
    Joined bowls club again yesterday so looking forward to playing next week.

Have a great weekend everyone, keep fasting

I fasted yesterday, 39 deg, and was not overly hot…some benefits of fasting in the heat! P

Jo,

Maybe you’d actually benefit from fasting? It’s when the body repairs itself after all, so might actually help you stop feeling rough!

P, I’ve also experienced the benefit of being cold on a fast day… on the very rare hot days we have in northern England!

Cold and frosty here today and we will see the sun again. Two consecutive days…I can’t remember the last time that happened!

No fasting for me. I appear to have repaired Christmas, and can now settle back to 6:1.

Have a good one all.

Morning/evening all,

It is a very cold and frosty morning, but the sky is blue and the sun is shining. Forecast is for it to hit 4Β°C today β„β˜€βœ³

Have a good one everybody 😜

Enjoy the sun girls. 🌞
    Jo, I agree with Happy. Fasting helps heal the body. We all need regular fasts to allow our cells to repair. I did not gain weight while away over Christmas but I still do regular fasts to keep healthy and my eating on track.
    Sorry you are jet lagged. I had it the last time I flew home, but this time I made sure I was awake, with the blind open to let the sun in, during Australia’s daytime, to adjust my clock, and it worked. Our sleep patterns are back to normal. P ☺

I’m giving credit to fasting for keeping my immune system in good shape. I have been surrounded by illness(head cold/cough) both at home and at work and I am unscathed so far! Keeping my fingers crossed that the fasting and my abstinence from sugar is keeping me healthy!

Feel better soon Jo!

Good point Lori. We were surrounded by people with colds and ‘flu in the UK and neither of us caught them. Go fasting!! ☺ P

I seem to have had the same benefit. Usually I get a couple of colds, but last winter it was just one mild one. On the other hand, the non-fasters in the household also had a gentle winter in that respect, so we need a longer trial (of two, now πŸ™‚ )

Enjoy your weekend, all. Off to Aus tomorrow to catch up with children and grandchildren, including the newest πŸ™‚

Hello Fasters,
    Yes I definitely seem to have avoide most bugs and colds but mainly I put that down to being retired and therefore not being contantly in touch with snivelling children. I wouldn’t say all my health problems are sorted out yet but then I am still a long way from goal.
    I spent the morning doing spring cleaning at my flat, horrible job, getting rid of greasy walls caused by a cook who never put the extractor fan on and only used the hob to fry everything. My pots and pans are all wrecked. Honestly some people!
    Still not feeling well but keeping on the move, still cold all the time and waking at 5 am. I guess after three months away the body will take awhile to adjust, weird because it didn’t effect me over there at all.
    Not fasting today, may try tomorrow, see how I feel. Not over indulging either so in control.

Hi JoJo, From my experience Jet lag is less severe if you travel WITH the earths rotation then if you fly against it. Flying from UK to OZ would be easier then Flying back. I used to travel 150k-200k global air miles per year and I learned this information early in my business. I would go out of my way to purchase ’round-the-world’ tickets just so I could keep flying forward. Lots n lots of water and force yourself to stay awake when it’s daylight. OR if you have one nearby FLOAT in a ‘floatation tank’…jetlag gone instantly!! and its SOOOO lovely on the body and mind.

On another subject, I only today realized my scales are kaput and when I step on them 2x-3x in a row they produce a different weight each time by as much as nearly two pounds. I was so shocked that I quickly went to town and I weighed myself on my Veterinarians digital animal scales today and to my total unhappiness I weigh exactly 1-kg more than I thought I weighed when I started this program. I’m shattered and deeply disappointed. Shoot, shoot, shoot!

So I guess I just start again as if today is the first day and consider the last 3-weeks as just a practice run, perhaps bit of pre-training if you will? …. I guess. It’s a better train of thought then thinking I’m a stupid goose!… I’ll keep the same target date just work harder achieving my goal! Maybe do 4:3 for a while….?
    I shop at the fish and farmers market every Saturday morning so I’ll continue to use their scales as they ARE (gulp) accurate. Well that’s life from the Algarve today, they sun is shining and warm and I didn’t wake up as a bride of ISIS so this is a good day.

Thank you Penti, I thought there had to be a logical explanation for my lack of adjustment. I changed time zones several times on my last trip, no problem. I didn’t sleep on the journey back so it’s not daytime sleeping that has effected me. Researching floatations tanks forthwith but I live on the coast, so I might need to travel to the big smoke. What about a hot bath in the dark?
    I had scales problems at one point, it really is frustrating, need to spend a bit for good ones. I would hate those ones that speak to you, a friend had them, she can even change the voices like on a Sat Nav. Would it encourage you being told by Brad Pitt exactly what you weigh!
    I have just been walking the dogs along the coast, very high waves. Of course both chose to do their business where I was in severe risk of getting a soaking. But I managed to do it between waves thank goodness. Last thing I need is a cold soaking in sub zero temperatures. Just had a hot salmon sandwich, no butter and one piece of wholemeal bread, yummy. I had homemade veggie soup for lunch but missed the spices I usually add. I am going to try a Thai soup tomorrow, I think ginger should be ok?
    My friend has just booked a trip to Melbourne for one week, she is crazy, all that expense and travel time. But she misses her daughter and can’t wait until her wedding in October.

Hi everyone,

I’ve spent the afternoon and evening reading a fascinating book.

It is by Prof Tim Spector and is titled The Diet Myth.

It is about “the real science behind what we eat” absolutely fascinating, and very informative.

http://tim-spector.co.uk/

Thanks for that, Amazon, looks like a fascinating read, from the material on the website. It confirms what we are all learning, about gut microbiomes and processed food. Now, if I could just convince myself that icecream is a processed food…

Brilliant day, getting up to 27 degrees here in Wellington, no wind, almost a shame to leave it for Sydney. I love the time when all the to-do list is ticked off, and we can relax before travel. Cat in cattery, swimming gear packed, sunscreen ditto, can’t wait. πŸ™‚

See you on the other side of the ditch/”dutch” Barata! Have a good flight. P πŸ˜†

Good to be here and reading all the wonderful posts. I too have not had a cold since I started 5:2 last March. I usually have one in October and January. So far so good, everyone else has in house had at least 1.
    I am starting another 6 weeks of no sugar starting tomorrow, taking measurements on Tuesday at the gym.
    Take care everyone

Amazon i too really enjoyed the trailer or appetizer
    I am keen to read / see more
    RT

Morning/evening all,

I was reading the weekend newspaper supplement yesterday and there was an article about the increasing number of the population suffering from intestinal problems and it included a couple of quotes from Prof Spector which got me thinking and it mentioned his latest book, so I bought the Kindle version and started reading. I couldn’t put it down, but I intend to read it again as there was so much information that I couldn’t possibly take it all in, It included a chapter that will put most people off diet drinks!
    Prof Spector has spent most of his career researching the differences between us by long term studies of twins, and has written several books.

It is a cold morning and everywhere has a light dusting of snow which is melting as I type.

The countdown to Cambodia begins and I need to make final decisions about what I’m taking and what stays in the wardrobe.
    It’s a tough life……. πŸ˜‰

Thanks for the link Amazon, looks like an interesting read. Here is an article my husband spotted, much more simplistic in style, but some interesting points: http://www.vox.com/2016/1/14/10760622/nutrition-science-complicated

Spent a good fast day in the garden today, mostly deadheading about a zillion agapanthus! Also got some sugar cane mulch around some trees and shrubs – a bit late but still plenty more hot weather to come. Fasting is so easy for me when I am gardening, maybe I should stay out there every day!

I hope your jetlag settles soon Jojo, very unpleasant! Our bodies are creatures of habit! But I do agree re the flying ‘with’ the earth’s rotation – every time I have experienced a long flight, that rule has applied. I can never sleep on a plane either (legs wont fit!), so always end up overtired as well. Ah, the price of holidays!

Hey All,
    Feeling much better today after another early night and forced myself to have a lay in today. Watched ‘Lincoln’ with Daniel Day Lewis last night. That drove me to my bed early, dull, dull, great acting but dull.
    Not so cold on the coast this morning but very grey day. No more summer for me worst luck. At least three months misery is in store, well weather wise anyway. I don’t think I would last long further north no matter how beautiful it is. I definitely suffer SAD.
    Hopefully I will be fasting tomorrow as I think I can cope now, I am down to one blanket and one hot water bottle. Ha ha!
    Still no news on blood test results or planned date for ultrasound so I will chase it up this week. Still abstaining from fat and sugar, alcohol, onions, beans, milk, tea and coffee, it’s not much fun here. At least I can eat some carbs, fish and veg so it’s not all bad.
    Getting plenty of exercise which is always good and I am bowling tomorrow if I can remember how!
    Hope you all had a great weekend?

Hi Jojo,

I saw Lincoln when it first came out and thought it an excellent film. It is a dramatisation of a piece of history and IMHO very well executed.

I think it is more your illness than change of climate that is causing you problems as I adapted to winter very quickly after two months in Australia at the hottest time of their year.

Have you looked at the NHS website regarding diet as I don’t remember seeing any contra-indications for tea or coffee, and surely skimmed milk would be OK in small amounts. What you need to avoid is a large amount of fat in one sitting which would cause a major contraction of the gall bladder. Small amounts of fat should be fine but you’ll need to try it and see if it affects you or not but I really can’t imagine that a dash of semi skimmed in tea or coffee would cause a problem. I would think the same goes for spices, try a little bit and see if it causes problems.

Take a look at this http://www.lnds.nhs.uk/library/dietarymanagementofgallstonesa4.pdf

Hello everyone, I am Pranayama. My name is composed of two Sanskrit words, prāṇa, meaning life force or breath, and ayāma, to extend or draw out.

I have been following you on this forum for a couple of months. You have all been incredibly inspirational and encouraging. The information you so generously share has been so helpful. You helped me to avoid gaining weight since I began reading and learning more about this wol, even over the difficult (for me) holiday season.

This seemed like a good time to check in and participate as I begin fasting in earnest so that I can lose about a stone and a half.

I am from the USA (midwest), and a wife, mother and grandmother. I retired from my job almost two years ago. After retirement, I started taking yoga after many years away from the practice, became certified as a yoga instructor, and now teach yoga to active older adults. I can’t even describe how happy I am with my yoga practice and classes.

Ironically, even with the activity I have embraced (I also teach a weekly water aerobics class for active older adults, and I work out regularly at my gym) I have slowly gained about 20 pounds and find that I currently am at the highest weight of my life.

I know my body will thank me for giving my knees and ankles less weight to carry. I know I will be more flexible in my yoga practice if I carry less weight. I know I will feel great in a few months when I can once again wear some of my favorite summer clothes.

My plan is to fast on Mondays and Thursdays, eat sensibly on the other days, post my progress, and perhaps someday help someone else the way you have helped me. Thanks for reading this intro. Hope everyone is enjoying/has enjoyed a beautiful Sunday.

Oh, and Pranayama is kind of long. If you refer to me, feel free to shorten my name to Prana. Namaste.

Namaste and welcome Prana,
    I am guessing from your name and greeting your family are originally from India.

You’ve come to a great place for support, encouragement, tips, friendship and many other things too. My knees are certainly thanking me for losing weight and I’m not the only one.

I hope that now you’ve introduce yourself you’ll let us know how you are getting on.
    Good luck!

Welcome Pranayama,
    I have participated in Yoga for 30 year, love it. Must be great teaching it. Good luck on your weightloss journey. I am glad this thread has helped you. We all find that participation helps us keep on track( not all the time) but most of it.

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB Tessy pen nib Iona72 Pentimento and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰

Happy Monday fast day fast trackers next 2 days 39 and 39 got my walk on early at the beach this morning something completely different and fair to say such a different experience and mind set tranquil peaceful full on zen really just needed the sandman panel van complete with surf racks and surf board to seal the deal πŸ˜‰ ok lets get our fast on πŸ˜†
    β€œRemember that reserve of fat you have on your body already and realise you actually don’t need food, you just want it.”

β€œIt is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    Peace RT

Hello to Prana, look forward to hearing about your progress, this forum has helped me enormously, the regular posters are amazing people!
    Amazon ~ I have been interested to read about the research of Prof Spector, I will order the book at the library. In the meantime I am following him on Twitter!
    I must confess to a very lazy weekend, however eating has been kept in check and I’m still persevering with dry January, it was hard just to have soda water in the pub with a few friends last night!
    I will do some light exercise tonight before bed. I am back to work tomorrow and a fast day is planned, salad ready prepared to have late afternoon as I will go from work straight to my book club meeting. Always good to keep busy on FD!

Hi everyone, just hopping in for a minute while at work. Not such a successful weekend, but today has started well … so far 100 calories and just a couple of hours until evening meal of no more than 300 cals. Drinking lots of green tea, only one coffee today (all no milk or sugar), also drinking lots of plain water.

Have to run, chat later πŸ™‚ cheers, AO πŸ˜€

Amazon you can probably help, I’m confused, is the Australian Open usually in March? How come it’s January this year?

Just ignore me, after a bit of a Google I see its been in January for a good few years, don’t know what I’m thinking!!πŸ€”

Thanks so much for the welcome.
    Amazon, I am very interested in the culture of India and in mind body exercise and meditation. I chose my screen name based on those interests, but, alas, am not from India. Jojo, how wonderful that you have such a great background in yoga. I only wish I had continued my yoga practice without the years long gap, but glad I have it now. Iona72, you are right – there are so many amazing people on this forum.

Excited to be fasting today. Very busy morning which should help. I teach a water class and two yoga classes. All are for active older adults, so a little less energetic than regular fitness classes. I usually spend 45 minutes on an elliptical at a medium pace after the water class, and that is my plan today.

I’m bringing a small portion of a simple fruit salad (fresh pineapple, orange segments and kiwi) to the gym with me. In mid-afternoon back at home I plan to have some cottage cheese followed by dinner tonight of homemade carrot ginger soup. I will stay well-hydrated with lots of water at the gym. I normally drink a lot of green tea and coffee without milk or sugar throughout the rest of the day, and I will certainly be doing that.

Temperature this early morning in the frozen midwest where I live is currently -6F (I think that’s -21C) going up to a high of 7F, so the more warm drinks the better I think. Good luck to everyone today, fasters and non-fasters alike!

Morning/Evening all,

Home from the gym. Mondays are a bit of a bunfight in the pool so I didn’t bother attempting to swim as it was so crowded. I did my usual hour of cardio and followed it up with some work on the resistance machines and I am tired!

FD today and only a few hours until dinner. I’ve a lot to do at home which should take my mind off food until dinner time.

I am in full pre holiday mode and very excited 😀

Morning all from Melbourne!
    Its going to be relatively cool here today – 32 forecast.. slightly more bearable than yesterdays 36! Its hard to imagine you in the Northern Hemisphere being so cold. Amazon when do you leave? You will be having some warmer weather for sure!
    Good luck with your fast today Pranayama, sounds like you are well prepared. If you feel a bit lightheaded, drink a big glass of water immediately, it usually helps me if I am busy and forget to drink enough!

I am off for a swim this morning, then food shopping. Fasting today so keeping busy! Maybe some tennis watching later today! Iona I can only remember the Aus Open being in January? I used to go every year, for many years. But it is too hard to get good seats now (unless you know someone!) I would rather watch it on tv than from the back rows. Since the money got more important than the tennis, not only has gambling become an issue, but the real fans have been pushed out by the ‘once a year’ ones with corporate boxes etc. Its a shame because a live game is so much better! And of course it helps to have an Aussie to support – ever since Pat Rafter retired there haven’t been many to be proud of!

RT forgot to comment – the vision of you at the beach with your ‘sinbin’ was better than any of your jokes!

Hi All,
    My god I have been active today, 5 hours straight playing bowls then a one hour dog walk, then 5 hours wallpapering and painting. Cream crackered does not describe it! Oh and it was a fast day, only 320 calories consumed and now I am in bed, peckish but too exhausted to get more food. Let’s hope I get some sleep as I plan to repeat today’s activity list tomorrow too.
    I also had home made carrot and ginger soup, it was just the job on a freezing cold day on the coast.
    Next fast Wednesday and then Friday- determined to get back to lowest as quickly as possible. Good luck to everyone wether they are suffering either excessive heat or excessive cold weather. Oh to live somewhere temperate all year round? 28 degrees sounds about right with low humidity, cool breezes and warm sea water. We can but dream!

Jojo,

You must be feeling better to have been so active all day. Amazing how easy fasting can be when we are busy isn’t it?

I went to bed at 8pm and am now watching Andy Murray πŸ˜ƒ

I am aiming to fast at least three times this week, one done and dusted already.
    I also plan to fast on Saturday when I’m travelling.
    Nama, I’m really looking forward to some heat and sunshine 😎

Back to the tennis.

You are describing Sydney today, Jo! Just had a lovely few hours chatting with Barata. The harbour sparkled and the conversation never stopped! Thanks B. Enjoy the rest of your stay. P 😊

Jo,

‘Oh to live somewhere temperate all year round’. You do! It’s called the UK πŸ™‚

I know a lot of the old hands here already do anyway, but… There was an interesting piece on Trust Me I’m a Doctor about the benefits of restricted feeding windows. Only based on a small study for now, but good to see that there does seem to be a physiological basis for 16:8/ 19:5 etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/zBx3JZJCKfNBrWgT0Qyj93/the-big-experiment-could-i-lose-fat-just-by-changing-my-meal-times

Thanks for the link Happy. All I need to do now is stay under TDEE and the weight will be falling off πŸ˜‰

Looking at it another way…overeating a bit in a restricted feeding window is no worse than eating to TDEE in an unrestricted window!

No chance of overeating in any window this week unless I go out and buy something as the cupboard is bare!

I’m attempting one meal per day this week so that by the time I get on the plane on Saturday my liquid only fast will be easy……..

Amazon, we just saw the final screening of The Dressmaker at our local. I went as I remembered you enjoying it. It WAS excellent. Thanks. P

Morning All,
    Feeling good and my bowls game today was good thanks to the long practise yesterday which really helped.
    I have a cat sitting job lined up in February so my Pet Sitting and dog walking service is off to a good start.
    Happy- winter may be warm enough for you but it certainly is not for me.

Just sat down to see Last of the summer wine while I stop for a cuppa. Most of the characters are different, apart from Howard and his lover, very confused! When did they change everyone? Or is it my shocking memory effecting me?

My oldest dog is having her teeth cleaned today under anaesthetic, I hope she doesn’t have to have any teeth removed.

Rest time over, back to the decorating, no peace for the wicked!
    I live by 19/5 everyday, I find it really suits me to miss a meal. I would like to move it from lunch and dinner to breakfast and lunch in the future because of the evidence from Michael Moseleys programme. I think digestive lay it will be a better option to eat earlier. My only concern is getting enough sleep if the last meal is 2 pm. I will let you know how it goes. Anyone else trying early eating 19/5? RT?

Hi Purple,

I’ve not seen The Dressmaker but it is on my list πŸ˜ƒ I can’t remember who was talking about it.

I’ve been for a long walk in Kew Gardens. Very cold but no breeze and bright sunshine. It was really quiet, not many people about but a lovely day for walking. All the lakes are frozen and the ducks and geese are skating πŸ˜†

We went to our favourite cafΓ© for afternoon tea and to celebrate our birthdays as I’ll be in Cambodia for mine and my friend will be in NZ for hers. We had scones with jam and clotted cream and carrot cake.
    They make everything on the premises, their cakes are delicious and not too sweet and their scones are as light as feathers πŸ˜‹

Good afternoon from the midwest USA. Hope everyone is having a great day. It is cold but very sunny here.

My fast day yesterday went very well. I was not terribly hungry throughout the day, and I think all of the water, green tea and coffee helped with that. Thanks for the advice Nama.

Today I have had surprisingly little hunger. Since learning about 5:2 I have been happy to skip breakfast most days and I find the later I eat the better. Cottage cheese and some tuna with whole wheat crackers made a good lunch. Dinner later is home made beef barley soup and a slice of baguette.

A problem for me is eating after dinner. I will be trying to refrain from doing that. I’m also wearing a pedometer so that I can gauge my activity on days I’m not at the gym. Since I don’t teach a class today, I will be doing my own home yoga practice which will give me some activity as well, although not too many steps.

Amazon, your tea sounded just wonderful. Also, to be able to walk through Kew gardens at will is amazing! My two past trips to London were some of the happiest trips of my life.

Good luck to everyone today, fasters and non-fasters alike! Thanks for being here – I feel supported as I lose these extra pounds.

Hi Purple

I liked the Dressmaker and think that Kate Winslett was very good. However, I know people who can’t stand the caricatures of Australiana. The clothes were wonderful and the storyline was deliberately OTT in the style of Priscilla.

Another FD attempt today. I was going strong yesterday until I made pizza for OH. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ·πŸ·. Became a single meal day instead. Love your jokes RT.

Cheers, Bay 🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

Hi everyone ….I read each and every post like you’re long lost friends but so close and familiar that I can just read and not ‘have’ to write an opinion if I’m not so inclined….but such inspiring reading, VERY inspiring…

My FD went to the birds yesterday! Ended up (again) enjoying a wonderful evening of spirited conversation with my sweet-heart over a couple of glasses of ‘vino tinto’ then got up and made us some midnight snacks. The whole day of 405 calories and a brisk 45 minute walk and gardening for a few hours, completely dashed! Shoot!

The last 2-weeks a part of me stepped outside of my regular ‘real life’ self and watched what instigated or motivated me to EAT incorrectly or not eat within my happy-health ‘plan’! One thing saw was sleezy, lazy, bad habits, like me thinking if I WANT to eat whatever it is I’m coveting I just do it because it feels good, or when I get (extremely) stressed in my life like the sudden a fierce fight with my husband/children or a huge problem with business I instantly walk straight to the fridge even still with the phone in one ear and stuff my mouth! WOW, not very interesting. So, I believe that I have some hard self-talking to do and changes to make. I never realized how unconscious and subliminally emotion-based my poor eating habits were. Well now, I didn’t become 13.28 Stone/84.3kg/185lb on a 5’6″(167.5cm) frame by living healthy now did I?

Then I met friends I hadn’t seen in 3-weeks and they exclaimed that I looked smaller and asked if I was on a health program … I was SO pleased and inspired to get back on track. Maybe I need to embrace a bit of mindfulness around food and remember Richards Simmons little motivational statement from about 25 years ago. “What REALLY feels better, finishing that delicious slice of Bavarian Chocolate Cream Cake OR someone coming up to you and saying; “Wow you look SO stunning what’s changed, OMG did you lose weight or something?” I know what would feel better for me….exactly what I heard today…. so I just finished another FD today closer to 560 calories, but today pots of yummy new loose leaf teas I bought in farmers market and green vegetable soup that I enjoy very much….
    SO the challenge comes now, as my sweetheart pours himself a glass by the fire,
    a fast squall has come up, the wind ‘n rain are blasting the cottage, all is cozy and warm ‘n comfy inside. I have my favourite tea in my favourite mug…the night is young, But I feel strong and even a bit excited about staying disciplined. Adius for a while stay strong, committed and proud of yourself…”May The Force Be With You”
    Going to watch Isak Dinesen’s Danish film version of her book ‘Babbetts Feast’ (again) tonight, with my tea….Love that movie!

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB Tessy pen nib Iona72 Pentimento and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    Happy hump day fast day well 40 yesterday again and 35 today I watched Lleyton Hewitts match last night powerful and impressive the gladiators style
    Blow for blow and the crowd and his family all totally mesmerised and hanging on every shot every line call every eagle eye great stuff.
    Ok On a fast day refrain restrain divert and distract. Before you know it, you’ve retrained your brain and hunger’s off the menu.
    Peace RT

Pentimemto,

I’ve had to work hard on NOT joining OH in a glass of red wine. Luckily (there is a benefit!) I still work and have been able to get into the habit of no wine on a work night. But it’s really hard to maintain while on holiday!

OH weighs 13st, I’m nearer 9 now, and I’ve come to terms with the fact that my fair share of everything is roughly 2/5 to his 3/5…

And not drinking in the week saves empty calories…and money…and my liver…

Good luck finding reasons to resist the temptation!

PS. My one meal day resulted in a small weight loss. Hooray! So all is not lost. Cheers, Wee β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈ

Evening All,
    Well if hard work was the source of weightloss it should be falling off me. I got up at 7 am and didn’t sit down for more than 30 minutes all day. Bowling then decorating with a short lunch break followed by a long dog walk with Charlie while Tilly at the vets. Poor thing had 9 teeth removed, assorted sizes. She is now on gruel until further notice. I managed to give her both medicines so she should get a good night sleep. I have lost quite a few pounds, sadly monetary Β£310 vet Bill. Hopefully the shock will cause me to drop a pound in weight.
    Fasting again tomorrow but I think I will have a rest day. Everything hurts, back, neck, hip, knee, I am falling apart. But I am not falling off the plan so all is good with the world.
    Penti- I did an alcohol free year 2014 as a New Year Resolution- I can now control my alcohol intake with ease. I have the occasional glass of red, usually one per month and occasional gin and tonic, also one per month, even restrict alcohol on holiday. Just a thought for you!
    Off to bed now, my hot water bottle awaits, no alarm set, heaven!
    Happy bump day Fasters.
    PS- I saw Dressmaker when in Australia, great film. Planning to see Danish a Girl this week.

Viewing 50 posts - 12,751 through 12,800 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.