Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 9,101 through 9,150 (of 16,657 total)

• Hi Jojo
    Don’t overthink it all. Fast 2 days a week. Eat less than you used to (whatever you choose) on non fast days. Do the amount of exercise you feel like. It isn’t necessary for weightloss, but makes you feel good. Enjoy life…after all, that is THE goal.
    Have a happy day. Your mate from soggy Sydney (330mm rain in 3 days) 🙂 Purple

Morning/evening all

Another beautiful sunny morning. No gym today as I’m meeting a friend later for a walk and don’t have enough time this morning so will go tomorrow.

Fast went OK yesterday.

Have a good one everybody 🙂

JoJo, you are positive even when sad. Good fighting and energizing words.
    Hope you are back on track, Aussie Oma, sounds like it was a slight hiccup, but all will iron out.
    I am preparing my vege patch too (60 sq metres). My shoulder is sore from hoeing but at least my new flower bed is ready for dahlias and gladioli.
    My 4:3 and 19:5 is going well. I am disappearing. The fitbit Aria scales which transmit to my fitbit account are great.
    I heard about your storms on the BBC world service, Purple. Yes it’s wet even on a NZ rain scale.
    Does anyone have a fitbit and want to set up a fitbit group? I do this with some of my family and it’s motivating. I could set a fast-trackers fitbit group if anyone is interested.

Happy day/night
    Wiwi

Hi wiwi,

I dug and raked my veg patches over recently. I had seriously weak arms after that! I definitely need to do more upper body work over winter.

The polytunnel is much easier as it’s all raised beds. Oh, and warm 🙂

I’ve just bought some dahlias, Bishop of Llandaff, dramatic red flowers on dark purple/ red foliage. I love them. Unfortunately so do the slugs and snails! I’m determined to get them to flowering this year…even if it means sleeping outside to protect them! Not that I’m obsessed or anything 🙂

Oh, and sorry! Congrats on disappearing!

Wiwi, don’t disappear altogther!
    It is great to be in your situation, all the hard work is paying off, you can see and feel the difference, and it motivates you to continue. I’m striving to get back to that place at the moment.

When I had an allotment, slugs and snails were the bane of my life, but I persevered and although they won a few battles, I won the war 🙂

Purple, I’ve been reading about the dreadful weather in NSW. Keep safe 🙂

Good morning, all! Another fast day in the books, looking forward to a healthy lunch out with my mom and aunt today. I have actually eaten out more than usual lately, but there is always an interesting salad on the menu. Grilled chicken or shrimp on top, skip the nuts and cheese, dressing on the side, and even a fast day is accommodated. This is school vacation week, so I have a couple more lunches coming up as well. I am in a fasting-feels-easy mode, and plan to milk it for all its worth!
    Hope today is a good physical and mental health day for all! Stay warm and dry.

Thanks Happy and Amazon
    I won’t disappear altogether, but it’s true that 22kg less makes gardening easier.
    What I love about living in Europe is the sense of seasons and that need to “plough the hills and scatter the good seeds…….” at this season. I lived in the tropics for a few years and all year growth is not so satisfying. Even NZ with its more temperate climate has seasons which are not so marked.

Well as Grumpy and the other six said Hi Hoe Hi Hoe, it’s off to work I go…….
    XX

Wiwiw (and anyone else) I would love to connect on Fitnit and MFP

Hello all,

All this talk of gardening is making me jealous! Melbourne is freezing at the moment and I am finally understanding how hard fasting has been for all of you up North during your winter! I much prefer cool weather to hot, but I think I am missing the extra layer of insulation I had last year.

I splashed out on a new pure merino wool jumper today, all of my other jumpers are looking a tad baggy! Easy to fast when looking at new clothes, just hard coming home cold and hungry! I even scrubbed a shower this afternoon to keep busy and get warm – talk about desperate measures. Fortunately it worked and I think the FD has been successful (8.30pm so a few tricky hours still)!

SAMM thanks for the link on antacid medication. I used to suffer from reflux but since losing weight it has settled completely. Some of it was due to excess weight and some to the anti inflammatory meds for knees, luckily both issues seem to be resolved, so no need for that stuff. 5:2 seems to fix everything!

I will be thinking of you at your aunt’s funeral tomorrow Jojo, hopefully its a joyful celebration of a life well lived.

Cheers all x

Hi Nama,
    Yes we are planning to make the funeral a celebration of my Aunt’s life. Sadly we have some family issues so It may spoil things a bit. Weddings and funerals seem to bring out the worst in some people. I plan on keeping my head down and making contact with unknown relatives to work on my family tree.

I am not feeling very upbeat at the moment, truth be told. I am trying to motivate myself as I don’t really have much to moan about. I think it’s because my pain is restricting me from doing what I would like. No dance class, no badminton, no circuit training, no running, it’s frustrating. I wouldn’t mind if it was helping but it doesn’t seem to be doing any good at all.

I will be off to Turkey soon, sun and sea should sort me out. Determined that I won’t gain weight this trip. Water and salad will be my main stay foods plus lots of swimming.

Won’t be around tomorrow, chat Friday.

Have a good Thursday friends.
    P.s. Wiwi – I have a Fitbit, not sure how it works though. If you can advise me I am happy to link.

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey and Hello World (You know Who You) 😉 Happy fast day well done to all who are in the 19/5 or 18/6 window it really is a get out of jail free card if all other things are going a tad pear shape I have had to put on some katmando long johns the past few mornings not a good look 😆 however everything nice and warm under neath 😉 good work on your 4-3 Nama I realise it’s not a favourite option but you have done before and I have no doubt you will do it again great stuff.
    Coincidence?

A farmer went to a local bar and ordered a glass of champagne.

The woman sitting next to him said, ‘How about that? I just ordered champagne, too!’

‘What a coincidence’ the farmer said. ‘This is a special day for me. I am celebrating.’

This is a special day for me too, I am also celebrating,’ said the woman.’

‘What a coincidence!’ said the farmer? As they clinked glasses he added: ‘What are you celebrating?’

‘My husband and I have been trying to have a child and today my gynaecologist told me that I am pregnant!’

‘What a coincidence!’ said the man. ‘I’m a chicken farmer and all last year my hens were infertile, but today they are all

laying eggs again.’

‘That’s great!’ said the woman, ‘How did your chickens become fertile?’

‘I used a different cock,’ the farmer replied.

The woman smiled, clinked his glass and said ‘well, what a coincidence!’
    Have A Great Day All You Beautiful Loser’s
    Peace RT

At least you know where the rocks you may stubble upon are JoJo.

I agree very much with PVE post at the top of this page . That was my view in the beginning of last year.
    To have a simple minimum plan, but I added the much stricter plan on weeks that I could manage it.
    That way I didn’t have “feel” like doing it. I just stuck to either plan, and called the stricter plan my fat attack week, And did my level best to lose 2lbs in the fat attack once a month. Kept good notes to help with future 2lb weeks, but to keep on keepin on with 5:2 as the minimum.

Ate very well today as I’m on a two week healing break. My numbers have slipped , but I’m confident about knowing what is working and working well when I feel healthy enough to fast again. Starting this Friday and sunday, fasting and sleeping. Will only do jumping jacks , at a slow and easy pace.

Howdy you all..
    Tanga- would love to be part of a fit bit group, what is the best way to go about it?

SAMM- Do you think you should be doing jumping jacks .. won’t that hurt your knee? Hula hooping might be better:)

Congratulations to all who completed their fast days. I have not made it to 18:6 yet, only on the 13 day ever and I made it to 17:7. I have always been an eat every two hours person.

glad you are keeping warm, RT! Jojo, I hope the family rallies their maturity for your aunt’s celebration, and it is a fitting tribute to her. Warm thoughts coming your way.
    I had lunch today with my aunt and my mom. They have very different recollections of their growing up, with my aunt remembering much trouble and depression with my grandmother, and my mom thinking things were generally rosy. My mom said on the way home that the truth was probably about halfway between them, but I think it was probably closer to my aunt’s. My grandmother was my favorite person in the world. Whatever issues she had, she recovered and was a wonderful grandmother to me and my brothers.
    It was not a fast day, but I wanted to be careful at lunch. I looked online, and the restaurant had all their nutrition information posted! (Why don’t they all do that??) I decided on grilled salmon (the balsamic glaze came in a little cup on the side, so no added calories there). It came with grilled asparagus, shaved fennel and radish slaw, and a choice of rice or mashed cauliflower. I nixed the rice, thinking I would go for the cauliflower. I was shocked when I checked the nutrition info and it had 250 calories, with 200 from fat! Apparently it is mashed with nothing but butter and parmesan cheese. I opted for double asparagus!! Had the info not been online, I probably would have gone for the cauliflower, thinking it innocent!
    Just finished a big salad for dinner, yum! Managed about 850 calories today, looking forward to a fast day tomorrow!

Mmmm…sounds a yum dinner, Ply! I’m fasting until son’s birthday dinner tonight at a vegetarian restaurant. They also have full details online. It makes it easy to plan, doesn’t it! 🙂 P

Enjoy, PVE! Such a joy to be able to celebrate with them!

Good morning all. Just a quick check in to let you know I’m still alive and keeping an eye on you all 😉

Haven’t fasted this week due to dreadful cold – gradually getting better. Debated about going to weight training yesterday but really enjoyed it. My PT let me decide how much to lift, given my debilitated state, but I ended up at near PBs for most exercises in the last circuit.

Sadly this week’s ‘no fasting’ mentality has led to some uncontrolled eating – not unhealthy things by any standard but too much of stuff like my usual roasted cashews weakness. Don’t know if it was just my mouth wanting to do something or if it was the salt – either way BAD!!!!

Health gradually improving and planning to resume fasting on Monday. It’s my birthday on Saturday and that’s the last excuse for celebratory eating until OH’s birthday in September so no more faffing around.

AO I know exactly how you feel – illness and bad weather are not a good combination. The last few days have been gloriously sunny, if very cold in the morning. Today cold and dull, and wet the next few days. 🙁 Only consolation is that the grain farmers are happy and already sowing. ANZAC Day is usually viewed as the ‘break in the season’ and it has come a bit early this year.

Purple, thanks for reminder of the basics. We can get a bit carried away with all the possible tweaks and variations but the fundamentals are simple AND WORK! Glad to hear your dreadful weather seems to be settling down. Very sad about lives lost and all the damage.

RT my thermal longs also now in service. I wear them under my work trousers and then take them off mid-morning when I and the weather have warmed up. Last year I struggled to fit them under trousers 2 sizes larger so things have definitely improved. Thanks for the joke – aren’t coincidences wonderful? 😉

Time to go and write a shopping list.

Take care all and keep up the good work. Thanks for starting this thread Jojo which has attracted this wonderful supportive group. n xxx

Hi all,

Nicky so sorry to hear you too have been struck down! People say; “its just a cold”but a cold can make you feel really lousy. I think your biggest challenge now is to be patient with yourself! Its hard to manage feed days isnt it? Fast Days comparatively easy as its very black and white, but I think eating days require even more discipline. I treated myself to a healthy breakfast today (non FD) BUT have been wanting more ever since. So off for a swim to reset!

Purple I just watched some live footage of the flooded Maitland River, scary stuff. Glad it has settled down. Enjoy the birthday dinner tonight.

Have a lovely day/evening all, keep warm Nicky x

Ply
    I love the asparagus when eating out, I always ask for the sweet butter to dunk it in , or lobster butter.

Nama
    I was watching a farming show about urban yards. For slugs , a woman bought one of those baby pools, the plastic kind that’s small enough to tip over easily and refil cheaply. She then made the surrounding area pleasen for ducks, bought some ducks. The just love to eat slugs. So do chicken, but chickens scratch the dirt around the plants so stimed doing more harm to a small garden, but ducks don’t do it. The pool acts as place for them deficate in just one place. They can be herded unlike chicks and their eggs are edible too.
    http://www.permies.com/t/9990/ducks/sorts-ducks-slug-control

Feeling very good today, looking forward to getting back into the fast track !

I dont normally post things like this.
    However for those Into learning about ketones seems like a good selection of recommended reads to choose from . All 2.99 for kindle.
    I don’t feel like I need to take part in the ketone frenzy, due to the intermittent fasting getting into fat loss so easilyAnd regularly with my weight so high.. Though it’s a good subject to understand if trying to reach a at loss goal, especially if you want to learn more about it all work.

This was in my email box
    Just sharing.

———————–
    Hi friend,

I combined forces with 6 authors of low-carb/keto books and we’re offering the kindle version of our titles for $2.99 today. If this goes well, I’ll try to include other authors in the future :). Here are the titles:

1. Richard David Feinman – The World Turned Upside Down – The Second Low-Carbohydrate Revolution
    2. Colin Champ – Misguided Medicine
    3. Judy Baker – Nourished
    4. Patricia Daly – Practical Keto Meal Plans for Endurance Athletes
    5. Ben Greenfield – The Low-Carbohydrate Diet for Endurance Athletes
    6. Cristi Vlad – Ketone Power
    7. Cristi Vlad – T-(Rx) – The Testosterone Protocol
    8. Cristi Vlad – Periodic Fasting – Repair your DNA, Grow Younger, and Learn to Appreciate your Food
    9. Jennifer Matthews – Keto Blocks
    10. Jennifer Matthews – Understanding Keto

You can benefit from this promotion here:

Low-Carb/Keto Books

Enjoy!
    Yours truly,
    Cristi Vlad
     ———————-

While I’m still many many stone from being 1lb under weight at the end of my 2 fat loss phases.
    I believe how I approach calorie intake near the end may become more scientific. And I might require more tools to get to last 20lbs.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketogenic_diet

SAMM and Nama, re ducks and slugs: the late great Bill Mollison, co-inventor of Permaculture, once told a client that she didn’t have a slug problem, she had a duck deficiency.

SAMM absolutely right about chooks and gardens. Ducks are much gentler because they don’t scratch around looking for soil creatures to eat. However, baby plants still need guarding as some ducks LOVE delicate young leaves.

Shopping done, feeling much more positive. Daughter and grandies coming over later. Life’s pretty good overall.

Look after yourselves everyone and thanks for kind thoughts. n xxx

And the spare ducks taste SO much better 😉

Hello fast-trackers, it’s good to see you’re all still here and I hope the pain settles soon jojo. I’m sending health-vibes to others battling assorted lurgies. Loved the joke RT 🙂

For various reasons I’ve been off-line and not fasting for a couple of weeks now. I’m about to get back into it again come Monday and I still have plans to be at goal in the spring – lucky for me spring starts on September 1st but it doesn’t end until Nov 30th 😉

Good luck to all of you in your FD efforts and I’ll now spend some time reading up on all the posts and getting up to date with the goings-on.

Thanks SAMM. I LOVE gardening but it wasn’t me complaining about slugs – I think it was HappyNow? I have a good friend who gardens a lot and is into permaculture, she has ducks and chooks in a suburban yard and loves her ducks for their slug vaccuuming. I don’t grow enough veggies to have a problem with slugs. Living between two houses limits my veggie growing, I love to grow a few, but prefer to concentrate on flowers. Daily watering of veg in Summer is a problem if no children around to step up.

Just back from a lovely swim then detour to market for lots of veggies to make a batch of soup tomorrow, definitely soup weather now! It will be so nice to have a day at home!

Oh the joys of country living! We forgot to close the blinds in our dining room where the dogs sleep and they were awake at dawn shouting good morning to our four legged neighbours. So It has been an early breakfast for them and back to bed in a darkened room while we have a cup of tea in bed and hopefully another hour’s sleep, as I’ve got a busy day cooking for friends this evening.

What an industrious lot we are – and gardening must be so good for us from a toning up point of view. A year ago I could hardly bend over to sow the seeds for the great stomach that got in the way, but now it’s a breeze. Likewise my knee joints, but as most others have found, losing the weight has also given me two rejuvenated legs! I love growing our own veg.

Luckily we don’t have too much of a slug problem as the veg beds are raised due to them being constructed on what was part of a paddock, but we do have a problem with the bunnies! We have put a chicken wire fence around two of the three, the which helps a little, but the determined ones still seem to occasionally find a way in, and fencing the third, newer bed, is on OH’s To Do List!

Nicky – hope your cold is better soon. It is doing the rounds at the moment here too, though fortunately we’ve managed to stay clear for the time being.

Samm – I absolutely love asparagus. It is just coming into season here and I’m afraid there is nothing, nothing like British grown! It’s a short season but we make the most of it.

Jojo – thinking of you today.

Smiffy x

Smiffy,
    Guess your dogs woke mine, little sods woke me at 5 am with a desperate need to go out, plus a vile package left on my carpet which I of course stood in before discovering. What a start to the day. My fault for letting them have left over scraps yesterday, will I never learn, I was clearing out the fridge.

But some good news, even though inactive( comparatively) this week I have lost the other 3 lb up from our France trip. Back to square one again, it’s like bloody snakes and ladders. But for once I feel like I am throwing sixes. I am still on painkillers so did not expect to lose this for a while so I am very pleased.

Grey day which seems appropriate, my Aunt was never a sun seeker. I do hope everyone is feeling good and winning their weight loss game of chance.
    Love to you all xxxx

Morning (for me) all!

Yes, they are my slugs. And no, I’m not prepared to let a duck or a hen loose in my polytunnel! I will carry on manually slug hunting.

Smiffy, we have tried bunny-proofing the garden but the flaw in the plan turned out to be our cat, who helpfully carried a bunny in and let it go (I think he was a gundog in a previous life as he has a very soft mouth)! For a while bunny seemed to be living behind the oil tank, no idea where it is now!

Jojo, congratulations on losing your holiday weight. I hope today turns out to be a better day than you are expecting. So true that you can choose your friends and not your family.

Morning/evening all.
    My, what a lot of posts to read 🙂
    Firstly,Jojo, well done on dropping the holiday gain so speedily despite not being fully fit. I hope the day goes well and the relatives behave.
    SAMM, be careful with those jumping jacks. Do you have a knee support for sporting activites? I’ve got one that I wear if my knee is sore and it gives a lot of support but allows a full range of movement.
    Nicky, hope that cold disappears soon. They can be so debilitating. Colds used to come and go in a few days, but the current viruses seem to hang around for weeks making you feel rotten for ages. Well done on going to the gym, once those exercise pheromones kick in, even a cold can’t spoil it!
    I agree with Smiffy, that English asparagus is the best, but maybe it just doesn’t travel well and should be consumed in its country of origin. I put in on a baking tray with 1 tsp of rapeseed oil, s&p and roast it for 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the stalks. It is divine and only 40 calories in a tsp of oil, so not too calorific. Served with a poached egg it is a great light meal.

I find non FDs much more of a challenge. Limiting eating windows makes a huge difference but I do need to keep busy until lunchtime in order to succeed. Three mornings a week the problem is solved as I’m at the gym and don’t get home until after 12, but the weekend is more tricky, as I don’t always want to rush out of the door first thing in the morning.

Time to leave for the gym, have a good one everybody 😛

Evening everyone 🙂

Slowly recuperating … Nicky so sorry to hear it’s got you too!!! Look after yourself and let yourself/body rest, drink lots of nourishing fluids.

Having another long, firm talk with myself tonight … it seems regardless of all intentions my mind keeps taking over so now I get to get my mind into training again. Tomorrow is my regular non-FD so I will let that stand but then a week of max 800 to 1,000 cals with minimum 2 days of 400 or less calories. It’s no use berating myself, I just need to take control of my mind and not let it run riot (even with being ultra busy I was just unable to control my mind away from food so time to STOP the senseless wanting to eat when it’s NOT needed!!!)

Jojo what a horrible way to awaken … you too Smiffy !!

I’ve been a bit hectic with stuff today but hopefully tomorrow I’ll be able to “chat” a bit more 😀

Nicky and AO, hope you are both feeling much better. There have been so many viruses going around this year! You are so right about getting mentally ready, AO, and do be gentle with yourself. You know you are capable, and you will get back on track.
    Amazon, totally agree about keeping busy. This week has been school vacation, and it is much more difficult to get to my eating window when not busy at work. I am just flat out hungry this morning…craving something salty, and I have hours to go before I eat. (Sorry Robert Frost) Planning a shopping trip this afternoon, in search of a “perfect” white shirt (my old fave is too big) and a pair of leopard flats. Have a great day, everyone!

Hi ply,
    I’ve had to stop buying clothes as I have more than enough to last the summer. I bought a pair of pale pink pumps to go with my new jeans and can’t wait to wear them.
    I changed my FDs a few weeks ago as I couldn’t fast after a morning at the gym as I was too hungry, and it has been working well, but I went out with a friend yesterday so went to the gym this morning and it is a FD. I am STARVING!!!!!! I’ve made a huge pot of veg stew; onions, garlic, tomatoes, courgette, peppers and asparagus, with some chilli, paprika and a few olives. The smell is driving me mad. I’m going to have some of it later with a piece of salmon, and I’m hoping I can wait another couple of hours as I hate going to bed hungry.
    Time for more coffee to keep the hunger monster at bay.

I hope you find your shirt and shoes 🙂

Veg stew sounds yum, Amazon! I have stuffed eggplant ready to go, just need to wait. I am afraid if I start eating early, I won’t stop!
    I have more than enough clothes as well, and I plan to stop soon! Always keeping my eye out for pink jeans, as it seems to have become our Fasttrackers uniform!

I’ve just had a couple of spoonfuls of stew, I needed to taste it to check the seasoning 😉 so that will keep me going for a while. I plan on eating the remainder tomorrow with some chicken and a small bread roll as it isn’t a FD.

I used to loathe clothes shopping as I could never find anything that fitted properly, and I am now enjoying it so much as it is so great to get in the changing room and discover something fits or is too big 😛

Amazon you made that sound so goooood!
    I can’t wait to wake up!

Zzzzzzzzz

Made it!! About to dig into eggplant stuffed with onions, garlic, tomatoes, turmeric, cumin, coriander, and cilantro!

It was good SAMM 🙂

The eggplant sounds delicious. My stew was very tasty and went well with grilled salmon.
    I am pleased to have gotten through a FD after expending all that energy this morning, I’ve kept busy this afternoon, all my floors are gleaming!

Hi Fast Trackers and EFB’s (Efficient fat Burners)
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey And Hello World (You know Who You) 😉
    Fast day yesterday was a good one with nothing but black coffee green tea black tea plenty of rain water and a cheeky pepsi max in the arvo after my walking and followed up in the 5 hour eating window of a 400cal can of foodland baked beans very nice too however yes some flatulence was involved 😉 at 5.30pm. comespring nice to see your post again we south aussies must stay strong and stick together AO I do hope you find the mojo to re-set and go again amazon always reminds us that we all fall off the wagon for what ever reason but the WOL is flexible and forgiving enough to quietly go on so long as we get back on the fast bus quicky. Doing some re-reading of the EODD and found some more standout or great take away messages again.ADF is powerful stuff when you re-read and not skim over I really enjoyed it again.
    Ok
    Happy Friday POETS Day or TGIF 😆

Why do men find it difficult to make eye contact? Breasts don’t have eyes.
    o O o

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
    o O o

How do you get a sweet 80-year-old lady to say the F word?
    Get another sweet little 80-year-old lady to yell *BINGO*!
    o O o

As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in schools.
    o O o

What did one ocean say to the other ocean? Nothing, they just waved.
    o O o

A day without sunshine is like, night.
    o O o

Born free, taxed to death.
    o O o

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened.
    o O o

A bank is a place that will lend you money, if you can prove that you don’t need it.
    o O o

What is faster Hot or cold? Hot, because you can catch a cold.
    o O o

What’s the difference between a new husband and a new dog? After a year, the dog is still excited to see you.
    o O o

Why is it so hard for women to find men that are sensitive, caring, and good-looking?
    Because those men already have boyfriends.
    o O o

What’s the difference between a paycheck and a pen*s? You don’t have to beg your wife to blow your paycheck.
    o O o

Love may be blind, but marriage is a real eye-opener.
    o O o

Why did the scientist install a knocker on his door? He wanted to win the No-bell prize!
    o O o

Having sex is like playing bridge. If you don’t have a good partner, you’d better have a good hand.
    o O o

When everything’s coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane.
    o O o

I say no to alcohol, it just doesn’t listen.
    o O o

If you can’t convince them, confuse them.
    o O o

Whenever I find the key to success, someone changes the lock.
    o O o

Why did the bee get married? Because he found his honey.
    o O o

What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back? A stick.
    o O o

Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?
    o O o

My birth certificate was a letter of apology that my dad got from the condom company…
    o O o

Time is what keeps things from happening all at once.
    o O o

Lottery: a tax on people who are bad at math.
    o O o

If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
    o O o

Eat right. Stay fit. Die anyway.
    o O o

I just let my mind wander, and it didn’t come back.
    o O o

IRS: We’ve got what it takes to take what you have got.
    o O o

I can handle pain until it hurts.
    o O o

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
    o O o

A bargain is something you don’t need at a price you can’t resist.
    o O o

You cannot taste me, until you undress me. -Banana
    o O o

You cannot eat me unless you lick me. -Ice-cream
    o O o

You cannot play with me unless you blow me. -Balloon
    o O o

You cannot eat me unless you spread me. -Butter
    o O o

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    o O o

A day without smiling is a day wasted.
    o O o

Sometimes we expect more from others because we would be willing to do that much more for them.
    o O o

When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.
    Have a great Weekend everyone
    Lest We Forget – three words renown across most countries to show our remembrance of those who have fought, and those who have died fighting for freedom. It means that we will never forget.
    Peace RT

Good morning/evening FTs

Today is 2 years since Mr P and I started on our 5:2 journey. We have come a long way, learnt a lot about ourselves and others; how, when and what to eat, and the joys of taking control of our own health again.

We went from obese to middle of healthy weights in exactly a year. We have maintained, and dropped a little more, for another full year.

At our present weights, he has lost 34kg from a top of 100kg and totally reversed his insulin dependent diabetes. I have lost 29kg from my top weight of 85 and have reduced my blood pressure medication by 75%.

He has gone from XXL to S sized men’s clothes. I have shifted from 16+ or XL to 8 and S. We can fit comfortably in economy seats in planes, run whenever we want without puffing, buy mail order clothes and know they’ll fit, get approving comments from everyone. He doesn’t snore or fall asleep driving any more. Our feet don’t hurt. We can wear shoes we had given up on. Ironing his shirts is much quicker as they are smaller!

We thoroughly enjoy food still and love planning new menus. We live a full life with plenty of socialising, travelling and eating out, but we now eat tiny amounts compared to 2 years ago.

We have learnt that we were radically overeating. We have learnt that we can go long periods without food and that meals don’t have to be at “mealtime”. We have learnt to say no, to stop as soon as we are satiated, to choose wisely when eating and that socialising doesn’t have to mean eating. Conversing with people instead of eating is a very satisfying pastime.
    We have developed the habit of weighing ourselves morning and night. It guides our consumption. Without this practice, we could easily slip off the rails. We have learnt to skip breakfast if we have ‘overdone it’. We have learnt that white carbs are hugely problematic and have reduced them significantly in our diets. We have minimised our reliance on processed foods, making our own bread, yoghurt, kefir and growing veg and herbs. We have learnt to have a standby of basic “thin people” foods available…salad makings, lemons, limes, chillies, garlic, ginger, onions, fennel, leeks, carrots, beans, sauerkraut, fish, nuts, berries etc. Salads and berries are the skinny person’s friend. And miracle noodles!

We have learnt to move whenever possible…at least 10,000 steps, incorporating stairs and quick runs in our daily life. We park as far away from our destination as is sensible, often finding free parking, and always choose to walk up stairs and escalators. We make multiple trips upstairs or from the car to get more inbuilt exercise.

Fasting and eating mindfully has become a complete part of life. We are in control and loving it!

I hope the success of our journey can help others too. Talk to your health professionals. Tell them you don’t want drugs as a quick fix for ailments. They only exacerbate many issues. Have confidence in yourself to keep healthy. Practice restraint and enjoy life.

And most of all, thank you Dr Moseley for starting this all off.

A very happy, grateful Purple 😆

Congratulations to you, Purple and Mr P

Well done! I hope that Amazon can find a wonderful animated emoticon to represent just how proud of you we all are. And how we join in your celebrations. You are a pathfinder for many people and your journey gives comfort to many who wobble along the way. 😉

Keep it simple, forgive your self, and go again. Drink lots of water every day. It’s a complete re-imagining of your life. A new Way of Life! Not just a blip while you lose weight.

Cheers, Bay 🙂

You and Mr. purple are absolute inspirations, PVE! May you enjoy each other and your new-found health for many years to come!

Well said Bay 😆
    Thanks Ply 😉
    One of the most unexpected results of this wol is the incredible group of warm and nurturing new friends I have gained from all around the world and the wonderful insights into managing life in different places. Long may we hang together gang. P

Ply and Amazon

Lovely food recipes, and well done with sticking to your fast days. I am fasting today, and will make a tasty vegetable soup to have later on. Lots of housework to catch up on 🙄

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Ply

I note that you and others have said that you crave salt, and that is why fast days can be hard. If I really crave salt, I listen to my body and go to the pantry and dip my fingertip into the cooking salt and lick it off. Better for me than eating a salty food on a fast day. I also drink extra water after tasting the salt. Or instead why not have Wee’s bullion or Bonox? Same result of salt and water ingested.

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Hi all,

Heartiest congratulations Mr & Mrs Purple! What a great anniversary to celebrate! We all know how hard you worked to get where you are today and we clink a cyber glass to your continuing good health and happiness! Also, thankyou for continuing to share your ‘secrets of success’ with the rest of us… its so nice that you and other maintainers such as Bay and RT continue to hang around here and chat.

Bay I am making vegetable soup today too, I am making what Jojo would call a ‘vat’ to freeze most of it, so have a mountain of veggies to chop. Final fast day for the week (phew) to undo last weekends damage, hopefully scales will be happy tomorrow, so far so good as I have discovered Purples “Bite Me” veggie patties and they have saved my bacon when really cold and hungry. One of my friends contributed some upmarket bought granola for our weekend and kindly insisted that I keep the rest of the packet. I finally checked the label on it yesterday: 1025kj (roughly 260 cals) per 50 gram serve!!!! Just not worth it but no wonder it tasted so nice. Husband has been roped in to finish it.

Have a lovely Friday all x

Cheers, clink Nama 😉
    You girls have inspired me….off to buy a load of veg for a big soup cookup! P

Well done PVE and Mr PVE that’s an awesome result for you both 🙂

I’m finally (after my talking to myself last night) back in the right head space to recommence.

Over the past few weeks where I’ve been unwell followed by inability to restart I’ve regained 1.5kg (just over 3 lb) and about 2 cm overall. This was the final “wake up” call for me. I haven’t done all my hard work just to have it go out the window!

Thank you all most sincerely for all your encouragement and advice and I’ll take as much onboard as I can as it is ALL seriously good advice.

Jojo I hope your hip issue continues to be resolved quickly so that you’re pain free again (I understand this as I do have an issue which causes me grief if I don’t do the right exercises regularly but which is continuing to improve with remedial massage initially monthly now every 2 months).

Comespring love the optimism and leeway you’ve given yourself, 😆 you’ll get there.

RT thanks for your jokes they give me a smile or giggle each time 😀

Must run for now as have lots of work to do. Will try to check back in later. Cheers, AO xx

That’s the girl, AO. You can do it. 😆 Fill the house with low cal, tasty food. Rid it of anything tempting and unnecessary. Plan simple, easy delicious food for the weekend….veg soups (no bread), fish and steamed veg, smoked fish and salad, hard boiled eggs ready for a salad. Throw out the bread, pasta, rice and potatoes. They are unnecessary for a good tasty meal.
    I have very little resolve, I just don’t let anything that might tempt me in the house. Except Mr P 😉
    Have a great weekend. P

Thanks, Bay! I have a little tin of sriracha sea salt that I will try that trick with!

Hi P

Floors swept. Soup made. It’s a point of honour in the Bay household to make soup of all the left over vegetables in the fridge. So today’s little gem is lots of celery, cucumber, carrot, a little kumara (sweet potato) and spring onions with ginger, garlic, chili, salt and pepper. I will taste later on and adjust with whatever is needed.

And now for the trip bookings. 😉
    Cheers, Bay

Viewing 50 posts - 9,101 through 9,150 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.