Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 9,151 through 9,200 (of 16,657 total)

• Congrats PVE.

NOW Where’s that soup?

PVE & Mr. P:

Congratulations!

Hello fellow-fasters everywhere:
    Emel, AO, RT and comespring in South Australia
    Nama in Victoria
    Bay in ACT
    Purple in NSW
    Barata in NZ
    Jojo, Smiffy, HappyNow, Amazon, Hermaj, Lizzy, Wee, CW and Tartanlass in UK
    Wiwi in France
    Applepie in Spain
    Ply, SAMM, Lori and HealthCoachB in USA
    DJ in Canada;
    In case I’ve missed anyone, no offence intended. As RT says: β€œYou know who you are.”

Firstly Purple, I echo others’ congratulations. We all know how hard it must have been at times and now you can bask in the warm glow of your outstanding achievements, while remaining vigilant. Thanks for sharing your journey and also for staying around, like Bay, Smiffy and RT, to keep encouraging the rest of us who still have ‘miles to go’, also quoting Robert Frost, Ply.

RT, thanks for jokes, good for a giggle on such a cold wet day.

AO, so glad to hear your head is now organised. We will reset together.

After yesterday’s post, I did some serious thinking in the shower this morning (a good place for it). I measured my waist and also added thighs and upper arms to the numbers to follow in the Tracker. In addition to planned fasting on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays of the coming weeks, I have also worked out a complete menu for non-FDs, focussing on optimal nutrition. As Nama said, FDs are relatively easy because they are so black and white, it’s the non-FDs that are my undoing. I don’t plan to be seriously Spartan because I wouldn’t be able to keep it up but will clamp down on snacking.

Jojo, hope your hip is gradually improving.

Glad to hear of your improved planting ability Smiffy – one of the less publicised benefits of losing weight. πŸ˜‰

Take care all and keep up the good work. n xxx

Good Morning All,
    Very early here. I woke in pain and am waiting for pain killer and heat to kick in so I can go back to sleep.
    My Aunt’s funeral was wonderful, a real life celebration. Both my sisters were there, lots of relatives I haven’t previously met who were charming and very outspoken, quite refreshing, many are of Irish heritage and have lived in many countries. I love that about the Irish. My own Grandmother was a Conor, a true traveller family. This is probably where I get my itchy feet.
    It was great to put names to faces, the Clancy Clan are not longer a mystery and I now know some McCarthys.
    My family tree will have lots more photographs to add interest along with a lovely group shot taken outside the pub where we met for sandwiches in the sunshine.
    Back home I had home made soup and salad, yummy.
    My sisters said I looked beautiful and many noticed the weightloss in my skinny black Mondrian dress which added to a lovely day saying Goodbye to a very special Aunt.

hi everyone
    I made veggie soup too. PVE thank you for sharing. So inspiring. Samm I ordered Cristi V. book on Ketones, I am sure enjoying his fasting book. Happy Friday! I am so looking forward to the weekend.. it has been a long week.

Congratulatons to You, Purple and Mr Purple, and happy anniversary.
    Your journey is an inspiration for us all.
    I raise a glass of champagne to you.

I was finding that non FDs were problematic as Amazon mentioned the other day and after RT’s comment about the 19:5, I use this on up days as Amazon does. I am convinced that this is useful.

Smiffy, I gardened all yesterday. I dug the whole of the 60 square metre vege garden. I could never have done that a year ago as it’s hard labour.Tomorrow we are setting up 5 square metres of rased beds, and then the planting begins. The rain forecast tomorrow will flatten the dug over garden.

Happy Fasting

P (and Mr P),

Your joint achievement is fantastic, and congratulations on now enjoying life without carrying around (between you) the weight of another person!

I think what stands out for me is not so much that you have continued fasting for two years, but that your non-fast days are just normal people days! You eat the right amount of food for your weights, make healthy nutritious food choices and eat calorific ‘treats’ occasionally and in moderation.

I know Mr P continues to fast to control diabetes, and you fast for health also, but it sounds as if your good habits are so ingrained now that you don’t need the fast days to maintain your weights?

You truly are masters of your own destiny!

Wiwi,

You can always tell the gardeners (and farmers) as they’re the ones pleased to see a drop of rain!

I don’t know much about the climate where you are, but I’m guessing it’s warmer than the UK πŸ™‚ What will you be growing in the veg bed this year?

Jojo,

So pleased that the family gave your aunt a good send off (and that you rocked your black dress πŸ™‚ )

Morning/evening all.

Purple and Mr Purple Smiley

For those of us still on the weightloss part of the journey, it is encouraging to know that maintenance is just normal life, enjoying our days. good company, good food and wine.

I can’t add anything to what has already been said by everyone regarding your success, and I couldn’t agree more with what you have said about meeting so many new friends around the world.

Smiley

Jojo, so pleased that yesterday went well, and you must have felt so good when your sisters gave you such a great compliment πŸ˜›

Nicky, I write a menu plan, but I’ve not been sticking to it. I think I’m going to put it on the fridge door!

Have a good one fast trackers πŸ™‚

Thanks be to PVE and Mr P what a dynamic duo in every sense of the word a team effort and what boggles my mind that PVE only joined in the 5-2 for support of Mr P outstanding dedication commitment and determination for all to see that this Intermittent Fasting changes lives improves lives and saves lives this is a life change not a tree change or a sea change and you can see what planning and preparation can achieve this is the chosen way of life I don’t see it as maintaining this way of eating and this way of life is a permanent part of the sheer privilege of being alive
    Eat Fast and Live Longer
    RT

Good morning/evening all

Gosh Wiwi you have been busy! We have heavy clay soil here and with the lack of rain recently it’s impossible to dig. Luckily I dug it all over a few weeks ago, but sowing has been difficult. I have to chisel out small drills and fill with compost – and remember to water! I don’t think I’ve ever had to worry about that at this time of year before!

Jojo, I’m glad the day went well for you – or as well as these things go. How lovely that you met relatives for the first time and all got on well – and received compliments from your sisters. Great!

Purple – many congrats to you and Mr P. Fantastic achievement and truly inspiring. Lurkers take note!

A little over-indulgence last night at a get-together here with four friends. We did a cookery course together over 20 years ago and have stayed in touch ever since. Everyone brings a dish so we have some lovely meals. I made Coq au Vin – not too bad calorie-wise, though I couldn’t resist some Potatoes Dauphinoise and a small portion of Lemon SoufflΓ©. Hopefully not too much damage which can be rectified by a lean day today.

Bad timing, as we’ve got more friends coming to dinner tomorrow evening. It’s Coq au Vin again, as it was easy and can be prepared in advance, with rhubarb (home grown!) orange and ginger meringue pie for dessert.

I shall be fasting all next week at this rate!

Have a good one all

Smiffy x

Good Morning again Fast Trackers,

On Sunday 26th April the Thread will be one year old. It has been my life line to chat and even meet with other contributors. Last year Smiffy and I met in York for the Christmas Market Weekend. This year Wiwi visited me for the day on her trip around Europe and Smiffy and I had a recent holiday in La Rochelle. It has been a successful year for me both in weightloss(down 5 stone) and retirement(complete change of life style). I have taken up lawn bowls, ballroom fitness, nordic walking, circuit training and running. I have trained as a ”Health Walk Leader’ and start my own walk on Sunday from my local town, along the coast, up through the park and back down in a circuit. I strongly believe in the benefits of daily walking not just for the physical benefits but social and emotional support derived from meeting other people. Fresh air on a daily basis cannot be underestimated. I feel the same about listening to music, everyday I ensure the radio is on when I am doing my chores. I also sing in a rock choir which is very ‘happening’. This year it has organised ‘flash mobs’ and sung at Wembly. Life is exciting when you put yourself ‘out there’. In June I will be going to the NEC Birmingham to sing with Kim Wild and Kiki Dee, there will be 10,000 of us singing 5 songs. Anyone up in that area want to meet up with me, I know Smiffy is checking her calendar.
    I have tried many different techniques to lose weight and this year I have finally found a programme that works for me. Everyone is different and needs to keep experimenting. It is great have people on the thread that have succeeded, meeting their respecting goals, some over 30 kilos loss to lead the way to maintaining a WOL that means never putting on weight again.
    Like Purple I weigh daily, I know this doesn’t work everyone but it does prevent the ‘burying your head in the sand’ policy that is easy to adopt. I love exercise and ensure that each day I include a minimum of two hours, some of this is aerobic whilst some stretches( yoga), walking, bowls or swimming. This helps me to feel slimmer and move with ease. Unfortunately I have knee and hip pain, still undiagnosed, which slows me up from doing more and is currently keeping me on pain killers which I detest, but I need my sleep.
    So for me the future( longterm) is 19/5 daily, eating only in a five hour window between 1 pm and 6pm. (obviously I change this to suit special occasions) but it works around most things I do. My dinner parties are much earlier now, people seem to enjoy them just as much at 6 pm as they did at 8 pm. I fast 3 days during the week, 500 calorie maxim which Includes home made chicken or vegetable soup and fish with vegetables. This is my plan until I reach goal by this September, I have faith in it. Three stone to go and I am determined to get there. I rarely drink alcohol or eat carbs because I can’t afford the calories. Through experimentation I have discovered I cannot exceed 1200 calories on any day without gaining weight. I hope that when my fat ration goes down that this level will increase, fingers crossed. Healthy food is the only option so I focus on buying and eating healthily all of the time. Treats are allowed but only on a weekly basis usually in the form of a packet of crisps or a dessert at the weekend, not both.
    Thank you all my fasting friends for your support over this past year.

Hi Fast Trackers

Thanks to you Jojo. This is a successful thread and very important for a good number of us. Happy anniversary.
    I have recently read some of the other forum on Fastdiet, but this is the one I like.

Hi Happy and Smiffy
    We have the advantage here of having volcanic soil with plenty of fertility. The rainfall is not great here (800mm = 35″), but because this is the south of France, it falls less often and heavily. The main factor however is altitude (3200 feet) so the growing season is really only 6 months. It can snow in May.
    So my digging is less laudable as it is easy soil and still very soft.
    I love to be in the garden and the well-being from this WOE, combined with mountain air and gardening. Is that heaven?

The cuckoo is happily singing.
    xx from the good earth.

So glad your day was enjoyable, Jojo, and that folks noticed and acknowledged your hard work!
    All the gardening sounds wonderful! We have room for a couple of raised beds and do tomatoes, peppers, and herbs, but most of the yard with dirt is without sun. We do have lovely rhododendrons, azaleas, forsythia, and other flowering shrubs. The first to bloom are two flowering pear trees above the deck, and we are very much looking forward to those after our long winter. We even had a few snowflakes this morning!!
    Happy anniversary to us! We are getting close to 10,000 posts as well! When PVE and I meet up in May, we can add intercontinental meetings to our list of achievements.
    Non-fast day today after a long one yesterday. Looking forward to homemade Pad Thai for lunch (mine with zero noodles), and dinner of tequila-lime chicken, chipotle-spiralized sweet potatoes with mexican street corn. Should be a flavor sensation! Heading out for a chilly run soon.
    Successful shopping for the leopard flats…they have a memory foam insert and feel heavenly! Also got the white shirt, actually 2 of them, one a bit more businesslike and the other dressy/casual. Saw some hot pink pants, but they did not have my size!

Hi everyone. I had forgotten about the thread being a year old, just as Jojo has forgotten that here and Smiffy came to London and we met up πŸ˜‰

I found this website just as I was about to restart 5:2 after an unplanned and lengthy break that led to me gaining 18lbs of the 42 I had lost. I had struggled on my own as none of my friends understood what I was doing and some thought I was mad! This thread and the people on it have made a huge difference and I can honestly say that I doubt very much I would now be 64lbs lighter without each and every one of you. Special thanks to Jojo for starting this thread and her unswerving support for all of us even when struggling herself Smiley

ply, that sounds like a successful shopping trip. If they didn’t have your size in the pink trousers that means there are a better pair waiting for you somewhere else πŸ™‚

Amazon,
    Sorry honey, how could I forget that lovely couple of days. Blame it on my poor memory and the overdose of pain killers. I loved our trip around Kew and Richmond Park and I will never forget that lovely Japanese meal. My son now has a flat in Paddington so I will be back this summer if you are not on your travels.

We need to plan our trip up to Wee soon too. How exciting that Ply is getting on the meet up circuit too. Ply – don’t give up on the hot pink pants, I wear mine every week, they make me feel young and happy. In fact I am wearing a top to match today too.

I think we will still be here this time next year, I wonder how much life will have changed by then. Anyone got any exciting plans to share.

I played bowls first thing this morning, against a league player, I held my end up which surprized him. Then I took my dogs on a long walk (2 hrs) with a friend. We discussed becoming ‘House Sitters’ together. I like cooking and animal care plus gardening and she likes cleaning, washing, ironing and shopping so we are an ideal combination. We think we could make a good life together travelling the country. So we are going to investigate he options for January onwards next year.

Cooking for a friend tonight, home made chicken soup, salmon in dill and lemon sauce with assorted vegetables and potatoes. Finally some strawberries and natural yogurt. Yum. Then we are off to the pub to listen to a live band.

I have some new contact lenses, they are going to under prescribe on eye so that I can read without the need to put glasses on. Thank goodness.

Wiwi – next visit to France will be in your region, promise!

Hi Jojo,
    It’s OK, I knew I wasn’t omitted deliberately πŸ˜›
    I’m on pain killers too as I’ve got a sore back. I’ve done a lot of exercise and even more walking this week, and have overdone it. I’ve also been doing spring cleaning and carrying heay stuff around. Nothing too dramatic, just sore and stiff so I thought I would nip it in the bud and medicate and then use my heat pack to soothe it. Tomorrow I’m doing nothing more strenuous than going to the cinema and maybe lifting a glass of wine to my lips πŸ˜‰

I have no trips planned at present apart from a week in Herefordshire some time in August, although I do have tickets for Queens in mid June and the WTF in November. My best friend and I are trying to organise a week away at the beginning of June but due to various reasons beyond our control it is looking unlikely πŸ™

My Scottish friend who I met via a tennis website will be in London next month and I’m looking forward to catching up with her. If we visit Wee, I’ll arrange to see her too as she lives in Glasgow.

Time for some dinner before my eating window closes.

Hello to everyone,
    I am taking a 15 minute break and find that you fast trackers are inspiring.
    Wiwi, I am so glad you get to garden, please do some for me. With this drought we do not get to have one this year.
    Amazon and Happy thank you for your positive writings Amazon I too make a menu and for 4 days I am doing good with it. I am flexible but at least I have a plan and that is my 14 day goal.
    Smiffy- a cookery course.. I should of done that years ago. I live in a small town, but I think you inspired me to signup for one in the city, which is 50 miles a way, but it will be worth it. Maybe I will cook something besides baked chicken. I am glad you had a chance to indulge a little.
    Jo jo you are wonderful to share your life with us. I feel so much apart of everyones day. Thank you for sharing.

Hello all

It has been a long day. My mother has been taken very ill and I have come to stay with her. We think it was a rogue prawn in a bought sandwich she ate yesterday. The doctor prescribed some pills which seem to be helping but i shall stay until she is on her feet again. Unfortunately we had to cancel the dinner party we were having tomorrow night but luckily most of the food is freezable.

Sarah – I can recommend doing a cookery course. It’s a great way to make new friends and you would be amazed to discover just what you can produce. I took an exam at the end of it, and the pressure was akin to Masterchef, which is a television competition here for amateur chefs. 50 miles is a long way to travel though. I would finish off what I’d cooked on the journey home!

Jojo – fantastic that the thread has being going for a year, and has become the most popular. It has attracted a band of lovely like-minded people and you have kept it together with your enthusiasm, encouragement and upbeat approach, as well as your down to earth honesty in dealing with your personal challenges. I shall raise a glass to you on the 26th – a non-fast day!

Amazon – sorry to hear you are in pain and hope you feel better very soon. That was certainly a lovely weekend in Kew. If you are going to Herefordshire, maybe we could co-ordinate it with a visit from Jojo. I live on the Gloucestershire/Herefordshire border and if she stays with me we could pop across for a fleeting meet-up?

Ply – your meal sounds lovely! Glad you found some flats. I bought some recently, wore them once, and ended up with horrendous blisters on my heels. I’ve tried rubbing soap inside the shoes, which someone recommended, but it hasn’t made any difference. They are really uncomfortable, and I so want to wear them with skinny jeans – something I never in my wildest dreams think I would end up with, but not only do I have some, but they are a UK size 14!

Wiwi – how I envy you that soil, and your beautiful surroundings. Like Happy, we have swallows putting in an early appearance, and a very tame robin has taken to joining me in the veg patch.

Hi to Samm, RT, PVE, Bay, Wee and everyone else. Have a good night/morning.

Smiffy x

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey and Hello World (You know Who You) :wink
    Smiffy not good when our parents are not well dodgy prawn damn you !!! hope mum has a speedy recovery.. jojo anniversary means more to me than a birthday you have to work hard to get anniversary status well done on founding a great thread full of interesting intelligent and dedicated fast trackers whereas birthdays just come round IMO. Have been to the dawn service this morning a big crowd however certainly β€˜brass monkey’ weather trust me and finally I will go straight to hell for saying this but Amazon WTF happens in November πŸ˜‰
    RT

Oh dear, Smiffy, I hope your mother has a speedy recovery! Sorry you had to postpone your party as well.
    Amazon, I hope you bounce back quickly as well. Who’d’a thunk we would be injured by overdoing exercise??
    The Pad Thai with zero noodles was very successful…I have to say it was the best use of zero noodles yet. If some are still reluctant to try them, or try them again, I recommend using them in Asian dishes. Could not even tell they were zero noodles.

Good morning all.

Just a quick pop-in. Also back from very chilly, very well attended Dawn Service; breakfast finished and dishwasher running.

Sorry to hear of your mum’s illness Smiffy – hope it’s simply food poisoning as she’ll soon recover.

Ply, thanks for the tip on zero noodles. I’m one who found the texture off-putting but will try again.

Wiwi, a little while ago you suggested a FT Fitbit group. I didn’t say anything at the time because my Fitbit flex had just died but OH gave me a new Surge this morning so would be happy to join the group. Your soil sounds wonderful. We planted out our 9-year old 3m high Wollemi pine a couple of weeks ago and had to use a crowbar to dig out a hole big enough to accommodate the root ball – hard yakka!

Happy Saturday all. Take care everyone and keep up the good work. n xx

Good morning all, and Happy Birthday Nicky. πŸ˜†

Smiffy, sorry to hear about your mother. Hope she gets better soon.

We also went to the Dawn Service for Anzac Day, out of bed at 4am, and well rugged up in 6 C clear weather for a lovely simple ceremony of remembrance. Lots of people there for the 100th anniversary.

Ply, looking forward to the hot pink slacks. πŸ˜‰ I have given up noodles altogether. Every now and again I like some lovely aromatic rice with Asian food, but mostly I just have the vegetables and chicken or fish or prawns on their own.

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

It is so wonderful bay is saying Good Morning and it is only 8:00pm Friday. Everyone else is already enjoying their Saturday. But I just finished my 13th fast day and made it to 17.5 hours before eating. I even walked my 10,000 steps, I am hoping to join you wiwi and nicky and any fast tracker.
    Happy Birthday Nicky!
    Jo jo I like your idea of house sitting, maybe when I retire, I might do that. I love to travel and I love people.
    Sweet Dreams.. for some, have a great day for others:)

Morning All!

Smiffy, I hope your Mum is improving.
    And Amazon, I hope the back is less sore? I put mine out before Easter, and only now is it starting to feel strong again.
    And jojo, I hope your hip is not troubling you too much!
    Oh, and SAMM’s knee…still on the mend?
    And everyone else, I hope you’re well!!

I know I’m at maintenance now, but my weight had started to bob annoyingly at the top of my range, so I pulled my finger out this week. I set out to fast on Monday but sabotaged it with a piece of chocolate cake (a friend’s leaving do, I didn’t even want the cake, and it was so sweet it made my teeth hurt, but I ate it…:) ). I tried again on Thursday with more success, and can report a 2lb loss for this week. I feel like a fully paid up member of the group now πŸ™‚

Raining here this morning, and colder than it has been recently. Up early for the chooks’ and cats’ breakfasts, then back to bed with a cup of tea. I’ve just realized that while catching up with the news/ forum etc I have been mostly thinking about what I’m going to eat today (and not only breakfast/ brunch, evening meal too)! Once a constant craver, always a constant craver…?

But might it actually be a good thing to think about food so much?! I’ve just read another article talking about how people that don’t eat breakfast end up consuming more calories because they’ll get really hungry and then make poor food choices. I always choose to break my fast at brunch or lunch, but I know exactly what I’ll be eating then (I’ll have been thinking about it for at least 4 hours!). So today I’m hungry already, but know when I get back from the weekly shop I’ll have eggs on sourdough. I’m already looking forward to it, so the shop breakfast pastries will hold no allure. And I shop with a list so won’t make any spontaneous poor choices.

Or am I trying to justify always thinking about food by thinking there’s a higher purpose/ motive behind it… πŸ™‚

Have a great whatever time of day it is wherever you are!

Morning/evening all πŸ™‚

Nicky Smiley

Smiffy, the meet up sounds like a good idea. I don’t know when I’m going yet apart from that it will be in August. I’ll let you know when it is organised.
    As for the new shoes, I have two tips, wear them in the house with some thick socks, even 5 minutes a day will help. Buy some Compeed and I don’t mean the blister plasters, they make a pop up stick and before wearing the shoes you apply it to your skin in the area where the shoes are likely to rub. I have a couple of pairs of shoes that cause a blister every time I wear them, and since I’ve been using it, I’ve not had one πŸ™‚

As for my back, thanks for all the good wishes everyone. It is still a bit sore but much better. I need some rest and today is perfect, I had a lay in, walked round the corner for the paper, and I’m going to have a leisurely brunch before meeting a friend for the cinema. We might have to go to the pub for a glass of wine afterwards, necessary sustenance after film watching πŸ˜‰

RT, World Tennis Finals πŸ˜›

This one is for you Jojo Smiley

Happy weekend fast trackers.

Oh Amazon you really are clever with emoticons! Enjoy your movie and your wine afterwards.

Quiet Saturday night here, pouring with rain but cosy inside. I have had a lovely day helping with making the invitations for sons wedding later this year, they are turning out really well. Other son very good with computers/design and his girl very creative too. Also watched my football team win well, so all is well with my world!

This morning we walked for two hours with a breakfast break half way – nice way to start the weekend. Big cafe breakfasts really are too big! Having home made soup for dinner to compensate. I am like you Happy, always thinking about the next meal! Especially when not busy…

Congratulations Jojo on such a successful thread, I am sure you are right about it continuing for another year! So many lovely people from all over the world, but all united in our desire to be slimmer and healthier!

I watered my little garden yesterday evening as it was parched and even when it rains the tubs and pots don’t get enough to drink. The forecast rain arrived early this morning and it was a decent amount and everything has revived. It was overcast earlier but the sun is peeoping through now and despite promising my body that I would rest it this weekend, I’m tempted to leave early for the cinema and walk through Kew Gardens as it in en route.

Nama, a few years ago a public tennis website that I was a member of closed down and one of the other members bought a domain name in honour of Andy Murray winning his first slam and set up a private website for Murray fans who were invited to join. We spent a lot of time trawling the internet for smileys and emoticons for the site, and are always looking for more. There is one site in particular that I find very useful and I use it often to post on this thread http://www.freesmileys.org/
    When you find one you wish to use it is easy,just C&P the HTML code πŸ™‚

Evening fellow fasters πŸ™‚

Almost 9pm here and I have made it through day 1 of my reboot back into 5:2 … using 18:6 or 19:5 each day. Tomorrow will need to be a low cal day (not quite a FD). I’m working on it one day at a time to make sure the head space is right. I have a few containers of frozen low cal (100 cal) veggie soups in the freezer and I will have one for lunch tomorrow followed by a reasonable meal. I’m about to restart MFP with the meals as I’ve slackened off quite a bit there and it will help keep me on track.

I hear you (I think it was PVE but please correct me if I am wrong) re weighing each day and I will recommence this tomorrow, but will leave it for once per day not morning and night. I have managed to keep under 1,100 calories today, but only just again it is a start and I can only on from here.

I also use emoticons from that site but have found I need to remove the first bit in the < > parenthesis and ensure there’s a space at the beginning and end of the second lot of < > parenthesis with my system however I believe that’s not the case with some other systems.

I decided last night that today I needed a day of TOTAL rest as I was still so very, very tired and it has made such a great difference (this is the first I’ve been on the computer since early morning when I just synchronised my FitBit. However I’ve been checking emails through my tablet and/or mobile phone during the day. Watching a bit of Taggart now then off to bed. Feeling much better tonight too with no longer being exhausted so glad I listened to my body!

Smiffy I hope/pray your mother is on the mend, such a worry for you (and her). Jojo I trust you are also listening to your body and allowing it to heal πŸ˜€ . SAMM the same as for Jojo. Amazon and Happy I hope your backs are on the improve too.

RT glad you enjoyed the Dawn Service … I enjoyed watching the one from Anzac Cove while keeping warm and toasty in front of the fire πŸ˜€ … I also had my silence of remembrance particularly for my dad who served his country (England) and has since passed over.

Love and hugs to you all for helping me get my head back in the right space and hope one day to meet up with as many of you in person as I can manage πŸ˜€ . Sorry if I haven’t mentioned you by name but you are all in here and have all contributed in a range of ways.

Hi AO,
    One day at a time is a very sensible approach now that you are feeling better. We all have such busy lives these days that the majority of us are sleep deprived and always tired and don’t realise it until we stop or something like a virus stops us. It is also why so many people go on holiday and spend the first few days doing very little but sleeping.
    You’ll be reporting losses in no time at all, as you are already making small changes every day in order to get back on track, and once that starts happening it’ll be easier. My very best wishes to you, I know you can do it and more importantly, so do you πŸ™‚

Hi everyone,
    Glad you are feel rested AO, I know I am better when I have down time. This week I have been leaving my house at 7 and not back until 8. I need to be still.
    Have some fantastic news it is celebration time.. I made my goal weight today. What do I do now? I know, make more goals.
    I am with you Happy I am always thinking about food. I am one week into my challenge of planning food on paper and trying to forget about food and concentrate on what to clean.
    Other goals: keep tracking, 5 min of hula hooping per day, and 10,000 steps. I would like to start a push up challenge. I also need to figure out how to build more confidence..and to stop having pity parties for myself. Whats up with that?

Amazon- thank you for pointing out that we need to take one day at a time and should sleep more. My mom has the starting of dementia and I went from daughter to caregiver in the last few months. She is still independent, but the roles have changed and everyone’s gentle approach on this forum to redirect is so helpful and appreciative.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JOJO!! By the way, where is Jojo – last we heard she was off to the pub to listen to a band with a friend – hope you got home ok!

Have a great Sunday all, fasting or not!

Sarah I think our posts crossed – Congratulations to you too! Fantastic achievement! Sounds like you know exactly what you are doing. Sorry to hear about your Mum, dementia is so insidious. Our loved ones look the same and often even sound the same, its hard to remember and reconcile that they are not.

Hi AO that combination has the edge IMO 18-6 or 19-5 with 2 fasts a week and a close watch with the MFP on the non fast days
    If you’re trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I’ve had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.
    Michael Jordan

β€œThere is nothing else you can do to your body that is as powerful as fasting”
    I believe in you AO.
    RT

Today, on the first anniversary of the Fast Trackers thread, I would like to wish you all the very best and congratulate you, Jojo, on starting the ball rolling. By beginning and nurturing this thread, you have brought together an amazing gathering of like-minded folk from many corners of the earth to share ideas, give and receive support and generally have a good chinwag. Thanks Jojo for all the effort you put into the fts… I hope you enjoy this celebration. πŸ˜†

Congratulations, and best wishes, to all fts on your journey to better health and a new look. What you have achieved, you can be justifiably proud of. No one else has done it. It has been your own work. Take credit for your self control. It has been worth it.

To celebrate, I submit my dinner menu towards the cyber party. In total (sans vin or mayo) it comes to 316 calories. With wine and mayo, 435.
    I would suggest an egg and lettuce (85 cal) or a whole microwaved sweet corn cob (85) at about 2pm to tide you over until the big feast! I hope you enjoy your party. Make sure there is plenty of dancing!!

WARM CAJUN CHICKEN SALAD –230 cals 270 with mayo πŸ™‚

Ingredients: (calories per serving in brackets)
    Thin strips of chicken thigh fillets (100g 160)
    Cajun seasoning (2 )
    Thin strips of brown onion (15)
    Shredded lettuce (5)
    Red & yellow capsicum/bell pepper cut in thin strips (15)
    Celery cut in fine slices (3)
    Parsley chopped (3)
    Carrot cut into fine strips (15)
    Orange rind, peeled from orange and cut into thin strips (15)
    Cucumber finely sliced and halved (15) Cherry tomatoes cut in half (15)
    Mayonnaise (40 – optional) Spray oil (15 optional)

Method:
    Place chicken strips in a bowl and sprinkle liberally with Cajun seasoning. Leave for several hours in fridge
    Barbeque chicken quickly on a high heat with a little spray oil if necessary
    SautΓ© onion on barbeque
    Arrange pre-cut salad in individual serving bowls or plates while meat is cooking. Layer lettuce, top with other salad ingredients
    Spoon a dessertspoon of mayonnaise on top of each bowl of salad (optional). Toss salad slightly
    Top salad with hot cooked chicken and garnish with onion
    Serve immediately

DESSERT(86): served in a tiny ramekin with a good quality teaspoon
    1 tbsn full fat natural yoghurt (homemade preferably) (20)
    6-8 blueberries (30)
    A sprinkle of natural almond flakes (30)
    A dusting of cinnamon (6)

DRINKS:
    Ice cold soda water with a sprig of mint or a slice of lime, served in champagne glasses (0) Optional: ice cubes
    Espresso – as much as you like
    ONLY IF YOU CAN: A chilled glass of exceptional white wine to celebrate the fine successes of the Fast Trackers. (83)

Well done Jojo!
    Bon appΓ©tit πŸ˜‰ Purple Vegie Eater

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA and Hello World (You know Who You) πŸ˜†
    Loving your detail Purple how intoxicating that all is
    I have a starter of homemade roasted red pepper hummus and a roast vegetable plater happy anniversary to all fast trackers and as SAMM is often saying
    Keep on keeping on
    RT

Happy first anniversary to this thread Jojo and all fts.

Thank you Jojo for starting it and, more particularly, by your example, making it the most popular IF thread.

Purple has said it all so eloquently – each person’s achievements have been due to their individual efforts – hard yakka much of the time. Your fellow-travellers have only cheered from the sidelines. Take a bow everyone.

To quote SAMM, keep on keeping on, every day just doing what’s doable. 2nd birthday here we come!

On a personal note, thanks for birthday greetings.

Had a lovely day with the family and decadent bacon and egg sandwich with HP sauce for dinner. It was divine, the first bacon we had had since watching Dr M’s meat program several months ago.

My darling daughter made me a chocolate birthday cake decorated with ganache and fresh raspberries. Very yummy but, apart from raspberries, will pack remainder into freezer portions to enjoy gradually on non-FDs over the coming months. It’s sitting in its box calling me from the kitchen even now, only an hour after breakfast.

Looking forward to seeing Walking with Dinosaurs with the grandies this afternoon.

Happy Sunday all. n xxx

Woops my bad 😳 that slipped past me Nicky happy birthday and who doesn’t like a egg and bacon sanga seriously simple pleasure a taste sensation in fact i really enjoy the odd BLT
    bacon lettuce and tomato sanga
    enjoy the grandies
    RT

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Jojo and fellow FT’s what an awesome thread we have here πŸ˜€ I truly believe I would have struggled a lot more without all of you in here, so thank you all so very much πŸ˜†

Now just to show you how awesome you all are – my first words this morning were: wow what a difference a day makes πŸ™‚ … YES after just ONE DAY rebooting I’ve lost 1/2 kg (or 1 lb). So now I’m feeling more like I’m back on track too. Beef Stroganoff for dinner tonight – lots and lots of mushrooms, not so much beef, and the sauce it cooks in … all done in my Thermomix which I love for ease of cooking … will make a small serve of rice to go with it – I’ve put it on MFP and it’s just on 536 cals/served with rice. That amount of cals is for the full serve of both stroganoff and rice but I will have a lot less rice than a serve also a little less of the stroganoff so my serve will be 400 calories πŸ˜€ which is ample for me. Now to start putting more of my recipes/foods in ready for planning and using.

Good Morning Fast Trackers and Happy First Birthday,

Firstly to Smiffy, I am so sorry to hear your news about your mum, I hope she makes a quick recovery. PVE – menu looks great and thanks for your input on this thread. To Ply and Samm, who have been on this journey with me for the entire year- I love you guys. To other special and regular contributers that have joined since Smiffy, Weemam, Amazon, RT, Nama, Bay, Barata, Wiwi, Aussie Oma, Tartanlass, applepie, Emel, Nicky F, Sarah, Happy Now, and to everyone else that my memory won’t think of this morning thank you for making this thread a source of comfort and good advice.

Nama, Don’t worry I wasn’t kidnapped by aliens, just friends dragging me out for the day yesterday. Although I must say the Pub on Friday night was a strange night. Full of former ladies Hockey Team, all dressed up with a red and white striped top and hat, comedy glasses, jeans and black comedy glasses plus their captains face on a cardboard mask – surreal experience. The band were incredible and a lively night was had by all.

Two friends and I started out early yesterday morning heading into Canterbury to meet up with a newly formed social group. We have called it the ‘Carousel Club’ and are planning great things including weekends away and even holidays next year. Using ‘Meetup’ we have 41 people signed up in one week. After the group met and exchanged details and ideas we went shopping then ended up going straight out for a meal so I fell into bed last night exhausted. Still on pain killers so sleeping much more than usual.

I am celebrating today by having three meals, yeah!

Starting with porridge made with skimmed milk and 1/2 teaspoon of honey.
    Lunch will be poached salmon salad- exotic of course plus new potatoes
    Dinner will be gree Thai Chicken soup with coconut milk( homemade left overs from Friday night)- delicious and very spicy.
    Dessert – 5 strawberries and natural yogurt with 1/2 teaspoon of calories.

Thank you all for being my lifeline, celebratory ditty below.

Exercise – roll up at lawn bowls this morning, two hours.
    My first (as a Health walk leader)coastal/park walk after lunch for 90 minutes.

My good news, I am through the next stone because I have been secretly cutting calories to 1000 daily on non fast days this last week, only possible because I have been resting from aerobic exercise. It has taken a supreme effort but I have lost 4 lb this week in preparation for my holiday to Turkey next week and our thread birthday.
    It’s a great feeling to be in 12 stone zone but my deadline is getting very close for comfort.

I enclose a little verse to make today even more special.

Today our thread is one year old
    To me it’s a lifeline of pure gold
    Friends in countries far and near
    Sharing feelings without a tear
    Making fasting our way of life
    Loosing fat without fear of the knife
    Walking daily helps keep trim
    Our final goal to all be slim

Good Luck Fast Trackers, enjoy your day.

Hi jojo and the FTers,

I can’t quite believe that it’s been a year since this thread began. I wasn’t posting in the early days (I was already at maintenance so didn’t belong!), but I did witness the birth of the thread as I was (mostly lurking!) on the forum by then.

Looking back to the start, it really was a different beast then! With a small but determined band of fasters. It’s popularity is a testament to your determination, commitment, positive approach and staying power, jojo.

And it sounds as though the anniversary has given you the boost you need for the home run! Congratulations on your loss this week.

By the second anniversary I suspect that most (all?) of you will be happy maintainers and the motto will be lose 2lbs per week and put it on again…?!

Hip hip hooray for the birthday thread! Congratulations for your baby’s milestone, Jojo, and thanks for all the support and guidance provided by you and all the other wonderful posters. It makes fasting fun! πŸ™‚ Well done on the losses, and the poem of encouragement. I hope you have a wonderful holiday in Turkey.

I hope your mum has bounced back, Smiffy. It’s no fun to be suffering from that sort of thing, even when it’s short-lived.

Good morning/evening all

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and good wishes. It is three steps forward and two back but my mother is making a very slow recovery. The main problem is getting her to eat but at least I am getting plenty of fluids into her.

I looked at my stay as a good opportunity to have a couple of very low cal days and was doing so well until I made the fatal mistake of pouring myself a couple of glasses of wine last night (told myself I deserved them) which dulled my brain completely. I came across a bar of chocolate in the fridge, I looked at it (Galaxy Salted Caramel) and put it back and closed the door. I don’t have a sweet tooth. Another glass of wine and I looked at it again and closed the door – then looked at it again and thought “just a couple of pieces”……well we all know what happened then don’t we? And it didn’t stop there – the sweetness (when I had finished the whole bar) made me crave something savoury, so out came crackers and cheese. Oh the remorse this morning! Making up with a fast day.

Thanks for the new shoes tips Amazon – I will definitely try them – the shoes were too expensive to never wear again!

Great post Jojo – congratulations and well done on the loss!

Happy Birthday Fadtrackers’ Thread

Have a good one all

Smiffy x

Woo hoo a grand total of 800 cals today so therefore a semi-FD πŸ˜€ only ate half a serve of the beef stroganoff and rice but put down 3/4 serve just in case.

Really getting a handle on my head space again thank goodness and thanks to you all too Smiley

Great poem Jojo πŸ˜€ so glad I decided to “take the plunge” and join you all in here it’s been and is still the best of the best with such wonderful people in here too πŸ˜€ .

Oooh AO – Beef Strog is one of my all time favourites. I do admire your resolve – I’m not sure I could stop at half a serving! It’s veg soup for lunch for me and fish and veg for supper. Got to get back on track after my choc, cheese & wine fest last night!

Love the little signboard emoticons!

Smiffy I also love Beef Strog but I was feeling full enough, so I stopped as I started to feel satisfied (otherwise I’d have kept eating which would make me feel bloated). I had 2 dessertspoons of basmati rice (just under half a regular serve) … I made the amount for 4 serves, gave my OH one full serve and took half a serve for myself but still left half of that in the end, lol. But I’ll still count everything as 3/4 serve of everything as that way it allows extra calories just in case. I’m determined to lose at least 1kg (2.2 lb) this week so then I can remove the rest before going away on the 7th. I made the Beef Strog in my Thermomix … the meat was so tender and the flavours were great (I have a 3/4 serve ready to take to work for lunch tomorrow (I just added a little bit to what I’d had left over – there’s still 1 & 1/2 serves left out of 4 serves). OH is going for testing for diabetes tomorrow as during his usual blood works (annual) there was something Dr was not happy with so he’s got to have this fasting test in the morning. He’s agreed that if this shows something wrong he’ll join me on 5:2 (this is why it’s been so hard as he’s not been on board and has been bringing into the house things he knows I love)

Well done AO. I didn’t know what a Thermomix was but just looked it up. What an amazing piece of kit!

Hope everything is ok with Mr AO. It’s very useful when you are both on 5:2 but I do hope it won’t be from necessity.

Hi All,
    My first walk was a great success even if the weather was pretty grim when we started out. There were 8 of us plus my two dogs. We got back ahead of schedule so I may need to extend it a bit. Really want it to be at least 90 minutes, it flew by so quickly.
    I am determined to encourage overweight walkers to start fasting.
    Life is good ! Be happy my cyber chums

Good morning fellow fasters.

Yes Smiffy it is a great piece of kit … I have several recipe books, including Asian and Indian ones so need to start getting the spices for those. Made one lot of very nice spicy potatoes once, the flavours were awesome, took a little while to prep but cooked beautifully too. I find with Thermomix that I need only that and occasionally the oven (mind you when I make soup I need to stove top as I make large quantities of it). I also hope that Mr OH doesn’t have any issue needing this but would appreciate if he joined me voluntarily but I don’t see this happening as just needing to go 12 hours fasting for this blood test is very hard for him.

Jojo well done on your first leader role with the walking.

Today I am another 1/2 kg down so maybe all that I put on over the past few weeks was fluid weight (here’s hoping) however I doubt this, also that doesn’t negate my resolve as I still have loads to lose/shed and would like to be at or near goal around this time next year.

I was up a little early today so am posting while I can πŸ™‚ . NickyF yes I think my head is resetting now and hope yours has/is too. Hope all is okay with everyone and have a fantastic day either fasting or not as the case may be πŸ˜† sorry if you’re not mentioned individually but you know I include you all πŸ˜€

Viewing 50 posts - 9,151 through 9,200 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.