Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 8,801 through 8,850 (of 16,657 total)

• I am being truly tested, Nama, and so far passing! Might have to borrow Amazon’s halo!

I’ve temporarily lost my halo. As I mentioned a few days ago, I appear to be practising maintenance at the moment. The good news is that the Easter goodies are all gone so maybe I can concentrate on getting into those pink jeans!

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA and Hello World (You know Who You) ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Interesting thoughts I have had over the weekend from some queries last Friday about where I put all that greasy fatty yummy goodness and chips ๐Ÿ˜† answer is I really donโ€™t know and a six pack a beer a day as a minimum I clearly wasnโ€™t thirsty just a bloody guts is as a technical answer as I can offer up now the upside. I have a theory that fasting is a skill that needs to be learnt and is like anything else that we learn some will succeed like this forums members and contributors & others will not because people who say I canโ€™t do that or thatโ€™s unhealthy and not safe or I couldnโ€™t do that actually donโ€™t do anything at all to change ๐Ÿ˜ฅ for example I tell y-fee a flashing red light on the dash in the car means a warning let me know and I will take it to the garage for the mechanic to have a look at it donโ€™t wait till your stuck on the side of the road with a ceased motor it will not fix itself ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein

I am no genius but once you learn something thatโ€™s positive for you (fasting) you master it and conquer it and you own it and make damn sure you know all there is to know about it..

If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.
    Albert Einstein

I often say at our training seminars company in house skill sets and upskilling that 80% of what you now know you did not learn at school the target audience here would be 40 plus BTW.

The only source of knowledge is experience.
    Albert Einstein

So this Higher Education and Diploma of Deceit and a Bachelor of BS will not enable you to outwit outlast and out play the battle of obesity well done is better than well said ๐Ÿ˜‰ I borrowed that from the TV show Survivor which has been going now for 30 years wow really ๐Ÿ˜ฏ
    Ok off the soapbox now
    For a new week a new adventure yesterday is history todays the mystery.
    Happy fasting all you Beautiful losers ๐Ÿ˜†
    Peace RT

RT I agree with you 100% that fasting is a skill we have to learn . When I started I was so scared to cut down because ..I would get faint.or be ill .or go into starvation mode …I didn’t though and I now look forward to my fasts . isn’t it brilliant pal ..The best thing is that we have all had each other here to discuss everything and compare notes

Wee xx

Just poppin in.

RT. You remind me of a study they did to see if coffee was detrimental to health. The statistics bore out that it was for many years The same result. But some genius decided to pull all the smokers from the study results. And guess what? ๐Ÿ™‚

The way I see it many of the calorie restriction studies involve the diets that restrictive , but also malnutrition in essence. Remove those statistics and there may be a eye opening statistic.

Learning not to over eat, going further on to the patience of fasting into the DNA repair mode.

Remove the smokers, drinkers, those with still a poor choice of foods in their diet, those that are still sedentary.
    What happens when fasters then lower the risks of the accidental, preventable, and age related diseases.
    Purify their water and air. Detox their livers and gallbladders ? Increase their vo2max and exerice In way that keeps fats in the bloodstream low. I’m guessing a long life?

Amazon .. go you on the pink jeans pal :).

SAMM the main reason I started 5.2 was because when I first saw the video with Dr M . he said this WOE could help keep Alzheimer’s at bay. My Gran ,2 aunties and My Mam and Dad have all had Alzheimer’s. I just wanted to help myself . It has also helped my RA and my asthma too . I have never been a drinker or a smoker but I have always loved food a bit too much .

Wee xx

Good morning everyone (evening for those in NH). Had a not too bad day yesterday, still feeling a little under the weather but nothing to write home about ๐Ÿ˜†

I think I’ve gained a little over the past week and a bit where I’ve been unwell, so once I’m back 100% I’ll be getting back into the swing of things as I’m allowing my body/mind to heal fully so there’ll be no rebounding of the lurgy – mind you all that’s left is sinusitis from the feel of things … will need to go visit the Dr if it doesn’t clear soon (woke during the night with sinus headache so I know it’s still there).

Ooooh pink trousers sound wonderful … ENJOY!!

RT love the quotes … so true too ๐Ÿ˜€

SAMM also true … some people/studies can always stack statistics to show what they want results to show (their beliefs).

Jojo and Smiffy keep enjoying La Rochelle ๐Ÿ˜€ … I for one am loving the updates ๐Ÿ˜€

Hi to everyone I’ve not mentioned personally … have to keep moving as so much to do in the mornings now so not much time to post ๐Ÿ˜€

Hi everyone ๐Ÿ™‚
    Well done Ply. It was the little self control fairy testing you…and you passed! ๐Ÿ˜† Glad the snow is clearing. 4 weeks until we get there!!

Wee, I too still have issues realising what I CAN wear these days. I bought a gorgeous little pencil skirt (size 8) the other day. And I DO look thin in it! Woohoo!

Re goal weights. I used a very well laid out chart in Kate Harrison’s 5:2 book to calculate my ultimate weight and achieved it a year ago. According to the chart, if you are 176cm tall, the middle of healthy weight is 67kg. If you are 167cm tall, your goal weight will be 60kg. Remember, to be healthy you really need to aim for the middle of the healthy range to give yourself “wriggle room”, as we call it on Maintenance ๐Ÿ™‚

Remember the excuses we all used for not losing weight before we discovered 5:2? ๐Ÿ™„ The same applies with your ultimate healthy goal. No excuses, just determination. And I KNOW you can all achieve it.

I am SO pleased to hang with this wonderful, determined group of people who have taken control of their health and their lives. Go FTs!!!! P ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Nama

I read your comment about BP meds with interest. After I lost first 10 kg, at my request, my doctor reduced BP meds by one third. She asked me to keep an eye on it, by daily measurements for a week or two to see.

Next week I am having annual medical check up and will most likely reduce BP meds by a half. That is since I began, i will have cut BP meds from 7.5 mg to 5 mg, and now to 2.5 mg. it has been a slow process, with no measurable adverse effects.

Recently, I have noticed that there is no measurable impact on BP by delaying taking the BP pill. Roughly I have been taking a 5 mg pill every 36 hours, instead of every 24 hours, and this has kept BP in safe zone. Doctor ok with self experimentation.

Caveat: I am not a doctor and am not recommending a course of action to others. ๐Ÿ˜‰ just observing the effect of sustained IF and weight loss on my BP.

As you know I am a short one, possibly 162 cm or 5 ft 4 inches in the old money. ๐Ÿ˜† and 60 kg is where my body has settled while doing 6:1 most weeks. BMI of 21. Today is my fast day Monday, so going to dentist for crown prep work. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Cheers, Bay ๐Ÿ™‚

Go, Wee, go!

Rock the pink jeans, Amazon. ๐Ÿ™„

WOW!! Purple a size 8 . that is amazing girl . You must be feeling so good .

AO I hope you feel more like yourself soon pal . Just be kind to yourself xx

I am still in the overweight category . To be honest though I don’t want to loose much more , I feel good where I am now and I like what I see for the first time EVER in my life .( well the face could do with a make -over or a botox injection or whatever its called ) and the loose skin could be removed BUT that will never happen lol so I will do my best with what I have lol .

Won’t be long until my bedtime so be good everyone xx

Wee xx

Ply our post crossed pal . Good luck at the dentist xx

Wee xx

Hi Bay
    Well done. If you do reduce your BP meds further, to save money (Dr suggested it), I still get 5 mg tablets and cut them in half ๐Ÿ˜‰ It also means the prescription lasts longer!
    My weight fluctuates around 56-57kg. Seems a happy weight and is correct for the ever shrinking lady. I wonder, as I have shrunk nearly 2″ from my youthful height, does that mean I need to weigh less too, or is my body now more dense? I know I AM!!
    Good luck with the dentist. I hope your bank balance has something left after your holiday. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    P

Hi P,

Your comment re aiming for the middle of the healthy weight range reminded me that when I began 5:2 I used the NHS BMI healthy weight calculator.

It suggested I should aim for roughly 61kg (9 st 8), as that’s midway in my healthy weight range. I laughed out loud at the thought of it! I’ve never weighed less than 10st (63kg) as an adult. So I ignored it, and 10st was my goal.

I reached 10st, but didn’t (couldn’t) stop losing weight until I’d got down to 60kg, and I’ve been wandering around in the 58-60 range ever since.
    So I guess the NHS calculator wasn’t so stupid after all!

Wee, re: your weight. I think you’re just about perfect ๐Ÿ™‚

PVE, I am sure you are looking super-sexy in your new skirt! Thanks, as always, for your combination of encouragement and kick-in-the-pants! I have been futzing around for awhile now, but have my son’s graduation coming up at the end of May, so would like to be ator near goal by then.
    Wee, it is Bay, not I, going to the dentist. I would be having a lot more than an eek!
    Happy Now, always impressed with your success! Couldn’t stop losing weight, how incredible!

Interesting Happy, isn’t it? I never imagined getting below 65. When I hit that I thought below 60 was achievable. It was. I continued to slowly drop to my current size without really trying. Eating less becomes second nature…although I’d kill for some blue cheese right now. Pretty odd…8.30am on a fast day. ๐Ÿ™ P

Gosh Ply, between me kicking you in the pants and Wee sending you off for unplanned dental work, you must be feeling pretty bruised! ๐Ÿ˜‰ P

Hi all.
    Purple, congrats on your new tiny skirt, what a thrill! Thanks for your advice re goal weight. I have seen a BMI chart in Kate Harrisons recipe book and it seems to agree with what WW used to say, for my height the middle of the range is about 69kg, hence me feeling ok with 75. I remember being 68-69 in my 30s with WW and I looked positively starved. Now much older and wrinklier, I really dont want to look any older than necessary! However, I do take your point (and Happy’s, thankyou) and have a completely open mind about what the next 6 months reveals! I also understand about wriggle room and will certainly take that into account. Fasting is no longer an effort and so I dont have any apprehension about continuing. The effort that is involved is in making conscious decisions around food, and I know that needs to be a life long practice from now on!

Bay I think it was Nicky discussing BP meds! I am lucky, I inherited the right genes for BP. Great to hear yours are gradually reducing. I love to see anyone free of regular medication! Of course BP meds have saved millions of people from being struck down with a stroke, leading to a life of frustration and suffering, but if they are no longer needed, brilliant!! Good luck at the dentist, a change from your usual monday housework. At least you get a chance to lie down!

Nama ๐Ÿ˜‰

oops sorry guys . I told you I was rubbish AND it is past midnight and I need to go to bed before I turn into a frog :)..

Night all you lovely people .

HappyNow I think I love you lol ๐Ÿ™‚

Wee xx

So much “lurv” on this thread, Jojo must be proud!!

For wee.
    It’s my understanding that keeping inflammation out of the hippo campus is key to avoiding alzhiemers.
    Both exercise and gluten free help with that course . Fasting as well simply by not having as much inflammation intake. Seems there’s another type of sugar variable too. I don’t understand it all. But dr perlmutter says even though not all humans are glutten sensitive in the digestive system. All humans are sensitive to glutten in the hippocampus to some degree.

Omega3 and exercise have similar effect on hippocampus health. So I use the omega3 foods on fasting days and exercise on the feed days.

Something like.
    Exercise 3 days
    Fast 2 days
    Glutten free 2 days.

I’m just making huge assumption and a wild guess. But it’s doable.

My own menu is
    exercise 5 days
    Fast 2-3 days
    Glutten free all days.

Hi Everyone,
    I have been reading everyone’s posts. Too many to comment on. Love this forum. I have learned so much.

Wow, Purple

Size 8. Great stuff. ๐Ÿ˜† i will remember to get the 5 mg and halve it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Nama,
    I lay down for 90 minutes. Two crowns, price outrageous! I’ll have to go back to work to pay them off.

Cheers, Bay ๐Ÿ™‚

Good morning Fast trackers,
    Woke up up after a reasonable nights sleep, practising laying on my back or with a pillow between my legs to counter hip pain. Worked fairly well got some sleep. Of course I did take pain killers and three glasses of red wine not to mention all the walking yesterday to tire me out. Took a little sun too, flashing nose and pink neck but not sore. Very grey day here at the moment but it is supposed to be hot later.
    Visiting museums and market this morning but first we need some food. We cooked Mediterranean omelette and had salad with balsamic vinegar for dinner last night. We treated ourselves to creme caramel for pudding.

I am incredibly proud of this thread and it’s contributors, they are intelligent, courageous, determined, positive, honest and cheerful. These character combinations cannot fail to succeed, it’s just a matter of time and how many fasts they can do. I hope one day that we will all meet our goals and we help lots of other obese people through the misery that being ‘fat’ brings to personal happiness and health. Fasttrackers take a bow you all deserve it.

Morning/evening all.
    As usual lots of interesting posts to read. I have hung the pink jeans up in the hall so I have to walk past them every time I go to the kitchen!

Purple, I was 60kg in my late teens/early 20s, but figure I might look better now if I’m a bit heavier, but it is impossible to know until I get there. I need to work harder on getting there before I can make that decision. Everyone is doing so well, and it helps that this thread is a source of information, support, encouagement, consolation,humour and friendship. We are all very lucky people.
    Off to the gym ๐Ÿ˜›
    Have a good one everybody ๐Ÿ™‚

You’ll do it Amazon ๐Ÿ˜‰ P

Of course she will, we all will, just like all of you Maintainers! Fasting is a fabulous tool for weight loss/control, and as RT stated, we have all learnt the skill! I am NEVER going back!

I like your style, Nama ๐Ÿ˜†

RT and Nama

Referring to appearance, my dentist told me I looked slim and fit, without being scrawny or gaunt. He was more tactful than that. ๐Ÿ˜‰ but that was the general idea. We had quite a long and positive conversation about IF.

The dentist said that half the partners in the practice have stayed with IF for a year, and have now moved on to 6:1 for maintenance.

Best wishes to you, jojo, Smiffy and Wee and Purple. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Amazon, you will get there. Determination and grit which you have. ๐Ÿ™„

Cheers, Bay ๐Ÿ™‚

Wish I could do emoticons! (too lazy to learn). Thanks Purple. Your input to this thread is invaluable.

Bay he should have discounted your treatment, you should have gotten a consultancy fee!

Nama, I reckon! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hi everybody ,

As RT put it โ€œNo food tastes as good as being slim feelsโ€ what a nice quote!

I have started few days a go but couldn’t cope and off the fasting now. today should have been fasting but started with wrong eating. I will try to come back gradually and hope it works.

Cheers everyone,

Tasa

Tesa it takes a bit of getting used to pal BUT stick with it as it is just soooo worth it . . The beauty of this Way Of Life is that if you can’t do a fast on a certain day then try the next day . I actually look forward to my fasts now .

SAMM thank you so much for that info I do a lot of gluten free as my eldest who is 52 has Coeliac ( he was born with it ). He has now been married for 27 years and about 8 years ago his wife was diagnosed with it too and in the last couple of years so have our granddaughters ages 20 and 25 .I am sure you know that it isn’t something contagious so what are the odds of his wife getting it too .

My OH family originated from Ireland and so did our lovely DIL’s. I did some reasearch many years ago and the say Coeliac originated from Ireland .

I also eat lots of green veg and fish pal I think that helps .

SAMM thank you so much for going to that trouble to find things out for me xx

Sorry I forgot to say good morning to everyone . Off shortly to get my Lovely Dad . I hope his is up lol . I love to take him out and spend quality time with him . He is slowing down a lot now ( allowed at 97 ) we have to make every day special . I love when we walk into his place and he looks up and the huge smile on his face when he sees us is better than any win on the LOTO could ever be

Wee xx

Hi Wee,

Have a lovely day with your Dad. You are so lucky to have him and he is so lucky to have you! But really its not all luck is it? You wouldn’t be wanting to spend so much time with him if he wasn’t a lovely Dad.

Tasa welcome and take note of Wee’s advice. It is tricky at first but it does get easier, slowly. Don’t give up. If you need to lose weight, you wont find a better way. Just be patient with yourself. Many people on this thread have been fasting very successfully for a long time and they will all tell you it wasn’t easy at first. But we all intend to make it a permanent part of our life as it makes us feel so good and so in control. Start slowly and gradually build up, you will get there and you will feel great. And hang around here if you need support.

Now I need a technique to manage my ironing!!

Afternoon all.
    Back from the gym after experimenting with some HIIT. I’m tired but very pleased with what I managed to do today and how much I’ve achieved in three months. I would never have dreamed that I could cope with the level of exercise that I’m doing. Anything is possible ๐Ÿ˜›

Thanks to everyone for your encouragement, I know I can do it too, but my willpower has been walkabout!

My thumbs are much better today, which is a blessing.

I’m not fasting today but limiting calories to 1200, and unlike last week, I’m sticking to it ๐Ÿ™‚

Amazon at the rate you are going the pink jeans are going to be too big pal .

We had a lovely wee drive with Dad today . We went up past the Cromlix Hotel where Andy Murray Had his wedding reception , he owns the hotel . Dad used to be a driver and he loves to be in the car ๐Ÿ™‚

Got some bad news today . OH young brother who is in Australia Died today . He left Scotland when he was 18 and he is now 60 we have never seen him since . He was such a lovely guy . There were 15 years between him and OH who was like a Dad to him when he was wee . He was far away in miles but always in our hearts . Just so so sad . He has had cancer for a few years and it went into remission a couple of times but not this time .I always appreciate the family I have but even more so at a time like this .
    Tell people you love them when you have them as you never know what tomorrow will bring

Wee xx

Hi Wee,
    Sorry to hear your sad news. Life is tough sometimes, and you are right, it is important to tell people you love them. XXX

So sorry to hear that, Wee. Condolences to you and your family. <3

Wee,
    Sad news is not always easy to take. I am going to give my family members big hugs today. Life is short.
    Tasa I love your quote. Bayleaf- I am going to the dentist on Friday. Hope your mouth feels better.

Thanks guys . This is a wee poem I wrote many years ago . It came back to my mind today xx

IF THERE’S SOMEONE SPECIAL

If there’s someone special
    Tell them that you care
    Because when comes tomorrow
    They just might not be there
    Don’t leave until tomorrow
    What can be said today
    You just put your arms around them
    And this is what you say
    I hope you know I love you
    I just want you to know
    So please don’t feel embarrassed
    If your feelings you do show

Wee xx

Good evening all,
    Sorry to hear your news Wee, Smiffy and I will be thinking of you this evening.

We did two museums this morning and the beach this afternoon, lovely shade of light brown now, tinged with a little red in places the factor 15 did not reach. Just made a nice salad for tea, we won’t discuss dessert or the cocktail we had at the beach bar. Smiffy is a very, very bad influence.

Playing cards this evening and beach again tomorrow, I love La Rochelle.

Great to hear you are having fun and exploring Jojo and Smiffy is your daughter still with you Jojo ?. Great you have the sunshine . It is cold wet and miserable here . I am sitting with the heating on and my fluffy socks on my feet ๐Ÿ™‚

Wee xx

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA and Hello World (You know Who You) ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Wee sad news regards Mr Wee brother and so far away 52 years since you last seen him but love is all around us a beautiful poem that is now copied and pasted into my big book of stuff may he RIP
    Bay you champ there arenโ€™t too many around here that has the height to waist 50% ratio certainly not me I know that one although I drink enough green tea to sink a battle ship thanks to SAMMs research and very slowly some visceral fat is diminishing I am a little bit chuffed I have upgraded the belt to one of those that you slip into the clip and pull through as need then click off as it looks much more better (howโ€™s that gooda English) wordsmiths ๐Ÿ˜‰
    A great fast day yesterday the weather is all over the place 30deg here today lovely chubbly
    ok
    โ€œThere are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called Yesterday and the other is called Tomorrow. Today is the right day to Love, Believe, Do and mostly Live.โ€
    โ€• Dalai Lama XIV

Peace RT

Little Wee, we love you,
    Weโ€™ll take your words to heart.
    Donโ€™t take your life for granted
    Hold, love and care. Donโ€™t part.
    When life throws up a shadow,
    Look for the light behind.
    For far too soon itโ€™s over
    Enjoy. Laugh, live. Be kind.
    Purple

Awwww purple that is so beautiful ..Thank you so much pal xx

RT thank you too pal xx

Wee xx

Wee, sorry to hear your sad news. I realised when my Mum died (only in her early 70s) that it’s all too easy to take it for granted that the people you love will always be around.

RT, I can also lay claim to a healthy waist: height ratio, but then I’m a pear not an apple ๐Ÿ™‚

Amazon, so pleased you’re exercise regime is reaping rewards. I know you want to lose a bit more fat, but fit and overweight trumps thin and unfit any day.

Jojo and Smiffy, glad you’re having such a good time (despite your annoying hip, jojo). Hopefully your daughter is also enjoying the break?

Bay, re: your dentist saying you look fit! Sounds like he just hit on you… ๐Ÿ™‚

Everyone else… Hello!

Wee I am so very sorry to hear of your brother-in-law’s death. So sad for your husband. If they were close when they were young, Mr Wee will always have had a special place in his heart for his little brother. Big hug xxx

Jojo and Smiffy may need to go in the Naughty Corner on their return. I wonder who is the naughtiest!

I’m in the waist height ratio group too RT. When I reached that goalpost, I began to truly believe I had done something to improve my health. As Bay says, this woe definitely burns up the visceral fat. Happy days! P ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 50 posts - 8,801 through 8,850 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.