LOBO (Wolf in Spanish) from Washington DC- My Journey

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
LOBO (Wolf in Spanish) from Washington DC- My Journey

This topic contains 25 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dudeinwashingtondc 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

• Dear all
    Firstly – a thank you, thank you….thank you from the bottom of my heart for being part of this community. The book the Fast diet will be my bible. you all my inspiration.
    this is what i promise to do
    for 1 Month – Nov 17th – through Dec 17th

1) attitude of gratitude for the gift of fasting. Upton Sinclair in is 1911 book on fasting (I am NOT an expert in fasting. I do not know what is a fasting. never bothered in my life to fast. I am going to be 41 this Jan 13th 2017. By serendipity i came across many months ago the 2 books i know on fasting – Fast Diet – Mosley and Spencer and Sinclair’s book. I am not going to second guess them. I am just going to follow their directions. I am NOT going to go to any other “google” search on fasting. the book, this website forum that is it) on page 3 says : Perfect health! Now who does not want it! and Not spend money on doctors and operations.

2) A general disposition/attitude of fasting: It is NOT numbers, counts, ounces, centimeters, etc. See today i just fasted. I had 2 cups of coffee with sugar, whole milk and some vitamins. Got up at around 3:00 am EST and now it is around 12:30 pm…I have not had any other food. I feel great. My mind is rested and not excited. It feels like someone is squeezing my eyes in a good way. I feel i am detoxing!! So i am fine

3) My weight is around 200 lbs but this is what i noticed
    on

March 2016

i went to the doctor and here is my report
    Blood test last week
    Glucose : 111 (should be below 100)
    A1c : 6.6 (should be below 5.7 percent)
    Triglycerides : 265 (should be below 150)

Now i believe in God and by Jesus’ amazing grace : Lord caused me not to eat chocolates, skip meals and eat less of Carbs and more protein – I stopped eating breakfast, bananas, PB&J sandwich, Cadbury bars

then again

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Lost 11 pounds. I was on medication for triglycerides for a long time and i did not stop. I did not exercise. I just lost weight that is it

A1C – 6.3
    Triglycerides – 123
    Total cholesterol – 112
    HDL – 40
    LDL – 47

Glucose – blood sugar – 99 – BG RANDOM IN THE REPORT

I seriously asked my primary care physician Dr. Robin D
    Everything went down…Dr. Robin Davis said this : absolutely true – weight loss influences all things!

THEN I ATE ATE ATE LIKE CRAZY!! LIKE A MAD MAN!!

Yesterday

11/16/2018
    BLOOD GLUCOSE – 183!!

So now i am going to see.
    and for the benefit of all i am going to fast well! and enjoy it with the meal plans in the book!

I will keep you posted guys and gals!

I think our own guides Dr. Mosley and Ms Spencer would agree on this

great man. Mr. Sinclair

This is not an introduction to a new device in patent medicine advertising. I have nothing to sell, and no process patented. It is simply that for ten years I have been studying the ill health of myself and of the men and women around me. And I have found the cause and the remedy. I have not only found good health, but perfect health; I have found a new state of being, a potentiality of life; a sense of lightness and cleanness and joyfulness, such as I did not know could exist in the human body. “I like to meet you on the street,” said a friend the other day. “You walk as if it were such fun!”

My vital stats for weight loss measurement
    Weight 200 lbs (I will confirm it tonight and be more accurate)
    Waist – 91.9 cm
    Hip – 110 cm
    Bust – 100.1 cm
    Neck 41.9 cm

feels good
    had one piece of fish today and 2 cups of coffee with milk and sugar so far..
    lots of flavored water

feeling great man!
    the attitude of fasting is amazing!
    i have already notices a change in my desire for food! i cooked myself good Indian/Jamaican chicken curry and rice yesterday night. Skipped breakfast yesterday.
    and today again skipped breakfast.,…
    the craving for food came back again 2 times..drank flavored water with Mgnisium for stress relief. put in vitamin C in my mouth and the craving passed away
    i am alert and it feels great
    11/21/2016 – time 11:05 am
    My doctor was immensely pleased that i have not smoked for 30 + days. took help from community called quitnet. I am on a 24 hour 14 mg nicotine patch and then having nicotine lozenges. all help seeking for the first time..Smoked about 25-30 cigs a day ..and started 15-16 years ago in USA when i first came to grad school and within Spring of 1999 started to smoke
    Now feels great.
    the little fasting i did in the last few days…I am able to bend and cut my toe nails without getting out of breath because my tummy was getting compressed..feels great
    thank you

i was supposed to fast today. But i went through stressful negotiation yesterday night. and got up late.
    yesterday before the negotiation which started at 8:30 pm EST i had a lot of chicken and rice.
    this morning since my tummy expanded a lot – i was hungry and had McDonald’s

Dudeinwashingtondc sounds like you are on the right track and keep trusting in the Lord!

my holiday mood is on me and of course overeating.
    but that is alright!
    happy thanksgiving!

Hi Dude,

Good on you for choosing to get back to your normal weight and improve your health. Which 2 days a week are you fasting? I agree with you that sticking to Dr Mosely’s and Mimi Spencer’s book and the 5:2 version of intermittant fasting, and not fiddling with other versions of it or other things. Doing 5:2 gives people the best and easiest way to get the weight back to normal and keep it there.

I have been on 5:2 for 2 years and am in maintainence mode after losing 21kgs (46 lbs). I fast on Mon and Thurs, and my health has improved and I am off my blood pressure has go e back to normal. 5:2 is very forgiving, so if you have a day like you’ve had with stress eating, you just get back to fasting your 2 days/week and keep going. If we have a breakout day, for whatever reason, we long termers often just do a fasting day the next day. Then, what has gone on quickly also seems to come off quickly. However, for me, I find the rhythm of doing my Mon Thurs regular days works best long term, so I change days occasionally but not much.

I’ll look forward to reading your continued reports🙂
    Onwards and Downwards ,
    Merry

That should be – off my blood pressure meds, and BP is now normal

YvonneB
    thank you , appreciate it! yes, that is a very sound minded thing to do – trust in God with all your heart (emotional center, seat of well being if it is sound) and lean not to your own understanding – Proverbs 3:5. (as AA repeatedly reminded me over the last 22 months – self will and self knowledge does not help us when the sh#$ hits the fan)

Merryme
    thank you! i have not yet started it – i wanted to do Monday and it did not happen – but i had a general attitude of fast. On Tuesday as i said difficult negotiations on Monday..so i ate. Today because tomorrow is thanksgiving i ate nicely at Mcdonald. 🙂 🙂 🙂
    so hard, but that is alright. I have good supporter like you and YvonneB!!
    thanks for saying about your fast days – Me personally i like Monday and Friday…
    also that is so true now that you mention it! 5:2 is definitely very forgiving!

thanks a lot you both for writing!
    peace and have a happy and wonderful thanksgiving with family and friends!
    Peace, ciao
    d

thank you Merryme..I did not know i can write a reply..my reply is below
    thanks

thank you YvonneB. I wrote a reply below…I did not know i can write a reply..
    thanks

Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving as well! I also look forward to future posts.

Been very good thanksgiving but very bad in terms of diet…ate ate ate…
    today again i had a very good but heavy breakfast
    feel all excited because of the carbs and sugar…
    i am beginning to realize the effect of food on mood…overeating is not good because your mind becomes so excited with all the carbs that gets converted into sugar!!

Lost 12+ pounds so far
    sorry, i was travelling out of the country. and lo and behold after i come back everyone was saying i look great and lost weight!
    so currently i am 188 lb. Praise Sweet Jesus!

the general attitude of fasting has been working well. though i had eaten all kinds of food in the middle east and India and Bulgaria and Cambodia i still lost weight!

Now coming back i noticed something peculiar: because i had eaten good food and diverse food Coming back to DC i have noticed i am not craving for the food here.

last 2 weeks i cooked and ate at regular intervals just 3 meals a day. Lot of water and vitamins (i have been taking vitamins for many years)

this week i am trying this based on suggestions and prayer

no carbs like rice and pasta and low glycemic food

morning – 2 large eggs – 160 calories
    some meat – – 400 calories
    coffee with whole milk and sugar – 150 calories
    afternoon – 1 naked juice – 200 calories
    some meat – 200 calories
    fruit – 300 calories
    evening chicken leg with some veggies – 800 calories

total : around 2200 calories

started Saturday and feel great so far
    I will post how i feel too

thank you for reading and God bless

Feels great!
    today my good friend reminded me of soemthing that i have thought on and off for say 2-3 years, maybe less – the spiritual effects of fasting

my personal experience : I feel i am less agitated. Have more self control over cravings of any kind. Taking more help from others. Much at peace

when eating indiscriminately : Oh the agitation and the cravings for more and more…

as a side effect i am getting these remarks : Oh you look so great! your face is shining…

happy fasting
    Paul

lost 2 pounds in 2 days

just randomly checked my weight today : 186.5 lbs
    it was 188.6 2 days ago

the diet mentioning on Jan 30th post is working well so far

Monday, Feb 6th 2017
    186.8 lb – ate a lot of rice – 2 times, 1 on sat night and Sunday afternoon , munched on backed pita with 2 cheeses and Tzatziki at Julia ‘s wedding, 2 chips packet on Thursday . Lunch outside on Thursday (i am just eating my own home cooked meal…), pasta and meat and 1.5 cans of soda and 4 sweets on Superbowl Sunday

feels good ladies and gentlemen
    feels good

i personally feel that fasting is good for me for my spiritual life and also it is psychosomaticly enthralling!

I was afraid of going to bed hungry for the fear that i will not be able to sleep. But i had a wonderful sound sleep a week or so ago going to bed on an empty stomach

because of the Superbowl, wedding etc. of the previous post…today and tomorrow i am going to eat only 1100 calories per day…then i have a dinner of kabobs with a friend of mine on Thursday…

have to confess
    ate a lot of carbs on the weekend and other foods – not junk but cooked well for the week
    did not have the heart to see my weight in the morning…

checked weight yesterday night
    184.5 lbs!

Did my first ever 24 hour fast last week! yahoo! Praise the Lord!
    but this long weekend i cooked a lot and ate at lot

Saturday – 185.8 lb
    Sunday – 186.3 lb
    Tuesday – 188.2 lb

isn’t that something!!

Monday February 13th 2017
    184.2 lbs at 6:15 pm after 10HTFF

Wednesday 183.2 lbs
    Middle of 1st 24HTFF

Saturday February 18th
    Ate 2 times McDonald and yesterday rich dinner

Sunday Feb 19th 2017
    Sunday feb 19th 2017
    185.6 lb ( skipped breakfast returned from Church at 1:00 pm )

Ate ate ate a lot on Presidents’ Day Monday
    Today is Tue feb 21
    188.2 lb

Thursday moringg right after restroom after getting up at 4:30 pm Frb 23 2017

Friday
    Ate chips and cookies
    1/2 cookie in SAG
    Morjung coffee
    Chips for lunch
    186.5 lb

Sunday morning at 5:45 am
    Ate 2 7 eleven patties and good rice and meat and coffee in morn .. skippped dinner
    Slept alright

Tuesday evening after swim and good walk 1.5 hours from house to swim to Safeway
    Tue feb 28th 2017
    184.00 ptl ptl naked weight

Wednesday evening march 1st 2017
    185.6 completely naked

Saturday: march 4th 2017 with cloths
    184.2 ptl ptl ptl

Wednesday march 8th
    Ate a lot yesterday and day before – 5 full meals and then on Saturday and Sunday – breakfast and lunch and IHOP etc
    186.4 lb

Evening Wednesday
    185.6 lb

sorry
    was out of town..
    i hope all are well

feels good to fast …
    and eat fresh salad..
    thank you Jesus!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply.