Lack of willpower and 8lb to lose…

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lack of willpower and 8lb to lose…

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  etherial 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hi everyone. I have decided to start fasting after Christmas festivities (something to look forward to). I have recently turned 30 and immediately as if by magic put on 8lb. I never had to go on a diet in a past, I did go through a bit of a fat stage in my late teens but it all sorted itself out without much effort on my part.
    I lead a reasonably active lifestyle: I work out in a gym and I work in a busy hair salon< so no time to sit down and stuff my face with cakes. I have very little idea as to why the weight climbed up and no idea as to what to do about it.
    Fasting has been a popular method of weight/health regulation in my family since I was very little and recently my grandmother recovered from quite a serious surgery through doing full fast once a week, so I am a complete believer. My problem is, since I never had to go on a diet before, I know that I have absolutely zero willpower.
    So I am asking for help, motivation, anything that will keep me accountable. The diet starts on the 28th (first day back at work) and after that I will try to do a 36hours fast every Monday (I don’t work out on Monday and I work 10 hour shift, which should make things easier).
    I will post my current weight just before the start of the fast.

Hi Catzana
    That is one reason we are all here – at some time in our lives we had no will power and a lot thought we wouldn’t even be able to fast two days a week.
    Yet here we are, getting lighter and shapelier by the day. Keeping busy on fast days helps me, also planning how to use my 500 cals sensibly.
    The other thing I find quite helpful is logging on to this forum and reading other people’s experiences. This encourages me, motivates me and sometimes even makes me laugh! And soon at least another hour or so of my fast day has passed by without my noticing.
    On 27th weigh yourself and take your measurements particularly your natural waist.
    On 28th start your fast and remember your fasting friends all over the world are doing the same. Most of us fast on Mondays, and its great to think tomorrow you can eat normally (not a ‘feast day’ just a normal day.
    Good Luck we are all with you
    🙂

lol love your positivity. Never dieted and so you say you have no will power.
    You don’t know yet.
    All you have to do is to decide to do this and then do it.
    Just committ, promise yourself that you will stick to it and do it.
    This is the simplest diet to follow (though somedays it feels like the hardest – fasting today – yay).
    Look forward to the 28th – you can do it as long as you believe you can.

Hey Cat!
    Well already saying you have no willpower before even beginning almost sounds like setting yourself up for failure 😉 You have to believe it’ll be fine, especially as you’ve seen people do it so successfully right in front of your eyes!

But yeah, just keep us posted, update this thread and find some way you are comfortable measuring your progress. Then it’ll be fine 🙂

Hey ladies,

Thanks for the support and words of wisdom.
    Unfortunately my lack of willpower is not a figment of my imagination, it’s a sad fact. I witness it every day when promise myself not to eat another slice of cheese or go for a run.
    But anyway.
    As is stands I did a mini fast on the 28th which was a 24 hour fast as opposed to 36 originally planned and I was so busy at work that barely noticed it. But tomorrow is Monday, I’ve already done eating for today, the last piece of food passed my lips at 5pm and I am planning liquid fast tomorrow till morning of the 31st.
    I have my dandelion root, my spirulina and wheatgrass. I do not have my measurements as cat-sitting for friends for the next couple of weeks and don’t have tape measure at hand, but I did get onto scales couple of minutes ago, although I prefer to weigh myself first thing in the morning.
    Starting point – 60,4kg
    I am terribly excited to be loosing a massive pregnant belly I managed to acquire over Christmas festive eating (and drinking).

Hi Catzana,

Congrats on making the first step with you Mini Fast! I am sure the willpower will set in once you start losing weight! It is such a boost when you see your weight going down.

I admire you for going for a full water fast and I’m very interested to hear how you get on with it. On my fast days I only eat one meal at dinner with around 500 cal, but I have never tried to not eat anything at all.

Good luck with it and happy new year!
    Stef.

Hey Catz, congrats on getting started! I hope today is going well. The best thing is to just not think about it! I know that’s terribly hard, but it’s possible. We know you can do it!

Hi, Catzana, welcome to the program. Isn’t spirulina some type of herbal laxative? Just curious.

You overate, that’s how you gained, but it’s not the end all, be all. You’ve come to the right place and we will motivate you and inspire you to reach your goals.

Just yesterday, one of my fast days, I was trying to justify having a glass of wine, and use the holidays as an excuse and then a feeling of dredge came over me. Why was I sabotaging my own efforts? Why didn’t I deserve to be at a healthy weight? What made me think my goal wasn’t important enough and that I could just sip wine? This of course, would lead to another glass and I’d gain and be depressed all over again? That’s insane and was Not going to happen!

My plan of action worked. I logged onto this site and read Michael Moseley’s words about alcohol and fasting and the encouraging thoughts of the people on this forum and the desire to indulge in the wine dissipated. The only thing I drank yesterday was lots of coffee and water. I resumed my chores and played with my hair and make-up. I’m safe and this site saved me for sure; good people.

So, it’s not will-power that determines your success on this program, it’s your mindset. Do you really think you deserve to be at your goal weight? Do you think giving in to your urges will sabotage your efforts? Do you think you are undeserving to look your fabulous?

If you really want what’s best for you, then excuses won’t deter you because you will have changed your mind-set and when I say changed, I don’t mean temporarily (the duration of the weight loss), I mean real change that lasts a lifetime.

I’m working on mine to keep it reinforced because I do deserve my best and if you want that, too, then CHANGE YOUR MIND.

Okay, good luck to you and keep us posted.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.