Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

This topic contains 7,125 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  Barata 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,851 through 3,900 (of 7,277 total)

• Sounds like good news Wi! Keep those knees up πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰P

Morning/evening all,

Hi Wiwi,

Fingers crossed all is well with the biopsy and I’mpleased tohearyour ankle isfinally responding to tretment.

Purple,

Well done on 5 years of IF. I started on April 23rd 2013 but keep falling off the wagon! I’ve got myself a new seat belt now and am (hopefully) firmly strapped on.
    Yesterdays fast was a breeze and I’m aiming for a repeat performance today. When I first started 5:2 everything seemed so easy and I didn’t think too much about it so I’m going to try to get back to that mindset.

Have a good one everybody 😜

You’ve come a long way in the 5 years Amazon. There is NO going back πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Hi Purple,

There’s definitely no going back. I never want to feel so awful and hate my body the way I did when I was obese.

I bought some English strawberries this morning. I am wary about buying them this early but I could smell them from the other side of the aisle so knew they would be good.
    They’ll go down a treat after my seafood salad πŸ˜€

Amazon, strawberries, blueberries or raspberries (with almonds or pistachios and yoghurt) are our dessert for virtually every non fast evening dinner all year round. It was the compromise for my dessert loving boy. πŸ˜‰
    I am getting up early to make some garlic, rosemary and seasalt focaccia for an ANZAC Day lunch. Rosemary for remembrance. P 🌿

Hi Fast Trackers And Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    I have bought a new large or big spiralizer and last night got my MasterChef on πŸ˜‰ zipped up zucchini carrot sweet potato beetroot and pumpkin very colourful one pan wonder pan fried all veg in olive oil and butter with garlic sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper then made 4 little holes cracked in farm fresh eggs and baked them dinner for 2 is served simple food cooked well. Just back from the Anzac Day Dawn Service good numbers great to the schools get around it the scouts and guides and our multi-cultural friends as well at my work we now have 28 different nationalities in the workforce and isn’t β€œthe last post” such a powerful piece stirring stuff.
    β€œIt is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    Peace RT

There was no dawn service in our house, I slept in until 9am (after a disturbed night)! Your dish sounds delish, RT, a tasty, low-carb wonder πŸ™‚

It’s a lovely, soft autumn day here, for our day to commemorate our fallen. I’m fully over my bug of last week, and the silver lining is that I am back down to goal weight after eighteen months at 2kgs over. So I am determined to stick with this, taking micro-care with OMAD if the scales edge higher.

Morning/evening all,

I hope you SHers are all enjoying ANZAC day, very important to remember and celebrate.

What is OMAD?

Another clear blue sky with sunshine but a more seasonal 14C today. Lots of April showers forecast this week.

I’ve done B2B fasts and both days have been easy so fingers crossed today goes well.
    I’m off to the gym this morning.

One meal a day!

Oh! I thought it meant you’d gone mad πŸ˜‰

Not completely πŸ™‚

Thanks Barata.

I could not work out what it meant which is quite funny considering it is what I’m doing at the moment πŸ˜†

I had a really good workout at the gym this morning which is a relief after feeling so lacking in energy last week. Anyone lurking who is worried about exercising after fasting, I’ve just done B2B FDs and never eat before lunchtime and I had energy aplenty this morning.

I’ve got some salmon for dinner today and lots of lovely fresh English veggies.
    The strawberries are causing me a problem as every time I open the fridge I can smell them and am tempted to eat just one……… 🀐

Strawberries are perfect to eat Amazon. When I first started 5:2, I was thrilled to discover I could eat a whole punnet (63 very healthy cals) as a breakfast. Who wouldn’t join an eating regime with options like that! 😊

Collingwood played great team football yesterday Nama congratulations and didn’t the yank have a blinder he was inspired that was great to see. Amazon the eat stop eat or 23/1 slash warrior diet 20-4 are the frame work for the IF is proven im wondering do you eat to TDEE on your NFD and to 500cal on your fast day within this eating window? I was on board the 19/5 daily and that was a great template as well I also found TEODD a useful lever with its one snack and one meal to 500cal every other day Barata the OMAD program your following how many calories do you allow for on your fast day and your feed day always interested ?.

TEODD, RT?

Thanks RT, a very enjoyable spectacle for a pies supporter! I heard ‘the yank’ interviewed by Libby Gorr last week, very impressive and down to earth young man.
    Aiming to fast today..currently avoiding cleaning the shower by reading this! Will keep busy tho..only way for me to fast! Off for a swim while the shower “soaks” then lunch with a skinny friend!
    She will have something that involves chips and I will have black coffee! Good friends get it, she knew me when I was 25kgs heavier!
    Amazon I agree that fasting does not seem as simple after a few years. The weight does not seem to disappear as quickly. My theory is simply that our bodies have gotten used to a lot less fuel and are much more efficient at burning it. Fasting still works for weight loss, but we have to be stricter these days!
    Belated congrats Purple and Mr P….what a team!
    Another strawberry fan here…I actually prefer them to a really sweet treat these days.
    Husband presently constructing some raised beds for me to grow veggies more easily and am considering some blueberry bushes… any suggestions happily received!

Hi Nama
    Also fasting…washing, ironing, reading posts πŸ˜‰ The cleaner is doing the floors and bathrooms. 😊
    It IS much harder to lose, once we are lighter, as a kg is a much smaller percentage of our total weight.😐 Our bodies are desperate to cling on to every gram, or even add some for backup.

Re veg…the possums love my leafy greens, even with netting over them! Chillies are left untouched! We have 3 different blueberry plants. They all fruited well the first year, but have struggled since. Despite watering, the drought isn’t helping.
    I have raised beds and find they need regular topping up as they compost down significantly. It makes for expensive veg, but I love picking greens and herbs fresh.
    Good luck. P

The
    Every
    Other
    Day
    Diet
    By Dr Krista Varady

All too much for me RT πŸ€£πŸ˜ƒ

The OMAD is something I plan to throw in when required, RT. It will be a normal evening meal with the guys, but no simple carbs, so no calorie count but probably well below 1,000 kcals. It may be that two FDs a week will no longer quite suffice, a la the comments above about percentage weight. I won’t be tempted by your TEODD.

My veggie garden is too enticing for the neighbourhood cats, now that Merlin is no longer with us. And as in spring, the sparrows have stripped my little lettuce plants πŸ™ so I add home-grown chard (rainbow silverbeet), kale and spinach to purchased iceberg for salads. Among lots of other stuff!

Morning/evening all,

RT,

I always aim for 500 calories on FDs and I actually managed it on M and Tu which is a good sign as everything has been such a struggle for so long.
    I had approx 1200 yesterday which is less than current or goal TDEE.

The strawberries are really good and I might have to buy some more. I had them with yoghurt and seeds yesterday but I also like with a splash of balsamic vinegar and a sprinkling of black pepper.

Time to get moving,

I was going to suggest the vinegar and pepper treatment, Amazon!
    Quarter to 6. .100gm sea perch waiting for me (and salad). We’ve just come back from a “gosh I’m hungry, lets go for a walk to kill the time before we can eat, fast day” thing. 😁 There are looming dark clouds and a chill wind blowing, but I doubt it will amount to rain. We 😐
    How are you going, Nama? (Same time zone!) P

OK here thanks Purple! Lots of talk and a looong black coffee kept me pure over lunch with my friend, then more chores at home so the day has flown. Looking forward to a big bowl of veggie soup when Mr Nama gets home.
    Needed to be strict today as spending the day with my favourite toddler tomorrow and have discovered a 100yr old bakery near son’s new home..
    There is an ancient scotch oven and the sourdough (and vanilla slices) are fabulous. Luckily Chloe has not learned about vanilla slices yet!

We have clouds gathering too…wouldn’t some rain be great! Though not too heavy please…I sowed some lawn seed 3 days ago, usually leads to a heavy downpour and seeds washing away!

Nana will have to introduce her to the delights of vanilla slices! They never did me any harm as a kid πŸ˜‰

Mmm they do sell 2 for $8.00 Purple, a real bargain when you note they are about 3 inches high! Maybe if there is a free table outside (for the mess) I could risk it…she is not old enough to dob me into her Mum yet!

That’s what grandmothers are for, Nama!!

πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜‚πŸ™…

Ladies! Really?! Introduce a baby to vanilla slices?! NOOOO. Hold the sugar!

I fasted yesterday, and broke it with homemade falafel. Very yummy. Made enough for lunch today and some in the freezer. Give me a chickpea pattie instead of a cake every time 😁

Disappointingly chilly and breezy again this week πŸ˜–

Hi again,

I forgot to mention the scales gave me good news this morning πŸ˜€

I had a great morning at the gym, cardio, weights, resistance machines, and stretching followed by a 15 minute swim and 10 minutes relaxing in the jacuzzi. I’ve not been in the pool for a while and really enjoyed it.

All I need to do now is keep myself busy until it’s time for my falafel patties and salad πŸ˜†

The sun here is glorious but the wind chill is not 🀬

Amazon,

Congratulations on another loss. Your hard work is paying off!

Re: falafel. I’ve made chickpea burger type things before, but using a tin of (or cooked) chickpeas. This time I gave them a brief boil, left them in the water cooling for an hour and then blitzed to make the falafel. It makes for a much drier and denser consistency and different texture. I’m wondering if eating them with hummus would be chickpea overload?! There’s only one way to find out 😁

Happy,

Thanks.

The only problem is that my hard work seems to pay off and then I fall off the wagon again. I’m determined not to do so this time though.
    Another successful FD and I’m going to make it another B2B whilst my self control is out of hiding…………..

Ottolenghi says that in Jerusalem they sell snacks on the streets consisting of pittas stuffed with (deep fried) falafel, salad, hummus and tahini sauce 😱

His recipe uses raw soaked chick peas.

IMO tinned chick peas are great for hummus but a bit soft for other dishes and when I cook them I make sure they are firmer, especially as freezing and defrosting them seems to make them softer.

My falafel mix kept well in the fridge since Monday and was every bit as good. I’ll definitely be making more at some point. I added some finely julienned carrot to the mix which worked well.

Hi Fast Trackers and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    Some ‘Senior’ personal ads seen in “The Villages” Florida newspapers:
    (Who says seniors don’t have a sense of humor?)
    FOXY LADY:
    Sexy, fashion-conscious blue-haired beauty,80’s, slim, 5’4′ (used to be 5’6′),searching for sharp-looking, sharp-dressing companion.Matching white shoes and belt a plus.
    LONG-TERM COMMITMENT:
    Recent widow who has just buried fourth husband,and am looking for someone to round out a six-unit plot.Dizziness, fainting, shortness of breath not a problem.
    SERENITY NOW:
    I am into solitude, long walks, sunrises, the ocean, yoga and meditation.If you are the silent type, let’s get together,take our hearing aids out and enjoy quiet times.
    WINNING SMILE:
    Active grandmother with original teeth seeking a dedicated flosserto share rare steaks, corn on the cob and caramel candy.
    BEATLES OR STONES?
    I still like to rock,still like to cruise in my Camaro on Saturday nights and still like to play the guitar.If you were a groovy chick, or are now a groovy hen,let’s get together and listen to my eight-track tapes.
    MEMORIES:
    I can usually remember Monday through Thursday.If you can remember Friday, Saturday and Sunday, let’s put our two heads together.
    MINT CONDITION:
    Male, 1932, high mileage, good condition, some hair,many new parts including hip, knee, cornea, valves.Isn’t in running condition, but walks well.

Have A Happy Weekend All You beautiful Losers πŸ˜†
    Peace RT

Oh RT I love the Winning Smile!
    ?Could that be because food is mentioned….

Talk of chick peas is making me think about one of my favourites, beetroot hummus..yum.

Happy I promise not to give Chloe a whole vanilla slice! Poor chicken has her 18 mo immunizations today, maybe cuddles will be more appreciated.

Ah, it becomes clear now Nama! β€œ2 for $8.00” isn’t one for you, one for Chloe…. it’s more like 1 and 3/4 for Nama, and whatever of 1/4 that Chloe doesn’t drop/ smear over herself… πŸ˜€

Mmm, my beetroot is just germinating in the polytunnel. It may be a while to harvest, but I’m talking to them every day.

RT, old age is just a number! I’m looking forward to growing old disgracefully…just have to get past this pesky mid-life stage!

Or maybe just smile at the Cakes and have raisin toast instead Happy! My son will also be there, one was for him!!

Well recovered Nama 😁 I guess I misjudged you earlier…!?

Morning/evening all,

It’s cold here this morning and I’ve had to put the fire on 😳
    Apparently we are in for a week of cold and wet and then it’s going to improve in time for the BH weekend. Fingers crossed………

All this talk of vanilla slices, tsk tsk πŸ˜‰

Today my priority is keeping warm so I don’t resort to eating anything before my FD dinner.
    The scales were kind to me again this morning which is helping me keep away from the fridge and I’m going to the cinema this afternoon to see “The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society” set in wartime Channel Islands which were occupied by the Germans during WW2.
    I’ve never been one for eating my way through a bag of something while watching a film and the lovely coffee they serve should hopefully quell the rumbling tum.

Amazon, I don’t know what you’re doing differently but it’s clearly working! Good work 😁

It’s been cold here too, and we’ve potentially got a frost tonight πŸ˜– I’ve had to cover all my new seedlings this evening, and I’m wondering if I might regret taking the winter duvet off the bed. Thermal top and thick socks for me tonight!

I’m in long pants and jumper and got WET taking the compost out!! Woohoo! My little lettuce and eggplants are smiling.
    14 deg here this morning …quite chilly (comparatively)with rain predicted on and off all weekend. Time to make soup again. 😁 P

Well it’s a beautiful sunny morning here! Only 4 degrees, but the sunshine makes such a difference.

It is all relative P. I remember coming home from Greece in July. We got home in the evening, still 18 degrees, but we were freezing! We had to put the heating on.

This weekend OH will be decorating while I’m gardening. Lots to do at this time of year. I’m hoping not to get wet P! The leaves are all bursting on the trees and the birds are thinking about starting a family… I’ve had a pair of robins mating repeatedly on the tree outside my office window this week 😍 And ‘our’ swallows and house martins have started returning, suddenly the skies are alive again!

Sunshine is the key, Happy, isn’t it! It has been grey and overcast all day. I have been cooking a huge pot of soup all day and planning my overseas trip. Real winter work! Icy hands and a cold nose, but I haven’t resorted to warming up with food.
    Your returning birds sound lovely. Ours never leave! I sometimes wish they would. When it started raining in the middle of the night, the hundreds of white cockatoos woke up with a fright and screeched and screeched for about 15 minutes! Crazy birds. P

Morning/evening all,

It’s cold and damp here this morning with a cool 9C forecast.

I don’t know what I’m doing differently Happy but this morning the scales registered 5lbs less than they did last Saturday. I’m guessing that’s 2lbs of fat and I’ll know when I weigh on Monday after a couple of mindful NFDs.
    What I do know is that it has been really easy which reinforces that it’s mostly about mindset and keeping busy. I was definitely in a I can’t do this mode and having worked really hard for the last 5 days I’ve reminded myself how straightforward it is and that anyone can do it with some determination and self control.

After the cinema yeaterday, we went into a bakery/cafe for a cuppa. It was 6.30pm which is way past the time I usually eat on a FD and it being the 2nd day of B2B I was really hungry. They always have something cut up into bitesize pieces on the counter for customers to sample and it was little squares of lightly buttered sourdough. I couldn’t resist but tore myself away after a couple of pieces.
    I’ve been wanting bread all week but (deliberately) don’t have any and no flour to bake either. I was worried it would make me want more today but thankfully it hasn’t.

Time to get moving,

Have a good weekend everybody 😜

I can recommend a pre dinner red and a few salted cashews to cheer the day uo! πŸ˜‰πŸ·

Morning All,
    I basically aim for OMAD every day but vary calorie intake between fast and non fast days. It definitely helps to reduce eating window. If I weaken (when others around me are eating biscuits or bread pudding)I will have an apple or low cal soup. Of course it means lots of water and tea, rarely coffee. I have had dizzy spells since waking up yesterday morning, noticed the first one in bed whilst reading. Trying to carry on as normal but they are slightly disturbing. My blood tests and blood pressure tests last week were within normal range and I feel well otherwise. I am wondering if it’s a side effect of Amytriptyline at night. Only taking 10 Mg at night to deal with nightly hip pain. Acupuncturist and doctor assure me they have no addictive or long term side effects at that dosage but I am not usually prone to dizziness. I may have a rest day today as I am a little concerned about driving. Dance class and bowls definitely cancelled. Just a little reading and TV if I can focus. Last night the words were travelling across the page so quickly I couldn’t read so I gave up and went to sleep.
    Hope everyone else is well and happy, coping with intermittent weather conditions. Love the jokes RT, growing old disgracefully is on my agenda.
    Nama- I have already decided not to be the Nan that spoils children with food but with old fashioned fun like a trip to the park or pool. I didn’t let my children eat sweets and chocolate gratuitously or as a reward and my son has never had a filling and my daughter has only had one filling. My mother rewarded with sugary foods and I have the filling to prove it. A nasty habit of scotch and lemonade during my teen years did not help much either. Luckily I have always brushed twice per day so still have all my own teeth but both my parents had false teeth in their 50’s, how times have changed?
    Overcast here today but Summer promised soon.
    Barata- Well done on disposing of that naughty 2 kg, keep up the good work.
    Amazon- we are in the same camp, I am just continuously losing the same 7 lbs. it’s very tough to stay in control.
    PVE, Nama and Happy- your veg growing is to be admired. I am only settling for tomato growing this year as I have far too many social activities planned, no time or energy for gardening.
    My oldest dog continues to be a worry, constant vigilance and supervision by one of us is a necessity. Lots of extra fresh healthy food and love is the only way forward, not a bad recipe if you are under weight.

Jo,

I’m not continuously losing the same 7lbs any more, I’m back on track and losing this weight for the last time.

Jo, I was having similar problems and only learnt with a new doctor, that my bo drugs were too high. Since I changed, I feel great.
    Re fillings…I don’t know about the UK, but any child born after fluoridation of the water here, has almost no fillings, compared with my generation that has a mouthful.
    Keep in mind that this wol is for the long term. Being excessively strict every day is a very hard ask for the long term. Develop healthy eating habits that you can stick to forever. Eat as if you have already reached goal and you WILL reach your healthy goal and stay there. Deprive yourself, and imagine it is only temporary, is the road to failure. P

Hi all,
    Thanks Purple, now you have me nibbling cashews as the dinner cooks! I hope you haven’t influenced those in the NH to drink a red for breakfast to keep warm!

Jo and Happy, you can relax…Chloe did not get near a vanilla slice! I took her to a lovely nursery which has a duck pond as well as a cafe, where she spotted the organic apples they were selling and requested an apple. She loves apples and happily munched on that while we inspected the plants. I am training her to be a gardener!

Re teeth, of course sugar has an effect, but no amount of brushing helps if you inherit weak teeth. FIL died in his 80s with all of his own teeth in his mouth and Mr Nama has followed on….2 fillings total at 67. My eldest never had a filling until a coke vending machine was installed in the year 12 lounge at his school. I think it taught him a valuable lesson.

We had brunch at a favourite bakery in the Dandenongs today, glorious Autumn sunshine and so much autumn colour up there at present. We were joined by youngest son, his wife, plus Jack the poodle came as there is a large outdoor seating area. This area is frequented by tourists and Jack was made such a fuss of! A Japanese couple stopped to pat him and show us a photo of their identical (standard, apricot) poodle playing in the snow in Japan, then an American couple stopped to pat him and tell us all about their volunteer role, training service dogs for veterans in Virginia! Add in about 10 children who wanted to talk to Jack and we had quite a busy few hours! Dogs are so universally loved. I do hope your pooch improves soon Jo.

My veggie growing will never be in Happy’s league, but I have advanced to growing them from seed this year, instead of buying seedings. Today I sowed silver beet and two types of Kale. The curly one, plus the Cavalo Nero that Wiwi was so taken with in Melbourne a few years ago. Hopefully they will do well over the cool months.

Hi again,

I love kale of any description. I like it steamed but it is also good stir fried in a tiny amount of oil with sliced garlic and chilli which is a great way to serve it up to the green veg aversion society πŸ˜‰

Nama, I always grew something similar to silver beet on my allotment and in the coldest wettest most miserable part of winter, there was always some ready to be picked and cooked. The slugs didn’t seem to like it either whereas they were thrilled to bits gorging on my cabbages!
    I really miss picking my own veg but I don’t miss the hard work in cold and damp weather.

The weekend newspapers are full of asparagus recipes but I’ve not seen any English stuff in the shops yet and am guessing it’s a bit late due to the recent weather conditions. I am so looking forward to it. Roasted in the oven, splashed with balsamic vingar and topped with an egg makes a fabulous brunch πŸ˜€

I’m going to try to stick with a single meal today as it has served me well so far this week. My weekend treat is Jersey Royal potatoes. When I was out for dinner last Friday they were served steamed, cut in half lengthwise then put cut side down in a pan until browned and just starting to become crisp. They were fabulous so I’m going to cook them the same way.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43822604

I don’t agree with all of this but the first point is particularly interesting.
    Maybe they should start giving schoolchildren kefir every day.

Amazon nothing succeeds like success that’s awesome 5lb in 7 days you are the elite fat burner at the minute here and are we all not just a bit gourmet in the kitchen these days wow asparagus
    Roasted in the oven, splashed with balsamic vinegar and topped with an egg makes a fabulous brunch
    OMAD Jojo and with Lots of extra fresh healthy food and love is the only way forward, not a bad recipe if you are under weight. Keep on keeping on 10300 steps done currently 2deg crisp yes but a top of 25 today let’s get our Sunday on Fast Trackers
    β€œNo food tastes as good as being slim feels”

Peace RT

Viewing 50 posts - 3,851 through 3,900 (of 7,277 total)

You must be logged in to reply.