Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

This topic contains 7,125 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  Barata 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,401 through 6,450 (of 7,277 total)

• πŸ˜‰ The kids weren’t πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Morning/evening all,

A week of 800 calories has been completed with a minor wobble when I found a pack containing 3 crispbreads in the back of the cupboard and decided to cover them with butter and cheese and devour them πŸ˜†

The scales measure me at 6lbs less than this time last week. Obviously half of it is water weight but I’m happy with the way things are going and I’ve got into the habit of saving 100 calories for milk in my teas and coffees and having a 150-200 calorie brunch and a 500-550 calorie dinner.
    I’m also pleased to find the skirt I put on this morning looser than it felt last time I wore it a couple of weeks ago.

I did a huge shop early this morning and came home with lots of fresh seafood, prawns, crab, salmon, tuna and some smoked mackerel.

It’s fish week at Chez Amazon 😁

I’ve always hated celery and it used to make me feel sick if I ate it but a few months ago I was in a restaurant and discovered what I was eating contained celery and I didn’t mind at all. I won’t be buying it any time soon but it prompted me to consider trying bulb fennel which I also could not eat.
    I bought some last week and made a salad with half of it and roasted the remainder. I’m not wildly excited by the raw flavour but I really enjoyed the roasted version and bought some more this morning.

I was reluctant to leave the wonderfully air conditioned supermarket as it’s been over 34C every day this week and very humid. We had a thunderstorm yesterday afternoon with torrential rain and things have cooled down a little overnight.
    Lots more storms forecast over the next few days with temperatures dropping to mid 20s from tomorrow.

Despite the heat I’m working out every other day and trying to keep active on the days in between.

Have a good one everybody πŸ€ͺ

Gosh, Amazon, you are having Sydney November weather!!! πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
    I love cooking with celery, and use fennel raw in salads and roasted, but as Mr P can no longer eat either, I never buy it anymore.
    Your seafood haul sounds great! (Says the girl who is heading to bed, hungry, at the end of a fast.) P

Amazon,

We’ve had 27 degrees every day this week, today is 23 and that’s plenty warm enough! Too hot for strenuous activity unfortunately, but not too hot to eat too much πŸ˜₯ I would happily take 6lbs off, even if half was water, as I feel like I’m ballooning rapidly! I need to lose probably 5kg now, which is much more daunting and depressing than 2….

Two fast days and five β€˜normal’ eating days just aren’t doing it. So I need to tackle the 5 days too. I have a fridge full of fish, veg and salad, and I need to get much stricter with myself. After a few years of easy weight loss I’ve become complacent and thought I can keep getting away with it. But clearly there are limits πŸ˜‚

I have told the baby bird that we need to talk about food,because I’m going to be preparing light meals for me and he needs to be more proactive about what he wants to eat (and, horror of horrors, he could think about preparing his own meals….). He will attempt to sabotage me I’m sure, as he doesn’t actually want me to be happy (why should I be, when he isn’t?!).

Happy,

I simply decided I’ve had enough of going around in circles and I have to lose weight now not next week or next month or next year.

After my carb laden snack yesterday I’m really hungry today and it serves me right for not throwing them into the food waste bin.

It’s time for the big glass of iced coffee.

⭐⭐⭐🌟 Amazon

Amazon,

How is your regime going?

I watched the 3rd MM programme last night, and was impressed by the improvements in health markers and weight loss that can be achieved in just 3 weeks.

…meanwhile, I’m consistently failing to fast and now have more like 5kg to lose rather than 2!! (Attempting to fast today!)

Happy,

Week 2 didn’t go well and the least said the better, although one of the conclusions I came to after an impromptu 6k walk on Sunday is I need to get out more.
    I also realised the cough linctus I’ve been taking to try to finally rid myself of the cough which is now thankfully gone, is full of sugar and I’ve not been including it in my calculations.

I had a really good day yesterday and today (which is the start of week 3) I woke up feeling much more positive and determined to make it as successful as week 1.

I was very impressed with the success of the participants in MMs dietary experiment. The improvement in health markers was excellent and the weight loss wasn’t any less so. I was shocked at the 11kgs/24lbs loss. How can that be possible?????

Hope your fast goes well today.

Maybe the guy that lost 11kg is super competitive and he was wearing a weighted belt under his clothes for the first weigh in to make sure he recorded a good loss!?

Today’s fast is going surprisingly well, considering how feeble I was earlier in the week. I am sort of tempted to try a run of 800 calorie days, but it would have to be one meal a day…knowing me ☹ And of course if it ran over a weekend, it would be empty calorie days from G&Ts 🀣

Things fell apart last Friday evening when I had a G&T and of course I then decided a second was in order which led to indiscriminate snacking and there are a lot of calories in nuts and cheese 😏

I’ve had successive good days so I’m feeling much more positive about my ability to stick with this plan.

I’m having 100 calories for milk, brunch with a maximum of 200 calories and the rest is for a decent dinner which works well if I stick to it πŸ˜†

Just do your best, ladies – or am I supposed to say women? We are out for dinner tonight (Thai, haven’t been there yet, supporting a local business), then tomorrow I start the Six-Week Optimising Nutrition Masterclass. I did the one in June, and it is so interesting learning about the macros and micro-nutrients we need for optimal health. Also lost a couple of kgs, and feel much more in control.

Travel safely, Wi, and I hope we can see you both before too long.

Amazon,

Nuts and cheese are fine on a low carb regime though 😁

Barata,

Great news that you’ve managed to shed a couple of your troublesome kilos! Do you think you’re just in a much better place mentally now you’re in your new home?

Yesterday’s fast went well. The key will be to not overcompensate today! World events continue to be a distraction, and I’m sharing a house with a miserable bu@@er, but I need to refocus on me. Putting on weight does not make me happy, therefore overeating does not make me happy, time to stop. Ha ha, if only it was that simple!

Anyway, I have a zoom meeting this morning, so if I can get to that without eating it will then be midday (need to stop thinking of it as lunchtime!!) and perhaps I could then push on through for a B2B fast…

Hi everyone,

Giving up eating first thing in the morning is one of my better decisions as these days I rarely feel the urge to eat before mid morning and it’s usually noon before I’m hungry.

Barata,

Well done on finally shifting those troublesome kilos.

Happy,

I’m hoping 800 calories every day will help break the habit of over compensating.

In the absence of baked goods ie bread, nuts and cheese are my downfall and I’m working hard on pretending the bag of peanuts purchased for a low carb Pad Thai are not calling to me from the kitchen πŸ˜† And if I’m not having flat rice noodles in it I am absolutely not giving up the peanuts!

The answer is to have healthy low carb snacks so I’ve made a roast beetroot dip and have lots of veggies to dip into it.

I’ve had 2 good days and am determined to get through to Monday without straying from the straight and narrow.

Wish me luck πŸ€ͺ

I have a bottle of salted macadamias that call out to me. 🀭🀭 One handful would be OK, but gosh it’s hard.
    Very cold and windy here, so I roasted a pumpkin. I’m making pumpkin and cauliflower soup for dinner, with plenty more for days.
    I find skipping breakfast by far the easiest way to reduce my intake, overall. On the days I do eat early, I am hungry all day.
    Keep up the good work, girls. P

Happy Saturday everyone,

I got up early and went for a walk with the idea of ending up at a much hyped one-off Saturday flower/plant market with lots of pop-up food outlets etc etc.

There were 2 flower stalls and a Bao van. No caffeine in sight……..

I am now home with a pot of coffee brewing telling myself I’m not hungry as I don’t want to break my fast too early. The coffee should do the trick.

Fingers crossed.

Have a good weekend πŸ€ͺ

Hi Amazon,

Disappointing, but at least you had a walk! Its dreary here with frequent sharp showers. I’m trying to persuade myself that I should go for a run…

I’ve done my weekly shop and had caffeine, so it’s now either exercise or cleaning… hmm. Or maybe reading a book 🀣

I didn’t fast yesterday in the end, but i didn’t overeat or graze, so all good really! I am fasting again today though as i feel quite positive after a few down days, and the weight isn’t going to shift itself.

Great that you were able to stay in control yesterday.
    I hate waking up in the morning and remembering I ate too much the day before.

I enjoyed my walk but had I known the market was going to be such a limited affair I would have walked further before heading back towards home.

I got up yesterday did all the ironing, worked out then cleaned the flat.
    It kept my nose out of the fridge and I sailed through my day.

I loathe any kind of household chore and simply cannot understand how anyone can enjoy cleaning. I don’t get any joy out of it once it’s done either apart from a thank goodness that’s over sigh of relief but keeping busy is definitely the best solution for preventing unplanned snacking.

There is tennis to watch from 4pm today so I’ll have plenty to keep me occupied for the next few weeks and despite being someone who has never snacked after dinner when I’m restricting calories/fasting I find the evenings most difficult so I’m pleased to be able to glue myself to the TV for several hours of tennis every evening.

One thing I am trying to do is eat different foods ie things I’ve not tried before/thought I didn’t like and try different recipes using familiar foods in order to ensure every dinner is interesting.

Yay, nearly springtime! The birds are practicing their spring songs – lovely.

Wi, how is your return trip progressing? Have you put your feet on NZ soil yet?

I would much rather be in the garden, Amazon, than cleaning house. Fortunately with just the two of us now, and no pets, only the minimum is required. There is usually a special burst if visitors are expected, but they have been thin on the ground in the last few months.

Stay safe, everyone. πŸ™‚

Spring is in the air here too, B. Freesias are popping up in lawns, the azelias are starting to bloom and the kookaburras woke me at 4:30am with their raucous laughter! Not funny, guys!! 🀭🀭
    Our nights are still very crisp, but we are getting glorious sunshine during the ever longer days.
    Big working bee yesterday to mow and weed. The first time since about March. It is all looking lovely, so we will head off for a bushwalk today as a fast lunch alternative. 🀣🀣
    As B said, I keep wondering how Wi is going? Hope you are back in Kiwiland. P

Hi Fasters
    Yes I guess you could say I’m in NZ. Thanks for asking Barata and Purple.
    However this concrete jungle of Auckland CBD could be New York. It’s the epitome of a gilded cage I am in- not even fresh air. I sneezed 5 times 2 days ago because of this air conditioning. Now I am on Covid watch, even though sneezing is probably not a symptom. Today I have walked 4k steps in the room, as I am not allowed out. I have cut out all the food extras so am a bit hungry actually.
    It’s lovely to hear your stories of spring. I can see one tree, a slither of Auckland harbour, and some sky. It rains all the time.

Flying across the world was strange. Singapore airport was empty, Paris very busy.

As you can imagine not much is happening though I have a translation into French given to me by my daughter.
    This is day 7 of isolation, so halfway there almost.
    Talk soon
    Wiwi

SO glad to hear you are almost home Wi! 4K steps is impressive, considering the restrictions.
    At least, with the rain, you don’t feel like going out? πŸ™‚πŸ˜‰
    Our family have COVID tests at the slightest hint of any symptoms, just to be sure. It’sa very simple procedure. I had one and got the neg result in a day. It proved that we are all suffering from hayfever as a result of the January fires. It seems the long term damage is far greater than first suspected. Asthma sufferers are particularly bad.
    Keep busy and the time will fly. P

Gosh, that week went fast (for us, at least!). Perhaps no so for you, Wi πŸ™ But half way through, and touch wood, no virus on your 12-day test.

OH got on the mower this afternoon, but a shower came over and he prefers to wait until the grass is dry later in the day, so another attempt tomorow. Of course, the shower was very light, and we have been enjoying the brilliant evening sun with our cup of tea. At least the leaves, liquidamber burrs and downed dead twigs from the trees have been added to the fire pile.

And talking of birds – there was a thrush spied on the lawn a couple of times today, feeding a fledgling!

We have a garden stuffed full of birds at the end of a good breeding season. A mixed flock of sparrows, finches, robins, tits and blackbirds wait outside the back door in the morning, noisy and impatient,for their breakfast treat (massively expensive berry nibbles anyone?!). But no spring songs here for another 6 months…☹ Just the long winter nights to look forward to… πŸ˜‚

Wi, glad to hear your quarantine ordeal is nearly over! It sounds dreadful, more restrictive than being in prison! I’m impressed with your steps, that’s a good effort in a small space.

I had a very good fast day on Tuesday that resulted in a satisfying drop on the scales. I’m hoping I can maintain motivation and fast today too. It would be very nice to actually end the week lighter than I started it. And I know from the past that it’s the second fast day of the week that results in the reset on appetite and satiety, which is sorely needed on my non-fast days.

Anyway, I have no shortage of work to keep me busy. And the OH is still working from home in the kitchen, which is a good incentive to avoid that room πŸ˜‚ So fingers crossed!

We had a gorgeous long fast-day walk along the river, then stopped for a black coffee (we always take a Thermos of hot water with us) and realised we were right near a magpie nest. They were busy dive bombing a Brush Turkey, quickly joined by a mob of Noisey Minahs, so we had to find a roofed picnic shelter to avoid also being targets. Magpies are very determined swoopers in breeding season. They can inflict a nasty head wound and apparently, this year, they are very confused by masks, so they don’t recognise humans that they can usually trust. They normally have good facial recognition. Amazing. The sun is setting. Another successful fast comes to an end. πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚

We spent a week in a timeshare in Bagara near Bundaberg in QL some years ago, hired bikes, and found out why the helmets have spikes on them – to ward off the magpies!!

We feed the sparrows, doves, quail and finches each morning with grain – a habit ingrained (pun intended!) from the previous owners, who left detailed instructions and plenty of grain. There is lots of food for blackbirds and thrushes under my mulch. I just wish they would replace the mulch from the lawn when they’ve finished scratching. πŸ™ The tui get sugar water in their feeder – also left by previous owners with instructions.

Hi Wiwi,

And there was I thinking the last 7 days have flown by.
    It’s all relative isn’t it.

I am however glad to hear you are back in NZ and halfway through the tedious but very necessary quarantine. I was wondering how you were getting on and despite the restrictions you must be pleased to be on home soil after so many months unable to get there.

I’ll be thinking of you every day and look forward to hearing from you once you are truly home. X

Good news that the Christchurch mosque murderer will never see the light of day again. I was hoping that this would be the sentence for his heinous crime.

You will be feeling the freedom of release from isolation today, Wi, I hope. Are you on wing to Wellington, or did OH drive north to collect you?

Spring is springing, days are getting longer, love it!

No still counting down. 336 hours is up at 10pm tomorrow but I’m leaving on Saturday at 8am.
    It’s not been too bad an experience and during walks you can talk with your fellow isolationees. We all agree that we are temporary sociopaths.
    OH is coming in a Mitsi. Still going strong.
    I am planning 2 further weeks of quarantine to eliminate any lingering French bugs.

Lovely evening in Auckland. My slither of harbour is apricot like the Sky.
    I have cut all food extras these 2 weeks and kept up my walking. I am a bit trimmer. But I was often hungry too.
    Counting down- 37 hours to go.

Roll on 8am Saturday! How marvellous! Your OH will be pleased to have his girl home, I’m sure!. P

Wiwi,

I was talking to a friend yesterday who has family in NZ and was saying I thought your quarantine was coming to an end.

One more night and you’ll be home. Are you excited? I guess you can hardly wait to see OH.

I’m still struggling to comply with any kind of caloric restriction after a really good start too Fast 800 but I’ll keep battling on until my mind and body get the message they have no choice!
    I hope everyone else is well πŸ€ͺ

Great to hear, Wi. I wondered if OH would drive up, and was going to offer a refuge for a few days if you felt like travelling further north. But if you plan to quarantine further perhaps that’s not the best idea. Let me know, you would be most welcome. πŸ™‚

Wi,

Great news that your long isolation and recent incarceration is finally at an end!

Amazon,

I was wondering how you were getting on with the new regime. Now I know!

I am managing fast days well, but non-fast days are still hit and miss. At least I overeat healthy food…! I have dropped back though weight-wise and am back to pre-lockdown weight… all the same, another couple of kilos would be nice.

The weather is all of a sudden feeling distinctly autumnal. I sleep better for the darker mornings, but the loss of light at the other end of the day is depressing. I can’t say I’m looking forward to winter and Christmas doesn’t hold much appeal this year.

On that happy note, have a good day all. Its work-time for me.

Hi everyone,

I was pleased this morning to see on our FB page a photo of Wiwi and OH happily reunited.

Today is another day of telling myself I’m going to stick to the plan.

I had a good sleep last night, was up early and have worked out.
    I’m aiming for a weekend of OMAD and as near to 500 calories as possible before allowing myself 800 per day from Monday.

I am wearing a skirt that is too tight and a top which displays the results of eating TOO MUCH in order to remind myself it is unacceptable to graze non stop once I start eating.

Fingers crossed as the next failure might result in actually resorting to banging my head against the proverbial brick wall!

I’ve tried that Amazon. Hate to say, it doesn’t work.
    Great news for Wi to be home safe after all this time.
    Keep safe, everyone. P

Not sure what didn’t work for you OMAD or wearing tight clothes but I’m being positive and believing whichever it is it’ll work for me.

Amazon, I like the clothes idea! It’s easy to get complacent in loose clothes and kid yourself, but too tight should be constant reminder. I have a vision of me out and about in one of my ‘thin’ pairs of trousers that I now can’t do up…!

I have fasted today, and it’s been easy. Still no idea why some days are so hard…

I have a week off work later in September, debating whether I should attempt it OMAD or maybe try for a 3 day fast. I need something to kickstart me.

I’ve got through today despite craving carbs and am feeling relieved I’ve managed to do so without falling off the wagon. I know the cravings will have gone by tomorrow so it should be a bit easier.

I shall wear the clothes of shame again πŸ˜†
    They will serve to remind me if I don’t lose some weight soon I’ll be very cold as my winter clothes won’t fit.

That’s a good incentive, Amazon. You certainly don’t want to need to go shopping for larger winter clothes. I presume the previous larger-fitting ones have been recycled? That non-stop grazing is a killer! πŸ™

πŸ˜…πŸ˜…It was the banging your head I was rejecting from experience, Amazon. πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
    Wearing tight clothes, and not giving in to loose and comfortable always works. P

Hi everyone,

OK Purple, we’re now on the same page πŸ˜†

Barata,

I don’t have any larger clothes as I dropped 5 sizes. I have a couple of loose fitting linen tops for covering up when it’s very hot but that’s about it.

I do have clothes I’ve owned for years as there was half a wardrobe of clothes I’d grown out of and didn’t want to part with in the hope of getting into them again.

So the skirt of shame fits better this morning but it still reveals what I don’t want to see 😬 and the top contains lycra so is clinging to every inch of flab 😢
    I’m surprised not to be feeling hungry but maybe it’s a sign my body adapts to fasting mode more swiftly after doing it for so long. Whatever the reason I’m grateful not to be needing to talk myself out of eating something.

I began an autumn clean yesterday. I’ve washed a rug, cleaned another and I now have a floor to polish and lots of cleaning which will hopefully keep me busy enough to keep my nose out of the fridge until dinner.

Why do we do this to ourselves πŸ€ͺ

I don’t think we have a choice, Amazon. As we get older we need much less food, so the only way to keep healthy, and not end up in the obesity/illness cycle of so many, is to have a system that works. We all know fasting works, don’t we?
    Keep up the cleaning…you’ll be fine. πŸ™‚πŸ™‚

Well I’ve been laughing to myself all morning at the thought of being done for indecent exposure having been seen out in a pair of trousers stuck below the hips and a shirt that won’t button up πŸ˜‚

I am not hungry this morning and am just trying to avoid the temptation to eat just because I can. More mindfulness required!

Amazon, I like the idea of an autumn clean! Sort of like getting the winter nest ready πŸ˜€ I haven’t put the winter duvet on yet, but we’ve had a couple of nights when it’s dropped to 5 degrees so that, and the central heating, can’t be far off. It’s seems to have gone very quickly this year from summer to definitely not summer.

I’ve got some autumn-type tidying to do in the garden. I harvested the last of the broad beans yesterday, peas to do today. Some of my tomato plants are already done so the greenhouse is less of a jungle. A few weeks ago I would’ve been out there already, in the warm sunshine. Today I’m having a second cup of coffee and hoping it warms up a bit first ☹️

Happy,

I’ve successfully put off cleaning the bathroom tiles (floor to ceiling on all walls) for far too long and there are one or two other things that need doing. The living room wood laminate floor is desperately in need of some tlc and there are one or two other things I would like to get done before I turn on the CH and curl up on the sofa in torpor until spring πŸ˜‰

It’s definitely autumnal, cool early mornings and after the sun has set.

I picked the remainder of my tomatoes and nestled them in a bowl with a ripe one for company. If it doesn’t do the trick it’ll have to be fried green tomatoes with sausages and lentils although if I’m following 800 calorie days it’ll need to be a single sausage πŸ˜†

I have a few small courgettes growing and the patio is quite sheltered so I’m fairly confident I’ll be eating them next weekend and I picked some chard this morning to go into my veg and salmon stir fry.

The rocket hasn’t been abundant but it’s so hot and full of flavour a little goes a long way.

The flower beds have gone wild but I’m not pruning anything whilst everything is still in bloom.

Hi everyone,

Hope all is well with you wherever you are and whatever you’re up to.

I’m doing OK this week, day 5 of restricted caloric LCHF.
    Yesterday was tough as I woke up ready to eat anything and everything so I launched myself into domestic goddess mode and spent several hours washing, cleaning, scrubbing etc.
    Still plenty of things to do on the autumn clean list which is good as being physically active is the best way for me to take my mind away from eating.

I’ve kept away from the scales but I know something is happening by the fit of my clothes as the skirt of shame is now comfortable so I’ll need to find something a bit smaller to wear to keep me on the straight and narrow πŸ˜†

Your place will be gleaming, Amazon! I haven’t touched housework this week, and it needs it desperately. 😏
    We’ve been busy enjoying the glorious Spring weather until today, when it has been cold and wet all day. I decided to plough through a book I need to finish to pass on to my brother (he’d find it interesting too). When making a warming coffee, I found a couple of mini lemon poppyseed muffins, I’d made months ago when I had a cooking session with a young relative. They were taking up space in the freezer, so, warmed in the micro, with a dab of butter, they made a very welcome reader’s afternoon tea πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ I’d hate to see them wasted. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€P

Amazon,

That’s great news that you are shrinking! I need to shake things up as the fast days are going OK, but I’m still eating too much on non-fast days….

P,

I’m guessing you must keep your coffee in the freezer because how else would you have stumbled upon the muffins…? Sound yummy though πŸ˜€

Happy,

I’m trying to avoid jumping on the scales too often as the fluctuations drive me crazy so waistbands are the way to measure progress with a weekly weigh-in.
    I’ve set myself a mini goal to have lost a certain amount before I go to Herefordshire in a couple of weeks.

I’m out for the day tomorrow so won’t be sticking to 800 calories but I’ll get straight back to it on Friday.

So glad you’ve solved the riddle of how one discovers frozen muffins while making coffee………….. πŸ˜†

And as for taking up space in the freezer 🀣🀣🀣

Actually, Happy, I DO keep ground coffee in the freezer! Although I usually drink Moccona. πŸ˜‰ I also keep grated cheese in the freezer. I saw the muffins when I was looking for something to defrost for dinner. I really wasn’t looking for a snack … I find them in jars in the cupboard, next to the Moccona! Mmmm…macadamias!
    My favourite pair of black jeans are my judge, A. If I need to undo them when relaxing in the evening, I’m in trouble. 🀭🀭 P

I bought a new pair of black jeans last year just before Christmas and I’m still unable to fasten them.
    They are now hanging up in plain sight.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,401 through 6,450 (of 7,277 total)

You must be logged in to reply.