Just beginning. 1st Fast day will be tomorrow (1/19)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Personal stories
Just beginning. 1st Fast day will be tomorrow (1/19)

This topic contains -1 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  BigE 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Other diets haven’t worked for me. And I happened to stumble across this type of diet and this site. I have an “all or nothing” type personality so I’m hoping this eating pattern is a good fit. Fingers crossed. Currently 6 feet and 209 lbs. Goal 190 lbs. Let the plan begin!

An update to my original post. As I sit here on July 9th, 2021 – my weight is at 187 lbs. I’ve dropped 22 lbs since beginning this 5/2 WOE (way of eating) in January, 2021. I don’t have to keep my fingers crossed anymore – I now know this WOE works! My original goal was 190 lbs, but I know that wasn’t aggressive enough. I’m now shooting to get below 185 lbs. Then it will just be a matter of figuring out how much fasting to do in order to maintain that weight. Can’t tell anyone enough how much I love this diet/woe. Amazing!!!

Another update as of April 22, 2022 – my weight is now at 178 lbs. I’ve dropped 31 lbs since beginning the WOE in Jan, 2021. This is where I want my weigt to be. Now just a matter of figuring out a reasonable “maintenance” program. 5/2 rocks!

Yet another update.
    Almost 2 years after beginning the 5/2 intermittent fasting plan my weight is still at a steady 180 lbs.
    Btw, had my physical this week.
    My doctor is still amazed at my numbers.
    2 years ago, my weight was 209 lbs. Cholesterol was 220. I was right on the limit for whatever that formula is that determines if you should start taking statins to prevent stroke/heart attack (I think they recommend it when the risk reaches 10%).
    This week, after 2 years of committed intermittent fasting, weight is down to 180 lbs. Cholesterol was 174. Not even close to the 10% risk line.
    My doctor’s interest was piqued as he was asking a lot of questions about how I do my 5/2 plan.
    He finished by saying my numbers look fantastic and just keep doing whatever I’m doing!
    Yea!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.