June 2018 Monthly Challenge – Hello Summer!!!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
June 2018 Monthly Challenge – Hello Summer!!!

This topic contains 933 replies, has 68 voices, and was last updated by  Anna6 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 938 total)

• Day 16, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Yesterday morphed again from a CD to a NFD but within TDEE.

@missibear: So sorry to hear about your furry baby. ๐Ÿˆโค๐Ÿ˜ข

Have a good Saturday everyone!๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿž

Second post:

@metatauta: Yes, indeed, so far all these wild fires were man caused.

@missybear: phone autocorrected your name in my first message. Again, thinking of you! ๐Ÿ˜ข

Day 16 USA (Illinois) NFD

I’ve been awfully busy the last couple weeks, and I’m sorry for being absent with comments and support. Hang in there, everyone – this WOL does work. I’m keeping at maintenance, but still get comments from people: “you’ve lost weight, and I’m jealous” just yesterday. It makes me smile how much 5:2 works!

Onward and downward.

Day 15, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Rainbowsmile yes itโ€™s all about preparing the best recipes for your family and making sure you donโ€™t overeat and donโ€™t go over tdee at least most of the time. Yummy ๐Ÿ˜‹ food!

Strawberriesandcream you marinate four fresh tuna steaks in four tablespoons of olive oil, juice of half a lemon and three garlic cloves crashed or as I did cut into small pieces. Leave in a bowl covered for an hour mixing the marinade with the steaks from time to time. I mixed them only once in that one hour. Then you grill them under a hot grill for three/four minutes on each side. I fried them in a little olive oil for the same time. This recipe is from Mary Berry.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Tomorrow weโ€™re going to Malta taking our son with us and meet our daughter and her partner who live there to have father s day lunch in our favorite sushi restaurant.

Iโ€™m trying hard to eat sensibly this weekend.

Onwards and downwards. Keep on keeping on everyone.

Day 16 – Nebraska, USA – FD

It’s been fun to read all the comments. I was particularly amused by whoever said they’d be out and about most of today and that would make the fast day easier; I find that to be true as well, and deliberately schedule my FDs for days when I have lots to do and will be gone. Not only does it help with resisting temptation, but our usual FD dinner takes all of ten minutes to prepare, so it doesn’t matter if I’m gone all day; supper is FAST.

@at, thanks for the encouragement. I actually started doing 5:2 in January 2015, and that’s how I lost all that weight. But then I got sloppy on FDs and hungry on NFDs and the weight has crept back. My husband does this with me (for health reasons rather than weight reasons), and that was wonderful when we began, but he’s being truly casual about it these days, and I don’t seem to find the discipline to do it exactly without him doing it right along side me…I need to grow a spine, I think, lol. Plus, our schedule as been absolutely nuts for well over a year now because of job-related issues that make finding fast days virtually impossible many weeks. But I’ve been behaving myself for several days now, and today is my first real FD in three weeks, so I’m looking forward to the feeling of empty in the morning–although, since I’ve had three weeks of misbehaving, I think “empty” is a feeling that will take another FD or two to achieve, lol!

I’ve been smiling ever since I read “Start where you are, with what you have, and do what you can.” Love it.

Have a great day, everyone, and I’ll be rooting for you even as I feel rooted on by you!

Day 16 UK Feast Day ๐Ÿ™‚

Yesterday became an extra FD bc I forgot to eat! Ploughing through a project thing and suddenly it was 10pm, dd en route to stay over and Stuff to get done. Delighted to have drunk c4litres of fizzy water and eaten about 340calories.

Today has been lovely – spacious, simple and with much-needed family time. The actual day always seems more important to my mother and my daughter than it does to me, great to spend quality time with them. A wonderful start to the day after a great sleep (thanks MO!) yoga & meditation. Enjoyed a simple brunch of fresh-baked bread, eggs, coffee, cherries & apricots sitting in the garden with dd – v sad as she’s just split up with her bf but some good, gentle grounded conversations. We walked on the common, had coffee and browsed in charity shops, took a bus to meet her friend for more browsing. Just got home again via a mooch on the common and expecting my (almost 80yo) mother for tea any moment.

@anna6 @redrockgirl1302 @debster251 @rainbowsmile @flourbaby @strawberriesandcream @at @shinything @borealis @metatauta @sarahbob thank you so much for you kind birthday wishes. No booze or cake for me today – – but baking a (3rd!) cake to share with friends tomorrow and a some booze planned in the future ๐Ÿ˜€

@debster251 congratulations on that skinny waist!
    @annamariav i so remember being a monster with children – my own and my friends! – and the wave of guilt that came afterwards. We are focused on being brilliant rather than the best we can be, which is Good Enough! I eventually found when i explained to my dd that I ws struggling with something & why (usually afterwards when I was feeling rubbish) she really valued the honesty of knowing that it wasn’t about her doing some terrible thing wrong and it became a learning experience for both of us
    @strawberriesandcream amazing forward planning! hope the party goes well – and your foot is better soon
    @sarahbob great post!
    @missybear i’m so sorry about your cat xxx

Here’s to a good day of being our best self ๐Ÿ™‚

NFD today. Got outside and did some gardening. It’s supposed to be the rainy season but so far, we haven’t had much rain and I’ve been watering. Our association planted new plants and while we have sprinklers, they only come on 2x a week. I’m trying to keep the plants alive by watering until they get established.
    Will be meeting with an exercise trainer next week to see what I need to build up my walking abilities. Already started the treadmill and stationary bike.
    Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Day 16, Emden Germany, NFD

@missybear Iโ€™m so sorry about your cat, it’s heartbreaking.

@michelinme Happy Birthday!

Day 17…NSW Australia…CD
    (7.50am Sunday)

Hi everyone, just checking in!

Loved reading all your interesting posts for the last few days – so encouraging and inspiring, some sad!

I wish all those having birthdays – “๐ŸŽถHAPPY BIRTHDAY๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽŠ

To all those going on holidays – have lots of fun and enjoyable times ๐ŸŽก๐ŸŽข๐ŸŽช

To those retiring from a lifetime of work – really enjoy each moment, spend more time with family and friends, and fill each day with fun things you couldnโ€™t do before ‘because you were working’ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ€๐ŸŒน

@missybear – so sad to hear about your dear cat – enjoy and embrace all your special time, and cuddles ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ

Congratulations to all those on a downward trend; also to all the rest of us for choosing this WOL to assist in improving our overall health and ultimately, weight loss! ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now!

Day 16 – SW WA USA – (visiting in Spokane) – NFD

A feast day and enjoying people more than the food. That sounds interesting to my ears. Of a couple of sweet things at the graduation celebration, I took one bite and left the rest to my son. The day still isn’t done, but doing well.

@micheline hoping your birthday was wonderful!

Day 17 Sunday NFD Auckland

Hello everyone!

Iโ€™m back after eight days in Hong Kong and an incredibly busy month. The city is a genuine crossroads between east and west and is fascinating. After Chinese the next highest population is French. All the shopping is duty free and if youโ€™re after big brands itโ€™s all there. The buildings are sooo tall, the first thing I did was look up how often they have earthquakes! Luckily they donโ€™t! There was a typhoon developing south of HK which meant clouds, rain and humidity for the week but the temp was 10 degrees cooler than usual, luckily, around 30C.

I missed one fast day only and ate fantastic Italian and Chinese food! Billyโ€™s art gallerists are Italian and looked after us like family. My weight did a u turn (surprise, surprise!) and went up even though I avoided breakfast most days. There were scales in our hotel so there was no hiding! Iโ€™m not quite back to my June 1st weight of 82.6kg but getting there…

I skipped across some of the recent posts – there are so many! Glad to see everyone is doing so well.

@missybear Iโ€™m very sorry to hear about your pussycat.
    @debster251 Billy Appleโ€™s HK gallery is Rossi&Rossi and his London one is The Mayor Gallery.

Cheers all!

Day 17, Brighton UK, FD

Hi ho, hi ho, it’s off to the gym we go.

Missing my aged pa today.

Mari

Day 17 Belfast NFD

I went to a wonderful concert last night by a lady called Kaz Hawkins. She is an ambassador for one of our local mental health charity and her own personal story is one of triumph over adversity. I woke this morning with her music running through my head and feeling totally humbled. We went out for a meal before the concert and we ran out of time to have a desert. What a saviour!
    @missybear – Iโ€™m so sorry to hear about your kitty.
    @annamariav great willpower. Well done for resisting those goodies.
    @anna6 your menus always make me salivate!
    Happy birthday @michelinme and wishing you many happy and healthy years to come. ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ’
    @Strawberriesandcream WOW! Well done youon despatching those pounds.
    Thank you @merryapple. Iโ€™m looking forward to looking that up.

My OS is here for the weekend and I sat up into the wee small hours putting the world to rights (no alcohol!) So short on sleep and feeling a trifle jaded this morning. I must be careful when that afternoon slump comes not to let that sugar dragon in ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ—ก

Have a good Sunday my fellow Fasters

Day 17, UK, NFD

I’m starting my post today with a line from Robert Burn’s ‘To a Mouse’:

โ€œThe best laid schemes o’ mice an’ men / Gang aft a-gley.โ€

The party was great and I did avoid the buffet – but OH threw a spanner in my plan by insisting we took taxis. I now have a very sore foot as wine leads to dancing. The cake was delicious.

Thanks @anna6 – I will let you know how my tuna steaks turn out.
    Have you now retired @annemarilyn?

All the best for a great start to the new week.

Day 17 UK NFD

Lots of delicious food and alcohol was consumed last night,however I don’t regret it at all as I had an amazing night with great friends. I’m feeling a little bit fragile today hence why today shall be a non fast day but it was worth it to have had such a great time.

Wishing you all a fab Sunday.

Day 17, Germany NFD

I sooo miss my eating habit today. I started this exactly a week ago. I know it sounds stupid, but it feels iโ€™ve lost a friend.

I try to focus on the positive side effects of eating less and doing 5:2. My skin looks better, i do feel iโ€™m slimmer, my clothes are not that snug any more.

Lots of parties this weekend, iโ€™m happy for you having fun!

Day 17…..Florida…..CD hopefully FD

So very thankful the week has finally concluded….Iโ€™m really getting to old to do 6 days in a row. After work yesterday, I did manage to get all my house work done well all except the laundry…. thatโ€™s one cycle that never ends…. just some towels and our sheets left so it should be relatively easy…..

Taking a slow approach to the day however, besides relaxing the only plans I have for the day is to meet my bestie for coffee….

Lately, I have been so off track with I am doing eating wise and health wise, I think that is why Iโ€™m so darn tired. I really havenโ€™t had a solid FD in a really long time.
    I did only manage to have lunch yesterday however, Matilda had her way with some fancy chocolates just before bed.
    I really got to get her back in her cage……

Well….Iโ€™m off to read some posts to catch up……

Japanese legend says if you are not sleeping at night it is because you are awake!

Day 17, London, UK, NFD

@rainbowsmile, Iโ€™m right there with you today, Fatherโ€™s Day today, then it will have been my dadโ€™s 93rd Birthday on the 22nd which is almost exactly 1 month before the 1 year anniversary of his passing โ€“ July 23rd. Iโ€™m not sure whether to remind my mum of his birthday as with the Alzheimers it could slip completely or sheโ€™ll remember and wonder why we havenโ€™t done something special. Itโ€™s easier to deal with my emotions when Iโ€™m busy thinking of whatโ€™s best for herโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ no wallowing here!!!

@bert1802, ODAAT is exactly how you need to look at this. You know when you started it was with just one FD and youโ€™ve built on that to become the fasting pro you are today, Iโ€™m dragging you back onto the wagon โ€˜ cause your seat is always reserved here!!!! Itโ€™s weird how quickly we forget just how GOOD we feel after a successful FD and how CRAP after an EFS or excessive NFD โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.. we KNOW thereโ€™s no comparison but self-sabotage is what led us to 5:2 in the first place!!! Stay strong my friend, the wagon is now fitted with leather seats, padded harness seat belts & fizzy water on tap โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ there really is no need to hurl yourself off again!!!!!!

Keep the faith people, weโ€™ve got this!!!!!

Day 17 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Spent some time with my Dad earlier (he is visiting with my brother who lives in a nearby village) and I am very grateful that I can still spend time with him. He us 82 and slowing down so every moment is precious โ˜บ๏ธ

I did have chocolate biscuits with my coffee though.

Relaxing for the remainder of the day. Have a good Sunday everyone.

@at thanks for the ๐Ÿค— for the 14th, I really needed it. Much better now.
    @bert1802 I am with you on not liking 6 day weeks. My boss and most of my younger colleagues work Monday to Saturday but I will only do that if it’s necessary…..I am way too old to work those long hours ๐Ÿ˜†

Day 17, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Have a great Sunday everyone!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿž๐Ÿฆ‹๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ˜Š

Day 17, Gozo, Malta, nfd

I woke up and put on a new white dress that I bought from Sicily, a medium sized one. My husband, our son and I went to Malta. My husband and I had a capuchino and got chocolate and then we met my daughter and went to eat in an Asian restaurant that served sushi and maki sushi. Maki sushi is my favorite. We finished with green tea ice cream. Weโ€™re now in Malta waiting to be boarded on the ferry back to Gozo. My two other daughters are waiting for us to arrive so that they see their father and give him their gifts when we arrive home.

Itโ€™s father s day today and both my father in law and my father have passed away a long time ago. I paid for masses to be celebrated for their souls. How I wish they are still with us.

Have a great Sunday everyone. Tomorrow is the first of B2B2B for me.

Onwards and downwards. Together weโ€™re stronger.

Debster251 thank you. I just try to cook the best recipes I find for my family. Take care.

Day 17 UK NFD

Late to bed after baking late cake and having late bath – I’m not very good at understanding how much time things take. Not sure how I started making a cake at 9.30pm.. or getting to sleep at 0130!

Amazingly I woke up to a bit of birthday whoosh! I’ll believe it when it sticks, but this is the second time I’ve touched down at 152lbs. Perhaps it’s listening to my body and drinking more water Friday & Saturday, so my body was able to let go. I wonder if my weight range has actually been v slowly moving down, but I was only noticing the top numbers. Worth remembering that every movement in the right direction counts as progress, however small.

Sadly the clothes I’d put out for this morning just hung on me – in a way that wasn’t on-trend oversize but simply baggy – so spent my yoga time in one of those trying-things-on-and-flinging-on-the-bed sprees. I can’t keep up with the combination of weather change and size change; as soon as we had a day of much cooler weather I was stumped for what to wear. I can now do super smart hot weather or super scruffy cold weather but not much in between!

Another good & gentle day with community & friends. Glad to share cake and be gently serenaded before catching up with a friend over vegan salad & fruit. Also glad to be home and able to rest and reflect! Going to look after Future Me with some helpful prep today for tomorrow and an extra early night. There’s nothing like sleep, and I’m increasingly loving that moment my head hits the pillow.

@snowflake @annemarilyn @debster251 thank you for birthday wishes ๐Ÿ™‚

Happy Fathers Day to all who are celebrating, remembering with love or saddened by absence or difficult times. I was born on Father’s day and have wonderful memories of two godfathers, wonderful community members, and of friends’ fathers who lovingly helped to shape the person I am, and much to be grateful for.

NFD today. Sunday is my day to weigh in and I stayed the same. Grateful for that even though I’ve been walking the line. Logging in on the chart, I was reminded that my goal for June was to reach 175. and I am several ounces below. Yea!! We have an awesome German Restaurant and we had lunch. I ordered the lunch menu plate and could only eat half. Which is fine as we like leftovers. I bought a “cool” shirt, suppose to help keep you cool in the heat. Will be trying that out as our summer is heating up. Off to go plant some new plants.
    Hope everyone has a great day.

USA (Nebraska) – NFD

I woke up down 3.4 pounds…I’ve clearly been overeating, that yesterday’s FD was so productive! It was a truly lovely sight when I stood on the scale this morning.

Today is a busy day: church this morning, moving stuff at church immediately after, and then doing more set up for a few hours this afternoon because Vacation Bible School starts tomorrow, and then supper at home tonight with our two adult sons (DD lives 700 miles away, sadly). We’re going to grill hamburgers, and I’m hoping we’ll manage to find a watermelon to go with it…that will feel like a lovely summer meal. A day with kids underfoot is always a good day.

Right now, I’m going to take a quick nap so I’m ready for the rest of the busyness of today. Happy Father’s Day to the dads in this group!

Day 17 – SW WA USA en route – NFD

Happy Father’s Day to the dads and those doubling as dad’s! Was able to reach my darling dad on the phone at a stop on my journey today. I’m blessed that his mind is still sharp & he keeps on being a growing human being.

@strawberriesandcream I still have tomorrow left & then it’ll be official ๐Ÿ™‚

Glad we’re together on this journey !

Day 16 – Japan – NFD
    Day 17 – Japan – NFD
    Day 18 – Japan – FD

This is my 43rd water fast this year (hopefully). I probably overeat by about 1500 calories over the weekend. I actually had ice cream twice, so I’m expecting a harder FD.

@annemarilyn – I will be flying into Spokane on my way to meet my soon-to-be son-in-law’s parents who live in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho for a Fourth of July family gathering. Never been to either place before, but looking forward to it!

Monday am FD Day18 Auckland

Back to the routine of Monday/Thursday FDs…!

Macintosh the Westie and I went for a walk this morning through all the city commuters. Weโ€™re living in a downtown Art Deco appartment on the waterfront. Itโ€™s lots of fun watching the ferries come in while walking around the harbour. A cruise ship has parked up overnight and a few tourists were wandering around. There is lots of construction going on including preparations for the next Americaโ€™s Cup yacht races.

Iโ€™ll start a pocket list for Monday to keep me on track!
    Have a great day one and all.
    @merryapple

Day 18…NSW Australia…FD
    10.10am Monday

Day 18, Emden Germany, NFD

@annemarilyn Enjoy your last day at work and the exiting start of your new life. Retirement is great, so many new things to discover, so much to do.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 18 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD
    1st of B2B

Monday again, and yet again it’s reset time. June has been a month of taking the foot off the pedal and backsliding so need to concentrate this week and shift weekend weight. Last week’s hormonal bloating did not help either. But I am in good form, raring to go, looking forward to good solid FD’s today and tomorrow.

@annemarilyn your final day!! Best of luck.
    @merryapple your walk with Macintosh around the waterfront sounds idyllic โ˜บ๏ธ

Pocket list day 18
    @merryapple
    @dykask
    @arelkade
    @daffodil2010

Day 18, UK, FD

Pocket list day 18
    @merryapple
    @dykask
    @arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @strawberries&cream

Enjoy every minute of your last day @annemarilyn – I expect you’ll be spoilt rotten by your colleagues.

Onwards & downwards friends.

Day 18 UK NFD

I’m not having my usual fast day today as I have alot on and I am cooking a meal this evening. So I will be fasting Tuesday and Thursday this week instead.

Have a good Monday everyone.

Day 17 – USA – NFD
    Day 18 – USA – NFD

@annemarilyn, congrats and I know how thrilled you are feeling to start a new chapter!

Day 18 UK FD

Feeling thinner today despite relaxed weekend of cake and stuff. I think my tastes have changed as i’m not craving sweet things, alcohol or even carbs particularly despite being v tired and late to bed. Long may it last! Yesterday’s late browsing supper was avo on toast followed by cucumber sandwich and an apple. I could hear the voice in my head saying that I didn’t want a slab of bread to make me bloated & the topping was more important, and I stopped when I’d had enough instead of unleashing the carb dragon. Weird. Now just need to work on bed times!

Project focus rather than usual Monday rest, read & writing day, plus colleague/friend coming to tea to talk things through ahead of a meeting tomorrow. I keep having people to tea on FD, so it’ll be another healthy-mug-cake-&-fruit FD. This week’s key is going to be prep, head down focus balanced with good self-care. Here goes…

@annemarilyn How wonderful to be retiring and opening this new chapter of different choices! Hope you have a lovely day ๐Ÿ™‚

Pocket list day 18
    @merryapple
    @dykask
    @arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @strawberriesandcream
    @michelinme

Day 18, UK, FD

I haven’t had a chance to post yesterday, and its the same today, feel so rushed ๐Ÿ™
    But I’m fasting today and just making a quick post for accountability ๐Ÿ™‚

Pocket list day 18
    @merryapple
    @dykask
    @arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @strawberriesandcream
    @michelinme
    @shinything

Have a great day everyone ๐ŸŒป

Day 18 – UK – FD
    Day 17 – UK – Feast Day ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Bad food choices all weekend – both Saturday and Sunday ended up being Feast Days ๐Ÿ˜ˆ so firmly pressing the RESET button today with a water, black tea Liquid FD.

@sarahbob – what a positive Day 16 post ๐Ÿ‘and a good night with friends is to be treasured not regretted!
    @borealis – I totally understand – I love, love dark chocolate raspberry truffles………
    @michelinme – best birthdays are those spent with loved ones – sounds like you had a fab day x and your “sadly the clothes Iโ€™d put out for this morning just hung on me” is a cause for celebration ๐Ÿ’ƒ
    @kaywesterman – we had lots of rain and much cooler weather over the weekend here – sure made up for the dry and hot weather we had for the previous 6 weeks!!!!!!!
    @arelkade – I always look out for your posts – they always sound so cheery and uplifting – thank you
    @merryapple – nice to have you back – your HK visit sounds fab
    @flourbaby and @bert1802 – that wagon sure sounds comfortable now – we might like it so much that hopefully we might never want to leave it๐Ÿ˜‰
    @stitchincarol – how fabulous was that 3.4lbs down!!!!
    @annemarilyn – I fully echo the sentiments expressed by @snowflake56

The sun is shining after a wet and grey weekend so that certainly helps to make me feel more upbeat – I’m off for a facial soon, followed by coffee with the girls then Pilates class and a yoga class this evening to keep me centred and focused – I CAN DO THIS WATER FAST DAY – feeling strong and positive!

Thanks to @merryapple for starting today’s Pocket List – I think I will need it to keep me going with my FD today after the weekend’s overindulgence………….
    @merryapple
    @dykask
    @arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @strawberriesandcream
    @michelinme
    @shinything
    @at

โ€œIf I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am nowโ€

Day 18 North Canton OH FD

@sarahbob that’s what we are here for ๐Ÿ™‚

@michelinme way to go. That’s a great problem to have, and I am so glad you had a fabulous birthday

During service yesterday, one of our members was sharing the benefits of intermittent fasting for health and weight loss, then he pointed at me and said “you know what I am talking about”. I was quite surprised, I must have mentioned at some point that I was involved in this WOL but I honestly do not remember. There were a lot of follow up questions and quite a few people are ready to give it a try including OH; which makes me very happy.

I am going for a water fast today, so I am with you @at. Adding myself to the pocket list

Day 18 pocket list
    @merryapple
    @dykask
    @arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @strawberriesandcream
    @michelinme
    @shinything
    @at (water fast)
    @basyjames (water fast)

Start where you are, with what you have and do what you can, the rest will take care of itself!

Hello all day 18 NI Fast day
    Pocket list day 18
    @merryapple
    @dykask
    @arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @strawberriesandcream
    @michelinme
    @shinything
    @at – water fast
    @basyjames – water fast
    @coda – b2b

Hope you had a great birthday @michelinme – would you share your mug cake recipe? Sounds good

@sarahbob – sounds like you were getting stressed and as we all know stress is a major contributor to weight gain.

@missybear – so sad to hear about your youngest cat

Trying to really focus this week as next week we are visiting number 3 son in Norwich and hoping to see a bit more of Norfolk while we are there.

Day 18 London, UK FD

Hello everyone and Happy Monday!

Last week was my first week of the 5:2 and I fasted on Tuesday and Thursday. I have had the last three days of trying to stick to TDEE which I think overall I managed (I did indulge in wine a lot more than I had planned to!). Hopped on the scales today expecting to be back at start weight and I wasn’t! 0.8kg down. I am amazed and so very pleased!

I am only working Monday and Wednesday this week so will do those as my fast days. Tomorrow we are going to see The Rolling Stones in concert. So excited, I can hardly believe it!!

Day 18, Rocky Mountains, US, FD

Have to hit the reset button. Weekend indulgences showed up on scale this morning. Constant lack of sleep does not help either. Not being able to sleep is so bad for so many things.

Happy Fasting! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Day 18 USA (Illinois) NFD

This whole week will be crazy … might get a FD in sometime.

Onward and downward.

Day 18, Gozo, Malta, fd

Iโ€™m up to 68.5 kilos though my Bermudaโ€™s fit perfectly well.

Fasting today but Iโ€™ve already consumed 650 calories.

Have a great Monday everyone.

Day 18 – SW WA USA – FD

Yes, last day of full-time public school teaching! Thank you for all the well wishes @snowflake56, @daffodil2010, @Strawberriesandcream, @metatauta, @Michelineme and @at.

@songbirdme – glad you’re getting to make it to the northwest of the country. I won’t be on that side of the state at that time otherwise it would be fun to meet-up. Enjoy!

Together we are stronger!

Day 18, Nebraska, US, FD

Okay, first off, a question: what’s the pocket list thing? And a second question: I keep seeing OH show up; what’s that? Or, from contextual clues, I should say, who’s that? I think I know all the other abbreviations, but that one stumps me.

Yesterday was okay, food-wise. I suspect I went over my TDEE, but not by much, and since we had two of our three kids here, and we were having a lovely time together, I am simply not troubled. I’ll save my serious discipline for less celebratory days! And I was thrilled this morning that I had only gained back 0.6 lbs after my big loss from Saturday’s FD. With today another FD, I’m feeling more like the self I’d become over three years of following 5:2, and less like a junkie who’d fallen off that wagon, lol!

Aww, @redrockgirl302, I’m so sad for you–I entirely get the poor sleep thing. Before I started 5:2, I always slept poorly, but once I’d lost some weight and was consistently having FDs, my sleep improved tremendously. Now I’m back to poor sleep–probably because I’ve been extremely slack on discipline and what I have been eating/drinking. Also, however, there’s a bunch of things going on (not bad, just busy) that’s giving me stress, so perhaps I’ll again sleep well as the busyness comes to a close. Have you tried a new pillow? That made a world of difference for me a year ago, and I actually adored my previous pillow. I hope you are successful with that reset button, and that your sleep improves!

@annamariav, I don’t at all think it’s stupid to feel you’ve lost a friend to have changed your eating habits so dramatically. Food is truly emotional–just think of all the ways we use food as comfort and celebration at both holidays and times of loss–so it’s natural to have a dramatic change feel like a real loss. Hang in there, and this new WOL will soon feel like your new–and dearly loved–friend.

@merryapple, I could see and feel the walk you took, and it made me want to do the same! Thanks for the lovely picture!

@sarahbob, that’s the thing I love most about 5:2, is that our lives are not driven by the “diet” but that the “diet” is driven by our lives! And you know it’s changed from a diet to a WOL when you simply change the day you fast. I have some friends who have tried 5:2, but they rapidly gave up, because they couldn’t manage to make it a WOL.

I’ve done my gym workout, and cleaned up (is there anything better than feeling clean after being a hot sweaty mess??) and I’m headed out soon. Have a great day, everyone!

Day 18, Finland, FD

After feeling great and light all weekend, today I feel blah and am struggling with my FD. While I am under 700cal, I am hungry and can’t stop thinking about food. Wondering when I can go to bed…its 6.44pm! Trying to fill up with water.. Night shift is really getting hard to recover from, my sleeping is terrible. I have magnesium oil sitting on my night table, just need to remember to put it on!

@louiseo46 thanks for the parkrun tip..I checked the website and there is one in Finland! Unfortunately the city is 2 hours away from me. If I was more of a get up and go person I should organize starting one in my area….alas…
    @michelinme belated birthday greetings!
    @missybear sorry to hear about your youngest cats illness
    @@annemarilyn hope last day of work was fun for you, and happy retirement

Pocket list day 18
    @merryapple
    @dykask
    @arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @strawberriesandcream
    @michelinme
    @shinything
    @at โ€“ water fast
    @basyjames โ€“ water fast
    @coda โ€“ b2b
    @kerryn73

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone-

FD today. Iโ€™ve kept busy this morning by working on ffusion glass. This afternoon Iโ€™ll meet with a trainer to get in better shape for our Europe trip this fall.
    Hope everyone has a great day.

Pocket list day 18
    @merryapple
    @dykask
    @arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @strawberriesandcream
    @michelinme
    @shinything
    @at โ€“ water fast
    @coda โ€“ b2b
    @kerryn73
    @kaywesterman

Annemarilyn happy retirement. Enjoy your well deserved rest.

I Day 18 Belfast FD
    A quick check in.
    Adding myself belatedly to the pocket list

@annemarilyn welcome to the best years of your life; wishing you a long, happy and healthy retirement.
    @dykask I heard there has been an earthquake in Osaka. I hope all is well with you and your family.
    @stitchincarol – OH is โ€˜other halfโ€™. Some people use DH – โ€˜darling husbandโ€™

Pocket list day 18
    @merryapple
    @dykask
    @arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @strawberriesandcream
    @michelinme
    @shinything
    @at โ€“ water fast
    @coda โ€“ b2b
    @kerryn73
    @kaywesterman
    @debster251

A good controlled weekend up to yesterday, when OS enticed me off the straight and narrow! So a quick Monday reset and back on the straight and narrow.

Have a good day

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 938 total)

You must be logged in to reply.