June 2017 30 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
June 2017 30 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,893 replies, has 168 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 1,895 total)

• Day 4 – SW WA USA – NFD

Wow! our international group is even more so this month! I love it!

I ate mostly mindfully yesterday; choosing popped sorghum with Ghee rather than kettle corn at the Farmers’ Market for example. Also enjoyed a gluten free caprese waffle rather than a sweet waffle choice, also at the market. The weekend market is one of my favorite places to frequent during this season.

@allie123 – is Houston your home and Indonesia & Malaysia where you’re working temporarily?

@mrssonb – preplanning is a great strategy. It sets one up for greater success.

@ciren2 – have a special time on your trip to the Holy Land. Look forward to hearing about it when you get back.

@okeydokey – I appreciated your thought in your post today. It is important to remember the reasons for embracing this WOL. I needed that reminder. The info on the link you provided also was great on the benefits of Fasting.

@awilson – welcome on the forum. I’m from Battle Ground, WA at this time. Whereabouts in Oregon are you?

@lagrandefouffe in China, love your sharing of how you’re fixing fish. Hearing what people are doing recipe wise, gives some great ideas. I look forward to trying some of your ideas.

@annemarilyn, I’m in McMinnville, Oregon just west of Portland. I love how international this forum is.

Day 4 – NFD – UK West Yorkshire

Day 3 – NFD

Woohoo weigh in yesterday 85.7kg finally losing again after nothing for 3 weeks.

I’m also going to track my measurements from this month as well.

Day 3&4 – NFDs

Day 4– Colorado USA– NFD

Having a terrific weekend! Gorgeous sunshine, blue skies, warm lake to hike around & throw tennis balls into for my dog to swim out for. She’s sleeping so well with all this activity.

I, however, am NOT sleeping well. My job has suddenly changed up for me & I’m not sure what to think or how to respond.

My Crohn’s had been in remission for 11 years, but suddenly over Christmas I was hospitalized for a flare-up & bowel obstruction. Happened again over Memorial Day. So I’ve been pulled from my full-time shifts & placed only on per diem (“as needed”)

It’s worrying because I lose all benefits: 401k retirement & paid time off. Plus, paychecks & shifts will vary wildly. BUT, it also gives me total freedom to say yes or no to any specific work days. This major change will delay our retirement plans a bit, but instead frees me up for more travel & camping now with my OH.

So there are pros & cons. I tend to fall on the optimistic end of the scale & believe things happen for a reason. Maybe this is The Universe giving me a shove in a new & wonderful direction!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘πŸΌ

(PS: I’m not as worried as I might be in this situation because I already have one new job offer & leads on 2 others that are asking me to come in to chat. Something good will pan out, I’m sure! I just need to envision how I see my future unfolding & follow that path.)

(2nd post)

Forgot to add, my OH is totally supportive of whichever choice I end up making with my job. He just wants me to get back to full HEALTH. πŸ‘πŸΌ Yes, please!

The beauty of having a highly skilled health care career allows for many options: full-time, part-time, per diem, Agency, Traveler….or any combination of those. It’s just making my head spin which path to choose. Simply because I fear change! 😝
    I enjoy a comfortable routine. But I’m about to get all shook up! Haha!, πŸ˜ƒ

Ahhhhh all the best for your health !

Day 4 cont…London, UK NFD

Indo-chinesed it today but surprisingly couldn’t eat as much as I thought I would be able to or want to … Even with the temptation of all the chillis ! Found the food so salty and am sure my taste buds have changed a tad since starting 5:2 …anyone feeling that too?

Anywho..had two heaped tablespoons of Mongolian chicken, Kolkata chicken and Chicken Manchurian (something tells me I was craving chicken but can’t work out whatπŸ€”) and a cheeky spoonful of fried rice. 4 small dark chocolate squares…and I feel too full for dinner but have 400 cal to spare. Never sure whether to eat up to TDEE or if eating lower all the time is a bad thing on NFDs..so will see…might have to devour a mango later on as it’s staring me right…in…the….face…

(3rd post)

My apologies for droning on about my job-drama. It’s just I’ve been around this thread since @coda started it last May & I feel you are friends. And I’m truly quite freaked-out & scared (but trying to talk my brain into calming down!)

And, it actually does relate to 5:2, I promise!
    The sleepless nights + corticosteroid prednisone + stress = insatiable hunger!!

For instance this morning, OH & I ate a good-sized breakfast. I got busy cranking thru chores on my “To Do List.” Then needed a break, thought it was time for next meal….but only an hour & half had passed! 😧 Yet I felt like I could eat a Sunday roast.

The ONlY things keeping me in check against this are: the accountability with this group & logging every single morsel of food into my “Lose It” app. I keep pulling it open to clearly show myself I’ve had proper amounts of calories & macronutrients. I am, indeed, not starving.

Thank you all for allowing me to vent.

[post removed]

@happymargo – you know there is no need to apologise whatsoever! Those of us who have been around on this forum for longer (and I’m a relative newcomer at 5 months) know we are in a special ‘space’. You’ll have lots of support through the coming weeks when you decide what path your life will take next. We’ll be with you each step of the way, holding hands.

2nd post

Just checking in as trying to make sure I stay under TDEE for today!

@mrssonb – you don’t have to eat up to TDEE on your NFD – listen to your body – if you feel full then do not force yourself to eat just for the sake of it – brush your teeth and drink only water until bedtime and don’t forget to “close” that kitchen door firmly πŸ˜‡
    @happymargo – Hugs are required I think, but you are so right in that your health is the most important thing atm. Those darn steroids play havoc with our “food” triggers but as @Strawberriesandcream said we are in a special β€˜space’ and you know that we are always here for you, so just keep checking in and there will always be a hug waiting πŸ€—
    You also know that being in a highly skilled health care career you will always find a job and it sounds like you are in a good position to pick and choose a bit….so try not to stress about it (I know easier said than done….) but I’m sure that fate will give you a good hand – you deserve it!
    @okeydokey – I’m with you in fasting for health and weight loss is a great by product – I am now off all my asthma meds but do carry them with me just in case but have not required any inhalers for the past 3 months either preventative or reliever – how amazing is that!
    @krisnia and @lindasue – thank you for your birthday wishes – I had a lovely day but did overindulge 😈so today I am trying to remain under TDEE and then go for a B2B FD on Monday and Tuesday!
    @songbirdme – how lovely to finally meet some friends who have remained virtual only to date – if the opportunity arises I would love to do the same – have a lovely get together with @coda and @chitowngirl
    @saffy420 – this “pocket wino” here did also massively overindulge in the πŸ₯‚πŸ·and no one was tapping on my shoulder especially when I finished the day with a Bailey’s on ice. It’s a good thing birthdays are only once a year! I’m on a FD tomorrow with you – promise to keep each other strong πŸ‘
    @lagrandebouffe – Hi with a name like that any French in your background?? I’m retired so had to learn to keep myself distracted on FD – I find keeping busy helps and I drink plenty of water regularly during the day – I tend to eat only once a day on FD = a small protein/veg/salad meal in the evening unless I’m doing a water fast. On NFD I never eat breakfast anymore but will often have brunch late morning then an evening meal – I have more or less eradicated snacking during the day but once in a while I will go way over TDEE still but nowhere as often as I used to. I am now in my 7th month of maintenance so long may this continue!

Thank you all for keeping me focused on what I wanted to achieve today – TOGETHER WE ARE DEFINITELY STRONGER!

There is no elevator to success! We have to take the stairs and every now and then we have to pause at a landing in between each set of stairs!

Day 4, Northumberland UK, BSD

Back home today and didn’t break my fast till 4pm, so while it won’t quite be a fast day calorie count should come in below the 800 of the BSD and start pressing that post holiday reset button. Toying with sticking to 16:8 too as have not gained much this week, less than a pound I think, despite some over indulgence, particularly on ice cream and dessert.

Day 4 l Johannesburg, South Africa l NFD

Preparing myself mentally for FD tomorrow.

OH left for trip to West Africa last night and I don’t sleep well when he’s away.

Went to see Pricilla Queen of the Dessert with my mother this afternoon. It was a riot and she loved it. Was a welcome distraction from missing OH and skipping lunch.

I think a change is happening for me. I don’t usually skip lunch but I felt well for doing it. I’m actually looking forward to FD in a way to see if I manage again.

Day 4 Portugal NFD

Should have been a FD but we went out for dinner and I ate too much! There’s always tomorrow!

Still day 4 –

Welcome @shaninia from South Africa – yes, you’re noticing some of the changes IF brings. I too look forward to FDs now. It was all so strange in the beginning probably due to for so long hearing the msg of : eat within 30 min of getting up, eat every 2 to 3 hours…etc. I like how IF gives the body a break. Plus there’s always tomorrow if one really wants something.

@happymargo – it is wonderful to have this place to share with friends. I wish you well in your decision making. Yes, we’re here as you process. Virtual hugs coming your way.

Hi, I’m planning on starting the June challenge tomorrow (it was half term last week!) and would like to be included please. I’m new to the site so could you please explain how to access the spreadsheet?! TIA

Day 5/FD/Melbourne Australia

@okeydokey great post reminding us of the benefits of fasting. Weight loss is a bonus of seeking to improve our health. I find if I focus on my weight, obsession creeps in and it really isn’t good for maintaining.

@at and @paulmarsh happy belated birthday

@happymargo please keep posting. Even if we don’t reply know we are sharing your journey. Hugs

There are some great recipes on this site for those who enjoy cooking or need a little guidance or don’t want to count calories. All of the hard work is done for you.

https://thepaddingtonfoodie.com/the-5-2-challenge

‘Pocket winos’ I’ve really fallen off the wagon lately. Hence the need to include at least two fast days this week to undo some of the damage. I’m also committing to no alcohol at home for the next two weeks.

Have a healthy and happy day everyone.

Hi all uk co down day 4 nfd

Have lost a little focus as I am distracted getting ready to go on hols. Making sure the boys have their must do lists. Excited to meet songbird and chiltowngal when we get to Chicago – can’t quite believe it.

2nd post

@pyfmum

Here is the link to the spreadsheet.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SLq0JjjWe8jvsiubsJSS8owJ-qYfGYtY1ceZPkWphLM/edit#gid=0
    Also read @strawberriesandcreams post at the beginning of this thread – you may find it helpful as it explains how this forum works.

And welcome

3rd post
    Have a great trip @coda

Day 3 & 4 NFD
    Scotland

I’ve got people staying so I’m swithering about doing a FD tomorrow. I’ve only done one so I feel like a bit of a fraud!

Off to plan my food for Monday or Tuesday. I guess it doesn’t matter so long as I do one of them.

You lot are seriously inspiring and positive, glad I found you.

Day3, Guildford UK on holiday in Madeira, NFD

My non UK friends already think I eat too little, but they are very active and at moment I can’t be.

My system is very muddled, and my thirst levels wacky. Don’t know if that is painkillers?

After being ravenous yesterday FD, today no hunger at all. I had to force myself to eat anything. I managed a tuna salad with sweet potato and later a tuna salad Sandwich with wholemeal bread I ate half.

Feeling very tired indeed.

Does anyone else have this? A non fast day turns into anew almost fast day?

It’s baffling as yesterday I could have gnawed the table I was so hungry.

Thoughts please?

Day 4 | London,UK | NFD

Late post as I can’t find any words today.

Tomorrow will be my first FD of June and i’ll try and come back with something a bit interesting to contribute πŸ™‚

Be safe my unknown friends !

Day 5 Tas Australia FD

Haven’t had the best nfd yesterday, but not worrying about that, just moving forward.
    I’m planning on doing a b2b2b for Mon, Tues and Wed. Thought I would start a pocket list if anyone else is interested? I saw @lynzm was too and that @at is doing Mon and Tues so will add you both if that’s okay? Please copy and paste and add yourself if you want to join even for part of it.

Pocketeers b2b2b
    @lou-belles
    @lynzm
    @at b2b

Adding myself to the pocketeers.

Pocketeers b2b2b
    @lou-belles
    @lynzm
    @at b2b
    @onahealthyhigh

Day 4 Texas FD
    UK Friends
    Hoping and praying that you, your friends and family are all safe! It is so sad to hear such horrible news! Stay strong and know you have support and friends all around the world!
    Strawberries πŸ“
    You are doing a great job! I don’t know how you keep up with everyone!
    Fasting Me
    Thanks for the advice about eating while on vacation! I will certainly try to do better next time.
    Songbird
    I know what you mean about trying to stay busy. I am now out of school for the summer and find it harder to stay on target without having to follow a schedule.
    All
    Got home from weekend trip this evening. Ate a lot yesterday. Will weigh in the morning to see what damage was done. Ruth Chris Steakhouse was excellent last night. Was not able to resist cheesecake! Had a fun weekend! Had to drive 5 hours to get home, so it was fairly easy to fast today. Just 3 hours until bed, so I know I will be able to make it. Keep moving forward!

@strawberriesandcream @at @annemarilyn @onahealthyhigh @
    Thank you ever so much for your kind & supportive words! They mean the world to me honestly.

I will keep putting one foot in front of the other, sort out the job situation, follow my action plans, continue to follow this forum & log all bites into Lose It app …and strive toward “Robust Health”!!

Day 2,3,& 4 Brisbane Australia NFD

Day 5 Brisbane Australia FD

Today is my first fast day – I’m brand new to 5:2, so any tips would be greatly appreciated πŸ™‚

I’m 176cm tall and currently weigh 100kg. My goal weight is 75kg.

I had an early dinner last night, then fasted for 18hrs before enjoying a poached egg on baby spinach and mushrooms for brunch. I’m hoping this will carry me through until an early dinner, for which I’m planning to devour a slice of mexican lasagna and a huge side of steamed vegies. I have some fresh fruit and small tins of tuna on standby, if I feel I need a snack.

Here’s to a healthier me!! Have a great day everyone!!

Day 5 NFD NZ
    @happymargo I can fully relate to your career changing stresses. I shifted from 10yrs of primary care nursing back I into operating theatre just last month and the lead up to all of that sounds very similar to your journey. I’m sure as you say whatever you decide you are blessed with choices that many others aren’t and you will find the right path for your career, your health and your life balance. Please keep up updated as you work through the process.
    I’ve had two very controlled NFDs followed by losing the plot a little yesterday when friends arrived to stay overnight with us in our holiday home.
    We have four adult, two teens, five children and a dog…only lacking a partridge and a pear tree!!!! Needless to say food, alcohol and excess of everything has followed along with all that.
    Back to a FD tomorrow to reset. My head is definitely in the right place to return to good control.

I am also thinking of doing 3 FDs in a row. So I am adding myself to the pocketeers.
    @lou-belles
    @lynzm
    @at
    @onahealthyhigh
    @redrockgirl302

Together we are stronger!😊😊😊

Hi, I’m in Sydney Australia.

I started June at 138 kg and was planning to try to lose 6 kg per month for the next couple of months. I’m doing low-carb as well.

So far this month:
    Day 1 NFD
    Day 2 FD (kind of – I had some soup that my wife had left out for me just before bedtime, which might have taken me over the limit)
    Day 3 NFD
    Day 4 FD
    Day 5 (today) FD – so far anyway.

I’m planning to do 2 or 3 fasting days per week, and about 2 moderate calorie days (around 50% of the calories I would need to maintain my weight).

Day 5 Shanghai, China FD

Thank you, @onahealthyhigh for the https://thepaddingtonfoodie.com/the-5-2-challenge recommendation. Some inspirational meal options for FDs.

Rainy day in Shanghai. Will pop into the market on the way home. Lots of lovely leeks in season and beautiful onions and peppers. Daikon for spiralising. I will avoid looking at the turtles which are for sale alongside the fish …

Beetroot soup for lunch (veggie box full of beetroot this week). Made this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/recipes/10769764/Morito-tapas-recipes-beetroot-borani.html on my NFD, but the idea could be adapted for a FD.

@at my username is a reference to a French/Italian movie which is truly gross (basically ppl who decide to eat themselves to death) but I found it very funny. Probably not a great film to watch on a fast day, however.

Day 5, Germany, NFD

Hello all uk co down day 5 fd
    Woke up early – excited! one more sleep before we set off on our big adventure.

@coda oooh good luck on your FD, mine too today!

@queenbee20280 Welcome!! Your FD meal sounds delicious!!!!

Day 5 Newcastle UK NFD.

Hi I’m a newbie from West Australia,Read the book twice need to put it into action, please add me to the June challenge

Day 5, Northumberland UK, BSD

Morning all. Planning to drown some dragons this morning and then open an 8 hour eating window at around 12 and keep it under 800 cals again today. Got some chicken tikka defrosting, and lots of lovely salad for tea, so should be okay.

FD was rubbish yesterday maybe first one on the weekend I was expecting a bit much,
    Today will be my first FD good luck to all fasting today.

Day 5 UK NFD

180.8lbs. Totally derailed yesterday’s fast day, (although still under TDEE, just shows how wrong that is) and am up nearly 2lbs:(( Not a happy bunny. I was tired and wet and the veg gave me some ricotta filled sweet peppers and I thought I would just try one or two and then ate the whole package and followed it with a pack of cashews with cranberries a lump of cheese and half a punnet of grapes, this after my fast day meal of bean stew with mozzarella:((

Day 5 FD
    Monday morning weather cloudy and damp here in Cornwall, weekend eating was controlled but for choc ice x2 hope for a happy weigh-in in the morning.

Hello everyone!

Day 6, Jakarta, NFD

It’s been a while since I traveled to South East Asia and the humidity just kills me – and I thought Houston was bad!

NFD for me today as I will be joining Indonesia team here for breakfasting later in the evening. It’s a tradition here to do breakfasting together with colleagues and customers in the second and third week of Ramadhan (first week is usually spent with family and fourth week is dedicated for the preparation for Eid Holiday). I am told to expect at least 3-4 breakfasting invites in the next two weeks – I guess I will just have to schedule my FD accordingly.

@annemarilyn: Yes, Houston has been home for me in the past 1.5 year-ish. I traveled a lot for projects and work assignments though; this month is South East Asia. Good for accumulating the mileage πŸ˜‚

Regards,
    Allie

Day 5 UK FD (B2B2B) 🌈

First day of my B2B2B (back 2 back 2 back, basically 3 FDs in – row). I’m busy over the next three days so I am hoping that takes me through. Plan: diversion, staying busy and drowning the dragon πŸ’¦πŸ‰.

Come on pocketeers πŸ‘ŠπŸ»Have a good day all. Keep on keeping on. πŸ‘«πŸ‘­πŸ‘«πŸ‘­πŸ‘«πŸ‘«πŸ‘­

Must say the concert I ❀️ manchester was brilliant last night, loved the message, “one love” spent a lot of it in tears, so emotional. Thoughts and prayers to all affected by Manchester and London senseless attacks xxx

Day 5 | London, UK | FD

First fast of the month and I have to say I’m ready for it.

Pocketeers b2b2b
    @lou-belles
    @lynzm
    @at b2b
    @onahealthyhigh
    @jmh44

Day5, Guildford UK holiday Madeira, NFD

Looking forward to a bowl of ice cream today and wine!

There will be lots of walking today. I continue to exercise my sore shoulder and wrist. The sun is shining so lots of vit D to make.

Day 5
    West midlands UK
    NFD trying 16.9

@annemarilyn thanks for the encouragement. Just what I needed to get my mind in the right place for FD

Day 5 – UK – FD

Let’s go for it this week everyone, be strong and stay in control.

Pocketeers b2b2b
    @lou-belles
    @lynzm
    @at b2b
    @onahealthyhigh
    @jmh44
    @yolina

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 1,895 total)

You must be logged in to reply.