Jump in June! – June 2022 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Jump in June! – June 2022 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 366 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  ccco 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 376 total)

• Day 21 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

Scale: 151.8 So a smidge better than yesterday, but not down as low as it should be after a FD, and that would be because it was a pathetic FD. My best guess is that I hit 1000 calories. But it may have been worse. sigh…

Today’s a new day, right?

Doing a WF will be a true challenge today because my piano-teaching schedule is very rearranged, and I don’t go nearly as late as usual, which gets me home way too early to be able to easily resist food. So I’m already figuring out where I can go after lessons are over that will entertain me, but not involve food. A gardening center? Perhaps, although I sure don’t need to plant anything else, LOL.

@michelinme Yup, it’s crazy-busy when we forget to eat! Hopefully, your Tuesday is a bit more restrained, although you sounded like your whole week was going to be as bad as your Monday.

@matpi Wow, what unexpected drama yesterday! If it was bad enough to deserve a root canal, I’m guessing that if you’d stalled going to the dentist for any amount of time, the whole thing could have been much, much worse, so I’m very pleased for you that you went so promptly. Who knew, indeed! The one thing I don’t get: such a procedure sounds like the perfect way to ensure a solid FD as eating wouldn’t be very appealing–or at least isn’t to me when I’ve had dramatic dental procedures. So what did you eat that turned it into an NFD??

@i-hate-lettuce I didn’t realize how far north you were. I just googled the latitude of my village, compared to Tacoma, Washington where I spent a summer as a child and it was light until 10:30pm, compared to your Helvellyn and they were, in that order: 41.3 – 47.2 – 54.5 WOW. No wonder you have such late nights and such early mornings.

@goal10kg Well done on your FD yesterday, and Avocado Toast with egg is one of my favorites!

@jaifaim We’re both on the list, and both had too much food on Monday, so I’ll dangle you–well, the THOUGHT of you…dangling all day wouldn’t be comfortable, would it?–in front of myself all day to ensure I follow through on my WF!!

@linda.b Something I know for certain from all my years fighting weight is that once you reach goal weight, your body will take a little longer (days? weeks? it’s different each time and for each body) to drop the rest of the inches, so you should fully expect to lose at least a little more size now that you’re at goal weight. And I always have the box ticked so I can just read messages as they come in using my email program… 😃

@northgeorgia For me, it was the leftover Father’s Day food, the Brandied Fruit Scones, the potato salad, the peach and blueberry crisp…It’s all nearly gone now, thankfully!

“It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.” I believe I need a new motto for June, so for the last third of the month, this will be it.

Pocket list Day 21
    @jaifaim
    @stitchincarol WF

Day 21
    The dinner I cooked stuffed up the weight loss😩

Day 21 UK NFD

Didn’t quite hit the 500cals goal yesterday, had to have a couple of ryvitas around 4ish but still happy with 650 cals , as it’s all about getting back into routines for me this week

Thanks for the explanation @stitchincarol 😀

Onwards and downwards

USA. Day 21. FD

Still maintaining, although this part of the weight loss journey could prove to be the hardest! 😫 That journey for me has just begun!!

I am still using FDs to keep things under control and counting calories, so I will add myself to the pocket list today. I am trying to work out of program and I am sure I will eventually.

Pocket list Day 21
    @jaifaim
    @stitchincarol WF
    @ccco FD

Hope everyone is having a great day! 😊

Day 21 – 16:8 CD

Again with the very hungry fast day. Argh. I skirted the 800 I allotted for the FD and maybe exceeded it. I’m happy tho. I closed the kitchen at 5:30 pm so that is still good. Generally if I get very hungry in the afternoon post lunch roasting up a few servings of veggies will suffice, but not yesterday I was just so hungry.

@linda.b I had to chuckle with your check box and emails, I too somehow did that this month. Was very disconnected to open my email and see the influx. About maintenance- lol, I’m making it up as I go along. I guess I don’t really see myself in maintenance- more of a transitional period. I chose a 3-4 lb maintenance range in the dead center of a ‘healthy BMI’ but I’m not sure that will be where I decide to finally place it. I think I’d look better with a bit less weight, but I have been warned that serious strength training may effect that too. Plus as @stitchincarol just mentioned, the measure tape might continue to adjust. And it is hard to tell, but I may still be losing weight – maybe <.5 a week, so my 5:2 800 might have to be adjusted if that is validated. My weight generally fluctuates 2-4 lb without truly changing, so that is why my maintenance range is that size. 129 is the top weight I want to be – and this month has largely shown 128.x on the scale, so I will keep with this for some weeks and see if adjustment is needed. Right now, the scale and a pair of tight hip hugger jeans (really a bad style for my body, but useful for this purpose) are my guides. If the scale exceeds 129 or I can’t comfortably wear this jeans for a few hours I will need to tighten things up.

Long answer, sorry, but I’m still trying to figure this out.

Today, the second meeting with the trainer. I’m just now getting over the SORE body from Friday, so this will be … interesting 🧐. I liked him, he was informative but not overly talkative- and obviously serious about his work. The gym is still a new business and was not very occupied with patrons which was good for me, as I am very self conscious- hoping the same today.

@stitchincarol you probably won’t see this, but my favourite way of spending extra time is browsing in the public library. I am fond of e-readers but nothing will ever delight me like the sense pleasure of browsing through books. A feast for sight, smell, touch, and sound (the quiet and page ruffle) – everything but taste!

So the hot hot hot day is calling. I miss living near a large body of water in the summer. But as today is not a FD for me, I will indulge in some wonderfully fresh ripe fruit.

Sending all good thoughts… 😀

Day 21 UK FD

Woop woop for b2b FDs! Another full on day @stitchincarol where I didn’t get food breaks. At least, I did when my mother came over for tea & I made her and my PA lightly toasted nut, raisin & cinnamon sodabread with vegan butter and berries on the side. SOMEHOW i managed to not make any for myself but instead have a cup of vegemite tea 🙂 That may be partly due to the fact that I weighed in this morning at 186lbs, 4lbs up on last Friday!! Partly the wasabi peas and partly Sunday’s bread.

Anyhow, I had a b2b day in terms of meetings and people and prep too. Made sure I drank more – 3 x black coffee, 2 x vegemite tea, 1.5 litres fizzy water – and had more lined up as I went into my three hour PCC meeting at 6.30pm, on zoom due to tube/train strike. In the supper break I defrosted vegan chilli and red carmargue rice with a tiny avocado and followed by strawberries – yummy. Came in at 600 calories but I’ll take that. Already feeling less puffy too.

Sorry not to be a chatty host these few days: it’s a heck of a week and the challenge corner is ticking away nicely now! Tomorrow I have a friend coming to join a zoom meeting from my house on her way to an evening do; hopefully traffic won’t be too bad and she’ll get here for lunch so I’d better actually have lunch tomorrow! I think baked sweet potatoes with vegan tuna or eggs and heaps of salad. Then another 9pm finish, Thurs 8.30pm – I’ll be so glad when it gets to 6pm Friday and I can switch off for the weekend!!

Pocket list Day 21
    @jaifaim
    @stitchincarol WF
    @ccco
    @michelinme

Day 22, NFD, Aus

WFH from home today and already have had to contend with puppy (well, she’s not really, but as the younger of our two dogs she will always be the puppy) stealing socks, pulling apart a drinks coaster and munching on the rug. She is such an attention seeker. I might not get much work done today!

Yay for the solstice. I like my sunshine so I am glad the days will be getting longer. I think the overly simplistic explanation as to why it will still get colder for some time, @linda.b is that the earth takes a while to warm up and to cool down, so there is a lag.

Happy Wednesday everyone.

Day 22 – Wednesday– Gold Coast Queensland Australia – (NFD) 🤩

Thanks to all who shared tips and for sharing your maintenance routines. 👍🙏

Funny, now that I’ve met my goal, setting a new goal to maintain is actually more challenging as I need to construct a new ongoing template just for me. After months of rigidly following my plan, it’s time now to reap the rewards and relax a little…. but not too much!

For instance, my relationship with alcohol… while doing my IF weight loss, I actually totally quit alcohol🍷🍷 …. zilch…nothing. That was never meant to be a forever thing but, strangely, now I’ve gone over 5 months without, I question myself if I really want or need it. I’m going out tonight (ladies night trivia at the local Golf Club) and am thinking I will continue to just drink iced water with slice of lemon/lime in a wine glass as I’ve done over the last 5 months. Quite nice actually!

The other thing was bread, albeit GF bread for me. Yesterday had a honey on fresh GF bread after my large salad and sardine lunch……. have been eyeing off that honey in the pantry for months! Yummm! 😛😛 Now I need to find a way to re-introduce a little GF bread back into my diet as should be able to find a way to have that occasionally without going overboard. Need to work on offsets for occasional treats.🤔🤨😏

I’ve proven to myself that I work well with a plan. When I have a plan it makes choices automatic without having to overthink at every meal and junction along the way.
    So I’m working on my plan for ongoing maintenance. I’ll continue with 5:2 … that works well for me but also look at NFDs and permitting occasional treats.

Just musing, thinking things through.👀👀👀👅

cheerie dearies

Love this:
    There’s another way to get back in control without ever feeling deprived or like you are missing out.
    A way without rules, shame, deprivation, or cravings.
    IF allows you to find freedom in your relationship with food WITHOUT feeling like you’re hanging onto willpower by your fingernails. 🥰😍🥰

Day 21 Second post

@mariaelena I did actually read your suggestion about the library, but it turned out I ended up with more errands than I had desire to run, so I was good without hunting up a library. They are indeed a lovely place to pass time; DH loves them and we often search them out on vacations.

My WF is going okay except that I have a raging headache. Lack of food? Busyness and heat and stress? Dunno. But I found “Spindrift” when I was at Sam’s, a can of sparkling water with carbonated water and fruit juices, and nothing more. I decided to take a chance on a case, and I’m quite delighted with them. It’s not exactly a WF since they each have 10 to 15 calories, but it’s close enough. And I promised myself that if I stayed the course, I could have some smoked sea bass (something DS30 brought for us on Sunday) when I got home, so that’s REALLY no longer a WF, but it’s also far less than 100 calories, so it’s still close enough for me. Sadly, it’s only 7:25, and I’d really like to head to bed shortly, LOL!

Wow, @michelinme, every now and again people comment on how full my days are, but I get lots of breaks throughout each day; your days this week are non-stop! Yup, I’d be looking forward to Friday 6pm also!!

@penz Good luck getting things done on Wednesday as you WFH!!

@linda.b I totally get the challenge of figuring out maintenance…and hope to be there one day! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’m posting so much tonight partly because I’m distracting myself from eating, and partly because we need the oil changed in our car so will be heading out at 7:10 tomorrow morning, so who knows if/when I’ll have a chance to post tomorrow.

And my new quote for the month, the one we all love: “It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible”? I started to waver at one point today, and that quote popped in my head, and it actually helped. So, that’s the one I’m hanging on to!

Day 21 Ohio, US — NFD

Today’s diet was strange, at least for me: puddings, a smoothie and some yogurt, until this evening. One thing I’ve learned by being a full day on this diet is the LIFE LESSON: It is possible to consume surprisingly large quantities of soft foods (ice cream, puddings, smoothies, plain yogurt) and not feel full in the least!

It seemed to me that things had progressed enough to try some “solid” food this evening for supper. So I had some couscous, some very finely minced carrots, and a finely chopped scrambled egg. That was so much more satisfying than those soft foods.!

@stitchincarol Part of the reason for me shifting to a NFD was that the dentist recommended me having a regular lunch. I guess the idea is that it was the last “regular” meal for a few days. For the next two weeks, food will have to be relatively soft, i.e., edible with a minimum of chewing, and I won’t be able to chew on the side that was operated on during that time either. Today I started on antibiotics and they recommend not doing any exercise for a few days and sleeping as much as possible. Taking naps during the day is something that the pain meds have made fairly easy. I didn’t realize it before, but the procedure constitutes a fairly major hit to the system.

@funshipfreddie Going to the dentist for most of my life has not been the most pleasant activity. I didn’t know it at the time, but I was allergic to the old fashioned anesthetics, so whenever I had a shot, my stomach promptly emptied itself of its contents. So then the dentists stopped using any anesthetic at all and I usually passed out in the chair. Unconsciousness is an effective anesthetic! For many years I went to a dentist who used hypnosis as the anesthetic and that worked out well. It was really nice coming out of the dentist’s office feeling oh so happy!

Day 22 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Quick call in this morning, off out early, trip to garage for car service get it in first thing, unfortunately dealership not just round the corner!

The Osprey cam shows all 3 chicks thriving, no longer balls of fluff, very active around the nest, even stretching their still stubby wings!

Take care all

Day 22 – Ireland – CD ✅ 🚫🚶🏻‍♀️

@stitchincarol 😂😂😂 that dangling certainly wasn’t comfortable 🎣 🥕😂😂😂 actually I read your comment around noon and it spurred me on so THANK YOU!

Bit of PFDS here👍 It’s a strange but great feeling. 🤗

Cycled to work, meeting friends for dinner so will take it handy until then ✅. Busy days so hopefully that will work in my favour.

@michelinme busy times for you!!! You’re a great host and we’ll done well done on managing to fast during these times…

Great to be here, and to be reading all your news and like others sorry for the rushed posts… but we’re here and that’s the most important. Off to see the chicks quickly and then knuckle down. 🐣

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 22 UK
    88.1 kilo
    Getting plenty of running in every day
    Which helps with everything
    Planning is important re food- so tonight I will cook fish!
    Thanks for the support 🙏

Day 22, FD, Scotland

Lunch – Crunchy & Fragrant Sweet Chilli Chicken Noodle Salad – 288 cals
    Dinner – Calorie Counted Piri Piri Chicken – 275 cals + some cauliflower – 25 cals

Body Combat at 7pm – BODYCOMBAT is a high-energy martial arts-inspired workout that is totally non-contact. Punch and kick your way to fitness and burn up to 570 calories** in a class. No experience needed. Learn moves from Karate, Taekwondo, Boxing, Muay Thai, Capoeira and Kung Fu. Release stress, have a blast and feel like a champ. Bring your best fighter attitude and leave inhibitions at the door.

I normally go to classes straight after work, but there are none on a wednesday, so im not sure whether to have dinner before or after the gym…….

I didnt stick to the rules and had a few vodkas last night, bad me. Will be super strict today and heres hoping its a good result at the weigh in tomorrow. Actually, with that in mind, I think ill have my dinner before the gym!!!!

Day 22 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 213 lbs. Yesterday’s OMAD went well. Down a pound today, and doing my last planned FD of the week. Might try to do another OMAD on Friday; we’ll see.

I’ll have a net gain over last week, due to that unfortunate gallon of sweet tea incident last week OOPS, but so far, things look geared towards a reset. Then the July 4 weekend will be here. I have to remember it’s a day, not a week of feasting 🙂

Pocket list – day 22
    @goal10kg
    @northgeorgia

USA. Day 22 FD

Pocket list – day 22
    @goal10kg
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

Have a great day!

Day 22 UK NFD

Still sticking with gradually reducing the intake and upping the exercise, finding both difficult.Fasting tomorrow 💪

Day 22 UK CD

Yesterday’s extra FD morphed into a CD but in any case it’s shrunk me back down from yesterday morning’s 186lb to 182lb! This hopefully sets me up to go below 13 stone this challenge.

Slow start to the day after 2 long days and tonight’s late finish -one of the strange days where everything falls away that was in the diary and there’s time to catch up a little. Friend who was coming to lunch is sick with long covid, 2pm meeting didn’t work for anyone so meeting at 3pm, and space already planned in ahead of evening zoom. I love breathing space! I’ve taken the time to catch up with email and plan an epic salad for OMAD early supper with all the things that need eating up – baked sweet potato, romaine lettuce and salad leaves, tomato, avocado, beetroot, spring onion, hardboiled egg and vegan chorizo! It will feel like a feast!

Loving the stickability and jumping back on the waggon this month. We can do this!

Day 22 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Well, ‘the best laid plans’ & all that.The woman whose lease I was supposed to take over has decided she doesn’t want to move until later in the year. 😢 So I’m back to scouring websites & sending messages. So disappointing. But, silver lining – haven’t given food a thought today! 😇

@matpi – wow? Allergic to anaesthetic?! I didn’t even know there was such a thing! Imagine if you hadn’t been susceptible to hypnotism? Because I don’t think everyone is. Doesn’t bear thinking about 😱

@linda.b – just wondered if you’ve looked at this part of the forum re maintenance? Probably loads of advice here:
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/forum/body/weight-maintenance/page/2/

Happy Hump Day! 🐫

Pocket list – day 22 🥕
    @goal10kg
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco
    @funshipfreddie

Day 22 – Rural Nebraska, NE – NFD/CD

I’m not aiming for only 1200 calories today necessarily, but I’m certainly aiming for good behavior–control. And the scale rewarded me this morning for yesterday’s good behavior with 148.6, so that was a relief after a week’s worth of 150-something.

And a piano student is coming along, so must go.

It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.

Day 22 – FD 800

Exceeded my 800 on Monday so will be strict with myself today. Wondering how much the strength training (far more strenuous than what I was doing on my own) is having an effect on hunger. Being meticulous about my protein intake but perhaps that isn’t enough.

It is shocking to me how tough the workouts with the trainer are. And I was pleased that the gym was not very full- I’m told I picked an unpopular time to workout, so that is good. I won’t be able to afford to continue after my bartered sessions run out, so I am taking copious notes now while I can.

The heat continues to blast down on us, and today the house needs a thorough cleaning – cat hair is a never ending task. 😺

My usual broth ‘breakfast’ (@~12:pm and ~250 cal) of chicken broth with chia and flax seed mixed in, along with a small shot of apple cider vinegar, turmeric supplement and some collagen powder but unsure what I will do for dinner. I try to vary my protein sources and have had little to no red meat since we lost the contents of the freezer to the power outage, and In really in the mood for some stew. We were contemplating a run to Costco, sometimes they have stew meat, so I will be on the lookout if we go.

Otherwise not much happening here, hoping as always everyone is well.

@funshipfreddie, sorry about losing the offer, hoping someone new comes along very soon.

@michelleinme – your meal sounds like a terrific feast! As I’ve mentioned before, I am especially fond of chorizo.

@stitchincarol I like the ‘hard is not impossible’ mantra- so true, but worthwhile to keep in the forefront of the mind!

Pocket list – day 22 🥕
    @goal10kg
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco
    @funshipfreddie
    @mariaelena

Day 22 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

I haven’t been on the forum since last week, nor have I fasted, so busy with work and life and don’t have my normal early morning time to catch up with you guys. I have read all the posts so far and do much news and things going on, I love reading up about all your lives, so interesting.

This is really a great friendly group.

I am struggling myself to do any FD’s at al…..my weight remains more or less the same no matter what, and hence the mojo has disappeared.Today didn’t help with a charity bake sale in work where I helped myself to all sorts of sweet delights

. I probably won’t be logging on again for a while as I am back working early and leaving late, then next week is super busy as DH’s birth mother is staying with us to celebrate his birthday (her first one with him since the day he was born 😍), then my sister and her two kids arrive from the US for their first visit in 4 years, so mine will be a busy house next week.

I may not fast but I do try to be mindful and I will be back soon and hopefully back on track.

2nd post

Aww, @daffodil2010, I’m teared up thinking about your DH’s mom being there for his birthday, “the first since the day he was born.” I love more than words can express that you’ve honored us with the story of them meeting up. Enjoy the special celebration! ❤️🥰

@funshipfreddie Oh, such a complete bummer! Will you stick to the same town–“Port Elizabeth”??–or widen your search?

I’ve nibbled more than I should, so I’m posting to keep my hands from reaching for more food. Mostly it’s been a decent day–not perfect, but at least decent.

Tomorrow I’m signed up to help set up an annual quilt show, a requirement since I entered three of my quilts into the show. I’m excited, however, as it will be so much fun to be up front and personal with all those quilts! I should be able to check in before I leave in the morning; talk to you all then!

@penz Good morning!

Day 23, FD, Aus

I actually ended up having quite a productive WFH yesterday. When puppy realised I was not playing with her, she decided to sulk on the couch. I got out at lunchtime with them both for an hour’s walk (with them running around off leash) in a beautiful winter’s day (blue sky, around 10 degrees) so that knocked them out for the afternoon. A good day all round!

@matpi! “So then the dentists stopped using any anaesthetic at all”. !!! That’s positively barbaric!! I’m impressed you are brave enough to ever darken the door of a dentist’s again with that experience.

Yay, @jaifaim, who doesn’t like a good dose of PFDS!

Oh no, @funshipfreddie, it really was too good to be true. Cross fingers something even better pops up.

Thanks for popping in @daffodil2010. Looking forward to hearing how you DH’s family visit goes.

Good evening to you too @stitchincarol! 🙂 Nice to read of your scale result; your mantra is working.

Day 23 pocket list:
    @penz

Day 23 – Thursday– Gold Coast Queensland Australia – FUN DAY (FD)

Good morning everyone, hope your day is going well!🌞🌞🌞

@daffodil2010 how wonderful to have your DH’s birth mother there for his birthday! And then you have the US tribe visiting next too! Memories are made of this! Can’t wait to hear all about the fun later. As far as I.F. goes, MANANA! till the household returns to normal! Then you can come back on board with renewed vigour for the pathway forward 🤩🤗🙂

@stitchincarol a few of my gal-pals are very much into ‘quilting’and I’m always so impressed at their creativity. Your quilt show sounds just like the ones here, full of colour, skill and craft with a large dose of unbridled artistic talent! Enjoy!😊😀😃

@mariaelena your strength training sounds like a big effort and big efforts usually provide big benefits! So good you can take advantage of the offered deal and also taking notes so you can continue on your own afterwards. Smart lady!🤩🤩🤩

@matpi .. no anaesthetic …. oh my gosh ….. I’m a wimp and just wouldn’t work for me! I recently had anaesthetic just for the scale and polish at a check-up!😖☹😲😁

@penz walking in the middle of the day in winter is sooooooo lovely! Wish I could do that every single day of my life….. makes me feel warm and happy just thinking about it. WFH does have some benefits, hey? 😊😉😊

@ccco in maintenance too? How are you going with that? 😊😉

@funshipfreddie… Blast! what a disappointment…. but maybe ’twas meant to be because just the very right place will now appear!🤩 On another note, thanks for the link to the forum maintenance pages…. I spend quite a bit of time reading a lot of the posts and have gained some insights and confidence in my plan going forward. Empirical evidence is worth its weight in gold and inspiring!🤩🤩🤩

Enough for now and need to get back to work!

cheerie dearies

The lesson you struggle with will repeat itself until you learn from it.😝
    Release yourself from the pain and embrace the invitation to look at things just a little bit differently.🙄
    Get curious about what you have learned so far and to embrace future learning.🤔
    Possibility and opportunity exist on the other side of your comfort zone.🤩

Day 23 – Thursday– Gold Coast Queensland Australia – FUN DAY (FD) – 2nd

oops! Forgot the pocket list!😂🤣😃

Day 23 pocket list:
    @penz
    @linda.b

Day22 Ohio, US — NFD

Today’s menu consisted again of food that requires a minimum of chewing. That has meant much more premade food than I usually eat. I did have my regular appointment with the acupuncturist, so right at the moment I’m feeling pretty good.

@stitchincarol Have fun at the quilt show! Is it also part competition?

@daffodil2010 Right now I find myself in a situation similar to yours — Until the oral infection clears up it seems best to me not to fast. So I’ll be working on being mindful of what I eat.

@funshipfreddie Sorry to hear you’re back to looking for lodging again. With any luck, the universe is conspiring to give you something better!

@goal10kg Your body combat class sounds phenomenal! I bet it does relieve a lot of stress and wipes out those stray vodkas!

@ihatelettuce Hope all went well with your car servicing and that it wasn’t anything too serious!

Day 23 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

It’s going to be a hot one! Typical, as I’ve mentioned before we have a great set up here regarding friends/neighbours, when someone is away we look after each others houses/property. We go in and check everything is OK, water the planters in the gardens and mow the lawns etc ….. so typical of what happens, all three are away and it’s going to be very hot, so I’m going to be very busy for the next couple of weeks, reminder to self, holiday in summer sometime !!! 😉

@matpi – Re car service, annual service, routine, no anaesthetic required 😉

@funshipfreddie – Grrrr hard luck buddy, but stick in, something will turn up with your name on it!

Righty, go and start my jobs before it gets too hot!

Take care all

Day 23 pocket list:
    @penz
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 23, NFD, Scotland, start weight 98kg, weight today 96kg

Oh no folks, im still stuck at 96kg! I dont feel disheartened, and funnily enough i dont even feel disappointed. I guess im just a little surprised, why isnt this working, it worked so well for me before my wedding.

I feel better and healthier doing the fast days, im going to keep the faith and carry on, hoping next week is my week!

@matpi body combat is my fav! its a total stress reliever. Body attack is pretty awesome too though, I just love the classes at the gym. Night off tonight and its the old classic tomorrow night – Body Step !

In a BODYSTEP workout you can expect a mixture of upbeat, rhythmic stepping, with squat and lunge patterns to work the legs. Combine this with movements like burpees, push ups and weight plate exercises, and the result is a fun, uplifting, full-body workout! Our bubbly and approachable instructors coach you through the workout. We play invigorating, hit music and inject a whole lot of fun and personality along the way. You can burn up to 540 calories** and you’ll leave buzzing with satisfaction.

Day 23 ‘
    NFD 18:6
    87.25 14 stones 10lb
    The running every morning is paying dividends
    Avoided a rather tasty aubergine lasagna I made last night and settled for salmon and broccoli
    Keep on with the resolve!!

Day 23 ‘
    NFD 18:6
    87.25 14 stones 10lb
    The running every morning is paying dividends
    Avoided a rather tasty aubergine lasagna I made last night and settled for salmon and broccoli
    Keep on with the resolve!!

Day 23 – Ireland – FD ✅ 🚫🚶🏻‍♀️

Good morning all.

Lovely catch-up last night… I should have taken my 🚫 off as had two little glasses of wine 🍷 was yum and so balmy sitting outside.

@funshipfreddie I’m sorry to hear the apartment has fallen through… we say here that “What is for you won’t pass you by” so hopefully there is somewhere out there for you which will work out better in the long run.

With @brightonbelle and others who are getting back into the zone of FDs and exercise.. I always feel so much better, sleep so much better when I do both. May the force be with you all those who are struggling. 💪

@goal10kg I used to do a lot of Les Mills – loved BodyBalance and BodyAttack but I never tried Pump or Combat. Sounds great!! Kicking and punching is very therapeutic also I’d say 😂

@michelinme I was just talking about breathing space yesterday … I have one of those bodies/minds which loves being active and around people but also I need time to myself to take stock and rebalance … so I’m very sociable, love meeting new people and experiences but love my own company 😂

@daffodil2010 busy times for you and another emotional period coming up. Mind yourself throughout the next week and you’ll get back on track when you can ⭐️

@penz what is seldom is wonderful right 😉
    @matpi – you poor thing! Sounds sore 🥲. Hopefully accupuncture did the trick . I have my appointment tomorrow – can’t wait. 🪡

@i-hate-lettuce wow you are having hot times and over here it’s grey.. good luck with the caretaking 👍

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket list Day 23
    @penz
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim

Day 23 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@daffodil2010 – come back soon! 🤗

Thanks guys, re your commiserations. I was so disappointed yesterday. But I think I’ve found another cat-friendly place already, cheaper than the one I was supposed to move to; & I can get a 6 months’ lease, so… 🤞

@stitchincarol – I’m sticking with Port Elizabeth; which is actually a city. The 6th largest in the country, I think. But the population is only about a third that of Durban, so it’ll probably feel like a town to me 😅

This may sound like an odd question; but does anyone have a good hack for getting shower glass clean? I mean, those horrible white water marks that just don’t budge. I’m on a mission. I’ve tried everything, short of lobbing a hand grenade into the shower. All the usual advice I’ve been given doesn’t work. I’ve tried vinegar, baking soda, dish washing liquid & combinations thereof. Even steel wool. Nothing seems to work 🤔

Okay, must dash. RESOLVE to the Thursday faster! 🎯

Day 23 UK FD

Yes I too succumbed to the temptation of a few in the garden yesterday evening @jaifaim but I don’t feel the slightest guilty , we really don’t get many days like that here ☀️

I guess it depends on exactly what’s causing the stains @funshipfreddie but I’ve found HG limescale remover from Amazon works a treat and it’s not as “toxic” as some

Right aiming for a straightforward <500 FD today and plenty of exercise 💪

Onwards and downwards ⬇️

Pocket list Day 23
    @penz
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle

Day 23 – 16:8 CD

We got a deal on chicken thighs at the store so Greek chicken (lemon, juice rosemary, oregano flavours) is in today’s menu. It is a bit of a production to make but so delicious- if anyone interested in the recipe, her you go: https://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2015/04/greek-lemon-chicken-and-potatoes-both.html?m=1 (YouTuber Chef John who is very entertaining to watch as well as a fantastic recipe maker, btw).

@funshipfreddie I don’t have a suggestion for cleaning the stains, but for easy maintenance/prevention. Used anti-static dryer sheets. We wipe down all bathroom surfaces with them – often. They don’t scratch glass/porcelain but have some sort of weave that wipes the surface grime and limestone deposits right off.

Off to the kitchen now. Be well all!

Day 23 UK FD

ANother really long day, mostly not as planned but hanging on in here. I’ll be SO glad when it gets to tomorrow evening tho the weekend is looking a bit rammed too. Juggling all sorts of projects, deadlines and plans as going to be away for three weeks in just under 2 weeks. But Yay for business for making FDs easier!

I drank a lot more water today – around 2.5 litres – plus two vegemite teas and three decaf black coffees. Supper was a salad with heaps of leaves, tomato, cold baked sweet potato, beetroot & eggs followed by strawberries with cinnamon & raw cacao -yummy! I was so full of salad that i didn’t manage my steamed cauliflower which I’ll hold over to tomorrow. Closing out at 600 calories which will do me.

Finally i have only one event/meeting tomorrow so time to prep for that and catch up a bit in the morning, followed by my first evening off this week – alleluia! But I’m feeling sustained by this WOE rather than constrained by it, and getting better at having the good stuff in the house and not overeating. Small steps in the right direction are still progress!

@funshipfreddie so sorry about your rental falling through -and how great that you have already found another one!
    @stitchincarol well done on your progress to the 140s
    @marialena it’s amazing what zing chorizo adds to things – well, I can only speak for vegan chorizo as i’ve never had the meat one but i’m sure it’s similar!
    @daffodil2010 sorry your mojo has taken a summer holiday and hope it comes back when life quietens down a bit – we miss your morning posts. How wonderful to have DH birth mother stay for his birthday, that’s so special. I hope you have a wonderful time with her sister and her family x
    @matpi i hope you feel better very soon
    @i-hate-lettuce wow 3 extra gardens is a lot of extra work!
    @goal10kg your workout classes sound amazing! hang on in there and something will shift. Fasting is always doing something, and sometimes it’s stuff we measure
    @5413.5 glad your morning runs are working so well for you
    @jaifaim i’m exactly the same! love new things and people and then need time to hermit!
    @brightonbelle some evenings are just made for drinking wine in the garden!

Pocket list Day 23
    @penz
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle
    @michelinme

Day 24, NFD, Aus

My planned FD yesterday didn’t happen. I’m so angry at myself. Grrrr! Trying to copy @IHL’s idea of finding something (in his case, the Inner Warthog) to battle; I need an adversary to combat.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 24 – Friday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – (NFD) 🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

Good morning FABULOUS IFers!

It’s Friday already and three and a half weeks into our JUMP IN JUNE challenge and almost half way through the year as well….. time is just flying by! 🦅🦅🦅
    The osprey chicks are almost as big as turkeys…. ok that’s an exaggeration but, my gosh they are growing so fast! All that lovely fresh trout…. yummm…. I wish they would share👀👀

Unexpectedly had to go to the shopping centre yesterday afternoon to replace my new kettle. I’d only bought this one in May and the lid cracked…. making it dangerous pouring boiling water. So had to urgently break out of the office to attend to that as I’ve found I can live without wine (almost) but I cannot live without tea…. ha ha!🤣🤣😂
    So my quick trip to the shopping centre did two things. One… made the FD easy because I hadn’t had time for lunch before, and two…… just happened to fall into a boutique on the way and just happened to buy a new pair of black dress jeans and 3 new tops …. everything on sale – 4 pieces for $50… the shop is de-stocking before closing down! So another reward to self for reaching my goal!😊…. gosh new hair, new clothes, new weight…no-one will recognise me!🤩🤗🙂 Happy days!

@mariaelena I’ve looked at the recipe and I know you will enjoy it. I’m licking my lips already. I might make it up over the weekend and put portions away in the freezer for mid-week meals. I still haven’t made my french onion soup yet. Maybe might do that too if I have time.

@funshipfreddie when I bought this house the shower glass in the ensuite was a crazed mess as well. Nothing could clean it off, even had ‘professionals’ in who couldn’t fix it. Our water has high mineral content in it. Turned out it was etched into the glass so could never be removed…. yes it turns out that’s a thing! In the end a few years ago, I bit the bullet and replaced the glass with rimless and updated the bathroom. The glazier gave me some good advice that I’ve followed pedantically since that has kept the glass looking like the day he installed it… I keep a squeegee with a RUBBER blade in the shower enclosure and EVERY SINGLE time I use the shower I wipe down the glass. He advised to only use the RUBBER bladed ones and not to use the cheap silicone squeegees. I have followed his advice, and the result is perfect every single day! It takes another couple of minutes at the end of every shower but, hey, the bathroom looks gleaming and very presentable all the time and I have never used any chemicals or cleaning agents on the glass ever. Moisture is the enemy, so remove the moisture. Make sure it’s all dry with a quick wipe with a microfibre cloth after using the rubber blade and you’ll never need to used cleaning products on the glass again. https://www.bunnings.com.au/sabco-355mm-brass-squeegee_p4480637 This tip is probably not going to be timely for you in the current place that you’ve just sold but useful going forward. The bonus is the bending and stretching while blading the glass is added exercise to my day! Honest only takes a minute or two.

So, my weekend goal is NOT to undo any good work so far. Won’t be hard as we are coming into our last week of June which is End of Financial Year in Australia (30 June). This brings extra work to be done in the next 6 days to be completed before then. So will be around home (office) and away from temptation anyway.

To all our dedicated exercisers …. you absolutely inspire us all … 🤩🤩🤩

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday and fantastic weekend everyone!

cheerie dearies

If it’s not there, you can’t eat it😛😜😛

Day 23 Ohio, US — NFD

Finally back to a regular day’s diet! Well, with the exception of one white chocolate cookie that I picked up on the spur of the moment. Usually I do my grocery shopping on Mondays and Thursdays, and their being fast days keeps me from any impulse buying. I was able to get a half hour’s walk in, although I really had to push to do so — the fatigue levels are definitely high.

@funshipfreddie Congrats on finding a new place!

@jaifaim How did the acupuncture go? Usually the day after acupuncture I’m full of energy — today I’ve been somewhat lethargic. I wonder if all the energy is going into clearing up the infection.

Day 23 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 211 lbs. I was supposed to have woken up at 4:45 a.m. for a 3 hour drive to a meeting. I woke up at 6 a.m., right when I was to be on the road! A two minute frantic interlude had me on the road ASAP, so I’m sorry for my late reporting. Unfortunately, I didn’t break my fast this morning and they served Chick-Fil-A. Yep, my stomach revolted! Oh well. Let’s hope life settles down tomorrow haha!

Day 24 – Lake District UF – NFD

Good morning everyone

Going to be super busy this weekend !
    Mrs I-h-l doing a three day fundraiser and needless to say I’m the gofer/furniture mover/sous chef etc plus I’ve the three properties/gardens to keep an eye on as well as home …. going to need a break after that!
    Oh yes, we’re away next week for another short break … this is retirement 😉

@funshipfreddie – that was quick! Hope this one ‘sticks’ and works out for you.

@penz – I found exactly what you are thinking ie finding something to fight (even my imaginary Inner Warthog) worked for me. Hope you find something that works, once defeated my opponent I’ve found maintaining quite easy, I feel good, which helps, but the old enemy still remains at the back of my mind!

@linda.b – nice to see the chicks thriving isn’t it. The adults are often seen on some of our club waters hunting and catching trout. None of the club members object of course, although one comedian suggested we keep an eye out and fill in the club members ‘catch return’ on their behalf 😉

Take care all

Day 24 UK 18:6
    NotWithstanding eating ice cream managed to maintain hooray
    Still sunny here and I am enjoying my morning runs before work, keeps me sane! 🤣
    Will make another salad tonight!
    Stay well all 😀

Day 24 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@brightonbelle, @mariaelena & @linda.b – re the shower glass marks, yes! That’s exactly what it is, minerals in the water. Apparently in some areas the water is ‘harder’ than others. The shower was generally quite grotty when I moved in. And when the glass is wet as it’s cleaned, the marks seem to disappear. But they don’t; they taunt you & sneak back as soon as the glass dries. It’s infuriating. Now that the place is sold it’s not really my problem anymore. But it’s become a battle of wits after watching YouTube tutorials etc on how to get the glass sparkling. I think the marks really have become part of the glass though over the years. The glass door is fine, oddly enough, it’s just the adjacent glass panel that’s the problem. Wherever I move to, the glass will be squeegeed daily! 😅

Got a zillion things to do. Including booking a flight for the cat, getting her shots updated, & getting my tax stuff in order 🥴️

Happy Fri-yay! 🍷

Day 24 UK CD

My weekly weigh & measure day – which I forgot last week! – shows me at a smidgeon under 182 at last, down to 181.5lb. My fat suit has shrunk by 1.5″ bust, 0.5″ waist & hips. I’m feeling thinner than that and suspect there’s a bit of a break out loss still to go, but so far that’s a total of 0.9 from my BMI and a little over 6lbs since I jumped back on the waggon on 27 May.

I find it motivating to have mini goals and medium goals to aim for and enjoy celebrating little wins on the way with gentle things that make me feel good – extra reading time, long relaxing bath soak, pottering in the garden rather than doing household chores. My next mini goal is to get below 178lb where I started this WOL in Dec 2017 and last visited Sept 2021, next medium goal is 168lb – last reached in April 2021. I know those are doable bc I’ve done it before, 14lbs in my first three months last time around.

HOST POST!

We have one week left of the Jump In June challenge! Any goals or plans for this last week? Anyone who is lurking do jump in and say hello – so many regulars missing atm and we miss you.

NB Is anyone up for leading us next month? I can really recommend it for helping to stay motivated, the accountability of daily posting and self-encouragement that comes through encouraging others. I’ve been trying to get back on the waggon all year and i’m finally here!! Who else wants to have a go?

@penz I know that feeling all too well. Remembering how this feels, knowing what didn’t work and making a plan to swerve that one again could keep the next FD on track. You can do this!
    @5413.5 yay for maintaining!
    @i-hate-lettuce your retirement is very busy 🙂
    @northgeorgia that feeling of over-sleeping and rushing to get out – yuck. Hope your stomach settles down again soon
    @matpi glad you are back to eating normal food
    @linda.b o the joy of celebration with new (sale!) clothes when reaching goal – there’s nothing quite like it. You’ve earned this!

Okay, need to crack on with watering the veg pots ahead of the desk heap and a catch up with DD before this afternoon’s seminar. SO looking forward to this evening!!

Whatever the day brings, go gently

Day 24 , NFD, Scotland

Great reading everyones updates, I cant wait to be able to share some good news with you all. I was thinking the other night, i cant wait for someone to say ‘you’ve lost a bit of weight’! I’ll be buzzing when that happens.

Im falling into a trap of having a bit of a cheat-eat-whatever-you-want day after my weigh in on a Thursday. But i do think one cheat day a week should be allowed? Thoughts? Can one day ruin an otherwise good week?

But trouble is, im off on my jollies with friends on Saturday, which would usually involve lots of booze and food. Im not sure if I can even try to be sensible. With food, i could try make better choices no problem of course, but we will be eating out a few meals. But im thinking oh no, this is basically 2 cheat days in a week, not good. I should have been sensible yesterday so I could really enjoy myself on Saturday and not scupper my week.

Ah well, we will see what transpires on the scales next week!

Day 24 – Friday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – (NFD) 🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞 2nd post

@michelinme “6lbs since I jumped back on the waggon on 27 May” ie 2.7kg in 4 weeks? That is the most fantastic effort!…. you rock-on!….medal and trophy for you🥇🏆🏆

Day 24 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 213 lbs. Not bad after yesterday’s stress. I’ll do ZBC today, and possibly a OMAD or later eating window around mid-afternoon. I can’t believe June is almost over.

Day 24 – Ireland – FD ✅ 🚫🚶🏻‍♀️

Happy Friday everyone!

Bravo @michelinme- leading by example… 💪💪

I’m rushing today… accupuncture was lovely @matpi but I’m not feeling that energised today… definitely clearer in the sinuses etc but still tired.. always have the most amazing sleep afterwards 😍

I don’t have PFDS @penz…🙃 bit of a FD Flop yesterday as was led astray by some pals… must get back into the zone… but like others I think I’m teetering around where I originally wanted to get to and feel like I’ve done ok until now but actually what it might take for me to knuckle down is to get a bit of a shock with increased weight.. BUT i should know better than to wait for that shock and apply myself now… sorry musing here 🤔

Hope you are all doing better than me 💪🤩💪

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 24 UK NFD

So so week so far , some things gone pretty well , but I hear you @jaifaim that “knuckling down “ requires more effort than I’ve got just now, but I’m thinking as long as I just tootle along and not gain , surely that elusive mojo will come back ? Anyway have a good Friday all

Day 25 – Saturday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – (NFD) 🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

Happy day this morning with a little more loss which puts the scale nicely below the goal and well into the ‘wriggle’room for maintenance. No doubt this will assist with the ups and downs coming my way, while, hopefully, everything eventually stabilises into a comfortable zone of +/-. That’s the plan anyway!😋😊😋

Only two more FUN DAYS (FD) left for the month. June is going so fast!

The great thing about this monthly challenge is that it reduces the mammoth task into do-able chunks so we can achieve smaller goals each month. And then build on those achieved goals each month.
    This incremental approach has a cumulative effect to achieve our individual goals. It’s forgiving of transgressions, it permits manana and it works…. “poco a poco” – little by little, bit by bit, slowly, gradually.

Bit of over-the-top musing going on there, apologies!

@mariaelena has inspired me to do some cooking. So off to the shops now to get some chicken to make that Greek lemon chicken dish she recommended.😋😋😊

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

cheerie dearies

If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now😍🥰😎😊😉🌞🌞🌞

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 376 total)

You must be logged in to reply.