Jump in June! – June 2022 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Jump in June! – June 2022 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 366 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  ccco 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 376 total)

• Day 17 – Ireland – NFD โœ… ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Today we have a heatwave forecast for 2-3 hours this morning! Seriously only in Ireland ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    I love my country but we are obsessed with weather ๐Ÿ˜‚

@penz thank you for sending your mojo my way! I think I caught it ๐Ÿ’• so very kind!

@stitchincarol thanks my walk did the trick! Set me up nicely for my day and it was such a lovely evening I did a bit of hill training on my bike after work. Iโ€™m still tired but pushing through and will have a quiet weekend with mum.

Today I meet a dear French friend for early dinnerโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ’•. No
    Have a great day everyone!

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Day 17, NFD, Scotland

I had a chuckle about the cat, I have a 13 week old kitten and i work from home, im reguarly reaching hold of my coffee cup, she comes flying off my couch onto my table all the time!

Well the curry feast was an absolute joy last night but im back on the wagon today and being sensible. Salad for lunch and some chicken and veg for dinner, no alcohol, I had my lot last night ๐Ÿ™‚

I need to try my best to be sensible on NFD. And asda on sunday, get my fast day meals planned and bought ahead.

Day 17 – USA/GA – ZBC

Weigh-in: 214 lbs. It was nice to hit the goose egg this week!! Well, good tacos cause a good post-day bloat… nearly 6 lbs LOL

Anyway, I will do ZBC today and maybe do an OMAD or at least a 16:8. Rumor has it Sunday is a feast day for Father’s Day, so I may have to move my next FD to Monday.

Day 17 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD, but no EFS!!!

Yesterday’s FD went fine, the piano students were lovely to see after a month’s break (long story…), and I’ve made more progress on the four baby quilts I’m sewing. Babies come in clumps, don’t they??

@penz Yup, Christmas cookies have been lurking in my freezer this whole time! An explanation is clearly in order, right? At the choir party I had last December, two of the women brought plates of cookies…and while they were lovely to look at they were NOT tasty–and then they insisted we keep the cookies. I felt too guilty to simply throw them away that day, so I put them in the freezer, where they’ve languished ever since. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ There are no more in there now, so that’s one more temptation removed from the house!

@matpi We’ve been experiencing that same heat, and not having a reliable AC unit has to be awful on such days. I hope it can get fixed soon, and that your digestive issues are soon resolved!

@linda.b I was quite certain you’d meet and exceed your goal; WELL done!!! Perhaps it was issues not related to noble eating that got you there, but those issues wouldn’t have accomplished it if your stellar behavior hadn’t already gotten you so close, so CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! ๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ–๏ธ๐Ÿ’ช ๐Ÿ† ๐ŸŽฏ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿฅ‡๐ŸŽˆโค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@i-hate-lettuce Only one pound up? Yup, no worries at all. ๐Ÿ‘

@5413.5 Nicely done on additional weight loss!! What’s your goal?

@funshipfreddie Any luck on finding a new place?

@jaifaim Have a lovely time at dinner with your French friend!

@goal10kg Being sensible on NFDs is the hugest challenge for all of us, I think…

@northgeorgia Your weight bounces as constantly as mine. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ Yeah, Father’s Day isn’t a day for a successful fast! The boys are coming up for church and the day, and we’re having Brandied Fruit Scones, scrambled eggs, and mimosas for brunch, and a smoked barbecued brisket, potato salad, and fresh pea salad for dinner, topped off with peach/blueberry oatmeal crisp. There’s zero room in there for low-calorie eating!

Lots I could do today, just not sure what I’m inclined to do! My Fitbit malfunctioned yesterday, jumping to 37K steps by two o’clock in the afternoon, after I’d spent the morning sitting at a desk; I was at 41K by the time I went to bed. Too bad I didn’t actually burn the 3,565 calories it thought I’d burned!! ๐Ÿคฃ So perhaps I should get busy and accomplish something?

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 17 – 16:7 CD

@funshipfreddie and @penz I have loads of stories about the cats in my family misbehaving to my detriment – but the one that shuts me down wasnโ€™t mine, but a woman I once shared an office with. Her cat (long haired) walked close to the candleโ€ฆ and caught her tail on fire. As you can imagine, a cat with a flaming tail – literally with a tail on fire – can do a heck of a lot of damage- they were lucky the house didnโ€™t go up in flames because they lost a couch, stuffed chair, window curtains and more to flames and scorching. So I sensibly gave up candles b/c no way was I giving up cats!

On a happier pet note, I have successfully taught my younger cat to โ€˜shake pawโ€™ – I was trying for a โ€˜high 5โ€™ but she keeps her paw there and wiggles it in my hand so I have decided it is โ€˜shake pawโ€™. She comes over to the arm of the couch next to me and looks at me expectantly til I singsong say โ€˜shake pawโ€™ and we do, then she gets tons of scritches and compliments from me. Hmmm ๐Ÿค” who trained whom?

Good wishes to all.

Day 17 USA (Illinois) NFD

FINALLY I am back to my pre-vacation weight, still a few pounds higher than my goal of maintenance. But I’m pretty happy today. Company for dinner tonight. Spent an arm and a leg for “Surf & Turf” (lobster tails and filet mignon to grill) but that’s what we were hungry for.

Cats and dogs?! Wow — you all have wonderful stories. I hope to get back to more regular posting soon, but we’ve been pretty busy between getting the backyard pool open, our community choir finally back singing, and the Children’s Museum where I am a board member and steady volunteer.

Hugs to you all –

Onward and downward.

USA. Day 17. FD

Hi, everyone! Sorry I have been missing in action here! I am still recovering but getting close to full recovery. Now my job is to make sure I don’t put back any of the weight I lost to make maintenance. I don’t know why but I did put on a couple of pounds, which I intend to promptly dispatch! I didn’t eat anything I shouldn’t but I guess I need to be care of portion control!

Congrats, SongBirdMe, for getting back to your pre-vacation weight.

I thought I would do some gardening today as exercise! JaIfaim, you are not the only one in a heatwave today! We will be 97 degrees today! Brutal! Gardening would not be wise.

Have a great day today, all! ๐Ÿ˜Š

second post

Hey, all you who know these things, are scones generally served hot, room temperature, or what? My instinct is to serve them straight out of the oven (as we serve American biscuits, which they resemble) and slather them with butter, but I’m thinking that’s not the British way. Help?

And is clotted cream sweetened? I just saw a recipe to make it and it had sugar in it, which surprised me.

Scones
    From the oven? Yes
    Clotted cream is not sweetened- you can use very thick cream
    The BIG question is cream first or jamโ€ฆ
    Enjoy ๐Ÿ˜Š

Day 17 UK FD

I had a good birthday yesterday – a morning of chores and emails, then an errand and a trip to the garden centre to spend birthday money. My trolley was lovely – a small potted apple tree, weeping fig, some lovely annuals, a couple of perennials, new garden mint and some middle-sized pots for potting on flower seedlings. Lots of lovely messages and cards, chats with family and three choc ices – so today i’m pulling a replacement FD with just OMAD a big egg salad and strawberries, lots of water and some marmite tea.

Today’s been mostly chores and prep for online seminar this evening; I’m very slow in the heat again but stayed cool with a fan pointed right at my back. My head is buzzing with juggling various meetings, events, paperwork, family plans and got very little sleep in the heat. I’m SO looking forward to bedtime soon, and to pottering with seedlings, plants and garden tomorrow and switching off brain.

I’m a host that didn’t post yesterday but feeling all caught up now

Thank you for lovely birthday wishes @penz @linda.b @jaifaim @funshipfreddie @stitchincarol @matpi
    @mariaelena glad your FD went well.I love the sound of your cat!
    @matpi hope you are feeling better
    @northgeorgia congratulations on the big goose egg – which flew, but will be back!
    @linda.b woop woop! Huge congratulations on reaching target – that’s a silver lining! Enjoy the haircut ๐Ÿ™‚
    @5413.5 Well done! yes, this WOL resets our relationship with food really helpfully – for me it’s like magic: fast and consciously eat more healthily most of the time; don’t fast and don’t.
    @ccco good to have you back
    @stitchincarol warm scones are lovely. Jam first then cream = Cornish; cream then jam = Devon

Right, yawning away so need to make move before I fall asleep at my desk. Wishing you all a good weekend

Day 18 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@mariaelena – I’m so impressed you could train your cat to do anything! I can’t get Boo Boo to keep still for a second unless she’s asleep. I had to measure her for a pet courier quote the other day; it would have been easier to get toothpaste back in the tube ๐Ÿ˜‚

@stitchincarol – jam or cream first? The Queen prefers jam first, but Nigella Lawson prefers the cream. Most people say jam first:- https://www.taste.com.au/articles/great-scone-debate-finally-settled-apparently-queen-agrees/mbqlz6at

Have a good weekend, fellow fasters ๐ŸŒค ๐ŸŒˆ

Day 18 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

What a fun afternoon & evening yesterday, the BBQ was hastily rearranged, as we were all sat outside with drinks, BBQ on and heating up, the air temperature dropped, the clouds came over and light rain started to fall. Everyone quickly helped put cushions etc into the den, food and drinks transferred into conservatory, I moved the BBQ, still lit, into the garage and carried on, cooking in the dry ๐Ÿ˜‰ Great fun, even better company and loads of laughs ๐Ÿ™‚

Today, don’t feel like eating, but didn’t go overboard last night, so will throw in a FD.

@5413.5 – re your comment about psychology of eating – sometimes something to fight works – I decided to have a fight my ‘Inner Warthog’ as I christened it. For some strange reason it struck a chord for me and I almost found it easier when I had something to ‘blame’ and could fight with ! He’s gone now, but I keep it in my mind as if he ever returned he could undo all the good work of the last three years! More to the point, I like it, I feel much better these days having got rid of quite a bit of weight.

@funshipfreddie – If ‘The Boss’ says jam first, then that’s good enough for me ๐Ÿ˜‰

Easy day today and Rugby on the TV this afternoon, it’s the Gallagher Premiership final and first time it’s been available on TV for us who don’t subscribe to satellite channels.

Take care all

Pocket list for Saturday
    @michelineme
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 18 18:6
    87.65kg
    2 steaks last night- hence gain!
    7k run this AM –
    will cook chicken for visitors tonight and roast sweet potatoes
    Have a good weekend

Day 18 UK NFD

Hi all, just back from an absolutely amazing holiday โ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿ–๐ŸฐWill ease myself in gradually , hope to catch up on posts and will be fasting Monday

I was a bit out of sorts before going away and I think a break from daily recording was good ,and Iโ€™m now actually looking forward to getting back into it , not looking forward to getting on the scales but hey it is what it is and Iโ€™m going to have a long think over the weekend and set some new goals ๐Ÿ‘‹

Day 18 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

Weigh-in: 150.8 Gah. It’s the bouncing ball, you know. For those of you so frustrated that the scale never moves, may I just point out that a bouncing scale is its own kind of annoying frustration. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ I did eat reasonably yesterday…well, except for having a bit more than my share of that bottle of Pinot Grigio. But no EFS, as I promised you/me, so although my stomach is stuffed, there’s no great guilt involved.

@i-hate-lettuce Oh, what a funny scene that must have been to have everyone suddenly moving everything and themselves indoors! Glad you had such a simple and workable solution!

Thanks @5413.5 @michelinme @funshipfreddie @i-hate-lettuce for weighing in on the scones questions. I actually found a local store–well, local to my boys, anyway–that carries clotted cream, so we’ll have that on Sunday with the Brandied Fruit Scones for brunch as part of our Father’s Day bash.

@brightonbelle Welcome back, we missed you!

Today I must make the potato salad for tomorrow, do a little more church secretary work, tidy the house, and a list of other little things that will all add up to lots of time…all when I’d rather go into my sewing room and start quilting the quilt I got pinned together yesterday. But if I’m fast and efficient, I may even get to do that as well, so it’s time to get started.

Have a grand one, everyone, and see you on Monday!

Day 18 – Ireland – NFD โœ… ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Quick check in – I hope you are all well. Have a lovely Saturday.

Bravo @songbirdme ๐Ÿฅ‡ ๐Ÿ‘
    And welcome back @brightonbelle! It sounds like the holiday has done you the world of good – just how it should be ๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ˜
    @stitchincarol I canโ€™t advise on sconesโ€ฆ I have them any which way as Iโ€™m a glutton but know that there are firm views on the order ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Day 18 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 215 lbs. Well, yesterday would have been an OMAD, but I ended up snacking on grapes and cheese around 9 p.m. or so. Oops!

It’s ridiculously hot and humid these days, and I need to learn to stay hydrated and keep the electrolytes flowing. Even with my carb-laden meal yesterday afternoon, to gain 7 lbs in just two days is well, a bit unbelievable — most certainly a water-retaining body!

I’m going to cook up some zucchini, onions and shrimp in butter this morning. The more healthy things around today with fiber, proteins, and good fats, the better. But got to get the water intake up.

Day 18 – 16:8 CD

Accountability- Weight steady.

Some good news for me, a friend of a friend is a trainer at a gym – well, he recently opened a gym himself. He is trying to get advertising together, and wants the gym to seem all age/gender friendly and he offered if he could use my pictures/ videos on machines in the background that heโ€™d give me a month of strength training sessions as compensation. An โ€˜older ladyโ€™ win! Lol.

Had the first yesterday and I am sore in ways I have never experienced before. It is painful, but somehow the body does communicate that this is not bad pain, but good pain. He said Iโ€™m actually in pretty good shape, but that my upper body strength could really be better. The odd thing was while doing the exercise with him, I didnโ€™t think it was that strenuous, not easy, but not too bad. Obviously Iโ€™m not the best judge of that.

Well, have a good weekend all. We have a full weekend if projects and errands to accomplish.

2 post
    Rugby was great ๐Ÿ‘
    Warthog it is- good advice I hate lettuce

Day 18 UK CD

Yesterday’s FD did so well until a mid evening snacking on wasabi peas. I was horrified to discover they have more than 400 calories/100g. O well, I’ll take the learning and leave the FD until Monday.

I pinged out of bed v tired for an online conference this morning, spending most of the talks pottering with chores and baking gf oat sodabread for tomorrow’s gathering of women friends. I was going to potter in the garden this afternoon but instead caught up with reading the paper and chilling ahead of an early night.

Today I’ve had a big egg salad with steamed cauliflower on the side, then later a pudding of leftover red carmargue rice made into chocolate rice pudding (cacao, soya milk, cinnamon, raisins) with strawberries – yum.

We’re over the mid point of this month’s challenge and I suspect the days will whizz past from here. It’s all too easy to let go and think I’ll focus better next month, but reminding myself that I started on 26 May and have lost 7lbs, a few puffy days do not a backslide make. Holding fast to CDs and looking forward to Monday’s FD already. I MUST remember to drink more water.

@i-hate-lettuce your bbq sounds fun! Sorry to leave you on your own today but definitely not a FD here
    @5413.5 well done on the 7km run!
    @brightonbelle welcome back! Sounds as tho the holiday was just what you needed – look forward to hearing more
    @stitchincarol your days always sound SO full!
    @jaifaim hope your weekend with your mum is going well x
    @northgeorgia i’m with you on the late evening snack derailment. Also on needing to drink more water. Hope today’s a better one
    @mariaelena – you are going to be a poster woman – how wonderful!

Hope you all have a lovely rest of weekend

Day 18 Ohio, US — NFD
    Day 17 — NFD

Yesterday was a good NFD. Getting out a project due by the evening took a big chunk of time. Not so much doing the project, but getting the technology to copy and to permit it to be sent took up most of the time. I think that I finally have the townhouse AC issue licked — we’ll see when it gets back up to high temperatures starting next Tuesday.

The good news is that my weekly weigh-in gave 180 lb (81.6 kg). My lowest weight so far in 2022. With any luck the weight will continue to drop and I’ll break the 180 barrier!

Today’s been okay, but I’ve been quite low on energy — not exactly sure why. The trick is to keep plugging along.

Oops! An energy drain just hit, so I’ll have to get caught on everyone else’s posts in the morrow!

Day 19 – Ireland – NFD ๐Ÿšซ ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Up and hoping to get out early for a spin ๐Ÿšดโ€โ™€๏ธ. Sunday early morning roads are the best for the bike.
    I hope those of you in extraordinary heat are doing okโ€ฆ

All is well here @michelinme – thanks! Mum is very quiet these days but content and we had an evening spent reminiscing last night. Always easy to talk about the old days ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿค— and less stressful for her than the here and now.

Isnโ€™t this year just flying? As you say over half the month gone alreadyโ€ฆ itโ€™s crazy!

Iโ€™ll keep moving as if I donโ€™t I will laze and will regret itโ€ฆ

Have a good day everyone!

Day 19 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Yesterdays rugby final was a nail biter! First half was good, but the second half, wow! How they managed to keep the pace going was rather impressive, tight game, scores level with a few minutes to go. Leicester attacking going for the win then lost momentum, Saracens were then piling on the pressure, but made a couple of mistakes, with a minute to go Leicester won with a drop goal.
    Fantastic game for the ‘neutral’ spectator, before the game head said Saracens, heart said Leicester, one of the great games.

The osprey cam is showing all three chicks doing well, no longer just fluffy lumps, quickly developing feathers and an appetite, just watched them, both adults at the nest, chicks being fed freshly delivered trout brought in by male and being fed by the female.

Off out for a MOAM walk this morning, get some fresh air and shake off the cobwebs from a lazy day yesterday.

I’m thinking of an early dart tomorrow and head off fishing, so if I’m not here first thing please put me on the pocket list, Monday wouldn’t feel the same without a FD, fresh start to the week etc ๐Ÿ˜‰

Take care all

Day 19 18:6
    88.10 K
    Happy Fatherโ€™s Day!

Day 19 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

@stitchincarol – I forgot to answer your question re finding accommodation. It’s been a mission. Despite there being lots of places available, the places I thought were ideal were either snapped up quickly or are only available from September, or ‘no pets’. Yesterday I saw a 2 bedroom place advertised in a fairly new ‘Retirement Lifestyle Village’ for people 55+. When I contacted the agent she said there was only a tiny studio apartment available, but that she would keep an eye out for something suitable. She called me back half an hour later, to tell me a lady in a 2 bedroom unit is struggling with her rent & had requested the available studio unit. So I can take over her lease from August 1st. She’s even offered to send me a video of the place, so I may not even need to spend a small fortune travelling down there just to view the complex. And I’ll have the option to buy a place there eventually if I like it. So, HUGE relief, & I had my first good night’s sleep in nearly a week last night ๐Ÿฅด๏ธ

@mariaelena – nice one! I think I’d be very flattered to ‘model’ for a new gym; & you scored free training for a month! ๐Ÿ‘

I’ve been pretty mindless with the eating over the last few days. Not binging exactly, more like stress eating; so I’m starting the week with a FD.

Happy S๐ŸŒžnday!

Pocket List – Day 19 ๐Ÿ“
    @funshipfreddie

Day 20 – 16:8 CD

Happy Fatherโ€™s Day! I lucked into finding a book about the youth organization my father participated in – a history of it (in particular it being one of the few youth organizations of its time that had multi racial sports teams) from 1932 to 1954 (so it covers papaโ€™s time with them) – with pictures. Papa was a track and cross country runner with them and credits the wonderful experience for being a big influence on his life, especially since he lost his own father so young. As he and my mother rounded out our family of their three natural children with the multi racial adoptions of my brothers, the influence is obvious and important to him. Many of our conversations in the past few years is his storytelling of these times in his life and Iโ€™m thrilled because it will be the perfect gift. And unexpected! Iโ€™m so excited to hear him open it.

A quiet day planned otherwise. My DH lost his father at a very young age as well, so no in-law duties this holiday. We started yesterday out with the necessary yard chores so today is totally our own.

Lol, my participation in the gym adverts will be a slightly out of focus background gym user, one of many varied individuals. The trainer got interested in weight training when his mother took it up after an injury and has done much education on womenโ€™s strength needs, particularly older women. He felt it was very important to have a wide group of varied individuals to convey the atmosphere he is fostering and not just the โ€˜hard body gym ratsโ€™ usually seen in these types of images. Iโ€™m pretty sure the fact Iโ€™m relatively short was part of the reason he wanted to use me, as well as the old lady reason.

I will admit, at this weight, I think I am looking good for my age, but donโ€™t be fooled, there is nary a muscle to be seen on my body. Well, except for the huge overdeveloped calf muscles Iโ€™ve had since childhood. Genetics can be strange lol.

@funshipfreddie I am crossing my fingers that you like the video and arrangements are easily put in place.

@matpi Congrats on the new 2022 low. I had to laugh at your โ€˜key is to keep plugging alongโ€™ – Iโ€™m the opposite in low energy days the key for me is the short restorative nap. 20 to 30 minutes-even just dozing can do wonders for me.

@jaifaim I love the long reminiscing conversations with my father, and glad you enjoy yours with your mom. Tho dad doesnโ€™t have any special affecting condition just having the memory of a 90 yr old is enough to frustrate him in current affairs, especially remembering the names. But if he temporarily misplaces the name of a childhood teacher he chalks it up to something that happens to all of us when talking about things that happened 50+ years ago and is kind to himself.

@michelleinme I too struggle to remember to have enough water. I wonder if there is an app or something for reminding and tracking that?

The heat is pretty incredible and with my hot flashes, it is very easy for me to forgo the alcoholic nightcap I might enjoy in cooler weather. My evening treat instead is often a handful of frozen grapes. Yum and a wonderful relief if the hot flash is โ€ฆ flashing? Lol.

Hope all are having a good weekend.

USA. Day 19. FD

Joining Funshipfreddie on the pocket list today!

Pocket List โ€“ Day 19 ๐Ÿ“
    @funshipfreddie
    @ccco

Just popping In for accountability! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Day 19 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 216 lbs (wake me up when the carb-laden days are gone). Trying to take control today with better choices or nothing at all until our little meal. Plan to do a FD from home tomorrow (never an easy task).

Thank goodness the garden is producing cucumbers prolifically right now. Helps with the hydration and the low calorie fiber.

Post 2
    Fatherโ€™s Day was fab – eat a lot though!thereforeโ€ฆ
    Can I go on the pocket list please!!
    Thanks ๐Ÿ™

Day 20, FD, Aus

Need this FD today. Iโ€™ve been good with FDs but like so many, the NFDs are a challenge and this weekend was very indulgent (but good fun).

OMG @mariaelena!!! That poor cat! I can only imagine the havoc and pain of the poor creature. Well done you for training โ€“ or being trained โ€“ to shake paws. Uber cute.

And great news @linda.b โ€“ so heartening to reach goal weight without having to rely on a hair cut. Kudos to you!

I echo @5413.5 @stitchincarol โ€“ serve hot and no need for extra sugar in the cream (but I fear you may well have opened a can of worms!) Personally, I am a jam-first person. Ah โ€“ Iโ€™ve just read @funshipfreddie has settled the answer!

Speaking of which, do we owe you 95% congratulations for having sold, @funshipfreddie? Fantastic news re securing new digs already.

Oooh @mariaelena โ€“ youโ€™re a gym celebrity now!

I love wasabi peas, @michelinme, your post re how many calories they have is the worst thing Iโ€™ve read today!

Yay @matpi โ€“ a cooperative a/c and a new low!

Day 20 pocket list
    @penz
    @brightonbelle โ€“ welcome back!

Day 20 โ€“ Monday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia FUN DAY (FD)๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ

This is the new me! Short hair (scrunchie gone!), fashion colour, kind of dark reddish/violet tones (previous medium blah brown) so more ooomph! Love it! What a fun day with my friend, deciding on the cut, style and colour… loads of girlfriend chatter.. all with some champers! And then stayed with them into the evening for dinner till late and watched the NZ Rugby (her DH is a Kiwi).

Relaxed afternoon and evening is just what I needed and then coming home with new ‘look’ …. bonus …. love it! So it’s been a long time between drinks too as I had resolved NO ALCOHOL till I reached goal weight. So had to be careful with the bubbly as also needing to drive home afterwards.

Sunday morning happy to find the scales were maintained… so happy days!๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿฅฐ

Today I will keep with my usual FUN DAY (FD) as is such a habit now and want to make sure this new weight is well and truly locked in.

Big question and advice sought here from the crew for ongoing maintenance and WOL. Quite a few of you are either in maintenance currently or have been before. Can you pass on all and any tips and advice on how to continue at this delicate point of only just having achieved goal and how to make it stick into the future? Your wisdom will be much appreciated. ๐Ÿ™

cheerie dearies

Day 20 pocket list
    @penz
    @linda.b ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Day 20 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Major PFDS for me! And major Wordle smugness; my new streak is now…drum roll…. 38 days! Can anyone top that? 98% correct ๐Ÿ˜‡

@mariaelena, @penz – thanks! I’m guessing 99% sold. The lady who wants to buy my place has applied for a 100% bond (didn’t even know they still did those after the 2008 financial kaput?) but she works for a bank, so… ๐Ÿคž

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”
    ~ Thomas A. Edison

I think @5413.5, you were referring to today’s pocket list?

Day 20 pocket list ๐Ÿ’
    @penz
    @linda.b ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
    @5413.5

Day20 FD
    Determined !!

Day 20 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Didn’t head out early as intended, at 4.30am bright sunshine streaming through the front windows, rolled over and went back to sleep.

Just popped in to put myself on the pocket list, it is Monday!

@funshipfreddie – win win situation for you, rental of an apartment that suits you for size and an option to buy, if you don’t like it it gives you breathing space to look around more leisurely ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope it works out for you.

Take care all

Day 20 pocket list
    @penz
    @brightonbelle
    @linda.b
    @5413.5
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 20, FD, Scotland

Lunch – ASDA Calorie Counted Piri Piri Chicken-275 calories
    Dinner – ASDA Plant Based Harissa, Chickpea & Grain Salad – 239 calories

Body attack after work.

Thats one thing im going to do differently this week, is exercise both fast days, i didnt exercise last Wednesday and hey that could have made all the difference!

Day 20- Ireland – NFD ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Monday morning and all is wellโ€ฆ the sun is shining and itโ€™s a good day. Remember – small steps every day and we get thereโ€ฆ

Summer is the hardest time for me to keep on trackโ€ฆ so digging deep. Well โ€ฆtrying toโ€ฆ FDs switched to Tuesday and Thursday this week.

I hope everyone has a good week ahead ๐Ÿ’ช

Day 20 UK FD

Right – back to reality! Gently easing myself back in to things

Ha – Iโ€™m just a week in front @funshipfreddie – 155 played current run 42 98% I was very annoyed the first time I didnโ€™t get it but itโ€™s more for fun now , I enjoy the daily 5 min challenge but I donโ€™t want to get obsessed

Thanks for putting me on the list

Day 20 pocket list
    @penz
    @brightonbelle
    @linda.b
    @5413.5
    @i-hate-lettuce

@5413.5 donโ€™t know why your name isnโ€™t in pink ? Canโ€™t see the typo ? Is there a secret ?

Day 20 – FD 800

Oh, @linda.b, your question about maintenance is something I too am trying to figure out. For the past few weeks, my weight is holding steady at the upper end of my maintenance range – Iโ€™m keeping an eagle eye on it.

Yesterday was a lovely lazy break for us. Lazy, yes, but Iโ€™m being strict about getting my cardio in, even with the damaged toe. I now wonder if I did break it, because it is healing at a greater speed than the toe I broke a few years ago. Iโ€™ve been able to wear regular shoes for short periods of time already, so whatever, it is progress. I miss hula hoop walking, but Iโ€™m energetically dancing in place with the hoop until the toe is better. If anyone were to peer into my window, I probably look like Iโ€™m doing the โ€˜70โ€™s Y.M.C.A. Dance.

It is HOT here, but good news on my fatherโ€™s front because it cooled down there. He does have a window a.c. unit, but hates to use it. We chatted for a good long time yesterday- in between rounds of golf, a game he is addicted to watching but unfortunately bores the tears out of me.

Just rambling now, so Iโ€™ll sign off til tomorrow

Day 20 pocket list
    @penz
    @brightonbelle
    @linda.b
    @5413.5
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @mariaelena

Day 20 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

Scale: 152.8 GAH!! I truly did not eat all that much yesterday, nor drink all that much, so I’m stunned at the ugly number. I know that our weight often reflects what we did two or three weeks ago, so I suppose I have to accept that number as a result of Memorial Day’s misbehavior–that was May 30. For now, I’m going to continue my behavior that I think is reasonable, and see what the scale does…but I sure HATE that I’m no longer in the low 140s!

@michelinme I hope the tiredness you were feeling at the beginning of the weekend was fixed by some putzing time, especially in the garden!

@matpi Congratulations on your lowest weight yet this year! What’s your goal, anyway? Do you have a long ways to go, or not all that far?

@jaifaim How lovely to have had a fun evening reminiscing with your mum…She may not be sharp with the here and now, but what a treasure to have her, and to share memories.

@i-hate-lettuce What a great description of the rugby game; I’m so glad it was such a thrill!

@funshipfreddie What a great combination of events that the two-bedroom place is opening up for you! Have you seen the video yet? Are you going to travel there anyway, or just go?

@mariaelena Frozen grapes, eh? In 1971, my mom and I spent the summer in a suburb of Tokyo, and I’ve never forgotten the image of all the locals who would eat–well suck on–frozen oranges while fanning themselves with lovely fans, men and women. Frozen grapes is a new one that I’ll have to try. And congratulations on the free gym training!

@penz I’ll think of you today as I fast–you’re already done as I type this, but what’s a global time difference got to do with support??? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@linda.b Too bad we don’t have the option of photos on this forum, but your new ‘do sounds absolutely perfect!

@funshipfreddie I’ve mostly abandoned Wordle. But Nerdle? Love, love, love it. LOVE it.

Wow, @i-hate-lettuce, bright sunshine at 4:30 am?? The birds start singing at 5:04 (I’ve been awake then often to know that precise time, LOL) but bright sunshine doesn’t happen until closer to six or even a bit after.

@goal10kg Today’s plan looks perfect. The only thing I could suggest as an improvement (says the woman who’s just gained ten pounds!!!) is to add steamed veggies into the menu; they add lots of bulk, so you feel fuller, have few calories, and are clearly healthy.

@brightonbelle I think @5413.5 doesn’t show up as a link because there’s a period/dot in the name, and there’s nothing to be done about it except for a name change, which I suggested when @5413.5 first showed up…

@mariaelena Perhaps your toe was only cracked, not broken through? When I was four, I cracked a leg bone, so I know that’s a medical reality. About twelve years ago, I broke three toes in one year, one of them twice. It was a bad year, LOL! And, it was winter for two of them, so wearing shoes was required. Thankfully, my typical shoe for winter is a fleece boot–like UGGs–so all that space inside was helpful, and perhaps one of my breaks was also merely a crack? Who knows, but I know it’s painful for you!

Okay, off to garden a bit, and then we’ll head off the hour’s distance to visit DH’s mom. Quiet day!

Day 20 pocket list
    @penz
    @brightonbelle
    @linda.b
    @5413.5
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @mariaelena
    @stitchincarol

Day 20 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 218 lbs. Egads, the weight has skyrocketed since Thursday morning, with a 10 lb increase. Well, here we go again, trying to get back to the lower 210s. Probably no goose-egg for me this week.

Day 20 pocket list
    @penz
    @brightonbelle
    @linda.b
    @5413.5
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @mariaelena
    @stitchincarol
    @northgeorgia

Day 21, NFD, Aus

Yay @linda.b โ€“ your happiness and positivity is pouring through my computer screen!

I thought you found FDs a breeze these days @funshipfreddie so was a little surprised you reported PFDS. Good for you! But well done on your Wordle streak. I need to check my stats.

Day 20 UK FD
    Day 19 UK NFD

I forgot to post yesterday! Lovely day out including travelling to my friend’s house & back by boat along the Thames – one of my favourite things to do. Largely v healthy lunch with lots of salads but also some fat slices of homemade oat soda bread puffed me up no end today.

It’s been a ridiculously long day today, 9-9 and just set aside a pile for tomorrow. SO popping in to post for accountability and make sure i’m on that Pocket List. Forgot to eat until mid evening so had the speediest nuked baked beans & scrambled eggs followed by blueberries and strawberries. Drank lots of lack coffee but only 2 litres water, not enough for such a hot day.

I didn’t make it into garden so there’s a heap of work to do. Still lots of seedlings to pot on and veg and flowers to plant out or repot. I’ve got a ridiculously full couple of weeks but lovely quiet Saturday, and hopefully some time on Thurs too when I can potter.

Sorry not to reply to posts – zzzzz

Day 20 pocket list
    @penz
    @brightonbelle
    @linda.b
    @54l3.5
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @mariaelena
    @stitchincarol
    @northgeorgia
    @michelinme

Day 20 — NFD
    Day 19 — NFD

Yesterday was a good NFD — stayed on target with the eating. It was very busy: church in the morning, reading group in the afternoon, and then some long telephone conversation in the evening.

Today started off as a regular MFD. Then I had an appointment with my dentist to have a look at a little bump that came up on one of my gums over the weekend. I didn’t think that it was much of anything, since there was no redness nor any pain. Apparently I was wrong. There was an infection in one tooth and I had an emergency root canal late this afternoon. So suddenly the day became a NFD.

This was my first visit to an endodontist and I must admit that the whole affair was not very painful at all. Or maybe it was all the numbing agent that the doc used. Between that and the post-procedure painkiller, I’m fairly unfocused right now. So, again, will have to catch up on what everyone’s been posting a little later.

Happy solstice to all!

Day 21 โ€“ Tuesday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia – my WEIGH DAY (NFD)

Today is my ACCOUNTABILITY DAY and happy to report that maintained the new weight which is just under my goal weight.๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜Š

@mariaelena re the maintenance range…. can you share what you think is a good maintenance range that you follow, for example, perhaps 1kg or 2kg? I’m not really sure about how to proceed ongoing.
    Also anyone else who could share their experience on maintenance range and generally 5:2 or 6:1 for ongoing maintenance …….. @i-hate-lettuce? you seem to have got this down pat too? Share?

@matpi oooh dear! Lucky you went to the dentist to check things out. I’d never heard of an endodontist… so just looked it up. Sounds like you’ve had the best treatment possible ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜.

It’s our Winter Solstice here today ie shortest day. It’s weird that the shortest and longest day (Summer Solstice) are not actually our coldest or hottest days. A meteorologist friend explained it to me once in great detail on why the coldest and hottest days are actually much later than the Solstice….. now forgotten but sounded so logical when he explained it back then!๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ™„

cheerie dearies

If itโ€™s not there, you canโ€™t eat it ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜›

Day 21 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

@stitchincarol – Re daylight, here in the north as we near mid-summer, sunrise was around 4am this morning! Some nights it doesn’t go totally dark, in fact in my (much) younger days we used to climb up Helvellyn (one of the highest Lakeland hills on the East side of the Lake District) on midsummers evening to be on the summit in time watch the sunrise, have had some spectacular sights.

@linda.b – “you seem to have got this down pat too? Share?”
    Pretty straightforward really, I’ve stopped eating and drinking as much as I used to! I’ve simply cut down, eating better, drinking less alcohol, keeping busy or short MOAM walks. I also don’t worry if I’m in my ‘buffer zone’ of 2 lbs.
    Mostly 5:2 and on non FD-s being aware of how much I’m consuming, I used to allow myself ‘one day a week off’ and eat drink what I wanted, but find I don’t do that much nowadays, unless visiting friends or a bbq when I just eat what I want.
    We’re both retired so are on holiday as often as we can, even then on holiday have 2 FD’s, they’re not always full on FD’s but on those 2 days make sure I ‘make the effort’. However when we get back home, straight away get back to 5:2 or even 4:3 until the scales gat back to pre holiday weight. Found that however long you are away it takes the same length of time to get back to where I was. Body (after 3 years) has started to let me know when I’ve overindulged. Main thing is don’t quit and I still keep an eye out for the Inner Warthog sniffing round ๐Ÿ˜‰

Take care all

Day 21 NFD Scotland

Well yesterday went well. The piri piri chicken was a really good lunch! And great idea to add veg, it was quite saucy so some veg mixed through would be awesome, may have that for dinner tomorrow!

I normally get an early night on a FD but we had FIL over last night, who no joke just eats all night, biscuits, chocolate, biscuits, chocolate and he finished with weetabix! I thought it would be hard to be present with someone munching like that, but it wasn’t. I think the company actually helped just keep me busy!

Another difference this week from last – no alcohol in the day between fasts!!!! Hoping my little tweaks do make a difference.

Well it’s avocado and poached egg on toast for brekkie, I literally fell asleep thinking about this last night ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 21 – Ireland – FD โœ… ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Well itโ€™s clear, when Iโ€™m super tired I eat all around me and I did that yesterday.

Major FD and reset needed today. My body and brain badly need it. ๐Ÿ’ช
    @matpi wow that was a quick turnaround in terms of starting the root canal treatment ๐Ÿ‘. And thank god you caught it before it became painfulโ€ฆ

Pocket list Day 21
    @jaifaim

Day 21 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@matpi – urrgh?! I don’t envy you; root canal?! I detest going to the dentist. I stress over just going for a checkup. I had an absolute monster of a dentist when I was a kid, & I didn’t go for about 10 years. My mum would make appointments for me, then I would call from school & cancel the appointment ๐Ÿ˜… I had horrific toothache in my early 20’s though. I eventually found the nicest, most patient lady dentist, & I’m forever grateful to her for helping me overcome my phobia. Having said that, I’ve got a checkup next week ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

@penz – I ALWAYS have PFDS ๐Ÿ˜… I do find the FDs easy most of the time, but I’m not one of those people who enjoys/looks forward to them. Maybe it’s not so much PFDS, but just relief that the FD is over

@goal10kg – avo & poached egg on toast – my absolute favourite breakfast; although I only have it after 11am. And I never make it myself because I’m bone idle & it tastes so much better if someone serves it to you, along with a huge cappuccino ๐Ÿ˜‹

@stitchincarol – the agent found/ sent me a bunch of pics of the unit she took before the current tenant moved in, & said it’s still in immaculate condition. So that’s good enough for me. The cost of flights, accommodation, cattery & car hire just to go down there for a couple of days..?! So long as the roof is still on when I get there I think I’ll be happy ๐Ÿค”

@linda.b – I think I agree with everything @i-hate-lettuce said re maintenance, except that bit about being “on holiday as much as we can” ๐Ÿ˜… For me 6:1 wouldn’t work; it has to be 5:2 & sometimes 4:3. Depends on how active I’ve been. Fasting regularly for several years has definitely reset my appetite & so I naturally feel full with smaller, infrequent meals. It’s just a matter of keeping an eye on the scales, but not obsessively. I aim for 71 – 73 kgs, though it’s been a while since I was under 73 due to a little too much ๐Ÿท But, it may take a while to figure out your ideal maintenance plan, with a tweak or two here & there.

Day 21 โ€“ Tuesday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ my WEIGH DAY – (NFD) 2nd post

uh-oh! My email inbox has filled up with notifications from “The Fast Diet website <tech@thefastdiet.co.uk”……

It seems the little checkbox down below “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” has inexplicably and suddenly became ticked and lots of email auto-sent….
    Don’t know how that happened so have unticked it now.

Ahhh, the mysteries of the webiverse!

Did that happen to anyone else?

Day 21 – USA/GA – OMAD

Weigh-in: 214 lbs. Aw, it is so disappointing to see what used to be a pre-FD weight now be a post-FD weight. Let’s just say someone giving me a free gallon of sweet tea in the middle of last week was not the best idea! The temptation was too great over the weekend and it became obvious on the scales.

Anyway, I’ll do OMAD today and another FD tomorrow, and NO MORE gallons of tea sitting around in my refrigerator while it quickly depletes itself into my tummy!

Good luck to everyone on the pocket list today.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 376 total)

You must be logged in to reply.