Jump in June! – June 2022 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Jump in June! – June 2022 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 366 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  ccco 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 376 total)

• Day 8 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@michtobesmall – finally another African! ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ผ

@daffodil2010 – welcome back & Happy Birthday for yesterday! ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐Ÿฅณ๏ธ ๐Ÿฅ‚

@penz, @matpi, @michelinme – ooh, long story! I moved here 13 months ago, & have had nothing but drama from day 1. I love the apartment, but the Body Corporate/Trustees?! Managing agents? All very dodgy. We’re having a special general meeting next week to sort out a lot of issues, but I’ve had enough. The family above me?! They moved in 6 weeks after me, with two hyperactive kids, aged 1 & 6, & zero parenting skills. The kids do what they like, when they like. Then there was the unrest/riots in July &, well, you get the picture ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ. So I’m seriously thinking of ‘semigrating’ to the Eastern Cape. Maybe Port Elizabeth, which is about 1000 kms away. But they’re having serious problems with water due to an ongoing drought since 2015. So wherever I go I’m going to rent first, instead of rushing things like I did with this place. This will be my fourth move since 2019. Maybe I should just buy a mobile home & drive around the country? ๐Ÿ˜…

Happy Hump Day! ๐Ÿซ

Day 8
    89.10 K

18:6 and keeping calories down- cooking spaghetti bolognaise tonight so will have find alternatives to the pata

I have swimmers ear as well- hope your infection clears up soon
    Happy55th birthday ๐Ÿฅณ

Have a good day!

Day 8 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 214 lbs. OMAD did not go so well last night, definitely overstuffed myself, and gained a little over 3 lbs at morning weigh-in. Not really a fair comparison, weighing in so quickly after an overnight sleep and mostly bloating, but I really think I do exercise better self control with lunch away from home. Anyway, today is a WFD, and tomorrow will be a regular NFD. I will probably do ZBC on Friday. Going to try the 2 non-B2B WFDs a week + at least one OMAD a week for a while and see how it goes. Looks like if I’m going to do OMAD, it will be lunch (I really wonder what the point is if I’m waiting until I get home and eat two hours before bedtime).

Oh my ear is 100% better today!!

Pocket list day 8
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia

Day 8 UK CD

Yesterday morphed into CD with the evening addition of popcorn! But still a solid CD and something has definitely shifted in my relationship with food. After almost 2 weeks i’m eating more slowly & mindfully, more aware of when I’m full, eating less and drinking more. This morning I weighed 184lb again tho feeling slightly puffier.

Today will be a CD to set me up for tomorrow’s FD again. Meetings finished much later than planned yesterday – hence tired popcorn? – so have veg to eat up today. I’m going to have a late lunch of spinach and eggs ahead of my 2pm zoom, then early supper of vegan chorizo with half jacket potato, cauliflower, courgette, aubergine, spinach and pepper followed by either berries or stewed apple and vegan custard. The eggs and spinach seems great at keeping supper eating down!

@daffodil2010 lovely to see you! Your weekend sounds lovely. Happy birthday for Monday – particularly poignant celebration, mindful of your lovely mother. So glad you are feeling well and health again. I’m 40lbs over my goal weight and happy to join you in the downward slide x
    @penz i googled your dogs – they sound fun!
    @matpi yay for a good NFD – the secret to this WOL
    @linda.b love your quotes, thank you
    @funshipfreddie that sounds like a pain. Good luck with the sale and hunting for new home
    @5413.5 i use pasta that’s also protein for reduced carb & making me feel full on less. eg pea pasta, chickpea, red lentil

Strength to today’s fasters!

Day 8 – ?

Not sure if I will join in the fast today or not. Yesterday was an 800 day (#reasons) and 3 in a row seems excessive for maintenance.

@penz – what strong looking dogs that breed has! Good looking dogs!

@daffodil2010 lHappy b-day! ๐ŸŽŠ

@michelleinme You keep mentioning vegan chorizo. So yummy!! I love it!

@5413.5 When DH makes pasta (he makes some delicious sauces) I often put his sauce over some mixed froze. Veggies that have been steamed or roasted. You might try that. Or just buy squash noodles- they are yum.

@funshipfreddie – I canโ€™t imagine RV lifestyle but I can see it might have advantages. I empathize you – with those inconsiderate upstairs neighbors

Same ol same ol here. Wishing all a good day.

USA Day 8. FD

Still sick but down 12 lbs. Can’t argue with that! I am, however, on the mend. Thanks goodness!

Hope everyone is well and having a very nice day!

Day 9, FD, Aus

Youโ€™re right @matpi, there was a police show called Blue Heelers. Iโ€™ve never heard police referred to as Blue Heelers, but maybe they took the name because they wear a blue uniform and may well nip at the heels of criminals (cattle dogs drive cattle by โ€“ sometimes โ€“ nipping at their heels)! Thanks @mariaelena: all biases aside, I agree, they are very fine looking dogs! ๏Š

Oh @funshipfreddie, you have been having a rough time of it. 4 moves in less than 4 years is not fun. I do like the idea of caravanning around the country!! Not sure what itโ€™s like in South Africa, but in Australia the years of COVID and inability to travel overseas has driven (pun intended) many Aussies to adopt the nomadic lifestyle. As a result the cost to purchase a caravan/mobile home and the time to wait for one to be built/imported, has absolutely sky rocketed. Good luck for a speedy sale.

Glad to hear you’re on the mend, @ccco. Cross fingers you recover sufficiently to enjoy the weekend.

Day 9 pocket list:
    @penz [hoping a Thurs FD is as much a breeze as my Monday one]

Day 9 โ€“ Thursdayโ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia FUN DAY (FD)๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜

Hi @5413.5 – re pasta and your yummy bolognaise….. being coeliac, pasta is always a problem for me even though there are a few GF pastas available these days. Anyway, I digress, many years ago I bought a good veg spiralizer and make, for instance, zucchini (courgette) noodles to replace pasta. You can also make sweet potato, pumpkin, carrot, aubergine noodles. Easy-peasy! I found beetroot noodles quite delicious but very messy when spiralizing. Hope that helps. You definitely don’t want to miss out on that bolognaise!
    @ccco – 12lbs! A silver lining at least. That’s a medal for you!๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ† Glad to see you back on deck but sorry to hear still not 100% and hope you continue to improve today๐Ÿคž.

@funshipfreddie, whoever said “you can choose your friends but you can’t choose your relatives” should have actually said “you can choose your friends but you can’t choose your relatives OR YOUR NEIGHBOURS!” Lucky me, my current neighbours are good but there have been times in the past when that wasn’t so.

Off to work I go!

cheerie dearies

Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dine like a pauper
    ๐Ÿฅฃ๐Ÿฅฃ๐Ÿฅฃ๐Ÿฅฃ๐Ÿฅฃ

Day 9 pocket list:
    @linda.b – We’re having a cold snap, so soup today!๐Ÿฅฃ๐Ÿฅฃ๐Ÿฅฃ๐Ÿฅฃ

Day 8 Ohio, US — NFD

Most definitely this has been a non-routine day. I had my acupuncture treatment, so didn’t get any yoga or walking in. As I was sitting down to supper, the area was put under a tornado warning, so I had to go into a “safe” room for the duration of the warning — about half an hour. A tornado appears to have passed by about 15 miles (24 km) away. Fortunately it appears that no one was hurt by this one. South and southeast of the city where I live there were some really strong tornadic activity, but no reports about damage or injuries have come in yet.

@ccco Hope you get back to normal quickly and completely!

@michelinme I think slow mindful eating is very important, although I’m far from being there yet. It’s interesting that on fast days, I spend as much time eating a 130 calorie meal as I do a bigger meal on NFD’s. It would be nice to carry that practice over to all my meals.

@funshipfreddie I’ve often fantasized about adopting the nomad life, but I just have too much stuff to do that. I suppose that the minimalist ideal is Jack Reacher — but that is way beyond me. Unfortunately, no place you can live is 100% perfect, so it’s a matter of balancing trade-offs. Noisy neighbors, though, maybe shouldn’t have to be in the mix.

By the way here’s a good explanation of the Jack Reacher approach:

But why do I love Reacher? Mostly itโ€™s his minimalism. He is fictions greatest minimalist. He travels super light. An old passport, some cash, an ATM card, and a folding toothbrush are his only luggage. His tastes in food are minimal. Strong black coffee and cheeseburgers. He has a minimalist wardrobe. He only has one outfit. Which gets dumped when he buys his next one every few days or so. In every way he epitomises the โ€˜less is moreโ€™ philosophy.

A coffee and cheeseburger diet? That also is way beyond this vegetarian.

Day 9 โ€“ Thursdayโ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia FUN DAY (FD) – 2nd post

@matpi – thank you for reminding me about slow, mindful eating…. You are quite right it is something we should do. When I started on this current challenge I was quite good at eating slowly and placing the knife and fork down whilst I had food in my mouth (my mother would have said that was part of good table etiquette!) but these days we seem to always be in a hurry and have forgotten that….).
    So thank you for the reminder and I RESOLVE from today to implement slow, mindful eating and putting the knife and fork down whilst eating. I can hear my mother now chiding us gently to eat slowly, put the knife and fork down and finish what you are eating before you pick up for more food. A timely reminder and, noted also, my mother’s generation didn’t have weight issues because of over-eating๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜‹

Day 9 pocket list:
    @linda.b โ€“ Weโ€™re having a cold snap, so soup today!๐Ÿฅฃ๐Ÿฅฃ๐Ÿฅฃ๐Ÿฅฃ

Day 9 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช- CD

Another early start, this working overtime is tiring but looking forward to the payday…plus my sleep is great…I slept straight from 10pm until 5.50am!!!

Weight still saying the same, this menopause ain’t no joke and weight just will NIT go…but I am in good form and feel great. Got the results of my ultrasound and nothing to worry about, so all checked out inside and absolutely nothing untoward….so woo hoo for that!!!

@funshipfreddie, hope you find somewhere. Having a camper van myself, I quite like the nomadic life, but an do love coming home to my lovely house and garden too ๐Ÿ˜€
    @penz we were lucky we built our own van in 2018/2019… It’s worth it’s weight in gold now, and we are astounded by the prices for campers these days!! Over โ‚ฌ100k for a good spec one ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Though the cost of fuel takes a shine off the travelling lifestyle.

Anyhoo, it’s a CD, a fish day, mackerel,for lunch, salmon and green veg for dinner.

Have a great Thursday.

Day 9 UK FD

89.4 kilo
    Should have bought a spiralzer – good idea as pasta dinner far too tasty
    Would Jack Reacher use one though?
    But I did go for a brisk 5 k run before cooking which made me feel very virtuous
    ๐Ÿ‘

Day 9 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 210 lbs. Yay, that’s twice this week. No goose-egg this week, but just as good as. Today’s an appreciation lunch at an Italian restaurant, so I’ll do a ZBC tomorrow, and perhaps another OMAD if a nice late lunch is in order. Need to break yesterday’s WFD with some nuts this morning before today’s grease hits my stomach!

Day 9 – Rural Nebraska, USA – 19/5

The week is going well, although busy…but last night, I got to sit on the sofa with my feet up for the entire evening…it felt wonderful to have some quiet time while watching Ocean’s 8 and doing some hand stitching.

Eating is going fine: no progress on weight loss, but also no gorging myself, and our schedule is such that any normalcy at all is cause for celebration.

We have a graveside service this Saturday morning with a lake house gathering following it, so despite the sad reason, it will be a lovely time. Then? I have no more big commitments until a two-day convention at the end of the month; my days will be my own! I am so, so looking forward to that!

@daffodil2010 Happy 55th birthday. ๐Ÿฅฐ Daddy died at 57 when I was in 3rd grade, so as each of our three children got through 3rd grade and DH was still with us, and then when DH turned 58, it was a tiny little relief, so I know the emotions you’re feeling at this landmark birthday. โค๏ธ

@mariaelena Wow. Just wow. 128??? Wow. Congratulations on staying the course so well!

Those are the two I remember off the top of my head; have a lovely rest of your week, everyone, and I’ll be back in normal fashion on Monday!

Day 9 – 16:8 CD

Interestingly (to me anyway) that so soon after I mentioned here that I like the temp in the home warmer than my husband to see this article saying there is good science behind the observations that women generally like the indoor temp warmer than men.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-08/women-might-feel-the-cold-more-than-men-heres-why/101135250

I turn up the indoor temp 3ยฐ (f) when DH leaves the house to make it more comfortable for me and to save money in the summer.

My official weigh-in day is Thursday am (after my weekly fast days) and it is now official. 128.4 on the scale this morning. Thanks @stitchincarol for the noticing- Iโ€™m pretty proud, and can certainly credit 5:2 with getting to this healthy weight.

@daffodil2010 I second your thoughts- menopause ainโ€™t no no joke! And good point in the cost of fueling! That ainโ€™t no joke either! Very glad the ultrasound results were good!

Ok, got to shuffle off here (pun intended, lol) hoping all are well.

2nd post

@matpi I had to look up Jack Reacher. Action movies are not my thing and Iโ€™m woeful on pop culture.

But Iโ€™ll say this, discarding used clothes and buying new ones rather than carry a spare and do laundry seems awfully wasteful and decadent (not to mention expensive) to me – lol. So Iโ€™ll imagine he donates the used ones to good causes. ๐Ÿ˜€

I think Iโ€™m going to jump in, late! Still 2/3rds of the month left ๐Ÿ˜…

Day 9 UK FD

Yesterday was nearly a FD800 but I consciously swerved to a CD to set myself up for a solid FD500 today – and it has worked! This morning I weighed in at 184lb making me very excited for Friday’s weekly weigh day.

It’s been a heck of a day – so much in it that i couldn’t keep up, so coming to post late after supper instead of with morning coffee. But I also made a roast beetroot, spinach and red lentil dahl with orange peppers while on a long catch up call with an old friend who was making soup. I wasn’t really concentrating on the cooking but it’s come out really well – creamy and with slightly crunchy beetroot – and pudding has been strawberries, blueberries and plum with cinnamon and raw cacao. Yummy and total 445 calories. I have FD smugness, so goodness knows what i’ll be like by tomorrow!

—–

@ccco i’m so sorry you are still sick, tho yay for the silver lining of 12lbs down!Hope you feel better very soon

@penz hope that mojo is holding strong

@matpi I hope you got your supper around the tornado warning! I’m getting better at eating more slowly, putting the spoon down and doing something else for a while, looking out the window, thinking, going back for a bit more. After a long while with meals and food as functional or emotion-damping, this feels like a better place to be. I’m another The Amazon series has been much truer to the books than the films which I couldn’t bring myself to watch!

@daffodil2010 I’m so glad your ultrasound result was clear and you re feeling in good form. I’ve found weight shift a lot harder after menopause. But if we stick with it it will go

@5413.5 well done on the 5k run!

@northgeorgia sounds as tho your new pattern may be working well for you

@stitchincarol sometimes not gaining can be good progress in itself

@mariaelena congratulations on reaching 128.4!

@losinglana Welcome to Jump In June, it’s great to have you with us. I rejoined 5:2 via the May challenge on the 27th – those few May days set me up really well to jump into June. Make yourself at home and when you’re ready do introduce yourself

Day 9 pocket list:
    @linda.b โ€“ Weโ€™re having a cold snap, so soup today!๐Ÿฅฃ๐Ÿฅฃ๐Ÿฅฃ๐Ÿฅฃ
    @5413.5
    @michelinme

Day 10, NFD, Aus

Another good FD yesterday. Iโ€™m a little reluctant โ€“ scared? โ€“ to call it, but I think my mojo is back, has unpacked its suitcase, and settled in for the duration.

Cold snap, @linda.b? Snort! But I know itโ€™s all relative. How was your soup?

@matpi. Another Reacher fan!! Tho I have to say, Iโ€™ve not read the latest since Lee Child passed on the mantle to his brother. Ha ha, @5413.5, thereโ€™s NO way Reacher would use a spiralizer!!! @mariaelena โ€“ forget the movie/tv adaptations (especially Tom Cruise as Reacher โ€“ really really bad fit) and read the books.

Welcome @losinglana! Tell us about yourself!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 10 โ€“ Friday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia (NFD)๐Ÿฆ˜๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ

Really? Really? How could it be Friday again so soon?๐Ÿ˜

The days are just slipping by this year for me. The beginning of the year was so hard with the ‘break-up’ but now here we are half-way through the year and, not only survived it, but I’m reconnecting with my inner self and enjoying life so much more! Ok, of course there are some miserable moments… but more and more happier moments.๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜ Thanks to you all! Budging the kilos is just one part of it, but a powerful part, as it reinforces that, on my own, I CAN and WILL find my own pathways. โ€œAttitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.โ€ ~ Winston Churchill

@penz the soup was delicious and just as well as I have gallons of it in the freezer! If I get time this weekend, I’d like to brew up a big quantity of French Onion soup, albeit without the bread and cheese! I love French Onion soup but have to steel myself to make it…. all that slicing of the onions has me weeping! I usually take my chopping board and mandolin to the deck and wear a pair of big, bright purple Dame Edna onion-chopping glasses to get the job done! Now there’s a photo opportunity!๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

DD very excited as her tri-colour Border Collie gave birth to 9 pups during the night. 6 girls, 3 boys. They are BORDOODLES…the dad is a toffee coloured poodle. All doing well and she has pre-orders for 4-5 of them already. They have been breeding pups (one litter a year) for several years and, oh my gosh, the pups are always so cute and bring so much happiness!

@losinglana – Hi there! Welcome to the group…. bit like the Hotel California, hey?
    Welcome to the Hotel California
    Such a lovely place (such a lovely place)
    Such a lovely place
    Plenty of room at the Hotel California
    Any time of year (any time of year)
    You can find it here
    Intermittent Fasting is such a reliable way to lose weight. Being in the group is an added support with tips and tricks along the way.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@5413.5 your energy is absolutely contagious! Medal for you!๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ†
    @stitchincarol … you are also the Queen of activity too… so glad you’ve kept some time for yourself for the rest of the month..๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ†
    @mariaelena -such an inspiration….. 128.4 you rock girl!๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ†
    @northgeorgia – 210lbs … yay! see? you CAN do it!๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ†
    @penz – you found your mojo… yay! You always knew where to find it ๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ†
    @daffodil2010 – menopause sucks! there is nothing fun about it! But you’re surviving it๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ†๐Ÿงธ๐Ÿงธ The worst thing my doctor ever said to me was “about 5% of women will continue to have hot flushes into old age”… what!!! So obviously of all the maladies one can get, that is the one I am stuck with! I can’t win Lotto, but I won the 5% of women! It also makes it easier to add fat and then harder to budge fat
    …. yep, menopause sucks!

@michelinme.. our fearless monthly leader. You are so on course… love the diversity of food you’re preparing… all fresh and tasty and yummm…such an inspiration!๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ†
    @ccco … hope you are feeling a little better today.. Such a good example to us that even when not 100% you keep going with the plan, that takes RESOLVE ๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ†
    @matpi .. you too @matpi!.. you don’t let those tornadoes disrupt the PLAN! ๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ†
    @funshipfreddie …. you are fun…. we all love your contributions and can’t wait for the next episode… just picturing you in grey-nomad mode parked by a deserted beachside somewhere sunny… you show us how to enjoy life! ๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ†
    @I-H-L medal for you too if you’re watching…. you show us that life can really be a holiday… if we make it!๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ†
    What… we all got medals? You bet! If I missed someone.. then here’s another for you too ๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ†

cheerie dearies

โ€œAttitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.โ€ ~ Winston Churchill

Day 9 Ohio, US — MFD

Whew! It feels like it’s been a long day!

@linda.b 9 pups! That’s a lot. Is that usual for border collies?

@penz In my opinion the Reacher books are better, too! Although the Amazon Reacher series is pretty faithful to the book.

Have to sign off now — A friend of mine called and we talked for about two and a half hours, so I’m all talked out.

Catch you all tomorrow!

Day 10 โ€“ Friday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia (NFD)๐Ÿฆ˜๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ – 2nd post

@matpi – yes 9 pups is actually lower than usual. Last year, her other border collie had 13! What a busy time that was! Cute when born but you can imagine the chaos (and fun) of 13 puppies bouncing about all over the place!๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜

Day 10 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – (reluctant) FD

Oops?! Forgot to post yesterday; I didn’t get any fasting done anyway.

@losinglana – welcome!

@daffodil2010, @penz, @mariaelena & @linda.b – no, the RV/nomadic lifestyle doesn’t appeal to me at all. I like my home comforts, & I’m not crazy about driving. I’ve got the attention span of a mosquito. Boo Boo wouldn’t approve either, I don’t think…

@matpi – Jack Reacher/Lee Child books?! I know people rave about them, & I’ve tried to read one a couple of times; just couldn’t get into it. Maybe I should give it another shot. But I think I get more minimalist & less tolerant of clutter as I get older. My last few moves have made me realize how little stuff I actually need/use. Decluttering is quite therapeutic – addictive even – once you make a start.

Happy Fri-yay! ๐Ÿท

Pocket List – Day 10 ๐Ÿ’
    @funshipfreddie

Day 10 UK CD?

Yesterday was another successful FD, coming in at 470 woop woop! As predicted, my PFDS knows no bounds. Friday is my weekly weigh day and realised I forgot to weigh in last Friday so measuring losses for the fortnight since I jumped back in towards the end of the May challenge…. (drumroll) I’m down FIVE WHOLE POUNDS to 182lbs! That was my goal for the month so I’m revising monthly goal down to 178, where I started this WOL back in Dec 2017. I’ve also lost a whole inch from my bust and 0.5 from my waist and thighs, tho hips stubbornly lagging behind ๐Ÿ˜€

I’m so glad I jumped back on the waggon. My thinking is clearer, energy is up, i’m feeling more grounded and less overwhelmed. It’s been an unbeliveable week but I’m still going strong, sugar and chocolate cravings kept nicely under control by berries and cacao and eating more from scratch. Today’s late lunch will be eggs and spinach and tonight i’m going to break out and have supermarket battered ‘fish’ made with banana leaf and seaweed – one of my favourites! – with either baked potato & peas or cauliflower and salad.

Today I’ve got shedloads to do – a script to write for hosting online seminar this afternoon, seminar to host and two papers to read and comment on and send back by the end of the day, plus gf vegan soda bread to bake for tomorrow morning’s community gathering. The sun is shining and my plants are calling out for attention but they’ll have to wait until Saturday afternoon.

@penz yay for a second successful FD – your mojo is well and truly back! Now just the weekend days to get through and you’ll be on a roll
    @linda.b the puppies sound so cute – and such a lot of work! I would love to have a dog again but meanwhile enjoying hearing about everyone else’s canine companions. I LOVE your Friday awards – thank you for epic encouragement
    @matpi hope today is a lighter one
    @funshipfreddie here’s strength to your Friday fast day

Day 10 – USA/GA – ZBC and ???

Weigh-in: 214 lbs. Had our nice Italian buffet lunch yesterday, so going to do at least a ZBC today. Hoping it can be an OMAD because I should have chores and shopping to do mid-day, so perhaps an early supper is in order, which would be perfect! Will do another FD on Sunday and probably an OMAD on Monday.

Gotta run!

Day 10 – 16:8 CD

Made chicken broth yesterday and enjoying some of it for lunch today. I freeze our chicken bones and had 4 carcasses in the very large pot, so lots of broth can be frozen in nice one cup portions for future use.

I have a bunch of Lee Child books in our library, I think my husband must have read them, I will check them out.

Not much happening here just the usual allergies, hot flashes and hobbling – gonna take some resolve to exercise today, but canโ€™t let that stop me. I hate getting started, but always feel good after exercising so just have to focus on that!

Have a great weekend all!

Day 10 Ohio, US — NFD

A good NFD — I’ve kept on target with eating and got a half hour walk in, but got a late start in the morning, so I didn’t do my yoga practice. That means that this has been a week with one of the lowest total times of exercise. And it appears that the scales back this up: 181.6 lb (82.4 kg), up from 180.6 lb (81.9 kg). For various and sundry reasons, I think that the 180.6 was a little too low and the 181.6 a little too high, but it still is a warning sign to turn around things quickly!

By the way, the official confirmations are in: Wednesday night there were 6 tornadoes in the area. One of them was big — 700 yards across. Fortunately, no one hurt. Phew!

@mariaelena One word of warning about the Jack Reacher books: they are pretty violent. But violent in the sense of the James Bond movies, but not violent in the detective noir sense. So they read really fast and aren’t depressing. Enjoy!

@funshipfreddie I’ve been in the middle of decluttering since my last move. I had thought that I had a full year to downsize and declutter before moving. Instead it was four weeks, so I’ve had lots of boxes stacked up around the place for the last two years. I’ve cleared out about half of them, but it’s still slow going.

@linda.b When I purchased my Maltese a long time ago, there were more than a dozen little white Maltese pups floating around. Sitting in the living room and talking to the owner was like sitting in the middle of a snow storm! With border collies, I suppose it’s like being in a salt and pepper storm!

Day 11 โ€“ Saturdayโ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia (NFD) ๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป

Saturday but will be working in the office today.. June is always a nightmare month for me… don’t know why but just know it is! Cโ€™est la vie!

@michelinme – I’m so intrigued, what is this “supermarket battered โ€˜fishโ€™ made with banana leaf and seaweed” ???? 5lbs (2.26kg)? ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ Well done… you rock lady!

@matpi – loved the analogy of the salt and pepper puppy storm! When my relationship ended in January my DD and so many friends urged me to adopt a puppy or kitten. Now we have another batch of puppies the urging is happening again. However, I do intend to retire and travel โœˆโœˆ over the the next couple years, so I’ve resisted the pleas to take on a pet. So much more fun to watch and play with them at my DD’s house! Must admit I do miss Louie, my friend’s little Frenchie. He is the fittest little Frenchie you’ve ever seen and loved jumping into the lake every morning for a swim which flies in the face of the urban myth that Frenchie’s can’t swim! We went walking at dawn every morning when they were neighbours but unfortunately she moved and took Louie with her of course!

@mariaelena – you are so right…. it’s the getting started that is the hard part!๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

That’s my distraction for this morning, so back to work….

Have a great weekend everyone.

cheerie dearies

โ€œSing like no oneโ€™s listening, love like youโ€™ve never been hurt, dance like nobodyโ€™s watching, and live like itโ€™s heaven on earth.โ€ Mark Twain

Weekend Trivia: Mark Twain was a pseudonym ….his real name was Samuel Langhorne Clemens

Day 11 Uk
    89.4 18:6
    Big Family visit today- I am thinking of menu !
    Hmmm ๐Ÿค”- food gong better recently- cooking with Tofu and Miso, recommend this as super tasty cheap and low calorie.
    Will continue with a good run and swim this weekend
    Must dash!

Day 11 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

We’re back from a fabulous week over in North Yorkshire, what a great time, the scenery is stunning, the natives were friendly and we had a great time.
    We rented a cottage that is a converted barn, a couple of hundred yards down a track and in the middle of four fields, spent the week in one of the most relaxing places we’ve found (and we’ve found some really nice places!) Three fields were full of rabbits, sheep and their lambs, the other field one of the nicest wildflower meadows I’ve seen in a long time. The birdlife was pretty impressive as well, buzzards, curlews, oystercatchers were plentiful.
    Easy travelling around and lots to do and see, some of you would be taken with the names of some of the towns and villages, we often went through Little Crakehall and its marginally larger village Great Crakehall, other places such as Oxnop Ghyll, Muker, Yafforth, Snilesworth and Butterbridge. My favourite was Crackpot and thought of @stitchincarol as we passed through Thimbleby … ๐Ÿ˜‰

So a great time, overdosed on fresh air, good food and wine sat out of an evening relaxing. Booked a return trip later this year, so much still to explore!

Take care all

Pocket list day 11
    @i-hate-lettuce … who ate lots of pies ๐Ÿ™‚

2 post
    Chicken breast tray bake and rice
    That should do it!
    ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜Š

Day 11 โ€“ Saturdayโ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia (NFD) – 2nd post

Hey, @i hate lettuce… the kids have doubled in size since you left!๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜

Your holiday jaunt sounds so idyllic ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜Š.

Day 11 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Easy FD yesterday, just keeping busy with jobs around the apartment. Had a good week generally & managed my minimum 9000 steps per day.

@i-hate-lettuce – welcome ๐Ÿก. Sounds like you & Mrs i-hate-lettuce had a lovely time, & I love the names of those towns & villages ๐Ÿ˜…
    In the North West province of South Africa there’s a farm called Tweebuffelsmeteenskootmorsdoodgeskietfontein. 44 letters! It’s Afrikaans, & means “the spring where two buffaloes were shot stone-dead with one shot”.

@#matpi – re the 4 weeks notice, I remember you mentioning that at the time. It must’ve been very stressful ๐Ÿ˜ณ I don’t know why moving is so stressful, but it doesn’t get any easier with practice ๐Ÿ˜’

Have a good weekend y’all โ›…๏ธ ๐ŸŒˆ

Day 11 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 213 lbs. Yesterday’s OMAD didn’t “quite” work out, but the good thing is I didn’t eat until 5 p.m., and although I did snack a little afterwards off and on, my eating window did stop by 9 or 10:00, so I had a small eating window. Dropped half a pound or so.

So the results of my week are promising. About 0.5 lbs down from last week, and that was with the huge Thursday lunch buffet celebration. I’ll attempt this plan for next week:

Su (WFD) – Mo (OMAD) – Tu (ZBC/OMAD?) – We (NFD) – Th (WFD) – Fr(ZBC/OMAD?) – Sa (NFD)

I’m finding the OMADs/small eating windows are helping with control on full NFDs. You can have a nice “craving” meal on an OMAD and you’re not really up for any ruinous EFS on the regular NFDs!

USA. Day 11. FD

I am finally on the mend! Thank goodness! I am also now 2 lbs. away from my final goal! Wahoo!

Joining today’s pocket list,

Pocket list day 11
    @i-hate-lettuce โ€ฆ who ate lots of pies ๐Ÿ™‚
    @ccco

Have a great weekend, all! ๐Ÿ˜Œ

Day 11 – 16:8 CD

Accountability- still on track.

@ccco fantastic news, both the weight and that you are on the mend!

@linda.b donโ€™t work too hard, and I hope you can enjoy tomorrow!

Ciao til tomorrow and good thoughts to all.

Day 11 UK NFD

Up & out early this morning for monthly community gathering, now home to edit/feedback on two papers then spend the rest of the weekend gardening and resting up.

Yesterday could have been another CD but after supper I added 50g popcorn with melted vegan butter, making a nice easy 1200 calories day. Today is definitely a NFD – homemade oat soda bread and a roll plus vegan icecream – that’s my carb and sugar intake for the week. As with last weekend I can feel the sugar hit my gut within minutes – most peculiar. But I’m going to take it as a signal my body isn’t happy and skip this ‘treat’ next weekend!

I weighed in at 182 again this morning despite not being DAFD. Planning for a big salad with cauliflower and either vegan fish or vegan chorizo – I do enjoy the indulgence of vegan easy protein on NFD.

—-

@matpi the idea of a 700 yard hurrican is terrifying – amazing that no-one was hurt

@linda.b hope your office day went well. i love fish and chips – but i haven’t eaten fish since 1990. Since i became vegan in 2018 I’ve been on a mission to find great tasting vegan ‘fish’. Over the last few years it’s been becoming more easily available on restaurant, cafe and pub menus and now also in some supermarkets. The ingredients for ‘fish’ vary but tofu, mushroom and banana blossom are the most common, often marinaded in something, wrapped in seaweed, coated in batter or breadcrumbs and then fried – tho supermarket varieties just go in the oven! My mistake – the one I’d bought was made of tofu and mushroom with batter, the one I’ve made is banana blossom – recipe here https://www.elephantasticvegan.com/banana-blossom-vegan-fish/ or beer batter recipe here https://www.veganrecipeclub.org.uk/recipes/10-minute-banana-blossom-fish/

@ihatelettuce welcome back. That sounds like an idyllic break on the Yorkshire moors. This is the place to shed your pies!

@5413.5 that sounds like a great family menu. Hope all goes well with the visit

@northgeorgia great to know you can drop 1/2 pound or so through having a small eating window when OMAD doesn’t quite work out

@ccco so glad you are finally on the mend! And way to go with being so close to your final goal – the silver lining for encouragement as you get back to health

We’re missing some lovely regulars and hope all is okay with @jaifaim @at and everyone else. Wishing you all a lovely weekend x

2nd post

An odd food craving (for me) the past few days for eggplant (aubergine). Gonna roast some eggplant steaks tonight. Will probably dress them with mozzarella and spice.

I donโ€™t usually have food cravings, so Iโ€™m gonna listen.

Day 12 โ€“ Sunday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia (NFD) ๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป

@michelinme that banana blossom faux fish sounds quite yummy. I’m not vegetarian but always open to try new foods. I’ll check out the supermarket for those banana blossom tins. They actually look a little like they have the texture of artichokes in the pictures. I don’t like fried foods but I would assume one could use them in other dishes too. You are quite right that some of the regulars have gone MIA for a bit. No doubt, they’ll be back to say hello sometime soon. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜€

@mariaelena I love eggplant (aubergine) too and find it a very versatile and filling veg, using it most days. In days of yesteryear, it was a very difficult to prepare veg needing to be salted, rested and then dried etc. These days they’ve improved it a lot and can just pop it into dishes without any prep at all.

@ccco you are doing so well ….. it’s exciting being so close to your goal at last! ๐Ÿ˜€

cheerie dearies

Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dine like a pauper

Day 12 – Ireland – NFD โœ… ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Hi everybody, I canโ€™t remember what day I posted last but I am hereโ€ฆjust not getting to post or catch up on posts much. Iโ€™m up early and about to head out for a charity spin so checking in to say hello ๐Ÿ‘‹

Work has really ramped up recently, Iโ€™ve been spending more time with mum and Iโ€™ve had a few cycling events which mean trips away with friends so Iโ€™ve been very busy for the past while. Mum is well thankfully, with no lasting issues following Covid ๐Ÿ˜. Fasting has been tough but I will have two or three good FDs next week. I WILL ๐Ÿคฉ and I will get back to my regular check ins. Itโ€™s incredible how life conspires to derail you ๐Ÿ˜‚

I seem to be hovering around 160lbs so thatโ€™s okโ€ฆ Iโ€™d like to drop a little before the end of June

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Day 12 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Still very much ‘switched off’ and relaxed from being away, sometimes find need a few days to get going again! Made a good start in the garden yesterday by mowing and trimming the lawns, finally after a few years battling the moss, they’re looking good!

@michelineme – Sounds like you’ve got the 5:2 mojo fixed nicely, good isn’t it! Haven’t been on the scales since we got back, but felt the need for a FD yesterday, will still have tomorrow and Thursday as usual FD’s the see on Fridays weigh in if the holiday has done any damage ๐Ÿ˜‰

@linda.b – Yes, just looked in at the Ospreys, adults are off out fishing and feeding the young, how they’ve changed in a week!

@funshipfreddie – Hope you manage to find somewhere you can settle and rest your head, it’s a big thing trying to find somewhere that suits.

Take care all

Day 12 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

@ccco – just 2 lbs from your goal?! Awesome! ๐Ÿฅ‡๐ŸŽฏ

@i-hate-lettuce – yes, it is a mission looking for a new place. I’ve got my eye on a few places in Port Elizabeth, including a new retirement complex, where I may have the option to rent or buy. It just depends on how long it takes me to sell my current home ๐Ÿคž

Getting the 1st FD of the week out of the way, cos I just know I won’t be in the mood tomorrow ๐Ÿ™„

@northgeorgia – I hope you join me; plenty of room on the pocket list ๐Ÿ˜…

Happy S๐ŸŒžnday

Pocket List – Day 12 ๐Ÿฅ•
    @funshipfreddie

Day 12

The temp here is over 100ยฐ f during the day.

Our power went out 15 hours ago.

I just canโ€™t

Day 12 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 214 lbs. Sorry, I signed on late today. Happy to be at 214 on this Sunday (my mom went on a cooking frenzy yesterday, but thankfully lots of zucchini in the garden, so lots more healthy home-cooked meals). I’ve hit 214 several Sundays this year, but the last WFD Sunday at 214 was in early March and led to my record of 207 lbs that Tuesday. That was with two B2B WFDs. I’ll do OMAD tomorrow and maybe Tuesday, so the results may not be so dramatic, but in any case, I’m hoping for some goose-eggs in my numbers this week. Working in my favor are more stable numbers between the high range and low range (in March, I ranged 9 lbs in a week and a half between my high and record low; the past week and a half it’s more like 7 lbs, so I could be ending my plateau this week).

@funshipfreddie I am in for today! Woo hoo, let’s do this!

Pocket List โ€“ Day 12 ๐Ÿฅ•
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

Day 12 UK NFD

Checking in late and tired – woken early by neighbours’ small people whose sleepover guests were playing in the garden. It’s been a full day of Project Stuff but I’ve finally caught up with my backlog of read & comment/redraft papers and can have a more relaxed week – phew!

Yesterday was TDEE but contained both sugar and carb. Today has only had spinach and eggs but supper in a moment – should be a solid CD in preparation for tomorrow’s FD.If this NFD/CD/FD works I’ll make it a pattern going forwards.

@linda.b a bit like artichokes, yes – but softer? I’ll be interested to hear how you get on
    @jaifaim glad all’s going well and look forward to fasting with you this week
    @ihatelettuce yup, i’m feeling back on the waggon at last – after a mere two years of trying!
    @funshipfreddie @northgeorgia hope you have a good FD
    @mariaelena o no! Fingers crossed the power is back on before you melt x

The halfway point for this month’s challenge is just around the corner. How are you all doing with this month’s goals?

Day 12 Ohio, US — NFD
    Day 11 — NFD

Today has been an okay NFD, as opposed to yesterday. Everything went well with meals until the evening and then an allergic attack hit. One of the few time carb cravings go out of sight for me is during such attacks. I wasn’t able to get things simmered down until 3 am, so today I’ve been somewhat loggy. During the reading group this afternoon I had an oatmeal raisin cookie and something in that has also upset my system. What I can’t tell is whether that is a new something or just a continuation of yesterday’s attack. Well, time will tell.

@northgeorgia If you have lots of zucchini in your garden, you must have LOTS of zucchini! A gardener friend of mine once called zucchini “the rabbits of the plant world”.

@mariaelena Hope the power came back on! When I was growing up, almost none of the houses had air-conditioning and certainly no college dormitory. There were ways of coping with 100+ degree weather, that I’m afraid many of us have lost. Those hot temps and no power can be pretty devastating — so hope you survive in good shape!

@jaifaim Good news that your Mum has recovered well!

Day 13 country west Australia CD 85.1 kgs ๐Ÿ˜”
    Since having Covid things have been a bit pearshaped.
    But mostly now back on track. Issues mainly to do with computers, lack of internet service etc.
    Happy to be getting back on the wagon.
    Will catch up with this month later , time permitting.
    @funshipfreddie, oh neighbours!!!
    Have been having similar problems with a unit we have in the city when we need to stay.
    Ongoing and ugly.
    Have a good day all.

Day 13 โ€“ Monday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia FUN DAY (FD)๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ

Gosh nearly two weeks in to our Jump In June challenge!

I’ve hit another one of those frustrating plateaus! The scales just aren’t budging. (Message to the Universe… STOP TEASING ME!๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฃ) I’ve been diligently following the exact same food etc with FDs and NFDs but the scale is just sitting there waiting for the legendary WHOOSH to topple me off the plateau! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ Maybe tomorrow which is WEIGH DAY for me.

@jaifaim – I’ll join you on this weeks FDs… we can DO IT and WILL DO IT!๐Ÿฆพ๐Ÿฆพ
    @mariaelena – oooch that’s hot! and the power outage as well….. not nice at all! Hope you have a cooler change soon…. hard to focus on FD when its that hot๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜ต
    @northgeorgia & @funshipfreddie- fingers crossed for your FD …. hope it all went well๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ
    @michelinme I’m going shopping after my dentist appointment this afternoon, so will have a look for the banana blossoms.๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‹
    @lilymartin – glad to see your post…. had been wondering when you might come back. We are just so reliant on the internet these days…. the internet has control of us now, not the other way round! ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜œ
    @matpi .. your allergies sound epic! So very disruptive to your everyday life๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’

cheerie dearies

Everything is permitted but not everything is beneficial

Pocket List โ€“ Day 13
    @linda.b

Day 13 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Quick call in, off to one of the lakes for the morning, make the most of this cool weather today. Should be an easy FD, which I feel I need after last weeks holiday, need to settle things down before the next little jaunt in a couple of weeks ๐Ÿ˜‰

Lots of garden time yesterday, it’s looking rather good, plenty of colour and a lot of promise.

Take care all

Pocket List โ€“ Day 13
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 13 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Went on a 500km trip on the motorcycle with DH yesterday, so muscles are sore and tired today. 500km is a lot in one day, we were in the go from 7am returning home at 16.30….however our objectives were achieved (it’s a rally we participate in every year), and we are readying ourselves for next weekend with something similar.

Not even thinking about food choices, but weight remains the same.

As for Jack Reacher, I am with @funshipfreddie, I have tried, but just can’t get into them…my Dad keeps giving me books after he has read them, and apart from one book, the rest were so not for me. I did like the series on Netflix recently though!!

Saw Top Gun Maverick on Saturday morning, DH and I were the only ones in the cinema โ˜บ๏ธ Got me realising that it’s only us oldies that got excited about the sequel ๐Ÿ˜†

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 376 total)

You must be logged in to reply.